Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71289 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

danetoo

London, UK

#74657 Jul 17, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
TEN MINUTES BEFORE TEN..
On TV, Bill (on purpose I don't write his last name) and nine more Fire Fighters from TEXAS.... volunteered and flew all the way over to the border with Gaza ... and with a crew of Israelis Fire Fighters are busy working on the field..
Bill said that there's another group of fifty Fire Fighters from Los Angeles that volunteered to come over and shoulder together with our guys the emergencies among Israeli civilians by the border.
God bless them and their loved ones.
God bless the American People.
From Genesis 12:3 ---- "I will bless those who bless you,.."
Good on them ... good men !!

Thanks for the updates and good to see you again on here !!

Hope you have a nice shakshuka breakfast and some Danish bacon (do they have that in Holon still)??

I used to go to Yafo or Holon to get bacon ... now and then :)

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#74658 Jul 17, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you ...
and please notice where he is .. Minneapolis - USA ...
he's an armchair warrior ... lol ... lots of them
And he is always "full if it" .. mostly bullshit
.... rats !

few hr ago.. 13 terrorist from Gaza tried make mega attack on israel
look how it end...:)
http://news.walla.co.il/...
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74659 Jul 17, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's running hiding and ducking. It is not the Gazans. It is the Tel Avivians. Tell me again how much the zionists paid for that "iron dome".

D'you want to buy a few..??
Production is sold out until August 2015.
If you give me a good reason ... I might be able to pull some strings fo'you..!!

Meanwhile, educate yourself, savage ignorant.
If you have some questions, you can call Rayethon (for you es a local call within USA).. which is da'partner for worldwide sales.

And if you are hurt and upset because the Iron Dome outsmarted the Hamas, Syrian and Iran made rockets ... you can always see a Jewish shrink in town ... for medication.

""How does it work?

First a radar scans an area for a ballistic motor or rocket. When it detects the missile, Iron Dome's software can determine its location and type. The radar tracks the rocket as it is fired and the software predicts the trajectory. If it is determined that the rocket will hit a protected area, where there are large numbers of people or something strategically important, it will be intercepted. For short-range rockets, that decision will be a split-second one. Tamir interceptor missiles are then fired from launchers on the ground. An interceptor can act independently even if it loses communication with the ground as it has its own sighting systems. Each interception rocket costs around $95,000 (£55,000) so Iron Dome is not used against missiles heading for open ground.""

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#74660 Jul 17, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
LOCAL TIME 07:30
If I don't want to take any risks as I did yesterday, I'll have to hold to my sphincter .... and wait two and a half more hours, before using the toilet ..
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-454...
Too bad I didn't get a few of those disposable diapers
My brother's Israeli friend sends him cell phone pictures of 5-rocket Iron Dome engagements. Mine keeps me informed of his bowel movements.

The good news? My friend's description is more thorough...almost...vivid.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74661 Jul 17, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good on them ... good men !!
Thanks for the updates and good to see you again on here !!
Hope you have a nice shakshuka breakfast and some Danish bacon (do they have that in Holon still)??
I used to go to Yafo or Holon to get bacon ... now and then :)
Why am I just now hearing about the bacon?:>))
danetoo

London, UK

#74662 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Why am I just now hearing about the bacon?:>))
well ,, taps nose ..

you got to be "in the know" ;.;... at least back when I lived there -- I think it was called "white meat" at the time - never, ever pork, and only the arab butchers sold it

Not sure what it is called now - perhaps just "bacon" and "pork" ... lol ... and wonder whether they are actually importing the "proper Danish bacon" now (I am Danish, so should wave my flag a bit ..)

