Thanks Positive Changes Hypnosis Conn...
adoremykids

Boise, ID

#21 Apr 23, 2009
Curious wrote:
I am going to go to Positive changes for a consultation of thursday for treatment of an eating disorder. does anyone know if this would work for that specifically.. they told me on the phone they have had a lot of success with it.
Curious - how did your consultation go? Did you join the program? What was the cost and guarantee?
adoremykids

Boise, ID

#22 Apr 23, 2009
I'm not sure why this says Idaho Falls, I'm in Nampa. What input does anyone have on the Boise location (for weight loss)? I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the phone skills of the woman who called to schedule the appointment. She definitely didn't seem very positive or have an 'easy to listen to' voice - I don't know what I expected, just not that. Anyway, what was the average amount? Do they take payments?
Belinda

Lewisville, TX

#23 Jun 1, 2009
Shelly wrote:
I used PC in Austin 5 years ago and lost 50 lbs and STILL have kept it off. The program worked GREAT for me. I went from a size 16 to a 6 in about 5 months. 12 of my friends signed up and it worked for NONE of them...:(
Not sure why though...
It worked for me though.
I worked for PCH for 2 years, and I loved it. It was nice to see the clients change and grow. It was a job that I loved. Unfortunately the economy is really killing this kind of business, the 'disposable income sector"

PCH's close down because it's a hard business model to sustain. It usually doesn't have anythign to do with the owners.
Been There

AOL

#24 Jun 3, 2009
You've checked to see if these people are certified? Hypnosis can be very beneficial, but far from worth 1/4 of the cost you've been quoted!
They certainly know how to pull people in! The magic answer? No way. There is NO guarantee and I
would proceed with the utmost caution. seriously.
Paying exhorbitant amounts of money will NOT make your willpower stronger even through your subconscious! Sometimes hypnosis can be more damaging. Did you know that hypnosis and a right to practice it can be learned over one weekend?
A shingle after one weekend to delve into someone's mind because they feel they can't do it alone. Professional doctors can help. these people are NOT doctors.

Decide on your own, but please be careful.
haventtriedit

Bothell, WA

#25 Aug 14, 2009
Interested reader wrote:
re: hypnogirl--
if you claim to be a certified hypnonis, rather than a certified hypnotist (at least getting the title grammatically correct), well that speaks for itself to at least some degree.
There are certifications, like ASCH (American Society of Certified Hypnotists), but hypnogirl never specified her certification.

I agree! Uh...you can't spell, but you have a degree? Okay...Makes me want to try it! Uh-huh!
cris

Portsmouth, OH

#26 Aug 16, 2009
I went for my free evaluation a couple weeks ago and got about the same prices as I see hear. I told them that I was really interested but it was out of my budget. It took about 3 weeks and a few phone calls on their part, but the price came down to a reasonable rate and I start Monday. I think in this economy you can do some negotiating. Even if it is only a little bit-it's better than nothing.
Janet

United States

#27 Sep 11, 2009
So fake wrote:
Looks like Deb R and Estella lorio are both of the same person saying good things about positive changes.
However, this is all fake. Hypnosis does not work, it's all a fraud. Positive changes suddenly closed and this proves that hypnosis is fraud.
I was attending in Mem TN. They suddenly closed their doors never contacted me lost my money. Cannot get in contact with anyone and no one will return my calls. It was 1800.00 up front. I did enjoy sessions very relaxing but worked??? NO
Margaret

Memphis, TN

#28 Sep 17, 2009
I went to the Positive Changes clinic in Bartlett, TN (Memphis area). I thought it was very professional. I had been on a plateau on my own weight loss program for over a year, despite diet and exercise. Joining PC changed my way of thinking about food and lots of other things, too. I think it was a great experience. And, yes, I did lose about 10-15 lbs., which was all I wanted to lose.

Very relaxing. Your anxiety level for life goes away. Things seem simpler to handle.

Also, the lights-sound self-hynosis machine with the tapes is awesome. Just about nobody I know can stay awake with those on unless you're simply trying to stay awake. But, if you can't fall asleep easily at night ... put those flashing glasses on, plug in one of their CDs or tapes, and you are guaranteed to slumber pretty quickly. I think out of the 100's of times I've used my setup, I perhaps stayed awake thru one of them. The rest put me to sleep.

I think if you go in with a positive attitude, or at least a cautiously optimistic attitude, you will get good things out of it. If you're deadset against it, it isn't going to work. They TELL you that believing what is said to you is ALWAYS your choice even when you're "under". So, just be open to the limitless possibilities of your mind, and you might be surprised!

I also bought some other tapes, CDs of theirs that were very good about positive attitude, ending self-sabotage, etc. that were outside of the weight loss program. I found them to be equally as helpful.

My 11 year old child had great results with the owner who helped us get rid of my son's OCD. But, that was just a private one-on-one session or 2 with the owner of the Memphis branch (now closed). It's been nearly 3 years, and my son no longer counts how many syllables you say ... and doesn't count ANYTHING. I have been wanting to thank the man, but I can't find him.
Oregonian

Portland, OR

#29 Oct 17, 2009
I went to Positive Changes extrememly tired because of the stress of a dying sister whom I adore. Told the girl several times I am really tired and really wanted to talk to my doctor first. She just kept talking and said they had an opening today and had me signing without reading the information to me about the money back guarantee which is "You get your money returned after the first session and only if you tell them before you leave the building" In Oregon it is understood you have 3 days to end a contract and that is what I kept thinking. I am really disturbed over this. Anyone have any ideas?
Milwaukie Oregon

Portland, OR

#30 Nov 9, 2009
Hey Oregonian. Anything come of this? I'm considering PC and want to know our local office is a good one...
Oregon Sad

Warren, OR

#31 Nov 20, 2009
I paid $2400 in Oregon and was promised a one-on-one counselor relationship (I inquired about this at my consultation). Although I have had some success (25lbs loss, water drinking, & better food choices), I was very disappointed to be passed from counselor to counselor. For some reason everyone leaves this branch. Do to class cancelations, schedule changes, and staff issues my 9 month program has taking me a year to complete. I honestly could not recommend this program to anyone and that saddens me as I had such positive energy and high hopes going into it. Thank you!
lisar

Kelso, WA

#32 Dec 7, 2009
Looks to me like another Christian Group is trying to make money on their own. You people call yourselves christian! Urrrrg!
Happy girl

Show Low, AZ

#34 Jan 3, 2010
Live in Nampa Idaho, heard the commercials and have been tempted. I would love to hear some recent follow up from my fellow Idahoans about the Boise Office. Currently broke, but if it's really worth it I will budget. To Lisar..... what's "Christian" got anything to do with it?
Rosita Bothell

United States

#35 Jan 5, 2010
I just signed up today 1/5/10. I'm a little scared but am excited to change a few bad habits. Any tips about Bellevue? Am I going to be exhausted after the session? I'm just not sure how my mind will take this.
LeeinBvtn

United States

#36 Feb 10, 2010
i signed up for PC in Beaverton, OR and go to my first session tomorrow. Sounds like a lot of mixed comments here but also seems like those with a positive outlook have done better at this. I will try to come back and let you know how it goes. My only concern is how do you find out the stability of the location you are working with. How would I know if they are about to close or not?
SeattleGal

Seattle, WA

#37 Feb 12, 2010
Rosita Bothell wrote:
I just signed up today 1/5/10. I'm a little scared but am excited to change a few bad habits. Any tips about Bellevue? Am I going to be exhausted after the session? I'm just not sure how my mind will take this.
Hello Rosita. I have an appointment Monday, 02/15, for the free initial consultation. Could you share your experience to-date at the Bellevue location? Thanks!
LeeinBvtn

United States

#38 Feb 13, 2010
Finished my 90 minute sessions and am 2 days out. The very next morning I noticed I had more energy and so far things are going well.
Patti

Issaquah, WA

#39 Feb 23, 2010
Rosita Bothell wrote:
Hi Rosita, How has you experience with PC Bellevue going. I went for a consult today. I'm still sitting on the fence and would like some feed back.
Brenda

United States

#41 Mar 16, 2010
idahogirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually went for the free eval on tuesday and am still trying to decided if I want to go through with it. I know what to do and that I can do it (diet and exercise) it's just for how long. My willpower and motivation never seems to last. I was quoted $1977, got it down to $1877 and with a down payment can make 4 extra payments with their 6 month weight loss program
Idahogirl...can you tell me how well this worked for you? I am thinking about trying it...but would like to know if it was effective for "real" people not just the ones that are on TV.
Jeanne

Boise, ID

#42 May 9, 2010
I have smoked for almost 25 years, I smoke 2 packs a day. There has never been a day go by that I haven't smoked. Due to health problems, I had to try to stop smoking. It was a real bitch, couldn't do it. I tried everything with very little luck, gum, patches, fake cigs, you name it, I tried it. After all this, I figured I would give hypnosis a try. I am so glad I did. It took 2 visits to the Doc, but I am cigarette free. I had no withdrawls, no massive weight gain, nothing, I just didn't want cigarettes anymore. I went to a private counselor/hypnotist and the fee was 195 dollars, and I can see him as many times as it takes for one year. Cost me less then one month of cigarettes, best money I ever spent. So if anyone reading this is trying to stop smoking, give hypnosis a try, you have nothing to loose and so much to gain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,535,554
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... 3 hr Gremlin 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 314,351
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Army Vet 21,044
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) Wed AIPAC mohels 13
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) Wed Maurice Sandloff 3
B & D Auto, Inc. Newington, Connecticut Wed Maurice Sandloff 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages