Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65519 Nov 15, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>"We're coming and we bring change". Hmmmmmm, where have we heard that before?
Hey Eran!
Good luck in the election but if I were you I'd be careful with claims such as "we'll take these elections by storm". A lot of American pundits had egg on their faces the morning of November 7th.
What egg you talking about:-))))))))
Lapid does not have a chance of winning (I like him too) but he can get a good amount of votes and in a coalition kind of Government he could be the king maker.
what

Izmir, Turkey

#65521 Nov 15, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us oh ali baba,blaa blaaa blaah
for any details om me.. refer to your hairy tay sachs midget jooish mommmma boy.. te he hee) next inbred disease infested pleasee?

indocrinated PsychoRats heh
what

Izmir, Turkey

#65524 Nov 16, 2012
UN Resolutions Against Israel, 1955-1992

1. Resolution 106: "...'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid"
2. Resolution 111: "...'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people"
3. Resolution 127: "...'recommends' Israel suspend its 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem"
4. Resolution 162: "...'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions"
5. Resolution 171: "...determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria"
6. Resolution 228: "...'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then
under Jordanian control"
7. Resolution 237: "...'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees"
8. Resolution 248: "...'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan"
9. Resolution 250: "...'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem"
10. Resolution 251: "...'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in
defiance of Resolution 250"
11. Resolution 252: "...'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital"
12. Resolution 256: "...'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation""
13. Resolution 259: "...'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation"
14. Resolution 262: "...'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport"
15. Resolution 265: "...'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan"
16. Resolution 267: "...'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status
of Jerusalem"
17. Resolution 270: "...'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon"

54. Resolution 592: "...'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit
University by Israeli troops"
55. Resolution 605: "...'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices denying the human
rights of Palestinians
56. Resolution 607: "...'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to
abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
57. Resolution 608: "...'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported
Palestinian civilians"
58. Resolution 636: "...'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of
Palestinian civilians
59. Resolution 641: "...'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians
60. Resolution 672: "...'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram
al-Sharif/Temple Mount
61. Resolution 673: "...'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations
62. Resolution 681: "...'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians
63. Resolution 694: "...'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure
their safe and immediate return
64. Resolution 726: "...'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians
65. Resolution 799: "...'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for
their immediate return.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65525 Nov 16, 2012
Subject: FW: New York City; Sept. 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/embed/HjFSi1AZTq8

(why is that American man afraid to say something, anything????)

what

Izmir, Turkey

#65526 Nov 16, 2012
Uzi wrote:
ohh weeely? kak interesna)))
enlighten our way with your unmatched wisdom! te heee
well you already know by now ..

ask your hairy jooiish mom that too booooy! AHAHAHAHHAAHHAAAA!

next pleaseeee?:)

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65527 Nov 16, 2012
Looks like that filthy Turkish Troll is working overtime. Te hee. What an a-hole.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65528 Nov 16, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lapid does not have a chance of winning (I like him too) but he can get a good amount of votes and in a coalition kind of Government he could be the king maker.
What is winning? Our elections system is the relative model, not the 'winner takes it all' approach like in the U.S. As far as I am concerned winning is making a difference. If we get enough votes to put "Yesh Atid" in the coalition and force any prime minister to accomodate our expectations, that is a clear win.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65529 Nov 16, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Rodney or Martin Luther?

I'm trying but I don't think I'll ever get the hang of your government.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65530 Nov 16, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
What is winning? Our elections system is the relative model, not the 'winner takes it all' approach like in the U.S. As far as I am concerned winning is making a difference. If we get enough votes to put "Yesh Atid" in the coalition and force any prime minister to accomodate our expectations, that is a clear win.
Ahh yes, the "aim low" approach. You'll never disappoint yourself that way but I read a lot of chutzpah in your original claims for Yair. Now that I know you're realistic about it, I rescind my earlier comment about inserting caution into your tone. Give it hell!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65531 Nov 16, 2012
Uzi wrote:
Disbelief.