I shared a flat in Tel Aviv at the time with an English jewish girl, who was a designer and hugely into pot smoking (never saw the attraction myself - but hey)- she missed her bacon butties -so we went searching - and found it. When she moved back to the UK, she became religious - which I did not know - and when I first visited her in the UK when I first moved here from Denmark - I brought Danish bacon with me as a treat - and made it one morning - she was bloody furious with me ... LOL .. almost sterilized the whole damn kitchen !! I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

will be going on Israel in a month's time - and well let you know about the bacon buttie situation at the time ...:))
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74663 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>My brother's Israeli friend sends him cell phone pictures of 5-rocket Iron Dome engagements. Mine keeps me informed of his bowel movements.
The good news? My friend's description is more thorough...almost...vivid.
Sorry for having disappointed you.
All complains, plizz write them on the back side of a post stamp and mail them to the Public Relations Office of the Mo - Ssad.

Your brother's friend was given a camera and he's paid by the click.
I was given a keyboard and get paid by the amount of key strokes.

In any case, in about ten minutes .. we are all going back to the merry go round ..

Those grown up guys that spent the last five hours with each other, will have now a chance to report to us what have they accomplished, while Fatma was grinding chick peas to feed the family and Rebecca runned to the supermarket to get more disposable diapers for her baby and the next door neighbor baby...

And if after five hours, you have accomplished nothing ... it's just because you prefer to kill and bring more misery to the people on both sides of the fence.

If there is an honest interest and will to live and progress together side by side ... five hours is plenty of time to get going.

If what you want is to gain ground through violence and terror ... you will get more of the same that you have gotten on the last nine days.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74664 Jul 17, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
well ,, taps nose ..
you got to be "in the know" ;.;... at least back when I lived there -- I think it was called "white meat" at the time - never, ever pork, and only the arab butchers sold it
Not sure what it is called now - perhaps just "bacon" and "pork" ... lol ... and wonder whether they are actually importing the "proper Danish bacon" now (I am Danish, so should wave my flag a bit ..)
I shared a flat in Tel Aviv at the time with an English jewish girl, who was a designer and hugely into pot smoking (never saw the attraction myself - but hey)- she missed her bacon butties -so we went searching - and found it. When she moved back to the UK, she became religious - which I did not know - and when I first visited her in the UK when I first moved here from Denmark - I brought Danish bacon with me as a treat - and made it one morning - she was bloody furious with me ... LOL .. almost sterilized the whole damn kitchen !! I did not know whether to laugh or cry.
will be going on Israel in a month's time - and well let you know about the bacon buttie situation at the time ...:))
I was there in October of '73 (sort of) but we brought our own bacon. We also brought planes, tanks and ammo but the bacon stands out in my memory.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74665 Jul 17, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
Sorry for having disappointed you.
All complains, plizz write them on the back side of a post stamp and mail them to the Public Relations Office of the Mo - Ssad.
Your brother's friend was given a camera and he's paid by the click.
I was given a keyboard and get paid by the amount of key strokes.
In any case, in about ten minutes .. we are all going back to the merry go round ..
Those grown up guys that spent the last five hours with each other, will have now a chance to report to us what have they accomplished, while Fatma was grinding chick peas to feed the family and Rebecca runned to the supermarket to get more disposable diapers for her baby and the next door neighbor baby...
And if after five hours, you have accomplished nothing ... it's just because you prefer to kill and bring more misery to the people on both sides of the fence.
If there is an honest interest and will to live and progress together side by side ... five hours is plenty of time to get going.
If what you want is to gain ground through violence and terror ... you will get more of the same that you have gotten on the last nine days.
So, you've just gone through the toughest ten minutes of your life, what are you going to do now? HINT: It starts with Disney. If those are my only choices I'll take side by side.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74666 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>So, you've just gone through the toughest ten minutes of your life, what are you going to do now? HINT: It starts with Disney. If those are my only choices I'll take side by side.

What am I going to do now..??
Is that what you are asking..??

What I'm going to do now is, I'm going to cater to what the customer wants.
Hamas wants "more of the same"... they love it.
... and how do we know that this is what they want..??
They started shooting again..!!

(It doesn't surprise me)

Expect lot's of meat grinding ... on both sides.

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74667 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I could make Aliyah were it not for this.
http://allrecipes.com/video/4367/chef-johns-b...
Seriously...it will make you want your foreskin back.

TRD, turn on the newsss.
You might end up being sued by the Hissballah..

