Gov. Rell's budget seeks $100 million more

Gov. M. Jodi Rell today kicked off the 13-week legislative session by offering to split the Department of Transportation and give towns and cities the option to create caps on local property-tax increases. Full Story
william wilber

Norwalk, CT

#1 Feb 6, 2008
Rell should go to the legislature and abolish the DOT- timewasters, traffic stoppers, fuel wasters and mosst probably thieves. Today it was raining and I saw dot trucks on Nichols Ave. in Shelton and Nichols going along about 20 mph, holding up traffic and wasting fuel. During the past several weeks on Rt. 8 between Shelton exits there have been many state trucks guarding brush cutters and treee trimmers , 2 men to a tuck. The tree cutters were off the shoulder but the state trucks were blocking lanes. Now the state has plenty of trucks and boom trucks and can certainly put to work some of the many bodies wasting time but why are they hiring an independent ( I think the independent was Lewis something)- The state of Connecticu;t- WASTE and more Waste. What thieves are watching the other thieves????
pwilson

Newtown, CT

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Heres a new idea. How about spending 100 million LESS ?
Connecticut Sam

Berlin, CT

#3 Feb 6, 2008
Great Idea. They are going to spent more then less. They are going to raise taxes, and spent more on themshelve, and less money on the rest of us.
Taxpayer

Marlborough, CT

#4 Feb 6, 2008
Why doesn't the state already cut back on the big pensions that are being paid to state workers. Just because someone works for the state shouldn't give them the right to live off of our tax money, forever.
low lifes rule

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 7, 2008
william wilber wrote:
Rell should go to the legislature and abolish the DOT- timewasters, traffic stoppers, fuel wasters and mosst probably thieves. Today it was raining and I saw dot trucks on Nichols Ave. in Shelton and Nichols going along about 20 mph, holding up traffic and wasting fuel. During the past several weeks on Rt. 8 between Shelton exits there have been many state trucks guarding brush cutters and treee trimmers , 2 men to a tuck. The tree cutters were off the shoulder but the state trucks were blocking lanes. Now the state has plenty of trucks and boom trucks and can certainly put to work some of the many bodies wasting time but why are they hiring an independent ( I think the independent was Lewis something)- The state of Connecticu;t- WASTE and more Waste. What thieves are watching the other thieves????
Those are make work jobs for the negroes. Just another form of welfare.
Tim J

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 14, 2008
Whats orange, has 4 doors and sleeps 6?

A Corrupticut DOT truck!

Why are there 3 opertors in a Corrupticut DOT plow truck?

One guy to drive, One guy to shift, and a 3rd man to hold the coffee!
Tim J

Charlotte, NC

#7 Feb 14, 2008
Hey Corrupticut......heres a way to save money.....put your prisoners in Niantic to work and make them clean up the litter on the Highways!

It works for us here in the South
THE HANGING JUDGE

West Milford, NJ

#8 Feb 14, 2008
Gov. RELL IS A SHOTHEAD

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#9 Dec 12, 2012
She was better then the one we now have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,315
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min Frijoles 71,117
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min Earthling-1 49,238
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr R C Honey 307,005
Debate: Trayvon Martin - East Hartford, CT (Apr '12) 12 hr scorpiochic 3
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) 12 hr scorpiochic 9
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) 15 hr Police State USA 2
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:30 am PST