The wheels are turning...you can read it in his eyes. He sees that the vehicle of our demise will be our own constitution which protects this type of speech. The very freedoms we cherish will lead to our downfall.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65532 Nov 16, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
Looks like that filthy Turkish Troll is working overtime. Te hee. What an a-hole.
I wonder if Grey will be upset when he finds out his copy/paste has been hijacked.

Location hidden

#65534 Nov 16, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if Grey will be upset when he finds out his copy/paste has been hijacked.
Gay will love to see there's somebody he rubbed off on. woot woot te hee.... next.....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65535 Nov 16, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay will love to see there's somebody he rubbed off on. woot woot te hee.... next.....
Has anyone asked you lately if you think this escalation is Iran playing at slight of hand to divert attention from Syria?(or am I the first?) They're the only possible beneficiary I can think of.

Location hidden

#65536 Nov 16, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone asked you lately if you think this escalation is Iran playing at slight of hand to divert attention from Syria?(or am I the first?) They're the only possible beneficiary I can think of.
How would that work? Hard to see why Hamas would be firing the rockets and taking the hits to aid Syria. Hamas has distanced itself from Hezblome and the Syrian regime. I read today that over 1000 rockets have been fired at Israel this year. These people are lunatics. Strange how this thread timelines the peace between the two.

Location hidden

#65537 Nov 16, 2012
It's amusing to see the news media say that this latest escalation is because the IDF took out a Hamas murderer. The 1000 rockets prior to that don't mean a thing to anyone but Israel. And the beat goes on.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65538 Nov 16, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Rodney or Martin Luther?
I'm trying but I don't think I'll ever get the hang of your government.
I"ll take Rodney Dangerfield anytime!!!. As long as he gets respect!!!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65539 Nov 16, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong but Lapid said he will never ever get into a coalition with the right i.e. Netanyahu.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65541 Nov 16, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
How would that work? Hard to see why Hamas would be firing the rockets and taking the hits to aid Syria. Hamas has distanced itself from Hezblome and the Syrian regime. I read today that over 1000 rockets have been fired at Israel this year. These people are lunatics. Strange how this thread timelines the peace between the two.
There's been a peace?

I think Hamas relocated because of their crazy/not stupid approach to opportunism. The Shiite was going to hit the fan sooner or later so I'm sure they're happy their refuge lasted as long as it did.

As for who would or could benefit from intensifying the Gaza rocket fire, especially targeting Jerusalem where they're just as likely to hit their own is far from clear. The only thing I can figure is that Iran saw the board tilting toward the opposition and decided to turn up the heat on Israel so that while we watched the Pallywood Youtube coverage, they could do some REALLY nasty stuff in Syria. I wouldn't swear to it but I wouldn't be surprised to find the tail wagging the dog in Gaza...

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65542 Nov 16, 2012
Uzi wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but Lapid said he will never ever get into a coalition with the right i.e. Netanyahu.
You stand corrected, Yair Lapid said he will sit in a any coalition that will "change the system" and concede to his conditions; first and foremost changing the system of government, second returning to the negotiation table with the Palestinian authority and third implementing some of his plans for education, the economy and affordable housing.

He did give one last condition, he will not enter a coalition in which Avigdor Liberman is minister of defense.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65543 Nov 16, 2012
Yair Lapid just posted a rare status on his facebook wall with a message in english, this is what he wrote:

We tend to feel, instinctively, that in any struggle or conflict the weaker side is also right. That is not the case here. The weaker side of this conflict fired 12,000 missiles on innocent civilians, using women and children as human shields, twisted Islam into a religion of bloodshed and horror, and at the very same time is cynically misusing western freedom of speech in order to portray itself in the media as the victim; The stronger side of this same conflict is a democracy that has been bleeding for years from unprovoked terror attacks , that has already vacated the Gaza strip more then 7 years ago, and that is supplying it's enemy even now with electricity, medicine, water and humanitarian aid and is going out of it's way including jeopardizing it's own soldiers in an effort to save the lives of the very same Palestinian citizens the Hamas seems so eager to sacrifice in the name of Allah.

- Yair Lapid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min RealDave 1,110,264
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 46,747
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Chuck 19,222
Beware Dog Walkers-off Silver Lane in East Htfd... (May '12) Fri katie 7
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Fri Unknown 296
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE