Panama City Man Charged With DUI in D...

Panama City Man Charged With DUI in Death of Pedestrian

There are 10 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Jan 21, 2013, titled Panama City Man Charged With DUI in Death of Pedestrian. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

A Panama City man is charged with driving under the influence after investigators say he hit and killed a pedestrian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Jan 22, 2013
When is the City of PCB going to step up to the plate and widen Joan Ave, install sidewalks and a bicycle lane?
Joan Ave is a death trap and a clear sign that our local officials have no regard to the welfair and safety for those who walk, cycle and drive down Joan Ave.
I use that road everyday, stone cold sober, I have had many close calls where I almost hit a pedestrian who triped onto the road due to the shabby uneven surface they have to walk on! A visable path that runs along each side of the road had eroded into the sandy banks from the large pedestrian community that uses that road everyday and there are not many roads that I have seen that are as busy as Joan Ave in the east end of the beach. The city put sidewalks on North Lagoon and a very scenic path with biycle lanes and benches and palm trees from the Boardwalk to Pineapple Willies!
Does anybody know if the City of PCB had any futer plans to fix this problem? I would like to find out more and insist that our officials don't waste time dragging their feet over issues such as boat ramps in West Bay when there are issues more urgent and life threatening to address.

Location hidden

#2 Jan 22, 2013
I would like to add that there are two places on Joan Ave that does have sidewalks and that they are very nice and well maintained, the Sleep Inn on the corner of Joan Ave and Front Beach Rd/Hwy 98 and the Sentry Storage place located almost on the Joan Ave and North Lagoon intersection. Both of these locations were required by the City of PCB Planning Dept to install the sidewalks and maintain their up keep due to changes in ordernance codes over the last 5 years. I agree with these requirments and ask that our city officials also abide by these rules and improve their efforts maintaining the grass, trash, lighting etc until construction begins on the safty issues.
Citizen 2

United States

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Has his daddy hired Waylon yet?
Meh

Miami, FL

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Figures that scum like citizen 2 would want to call in th blood suckers.
Citizen 2

United States

#5 Jan 22, 2013
You know his daddy well.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 22, 2013
I'm confused! I wrote about the poor state of Joan Ave, who is Waylon and who's daddy are we refering to?

Since: Dec 12

Panhandle

#7 Jan 29, 2013
DowJones wrote:
I'm confused! I wrote about the poor state of Joan Ave, who is Waylon and who's daddy are we refering to?
lol I don't know:) They were talking about something totally different though.

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2013
C L Watt wrote:
<quoted text> lol I don't know:) They were talking about something totally different though.
I'm glad you could see there was more than one topic being discussed! I never did find out who Waylon was or who's 'daddy' they were talking about! Funny!
Citizen2

United States

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Waylon is the attorney the GOB's always hire to keep them and their kids our of trouble..BUT IT SEEMS William Scott Rhodes does not have an attorney. Someone must be working behind the scenes AGAIN!

From the records it appears he should not have even been driving.

Something sure is fishy about this case.

2012 "CARELESS DRIVING" CASE-(NO JUDGE?) http://court.baycoclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb2/Cou...

AND THIS DUI MANSLAUGHTER CASE:

http://court.baycoclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb2/Cou...

Location hidden

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Citizen2 wrote:
Waylon is the attorney the GOB's always hire to keep them and their kids our of trouble..BUT IT SEEMS William Scott Rhodes does not have an attorney. Someone must be working behind the scenes AGAIN!
From the records it appears he should not have even been driving.
Something sure is fishy about this case.
2012 "CARELESS DRIVING" CASE-(NO JUDGE?) http://court.baycoclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb2/Cou...
AND THIS DUI MANSLAUGHTER CASE:
http://court.baycoclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb2/Cou...
The plot thickens!
I just looked at the links you posted, thank you for that.
It is eye opening what you can discover when searching people on the internet, however, the things that are not said about people can say more about who they are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wewahitchka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug dealer Dirty Derek Aug 22 Angel of Death 1
Family Member Speaks Out on Oasis Lounge Allege... Aug 22 La Bella Donna 11
wanting to move back to fla (Feb '14) Aug 21 victoria 5
Strip Clubs and The Sex Trade in Panama City Fl Aug 20 Vincent 12
Applying for hud/section 8 assistance in Florida (Jul '11) Aug 19 Wildcats 24
News Girls Gone Wild Founder Due Back In Court (Nov '09) Aug 19 Certifiably Panamaed 20
Doctor for chronic pain in Panama City (Feb '10) Aug 18 baroness77 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wewahitchka Mortgages