State Mistakenly Sells Saltwater Fish...

State Mistakenly Sells Saltwater Fishing Licenses

There are 69 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 19, 2009, titled State Mistakenly Sells Saltwater Fishing Licenses. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

It's one of the simplest things you learn in civics class: A legislative bill doesn't become a law until the governor signs it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fergal

West Hartford, CT

#61 Jun 20, 2009
Just wondering...

If I started charging people $10 for a bogus license I think there's a very good chance I'd be arrested, charged with everything the State can think of, convicted and locked away. Let's not forget the huge fine I'd have to pay.

Are we going to investigate and prosecute here? Just a thought.
John

United States

#62 Jun 20, 2009
What's Jodi waiting for? Her nails to dry?

Or, maybe Lisa didn't give her the OK yet.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#63 Jun 20, 2009
Fergal wrote:
Just wondering...
If I started charging people $10 for a bogus license I think there's a very good chance I'd be arrested, charged with everything the State can think of, convicted and locked away. Let's not forget the huge fine I'd have to pay.
Are we going to investigate and prosecute here? Just a thought.
Plus you would have to make a donation to whichever nonprofit bribed Blumenthal last.
hunter s thompson

Bristol, CT

#64 Jun 20, 2009
Whisky.

They had too much whisky.
herbert may

Glastonbury, CT

#65 Jun 21, 2009
i am complian no need saltwater fishing licenses becuase hatches babies fishes, yes require fresh water fishing licenses only

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#66 Jun 21, 2009
Legalized Racketeering
herbert

Glastonbury, CT

#67 Jun 21, 2009
dep.ct.hatch babies fishes , yes require fresh water fishing licenses but no need salt water fishing licenses
shadrap

Elmhurst, IL

#68 Jun 24, 2009
Rick Shaw wrote:
Sorry Guys... Anglers need to be stewards of the fish we catch... So what if we shell out 10$- marine, 20$- Fresh. You are supporting the protection of the waters that give us the fish we catch and meals in the BBQ.
Take that protection away and see where we will be in 5-10 years. Cuz you know big business doesnt care about the environment and it will be a mess (again) in no time.
OK so the DEP screwed up, I am not denying that.
I wouldn't mind paying the extra $10 if it went to wildlife protection, better boat ramps, more hunting space, etc.. but as we all know this money will be sucked into the BLACKHOLE aka the states general fund.
Blah

Shelton, CT

#69 Jun 24, 2009
shadrap wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't mind paying the extra $10 if it went to wildlife protection, better boat ramps, more hunting space, etc.. but as we all know this money will be sucked into the BLACKHOLE aka the states general fund.
Exactly!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Uncle Thomas Payne 1,602,494
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min Superwilly 317,591
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr TheReal411 21,191
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Thu ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages