Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,102
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#53100 May 23, 2013
LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53101 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly you goof ball, now its climate change? what happened to global warming?
Climate change has always been the umbrella concept as referred to in the scientific literature.

Global warming is often how the non scientific types refer to it.

But in fact climate change involves a whole lot more. It involves changes in solar radiation according to latitude, and changes is frequency, intensity, and duration of storm events. Its not just about warming, and in fact the warming does not affect all parts of the planet equally.

Consider this your first science lesson of the day. You are welcome.

Location hidden

#53102 May 23, 2013
I am not sure if this a better explanation, or not. Probably not.

wiki

Climate change is a significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods ranging from decades to millions of years. It may be a change in average weather conditions, or in the distribution of weather around the average conditions (i.e., more or fewer extreme weather events).

Climate change is caused by factors that include oceanic processes (such as oceanic circulation), biotic processes, variations in solar radiation received by Earth, plate tectonics and volcanic eruptions, and human-induced alterations of the natural world; these latter effects are currently causing global warming, and "climate change" is often used to describe human-specific impacts.
Voluntarist

United States

#53103 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change has always been the umbrella concept as referred to in the scientific literature.
Global warming is often how the non scientific types refer to it.
But in fact climate change involves a whole lot more. It involves changes in solar radiation according to latitude, and changes is frequency, intensity, and duration of storm events. Its not just about warming, and in fact the warming does not affect all parts of the planet equally.
Consider this your first science lesson of the day. You are welcome.
Do you ascribe to the statement "never let a good crisis go to waste"?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53104 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---To quote you in past posts "I am a Christian."
HughBe--- As you have said, just because you say it does not make it TRUE. Those words are applicable to you for the most part. Now, if you are not LYING as is your manner explain why you and Former would REPEATEDLY ask me what is my religion called.
Just yesterday Former asked, "What was the name of your religion again?" Post 53000 P2381
Why have your masters taught you and others to TRAMPLE on the commandment THOU SHALL NOT LIE?
I was looking for the name of the demonization, not just the broad description of Christian. For example, Methodist, Catholic etc. What sect?

I promise not to come and find you.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53105 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Are you saying that the word OF holds significant meaning ONLY for believers? You were plainly asked, What is the meaning of the word OF?
You have DODGED, as usual.
Any ancient words from your scrolls, scripture, word-of-mouth etc mean nothing to me.

Any and all of these words could have been written by an old, muddled philosopher by candlelight while he sipped whiskey and/smoked a fat joint.

And you cannot prove this is not so.

And yet you accept this religion as your own.

That's your choice but don't ask me to interpret meaningless text.

Unless and until you can prove the text is of some significance in its origin and/or meaning/relevance.

Do you also give this church a lot of your money? Just curious.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---None of your CS change the FACT that what I say can be found in the scriptures and UNDERSTOOD with very basic comprehension skills. Why are you therefore having such challenges, my DULL friend?
See above re my view on your scripture.

I also don't understand every fairy tale I read or hear about but that doesn't bother my much either.
HughBe wrote:
Former---You generally mean no harm until you begin to tell Frijoles what his religion is and isn't.
HughBe--- Give me an example of what I tell him.
You tell him that Judaism is not the religion of the Jews when clearly it is.
HughBe wrote:
Former--Live and let live.
believe and let others do the same
HughBe--Is that really an answer to how I would be better off?
It is if you wish to be a force for good in the universe rather than a pimple on the ass of harmony and progress.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- The point is missed by YOU. I speak about what is WRITTEN.
Written by whom?

Do you have evidence of authorship.(Pure belief does not count.)
HughBe wrote:
Former--Same with non-believing Jews.
HughBe--- But Einstein "non-believing Jews" are NOT RELIGIOUS. That is the POINT. So they would NOT attach any RELIGIOUS label to themselves. Do you call yourself RELIGIOUS, genius?
I also stopped being Catholic.

People are free to cancel or change their beliefs.

Does not change the ethnoreligious history of the Jews.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- YOU don't respect the non-RELIGIOUS JEWS. YOU and the pharaohs want to FORCE a RELIGIOUS label upon them. YOU want to say that there is no separation between being a JEW and JUDAISM and that is a LIE.
Not at all. As I said above, one can choose any religion to follow or none at all.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe --The children of these JEWS will surely not be taught about any God or gods by their parents.
Former--ok
HughBe--- So don't call them RELIGIOUS anything.
It's an ethnoreligious group. This is widely know and accepted.

Except by you.

Is your WHOLE religion based on this concept?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53106 May 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it RIGHT to have SEX with a 3 year old child?
What is wrong with the colour BLACK?
What is the connection?

The first is a choice, the second is not.

This is my point, fool.

Are you practicing willful ignorance?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
How does BLACK impact on you and others apart from making you feel TINY?
How does ones sexuality impact/affect you?

Or ones eye color?

Are you beginning to understand?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--You are a homophobe.
HughBe--- I do NOT fear homosexuals. I do NOT hate homosexuals. I am attracted to people who have good and pleasant personalities be they HOMOSEXUALS or straight.
Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Not only fear. It says Huggy is an example. It's in a footnote.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
However, HOMOSEXUALITY remains WRONG and a SIN.
Says who? Prove who said this and explain
why you believe it.

Are you saying it is wrong BECAUSE you think it's a sin or is there also some other reason why you say it is wrong??

I believe you know it your heart that your beliefs are wrong.

Why don't you choose to "come out" to us as a thinking person? We will welcome you gladly.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--ps...what is the name of you religious club?
HughBe--- TRUTH and so it is hardly likely that you would ever qualify to be a member given your love for the opposite, not sex.
You love the same and are a club member of. In fact I believe that you are a Rear Admiral.
You will not tell me the name your sect?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53107 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct that he is a war criminal according to common law for which he is under jurisdiction thereof.
You and the obummer supporters are the ones arguing that he is a us citizen, therefore subject to the jurisdiction thereof.
So since you don't find common law to be legitimate, then in your eyes he is not a war criminal? That is by the standards in which you personally believe.

Location hidden

#53108 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?

Climate change has been an area of study that by far predates the controversy in the lay press. There was a full discussion of the topic in my High School science book back in the 70s. I also attended a seminar on the subject in grad school in the late 80s / early 90s, well before it was considered a politicized subject. In fact, to be honest, we didnt even realize it was going to be a cash cow for research. If I had known I might of given it serious thought for a career.

Climate Change field has been around a long long time, a lot longer than your messiah Alex.
Voluntarist

United States

#53109 May 23, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So since you don't find common law to be legitimate, then in your eyes he is not a war criminal? That is by the standards in which you personally believe.
No you are missing the point, I am not politically affiliated, Obama is , he accepts and is subject to the various jurisdictions, he took that public collectivist office.
And in your mind Bush is a war criminal based on the same facts.
Voluntarist

United States

#53110 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?
Climate change has been an area of study that by far predates the controversy in the lay press. There was a full discussion of the topic in my High School science book back in the 70s. I also attended a seminar on the subject in grad school in the late 80s / early 90s, well before it was considered a politicized subject. In fact, to be honest, we didnt even realize it was going to be a cash cow for research. If I had known I might of given it serious thought for a career.
Climate Change field has been around a long long time, a lot longer than your messiah Alex.
You cant answer a simple question.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53111 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh no, I know what alex jones says, he has had on as a guest the military guy that manipulated weather during the Vietnam war, he stated that they have the ability to increase the intensity of storms as well as the ability to decrease intensity, funny how they never decide to decrease the intensity of storms, that could save lives.
All of which is true, now if you think that they are still stuck in the 1960's with weather weapon technology you are the one that eeds their head checked.
I had heard somewhere that they looked into (and maybe even tried to) "seed" clouds to increase rain in areas that needed it.

Why would the gov't in your view only attempt destructive rather than constructive effects to the weather?

To what end?

Location hidden

#53112 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant answer a simple question.
It would help if you posed it.

Want to try again?

second time is the charm

Location hidden

#53113 May 23, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I had heard somewhere that they looked into (and maybe even tried to) "seed" clouds to increase rain in areas that needed it.
Why would the gov't in your view only attempt destructive rather than constructive effects to the weather?
To what end?
Seeding clouds has been around for years...I dont think its ever been successful.

It wouldnt suprise me that someone was working on it as a military application. Especially in the 60s. Age of space travel and what not.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53114 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like when W enacted the Patriot Act after 9/11 and added the dept of Homeland Security, TSA etc?

The folks on the right all play on fear and ignorance.

The conspiracy nuts mostly just on the latter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53115 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
FR doesnt frequent the Allah thread
A while back you admitted that people at home call you Christian, then you made no effort to refute their label
Thats good enough for me as a confession - not that there was any doubt
Frijoles---To QUOTE you(HughBe) in past posts "I am a Christian."

Frijoles now---A while back you ADMITTED that PEOPLE at home CALL you Christian

HughBe--- Dr. Flocker both statements are IRRECONCILABLE.

First you STATED that you were QUOTING me, recall "I am a Christian." and NOW you have CHANGED it to, I have admitted that people call me a Christian. Are you a FULL moron or a 99% moron?

If I call you a woman, does that make you a woman? Please don't think in terms of how you FUNCTION as a woman that is not being disputed or discussed.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#53116 May 23, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for the name of the demonization, not just the broad description of Christian. For example, Methodist, Catholic etc. What sect?
Talk about a Freudian slip.

I meant "denomination!"

Spell check.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53117 May 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What masters? The only master I have is my dog.
Are you always a paranoid type?
HughBe--Why have your masters taught you and others to TRAMPLE on the commandment THOU SHALL NOT LIE?

Frijoles---What masters?

HughBe-- Those who you follow as their BLIND DUMB sheep. Your pharaohs/rabbis.

Frijoles--- The only master I have is my DOG.

HughBe--- Do you provide daily SERVICE for your DOG? Is that legal in your neck of the hole?

BTW, today is called Labour Day in Jamaica and it is a public holiday.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53118 May 23, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are missing the point, I am not politically affiliated, Obama is , he accepts and is subject to the various jurisdictions, he took that public collectivist office.
And in your mind Bush is a war criminal based on the same facts.
Apples and oranges.

Beside, history tells us the victors are not prosecuted for war crimes.

Generally speaking.

Individual acts, yes - but not the top folks.

W is safe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53119 May 23, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---I was looking for the name of the demonization..

HughBe--- Look in the mirror and there you shall see the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min NTRPRNR1 1,127,005
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Mandela 68,666
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 306,280
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr True blue 19,387
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr grave digger 47,501
Popular '80s West Hartford Music Hall To Be Dem... (Jun '09) Thu AWXYZ 254
Black males often struggle to stay ahead (Jan '09) Thu AWXYZ 423
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]