Pravda says ... Hassan Nassrallah tried to prepare your dish ... got sick .. and right now is at the
hospital..

Never a dull moment..

<whispering> Do you think they will censor me, if I write what I wish Nassrallah..??
elad

Israel

#74668 Jul 17, 2014
Outa State wrote:
<quoted text>They buy them from US, or they buy them from our enemies. If they buy them from US, we can negotiate things favorable to our country. If they buy them from our enemies, they become OUR enemies. Gosh, International relations is so complicated!
i just want to tell you that you are full of shit first off all our weapons was moderated hear in israel and secondly i want to see other country that give another country throw hear missiles all day long and tray to get inside neighborhood and kill innocent people i want to see that any country in the world don't go to send their army and kill them all we don't do this because hamas using palastinien child and women like a live shield because they don't have the balls to do a clean war which realty is that they can attack us and we don't why because they didn't kill a lats of people is only because we have a protection for missiles the truth we don't have a problem with arbs or Islamic people we have a problem with terrorists that afraid to battle with us like means that want us to kill child and women and they are taring to kill us and i know that how wants to kill us kill them first if they are still shooting on us we have the permeation to shut on them if they are traing to kill our citizens we have the permeation to kill them and we don't afraid of turky iran or what ever we are strong but we are humans before that we give the opportunity to have peace but they don't want they want only war and we don't go to let them kill us

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74669 Jul 17, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
TRD, turn on the newsss.
You might end up being sued by the Hissballah..
Pravda says ... Hassan Nassrallah tried to prepare your dish ... got sick .. and right now is at the
hospital..
Never a dull moment..
<whispering> Do you think they will censor me, if I write what I wish Nassrallah..??
I think you're pushing my leg. All I see on Pravda is how Obama has created a humanitarian crisis in Texas and is a laughing stock around the world and how the T-50 and S-500 will make the F-35 irrelevant. Nothing about the man in the black turban (not Johnnie Cash) has crossed the screen during today's news scan.

Of course, being a descendant of the same family that produced nearly a dozen attorneys, I am quite interested in heading things off at the pass. That's why I preemptively sued Nasrallah in Trinidad and Tobago for the libel I'm sure he'll spew once Muslims begin to convert over bacon jam. It was only while fact-checking your spelling of N-a-s-r-a-l-l-a-h that I found a small piece about his “delicate” surgical procedure.

I hope it's not an imposition for you to pass some numbers on to your cousin Benny for me. I seem to have misplaced some stuff vital to national security at 33°50'36.00"N, 35°29'56.39"E and would hate for it to fall into the wrong hands (if you know what I mean). He'll know what to do.
danetoo

London, UK

#74670 Jul 17, 2014
Efrat wrote:
<quoted text>
.... rats !
few hr ago.. 13 terrorist from Gaza tried make mega attack on israel
look how it end...:)
http://news.walla.co.il/...
thanks .. can see the photos and I am sure they either have a heckuva hangover - or "dont feel very well" ...

I cannot read hebrew - I learned to speak and understand at the "ulpan" as it was called at the time .. many years ago (not sure whether that still exists)- but never managed to read or write .. too stupid, or .. too busy (I prefer the "too busy" version)
danetoo

London, UK

#74671 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I was there in October of '73 (sort of) but we brought our own bacon. We also brought planes, tanks and ammo but the bacon stands out in my memory.
you brought your own bacon ??...

serious?

as you were posting a delicious recipe with bacon .. bacon marmelade or something .. which I am going to try very soon .. I will post a Danish recipe for a "flaeskeaeggekage" .. it is called ... and no, you don't need to pronounce it - it will understand you in any language

http://www.food.com/recipe/flaeskeaeggekage-d...

I drive to Spain from UK (and back again) quite frequently - I bring bacon there - they only have a horrible boiled version .. looks like it has "died" ,, well, it has .. but a horrible death. Starting a cafe there in a completely non tourist area - and will try to make it work :).. as well as an animal sanctuary ...(and not going to use the animals in the kitchen)
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74672 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're pushing my leg. All I see on Pravda is how Obama has created a humanitarian crisis in Texas and is a laughing stock around the world and how the T-50 and S-500 will make the F-35 irrelevant. Nothing about the man in the black turban (not Johnnie Cash) has crossed the screen during today's news scan.
Of course, being a descendant of the same family that produced nearly a dozen attorneys, I am quite interested in heading things off at the pass. That's why I preemptively sued Nasrallah in Trinidad and Tobago for the libel I'm sure he'll spew once Muslims begin to convert over bacon jam. It was only while fact-checking your spelling of N-a-s-r-a-l-l-a-h that I found a small piece about his “delicate” surgical procedure.
I hope it's not an imposition for you to pass some numbers on to your cousin Benny for me. I seem to have misplaced some stuff vital to national security at 33°50'36.00"N, 35°29'56.39"E and would hate for it to fall into the wrong hands (if you know what I mean). He'll know what to do.
The info I provide has to be disguised.
But it didn't take you long to get to right intersection. Chapeau..!!

The question is ... is Genesis 12:3 a scientifically proven "bendizione"..??.. or there is always some Peon next to the King sh!tt!ng on his morning cereal..??

The "F" series,...we bet all our chips on it.
The S-500 .... is probably what they tested today in Ukraine on the Malaysian 777. Fkkkn Putain..!!

If Peres was 25 years younger, he would push like hell, in order to have a couple of Yankees bright minds and circumcised ones from this side of the Mississippi put together, in order to find out how do you fool that S-500 bird.
At that Peres was good.
He believed that technology is paramount for keeping this fakakte 7.000 sq.miles of sand afloat.

Don't give up, TRD.
Look over that recipe book of yours, where you found the bacon pottage this morning (my time).... maybe grandma already wrote about the right avionics for the F-35, in order to pee on the "S".

The next POTUS has to be someone or some Hillary, that before moving to Pennsylvania Ave. is aware that you have to keep always a mile ahead of the fkkkn drunken bear.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74673 Jul 17, 2014
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
you brought your own bacon ??...
serious?
as you were posting a delicious recipe with bacon .. bacon marmelade or something .. which I am going to try very soon .. I will post a Danish recipe for a "flaeskeaeggekage" .. it is called ... and no, you don't need to pronounce it - it will understand you in any language
http://www.food.com/recipe/flaeskeaeggekage-d...
I drive to Spain from UK (and back again) quite frequently - I bring bacon there - they only have a horrible boiled version .. looks like it has "died" ,, well, it has .. but a horrible death. Starting a cafe there in a completely non tourist area - and will try to make it work :).. as well as an animal sanctuary ...(and not going to use the animals in the kitchen)
Sort of. You can carry quite a bit of bacon on an aircraft carrier but it's never enough.

Thanks for the Flaeskeaeggekage recipe. Can you describe the qualities of Danish bacon that make it unique? Belly? Back? I don't think I've ever seen it in the stores around town. Come to think of it, the only Danish products I've ever seen are baked goods. Besides the pastries there are these really horrible butter cookies that come in a round, blue tin. I can't stop eating them and I don't know why.

The bacon jam was so simple I slapped myself for not knowing about it sooner. Once you try it you'll definitely find a spot for it on your menu. And you should probably rethink your position on farm to table. In this day and age more people really want to see their sausage being made...if for no other reason than to make sure it's not a house pet or a Koala. This isn't a Koala refuge, is it?
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#74674 Jul 17, 2014
The world doesn't like it one bit.

Our sons and nephews were told to turn off the cellphones and move forward.
Midnight is a good choice. Civilians are not as much on the streets.

