14-Year-Old Dies In Hughes County Crash

14-Year-Old Dies In Hughes County Crash

There are 49 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 8, 2009, titled 14-Year-Old Dies In Hughes County Crash. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A 14-year-old Wetumka girl has been killed in a one-car crash on a county road in Hughes County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BallGirl

United States

#1 Apr 8, 2009
so why was a 14 year old girl driving???
concerned

Lawton, OK

#2 Apr 8, 2009
why was she driving if she is only 14.
gardening granny

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Apr 8, 2009
What was going on that a 14 year old was driving? Was she joy riding, did she have somone's permission, were there drugs/alcohol involved? How about a little more substance......that is on the news end. On the human side, God bless this family and friends who have lost a loved one. May he hold you in His hands during this terrible time.
former boswell resident

Tulsa, OK

#4 Apr 8, 2009
concerned wrote:
why was she driving if she is only 14.
It is not like anyone in Boswell ever drove underage. Still a tragic accident

Since: Apr 09

Altus, Ok

#5 Apr 8, 2009
My prayers go out to the family and friends, may god help them in this time of need. God Bless
Too many kids are being let out in this world to soon w/ out enough experience. It's sad!
aborigine

Plano, TX

#6 Apr 8, 2009
i grew up in a town not far from this. It's completely common for 14 year olds to drive cars and trucks and 4 wheelers and tractors all over the place. its a totally different world back in the country. i was driving to town when i was 13.
48Fan

Tulsa, OK

#7 Apr 8, 2009
Hasn't rural Oklahoma seen it's share of tragedy these days =( Weleetka now Wetumka, these a young girls who'll never get to "really" experience life! Parents keep your children safe from incidents that can be prevented! It's our jobs!!!!
Tulsatk

United States

#8 Apr 8, 2009
I spent many summers in Wetumka as this is where my mother's parents lived. I remember lots of times being out with my grandpa and seeing kids not much older than me driving. It is a very rural area so its not that uncommon. My prayers go out to her family.

Altus, Ok

#9 Apr 8, 2009
aborigine wrote:
i grew up in a town not far from this. It's completely common for 14 year olds to drive cars and trucks and 4 wheelers and tractors all over the place. its a totally different world back in the country. i was driving to town when i was 13.
I totally agree w/ you, it wasn't but 14 yrs ago that I was out cruising in my moms car @14. Ofcourse I had lots of experience on our farm before town driving. But people w/ experience crash too, its a terrible tragedy!

Since: Aug 08

tulsa

#11 Apr 8, 2009
Tulsatk wrote:
I spent many summers in Wetumka as this is where my mother's parents lived. I remember lots of times being out with my grandpa and seeing kids not much older than me driving. It is a very rural area so its not that uncommon. My prayers go out to her family.

my mother's family is from there too - are we related ???
whosays

Tulsa, OK

#12 Apr 8, 2009
tulsalady wrote:
<quoted text>
my mother's family is from there too - are we related ???
LOL! I'm from a small town too and it is funny how everyone in small towns seem to all be related to each other in one way or another.
whosays

Tulsa, OK

#13 Apr 8, 2009
My sincere prayers and condolences also go out to this girls family and friends.
Okie

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2009
Parents responsibility!!!!!!!!!!
Why was a 14yr old driving a druck person? And he should be charged with two murders since she was pregnant.
and I am from this area. God bless the family.
Another

Sand Springs, OK

#15 Apr 8, 2009
I too grew up not far from Wetumka. I learned to drive on the dirt roads surrounding that town, starting about age 14-1/2. It is a very rural setting with many expansive farms separated by dirt roads mostly. It is NOT uncommon for the children in these farming communities to start with a dirt bike or a 4-wheeler and transition to a car at about age 14 and learning on dirt roads. Do not crucify the parents, as they are not allowing anything out of the norm for their environment.

It has been many a time that a youngster has saved a family member only because they had the ability to drive to town for help (way before cell phones). If you look at the big picture, it is actually about average as far as good versus evil on this one.

By the way, not so very long ago, my grandmother was married at 13 and had her first baby at 14. Get real people. Living in glass houses must be really tiring for those who cannot wrap their minds around a 14-year-old driving in a rural community. Maybe you should get out more and spend your money in Oklahoma touring the "back country."

I will not be throwing stones. God bless this family and help them in their hour of need.
BallGirl

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2009
Rural area or not, its illegal to be driving under that age.. the small towns should be watched more and should have to abide by the laws.
JoeCool

Houston, TX

#17 Apr 8, 2009
Okie wrote:
Parents responsibility!!!!!!!!!!
Why was a 14yr old driving a druck person? And he should be charged with two murders since she was pregnant.
and I am from this area. God bless the family.
What in the world is a druck person? And how do you know that it was a "he" and where did you see that she was pregnant?
Okie

United States

#18 Apr 8, 2009
JoeCool wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world is a druck person? And how do you know that it was a "he" and where did you see that she was pregnant?
I know the family.
David

United States

#19 Apr 8, 2009
I am from Wetumka. I heard about the accident this morning. I don't know the girl or her family. I've lived here all of my life and theirs just too many newbies comming to town for me to stay up with them.
Sad loss for the family. Maybe this will change a few things.
grandmax3

San Antonio, TX

#20 Apr 8, 2009
JoeCool wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world is a druck person? And how do you know that it was a "he" and where did you see that she was pregnant?
i was wondering the same thing, and where did that info come from? Did I miss something?

Altus, Ok

#21 Apr 8, 2009
Okie wrote:
<quoted text>I know the family.
Okay I'm still curious as to who&what is a druck person. How do you know she was pregnant & by whom! And whether whomever she was driving twisted her arm to drive. Everyone makes there own decissions, its not the parents or anyone elses fault unless they ran her off the road. It's just a terrible tragedy that could have happened to anyone.
My sympathy & prayers are still with the family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wetumka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alyssia dilbeck Oct 17 Wanderer 1
who is this Audrey chick that worked at wakeleys? (Mar '10) Oct 12 hum 25
Amanda cullum n Robby McMahan (Apr '17) Oct 11 Ghgfc 14
The new family on main street at the times buil... Oct 6 Autumn Jackson 2
Who is stevie haskell does any one know (Jul '11) Sep 27 dontthinkhard 11
Gay House (Jan '17) Sep 20 yeah I do 24
My car was stolen Sep '17 Diamond Eugene 4

Wetumka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance