First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ron

Panama City Beach, FL

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Can someone tell me why teachers are getting across the board raises.
wow

North Fort Myers, FL

#2 Feb 3, 2013
Ron wrote:
Can someone tell me why teachers are getting across the board raises.
Please tell me why they don't deserve the raise.
Johnny

Panama City, FL

#3 Feb 5, 2013
All they care about is their benefits, shorter work days, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, more days off, free health care and retirement with full pay and benefits. Kids are just a nuisance to teachers.
wow

Panama City, FL

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Johnny wrote:
All they care about is their benefits, shorter work days, shorter work weeks, longer vacations, more days off, free health care and retirement with full pay and benefits. Kids are just a nuisance to teachers.
Your kid sure is. Has your exact attitude.
Ron

Panama City, FL

#5 Feb 7, 2013
I'm not going to do your homework for you. Look up our failing school ratings drop out rate etc. Then compare teacher wages, benefit and retirement to comparable privaet sector jobs. Plus teachers only work 9 months a year. Now tell me why they deserve a raise.
JMM

Bonifay, FL

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Go spend the day with a teacher. See how you feel then
Ron

Panama City, FL

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Abolish unions and those who want to teach children will remain. Those who only want to make a good living will get another government job where they will spend their entire careers doing nothing productive and expect lavish pay and benefits paid for by taxpayer suckers.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Ron wrote:
Abolish unions and those who want to teach children will remain. Those who only want to make a good living will get another government job where they will spend their entire careers doing nothing productive and expect lavish pay and benefits paid for by taxpayer suckers.
You can't compare a teachers job to a pen pushing government job, for one a teacher is always blamed for the result of bad parenting and why kids are dropping out of school, teachers have no say in how long a school year is or what time school starts and finishes, teachers do not get overtime and if you know any teachers their work is never done when school is finished and unlike most government jobs teachers have to use their own money to provide materials for kids projects etc! I couldn't be a teacher, wouldn't have the patients to deal with kids, school boards and parents who think your their nanny!
Ron

Panama City Beach, FL

#9 Feb 13, 2013
DowJones wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compare a teachers job to a pen pushing government job, for one a teacher is always blamed for the result of bad parenting and why kids are dropping out of school, teachers have no say in how long a school year is or what time school starts and finishes, teachers do not get overtime and if you know any teachers their work is never done when school is finished and unlike most government jobs teachers have to use their own money to provide materials for kids projects etc! I couldn't be a teacher, wouldn't have the patients to deal with kids, school boards and parents who think your their nanny!
Do you teacher union types get your talking points directly from the union bosses or are you really that brain washed ???
wow

Panama City, FL

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you teacher union types get your talking points directly from the union bosses or are you really that brain washed ???
So, who'd YOU get to type your response since no teacher ever helped YOU? Were you picked on in school? I bet you were.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no time for unions or their sniffling, whining bosses!
I am not a teacher or a vegetarian, liberal, Green Peace,
rug munching, tree hugging, brain washed hippy type you judged me for..........anything else?
Okay, my turn........I can't say what type I've judged you for, it's too explicit for this site but you get the picture!
Ron

Panama City, FL

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Isn't that typical, neither "wow" nor "DowJones" can make a lucid argument so they revert to calling names. How sad for you both.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Ron, you called me a 'teacher union type' and 'brain washed'! You are right though, I don not have a solid argument as o why teachers should be paid more money as I don't know all the facts and figures I just have empathy for the poor sods who have to be with kids all day long! Your argument was that the kids are failing and school ratings are dropping and they teachers don't work enough hours, well all of those issues are not solely the teachers fault. Maybe you can enlighten me on your opinion as to why it is?
Really Ron

Greenwood, FL

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Find out what teachers really spend of the kids you think they don't care about. Every party, gifts, class decorations, pencils, paper, etc the spend for your kids because you as a parent will not send it in. Also, with the increase in heath insurance prices, its not really a raise but gets the take home pay back to what it was before the health insurance increase.
hamburger

Blountstown, FL

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Dont get me wrong teachers should be admired for their job and they do put up with a lot of crap! But not only teachers deserve a raise but this is Rick Scotts way of capturing the votes from the teachers and their unions so beware of Old Ricks slick moves! He may giveith now and take it back latter after the election due to term limits and take it back with interest. Beware he is slick Rick.
Right

Inverness, FL

#16 Feb 15, 2013
It's not a raise it is a one time bonus that actually belongs to the teachers anyway! Rick Scott is just giving back part of the 3% he g's been taking out for a while. As far as teachers not deserving it..... Spend a week in the classroom and know that you are responsible for teaching the standards, making sure every child makes adequate learning gains, write lesson plans, grade papers, deal with fights, listen to back talk, motivate, keep detail records of those that are being tested, keep up with progress monitoring, love each student without getting too close (don't want to be accused of being inappropriate even though it might be the only attention that child has received in weeks), make sure students have lunch money, supply paper, pencils, classroom supplies and any extras in the room just to name a few if the things teachers do!! 95% if all teachers do it because they love it and their students because heaven knows its not for the money!!!!

Location hidden

#17 Feb 15, 2013
hamburger wrote:
Dont get me wrong teachers should be admired for their job and they do put up with a lot of crap! But not only teachers deserve a raise but this is Rick Scotts way of capturing the votes from the teachers and their unions so beware of Old Ricks slick moves! He may giveith now and take it back latter after the election due to term limits and take it back with interest. Beware he is slick Rick.
I agree with you on 'Slick Rick Scott'! On that note I think none of us are safe in any job we do nowadays with the way politicians have that uncanny ability to tell you what you want to hear just to get your vote.
Well here's an idea, politicians and elected officials must pay back all salaries and expenses they received during their term in office if they failed to succeed in all of the promises they made while campaigning to be elected!
I'll start with my vote on this amendment and anybody who wishes to vote can freely do so by calling their local representative and leaving a message on the answering machine that is set to auto delete because they don't give a hoot what you have to say because their already elected dumb-ass!

Location hidden

#18 Feb 15, 2013
Your not a dumb a** Hamburger, I meant we are all dumb a**s for letting these politicians get us worked up over issues that wouldn't even be issues if they hadn't created such a mess in the first place with all their rules and changes and general involvement with our everyday lives!
Charles

Panama City Beach, FL

#19 Feb 17, 2013
At the National Center for Education Statistics, the average salary for a full time public school teacher in 2010-2011 was $56,069, . Now add health insurance approx. 10000 $/yr ,with a work load of 180 days/yr this comes to $45.88 per hour and this does not include outragous retirement packages and the near immpossibility of getting fired. WAY over compensated, and our children are not even being taught.
Charles

Panama City, FL

#20 Feb 18, 2013
The Chicago Teachers Union urged school administrators nationwide to discontinue the use of standardized tests, deriding them as corporate tools.

Typical teacher union antics. Remove all tools to hold teachers acountable and ensure that students can actually read & write. But, don't forget the automatic salary and benefit increases. Just pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wewahitchka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emory fraternity implicated in 'deplorable' beh... 8 min Rated X 8
War on Police and War on Veterans and War on Am... 3 hr Rated X 4
Monkey Out Smarts CIA College Graduate >>>>>> S... 3 hr U B SKREWED 2
Frog Johnson and Zackowski murder trials 22 hr PanamaedsTavern 4
News Bay County Getting Tough on Gangs (Sep '07) Thu Book em Dano 209
News Hells Angels To Start First Chapter In Florida (Jun '08) Apr 23 jimbo is my cuck 248
News Sheriff's office inundated with calls (May '06) Apr 23 PanamaedsTavern 5
More from around the web

Wewahitchka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]