On a first stage they are taking over some intersections and in parallel they are beginning to smoke the Hamas freedom fighters out of their burrows in order to have a word with them.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#74675 Jul 17, 2014
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>
The info I provide has to be disguised.
But it didn't take you long to get to right intersection. Chapeau..!!
The question is ... is Genesis 12:3 a scientifically proven "bendizione"..??.. or there is always some Peon next to the King sh!tt!ng on his morning cereal..??
The "F" series,...we bet all our chips on it.
The S-500 .... is probably what they tested today in Ukraine on the Malaysian 777. Fkkkn Putain..!!
If Peres was 25 years younger, he would push like hell, in order to have a couple of Yankees bright minds and circumcised ones from this side of the Mississippi put together, in order to find out how do you fool that S-500 bird.
At that Peres was good.
He believed that technology is paramount for keeping this fakakte 7.000 sq.miles of sand afloat.
Don't give up, TRD.
Look over that recipe book of yours, where you found the bacon pottage this morning (my time).... maybe grandma already wrote about the right avionics for the F-35, in order to pee on the "S".
The next POTUS has to be someone or some Hillary, that before moving to Pennsylvania Ave. is aware that you have to keep always a mile ahead of the fkkkn drunken bear.
Thanks, I love the 21st century.

If you don't mind I'm going to pass on making important decisions based on anything as subjective as the bible. Ford, on the other hand...Ford bet the farm on the F-series and has owned that segment of the light truck market ever since. It would stand to reason that fighter-bombers would share that blessing as well.

I'll let you in on a little secret. If I were 25 years younger I might be one of the yiddishe kopfs Peres would hire. SEAD was my thing for 12 out of 15 years in the Navy.

Hillary Was on Jon Stewart last night. If you believe Pravda's coverage of it, the Russians are salivating at the prospect of her vs. Putin.
danetoo

London, UK

#74676 Jul 17, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sort of. You can carry quite a bit of bacon on an aircraft carrier but it's never enough.
Thanks for the Flaeskeaeggekage recipe. Can you describe the qualities of Danish bacon that make it unique? Belly? Back? I don't think I've ever seen it in the stores around town. Come to think of it, the only Danish products I've ever seen are baked goods. Besides the pastries there are these really horrible butter cookies that come in a round, blue tin. I can't stop eating them and I don't know why.
The bacon jam was so simple I slapped myself for not knowing about it sooner. Once you try it you'll definitely find a spot for it on your menu. And you should probably rethink your position on farm to table. In this day and age more people really want to see their sausage being made...if for no other reason than to make sure it's not a house pet or a Koala. This isn't a Koala refuge, is it?
depends how big the aircraft carrier is I suppose ..

I was married to an Israeli guy - he was in the IAF back then ..:) Older than me, obviously, as I was not much more than a teen ...

I think the British bacon smells and tastes slightly of "pee" .. lol ... apparently it has to do with the way the meat is treated after slaughtering - and because the British love their kidney - fried for breakfast with the bacon - I guess the meat is affected by it somehow

The danish pork is kinda sweet - the people I know in Spain ask me each time to bring - not just bacon, but fresh pork - the loin with crackling .. even with 36 degrees of heat, I stand there making pork with crackling and sweet.sour red cabbage - the best way I can explain that cabbage is .. vinegar, ribena, a bit of sugar and boil it for ages - truly yummie

the cafe - will have "proper" danish pastries that I make myself - with loads and loads of layers of butter and pastry rolled - refolded and rolled again - lots and lots of times .. it is really a long process - but it sells like "hot cakes" ... and my own take on gateaux and cheese cakes ...(anti ageing and fat free !!!)

and yes, the danish butter cookies are made with that secret ingredient - like coca cola - making them totally addictive - but I would still say - my home made ones are better ...))

I am not a pastry chef or baker by profession - just a hobby gone mad - something I relax doing and love doing ... after a busy day at work (in a psychiatric setting ... LOL)... and will soon be doing it more or less full time .. can't wait !!

and the sanctuary -- horses .. lots of horses, ponies, donkeys - cats, dogs ... I have done quite a bit down there - lots of land with an old barn on it - near a huge lake, which I can also enjoy a bit of sailing ... They don't treat their animals very well ... and so I got "crowd funding" for the sanctuary ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min Cheech the Conser... 1,600,704
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 37 min cpeter1313 317,468
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Percecution 21,175
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Mon Caitlyn Jenner 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sep 18 Into The Night 63,970
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages