Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,345)

Showing posts 46,881 - 46,900 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52252
May 13, 2013
 
I didn't know the tea party groups were advocating illegal activities. Is this isolated or widespread? Are they promoting tax evasion? I never heard this.

Tax aversion (not liking taxes) and tax evasion (a federal crime) or two different things.

I also didn't hear this as a defense or justification by the IRS in response. Only that it was lower level employees. Though I haven't read a whole lot about it yet.

Hadn't heard the comparison with DWB (driving while black) issue. That sort of profiling is wrong. The kind that AL EL does is right and we should be doing the same, political correctness aside.(Those folks know how to run a relatively safe airline.) I think we agree on this.

On the face of it, though a federal gov't agency targeting groups of Americans for increased scrutiny based on their free speech/political views sounds and looks pretty bad to me.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52253
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
To show how asinine your alleged conspiracy is, at least 50% of the US population, including the current fed govt believes the Iraq war was not necessary. So,where is the conspiracy?
The argument is about the conspiracy, not necessity, anyway those things change over time (people's views).
Not quite sure about that poll because i saw one where Iraq was some how tied to 9/11.
The afgan was was unecessary as well.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52254
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
To show how asinine your alleged conspiracy is, at least 50% of the US population, including the current fed govt believes the Iraq war was not necessary. So,where is the conspiracy?
I didnt know a federal government had thoughts and feelings.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52255
May 13, 2013
 
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
The argument is about the conspiracy, not necessity, anyway those things change over time (people's views).
Not quite sure about that poll because i saw one where Iraq was some how tied to 9/11.
The afgan was was unecessary as well.
You do realize that an election was won partly over this issue?

Only a few right wingers still believe that Iraq was behind 911. And lots of people, myself included initially supported the war but still never thought for a moment that there was a 911 connection. Rather, we thought there were WMDs.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52256
May 13, 2013
 
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt know a federal government had thoughts and feelings.
Fed governmnent is staffed by humans.

You need to get out of your basement more often.

Anyway, I see you gave up on the CO2 article critique. Does science give you a head ache?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52257
May 13, 2013
 
former res wrote:
I didn't know the tea party groups were advocating illegal activities. Is this isolated or widespread? Are they promoting tax evasion? I never heard this.
Tax aversion (not liking taxes) and tax evasion (a federal crime) or two different things.
I also didn't hear this as a defense or justification by the IRS in response. Only that it was lower level employees. Though I haven't read a whole lot about it yet.
Hadn't heard the comparison with DWB (driving while black) issue. That sort of profiling is wrong. The kind that AL EL does is right and we should be doing the same, political correctness aside.(Those folks know how to run a relatively safe airline.) I think we agree on this.
On the face of it, though a federal gov't agency targeting groups of Americans for increased scrutiny based on their free speech/political views sounds and looks pretty bad to me.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0220/Joe-St... (page)/2

The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counts five known domestic terrorist plots against the IRS in the past 15 years. Tensions are rising as federal tax authorities have begun stepping up collection efforts in the midst of flagging tax receipts.

"There's been an explosive growth of anti-government militias and so-called Patriot groups over the past year, and the central idea of many of them is that taxes are completely illegitimate," Intelligence Project editor Mark Potok tells Fox News.

Itís not just conservatives, either. Part of the tax resistance movement is left-wing resisters who donít want their tax money spent on foreign wars..."
----------

plus the fact that these groups are political parties - which I beleive is in violation of 5013c (in some way - not an expert)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52258
May 13, 2013
 
former res wrote:
I didn't know the tea party groups were advocating illegal activities. Is this isolated or widespread? Are they promoting tax evasion? I never heard this.
Tax aversion (not liking taxes) and tax evasion (a federal crime) or two different things.
I also didn't hear this as a defense or justification by the IRS in response. Only that it was lower level employees. Though I haven't read a whole lot about it yet.
Hadn't heard the comparison with DWB (driving while black) issue. That sort of profiling is wrong. The kind that AL EL does is right and we should be doing the same, political correctness aside.(Those folks know how to run a relatively safe airline.) I think we agree on this.
On the face of it, though a federal gov't agency targeting groups of Americans for increased scrutiny based on their free speech/political views sounds and looks pretty bad to me.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-Resistance...

Excerpt: The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist political movement which is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian, and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009. It endorses reduced government spending, opposition to taxation in varying degrees, reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution. The name "Tea Party" is a re...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52259
May 13, 2013
 
Not sure where these people are vis a vis evasion vs aversion - but "movement" suggests to me evasion, "central idea" could mean aversion, and "varying degrees" leaves room for both.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52260
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that an election was won partly over this issue?
Only a few right wingers still believe that Iraq was behind 911. And lots of people, myself included initially supported the war but still never thought for a moment that there was a 911 connection. Rather, we thought there were WMDs.
You are speaking generalization after generalization.

Mean time iraq and afgan is still occupied and gitmo is still open.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52261
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Fed governmnent is staffed by humans.
You need to get out of your basement more often.
Anyway, I see you gave up on the CO2 article critique. Does science give you a head ache?
There is no convincing you, global warming is like a cult to you.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52262
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont have a problem with it. Unless there is evidence that prosecution were handled any differently, which so far, there isnt.
The Tea Party is not only a political group (they run candidates) but they promote tax aversion. It would seem to me that this is exactly what the IRS should be investigating.
I dont get the backlash.
The backlash is the profiling dont you get it einstein?

Besides, the IRS doesnt care about evidence so your argument is foolish.

Meanwhile GE pays zero taxes, thats ok go after political enemies.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52263
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont get how IRS investigation is implicitly tyrannical.
Lets look at a false equivalence that is being bandied around. Black people being pulled over by cops. That is wrong. In that situation, there is no reason to believe that black people are more guilty of a potential crime than white people, therefore profiling for the purpose of investigation is wrong.
But in the case of the Tea Party - these people are actually advocating illegal behavior. Therefore, the potential is there. Plus they are not acting as individuals, they are filing as an organization with voluntary membership. So it makes sense to profile the organization.
You are still making generalizations do you know how foolish you sound?

Is there anything this administration does that will make you be critical?
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52264
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0220/Joe-St... (page)/2
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counts five known domestic terrorist plots against the IRS in the past 15 years. Tensions are rising as federal tax authorities have begun stepping up collection efforts in the midst of flagging tax receipts.
"There's been an explosive growth of anti-government militias and so-called Patriot groups over the past year, and the central idea of many of them is that taxes are completely illegitimate," Intelligence Project editor Mark Potok tells Fox News.
Itís not just conservatives, either. Part of the tax resistance movement is left-wing resisters who donít want their tax money spent on foreign wars..."
----------
plus the fact that these groups are political parties - which I beleive is in violation of 5013c (in some way - not an expert)
The splc is just an extension of the federal government, they mean nothing.

They have a libertarian guy that ran for congress listed for no reason, no evidence , nothing.
Purely political enemy.
Abolish The Fed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52265
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0220/Joe-St... (page)/2
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counts five known domestic terrorist plots against the IRS in the past 15 years. Tensions are rising as federal tax authorities have begun stepping up collection efforts in the midst of flagging tax receipts.
"There's been an explosive growth of anti-government militias and so-called Patriot groups over the past year, and the central idea of many of them is that taxes are completely illegitimate," Intelligence Project editor Mark Potok tells Fox News.
Itís not just conservatives, either. Part of the tax resistance movement is left-wing resisters who donít want their tax money spent on foreign wars..."
----------
plus the fact that these groups are political parties - which I beleive is in violation of 5013c (in some way - not an expert)
Yet government prosecutors refuse to offer evidence that the constitution and code are applicable time and time again.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52266
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0220/Joe-St... (page)/2
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counts five known domestic terrorist plots against the IRS in the past 15 years. Tensions are rising as federal tax authorities have begun stepping up collection efforts in the midst of flagging tax receipts.
"There's been an explosive growth of anti-government militias and so-called Patriot groups over the past year, and the central idea of many of them is that taxes are completely illegitimate," Intelligence Project editor Mark Potok tells Fox News.
Itís not just conservatives, either. Part of the tax resistance movement is left-wing resisters who donít want their tax money spent on foreign wars..."
----------
plus the fact that these groups are political parties - which I beleive is in violation of 5013c (in some way - not an expert)
If it was about terrorism, why wouldn't the IRS have handed this off to Homeland Security?

I thought you were saying it was about tax aversion/evasion.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52267
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-Resistance...
Excerpt: The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist political movement which is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian, and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009. It endorses reduced government spending, opposition to taxation in varying degrees, reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution. The name "Tea Party" is a re...
And??? Still not seeing the promotion of tax evasion only reduction in spending and taxation.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52268
May 13, 2013
 
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no convincing you, global warming is like a cult to you.
I will be more than happy to discuss the topic with you, provided you tell me what exactly you are having difficulty with. So far I offered an article about co2 levels and you are off on a rant about global warming.

What in the article do you take issue with?(hint - you should probably click on the link and actually read the damn article)

This is how logical people operate.

former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52269
May 13, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
Not sure where these people are vis a vis evasion vs aversion - but "movement" suggests to me evasion, "central idea" could mean aversion, and "varying degrees" leaves room for both.
I give you credit for creative thinking.

And I accept your reversal/self-correction on the issue!

Honest mistake. Probably some lefty blathering on NPR planted the seed.

:))

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52270
May 13, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was about terrorism, why wouldn't the IRS have handed this off to Homeland Security?
I thought you were saying it was about tax aversion/evasion.
I posted that for the insight into ideologies. You posed a good question and I was trying to see what is openly available on the topic.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52271
May 13, 2013
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was about terrorism, why wouldn't the IRS have handed this off to Homeland Security?
I thought you were saying it was about tax aversion/evasion.
"tax resistence" sounds like evasion to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,881 - 46,900 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Hartford County was issued at July 14 at 4:03AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••