Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,301)

Showing posts 66,001 - 66,020 of67,519
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

As I expected, each side has it's own narrative of what this agreement means.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

Can it really be called an agreement when the parties have such different definitions for what took place?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
Can it really be called an agreement when the parties have such different definitions for what took place?
They're belly laughing at how stupid we are. Secret talks, dumb "agreement" -- nothing in our favor. We are idiots!:(

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
They're belly laughing at how stupid we are. Secret talks, dumb "agreement" -- nothing in our favor. We are idiots!:(
We're idiots? Speak for yourself. It makes an entirely different sound when they belly-laugh on an empty stomach.

There's a lot of ground that needs to be covered before the agreement can be considered a success but the fact that we (US) are even directly talking to Iran is a major hurdle cleared. So what if the agreement falls apart? We're no worse for the wear and we can always go back to turning the screws on Iran's economy. We know that works since it's what brought them to the table in the first place.
Woody

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says the US will no longer have a reason to build the long-touted missile defense shield in Europe, if Iran fulfills its obligations in the recently-signed nuclear program deal.

“If the Iran deal is put into practice, the stated reason for the construction of the defense shield will no longer apply,” Lavrov told journalists in Rome.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Woody wrote:
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says the US will no longer have a reason to build the long-touted missile defense shield in Europe, if Iran fulfills its obligations in the recently-signed nuclear program deal.
“If the Iran deal is put into practice, the stated reason for the construction of the defense shield will no longer apply,” Lavrov told journalists in Rome.
Lavrov is an idiot Stewy and quoting him doesn't enhance your image at all. The cold war has been over for 25 years and we've been engaged in commerce with the Russians that whole time...yet our missiles are still pointed directly at them. We know a threat when we see one and an Islamic republic certainly falls into that category.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>We're idiots? Speak for yourself.
I'm an idiot, Lavrov is an idiot -- have you looked in the mirror, lately? You big fcuking jerk.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an idiot, Lavrov is an idiot -- have you looked in the mirror, lately? You big fcuking jerk.
Of course he looked in the mirror lately. He has a rear view mirror on his toilet seat, like me. It gives us a different perspective on things. Want one? It's portable so that you will never have to leave home without it.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I went back to AM radio for the war news, that's when I met Rush...back in his "Feminazi" days.
I wonder why all of a sudden we needed to push through a deal with the Persians. When Kerry got home he had to explain himself to some incredulous constituents while the Iranian delegation was met at the airport by a cheering crowd. What exactly is better from our standpoint? If gas prices don't drop I'm going to be mighty upset.
$3.46 even in CT is a deal. Stewey-Woody's $10/per was a solid tip a few years ago. Like all his observations and predictions so far. Iran doesn't even figure into the equation. Hasn't up to now. Know something we don't, Idjit? LolLolLol You blew that magic carpet ride. Ark Arf. ;>)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! You're right for once.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
$3.46 even in CT is a deal. Stewey-Woody's $10/per was a solid tip a few years ago. Like all his observations and predictions so far. Iran doesn't even figure into the equation. Hasn't up to now. Know something we don't, Idjit? LolLolLol You blew that magic carpet ride. Ark Arf. ;>)
Where does CT get it's gas, CA? We were at $3.19 at my last fill up and I've seen it up and down since then, probably on talks of a deal with Iran. All these years they've been telling us the wild fluctuations in the market were due to unrest in the OPEC producer countries. We can't turn off the Arabs so they probably thought Iran would be the next best thing.

I've had some regrets but missing that rug ride isn't one :-)
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Woody wrote:
Sure. like the Russians dont want to take over Europe. Thats Putins wet dream.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Where does CT get it's gas, CA? We were at $3.19 at my last fill up and I've seen it up and down since then, probably on talks of a deal with Iran. All these years they've been telling us the wild fluctuations in the market were due to unrest in the OPEC producer countries. We can't turn off the Arabs so they probably thought Iran would be the next best thing.
If you check, CT has one of the highest gas taxes in the country. How are we going to pay for all those entitlements for our needy urban dwellers? This is a Democratic state and, as such, we has to take care of the lil chilluns. Day be the voters of tomorrow. Anyway, as gas had hit $4.30 for regular unleaded a short time ago, today's prices are O.K. with me. The price fluctuations are due to those greedy prik speculators on Wall street making excuses for every little thing. Awhile back I suggested that a drone strike on Wall Street at the opening bell was a sure way to keep gas prices down. But, it fell on deaf ears.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Where does CT get it's gas, CA? We were at $3.19 at my last fill up and I've seen it up and down since then, probably on talks of a deal with Iran. All these years they've been telling us the wild fluctuations in the market were due to unrest in the OPEC producer countries. We can't turn off the Arabs so they probably thought Iran would be the next best thing.
Oh, I almost forgot. I regret that you don't regret that rug ride. You missed the opportunity for some decent rug pastry.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check, CT has one of the highest gas taxes in the country. How are we going to pay for all those entitlements for our needy urban dwellers? This is a Democratic state and, as such, we has to take care of the lil chilluns. Day be the voters of tomorrow. Anyway, as gas had hit $4.30 for regular unleaded a short time ago, today's prices are O.K. with me. The price fluctuations are due to those greedy prik speculators on Wall street making excuses for every little thing. Awhile back I suggested that a drone strike on Wall Street at the opening bell was a sure way to keep gas prices down. But, it fell on deaf ears.
Well, I guess as long as you get to shovel snow and break ice dams the high gas prices are worth it. Otherwise, I'll stick to fishing without a chain saw and water skiing in January.

I never know when to just agree with you but the Wall Street strike is sounding mighty attractive. Are Nutmeggers born in CT or can transplants lay claim to the title? How's this sound..."You guys are taking a real nutmeggering on gas prices"?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I almost forgot. I regret that you don't regret that rug ride. You missed the opportunity for some decent rug pastry.
I'd rather get nutmeggered.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather get nutmeggered.
Well, I have two siblings that fled the state for your neck of the woods. Those brittle bones needed the warmth. As long as their golf carts get to Piggly Wiggly, life is good. They also like the fact that the store clerks can't make change for a dollar. They be styling!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have two siblings that fled the state for your neck of the woods. Those brittle bones needed the warmth. As long as their golf carts get to Piggly Wiggly, life is good. They also like the fact that the store clerks can't make change for a dollar. They be styling!
They still use dollars? They can't not know how to make change when the cash register does it for them, can they? And are you sure about Piggly Wiggly? They'd need to have moved to the panhandle to get to one of those stores...man, those were the days.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

If she wins won't it prove Arabs don't have talent?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/american-...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>They still use dollars? They can't not know how to make change when the cash register does it for them, can they? And are you sure about Piggly Wiggly? They'd need to have moved to the panhandle to get to one of those stores...man, those were the days.
Even when the register tells them, they can't count right. Something about those different numbers on the paper currency and the sizes of those coins. O.K. Try Publix. By the way, CT is Fourth in the country, behind CA, NY and Hawaii in highest gas taxes. We gots to tak care o dos young voters.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when the register tells them, they can't count right. Something about those different numbers on the paper currency and the sizes of those coins. O.K. Try Publix. By the way, CT is Fourth in the country, behind CA, NY and Hawaii in highest gas taxes. We gots to tak care o dos young voters.
Publix still handles paper money but the register dispenses coins into a tray automatically. Y'know, I laugh every time you pull this zhit. Most of the people working at the Publix where I shop are retired Yankees making a little supplemental income and getting out of the house for some human interaction. If they have trouble making change it isn't because of drinking from the Florida fountain of youth, they brought that impediment south when they moved here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,001 - 66,020 of67,519
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••