Two Hartford Men In Custody After Wil...

Two Hartford Men In Custody After Wild Highway Chase

There are 48 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 22, 2009, titled Two Hartford Men In Custody After Wild Highway Chase. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Two Hartford men face charges today after a wild chase that started in Vernon and ended with a crash in the city, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 09

Royal Palm Beach, Fla

#42 May 23, 2009
laura wrote:
<quoted text>IF IT HAD STARTED IN HARTFORD AND ENDED IN VERNON,,WHAT THEN????
well then Vernon would see some action... get to see the hoodies get taken down !!!

Royal Palm Beach, Fla

#43 May 23, 2009
sad and yet funny wrote:
I just reread the article, where does it say the cops beat a handcuffed person?
Couple of comments for Laura:
1) I am so anti HPD I make you look like a new dealer..BUT, I like to think I stick to basic facts. I see nothing that says they beat a handcuffed man. If HPD managed somehow to actually catch 2 guys that didn't pull over, smashed a car, and endangered how many people along the way, I say more power to them.
2) Even if the situation was god awful like you say, who would put themselves in that situation to begin with.
3) Laws are there for a reason. They give people a guideline as to how to behave. Behaving in an animal like fashion, and you are treated like an animal. Am I for beating an animal? NO. I am for humane treatment, and if you ever read any of my posts, I will post against anyone I feel violated the law (cop or civilian).
In short, unless you can show me exactly where the cops beat a cuffed individual, your argument is garbage.
Don't get all flustered big boy, Laura must be one of these dumb azz , brainless "bad boy" admirer... see what kind of pathetic life she has with these vermin !!!
sad and yet funny

West Hartford, CT

#44 May 23, 2009
Pasquale Daly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get all flustered big boy, Laura must be one of these dumb azz , brainless "bad boy" admirer... see what kind of pathetic life she has with these vermin !!!
agreed
Dave

Niantic, CT

#45 May 23, 2009
laura wrote:
<quoted text>TRUST ME ,,THEY HAD NO REASON TO RUN AND ITS NOT RIGHT,BUT IS IT RIGHT TO BEAT,KICK,SLAM,CHOKE,PUNCH,BRE AK BONES AND ABUSE A HAND CUFFED "PERSON"?????
You Moroness,,, I was talking about Michael Vick... Geesh
Dave

Niantic, CT

#46 May 23, 2009
LMHtfd wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly this solution would cause more problems than it would solve? Does it really make sense to force a vehicle travelling at excessive speeds on a public road into an accident? For example, what would happen to a driver who got shot? That car could veer into another vehicle, a building or take down a utility pole. That car being rammed could tumble into the path of one of the pursuing police vehicles.
70 mph high speed? Where are you from? If I do 70 on I-84 or I-91 It's like I'm standing still

Royal Palm Beach, Fla

#47 May 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>70 mph high speed? Where are you from? If I do 70 on I-84 or I-91 It's like I'm standing still
Davie , I hear ya bro, 70 mph , you can have sex and still drive... we both should know !!
Tommy

Ware, MA

#48 May 23, 2009
LMHtfd wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly this solution would cause more problems than it would solve? Does it really make sense to force a vehicle travelling at excessive speeds on a public road into an accident? For example, what would happen to a driver who got shot? That car could veer into another vehicle, a building or take down a utility pole. That car being rammed could tumble into the path of one of the pursuing police vehicles.
All of the things you state as possibilities already do happen. Cops using deadly force would create a deterent effect: if ya run you're done.

“Miss LMHtfd”

Since: May 08

Hartford, CT

#49 May 24, 2009
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>70 mph high speed? Where are you from? If I do 70 on I-84 or I-91 It's like I'm standing still
The phrase I used was "excessive speeds", which is relative to the road being travelled on. I said nothing about 70 mph. That might not be excessive for a highway but it is for a city street, where chases can also occur. As for where I'm from, shift your eyes leftward two inches and it should be obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min eggosaurus 1,744,113
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min cpeter1313 336,606
Do pretty Girls Fart??? 19 min Whyffthis 3
News House leadership favors statewide gaming strate... 20 hr Radio Flyer 3016 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Radio Flyer 3016 21,530
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Apr 17 Vega 34
News Animal Cruelty task force (Mar '08) Apr 15 Bam bam 9

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages