Susan B---You obviously don't know what idolatry is<quoted text>You obviously don't know what idolatry is. Any religion other than Judaism and serving the God of Israel is idolatry. My God is the living God. If you're a Christian, my thoughts are definitely superior to any Christian doctrine.
HughBe--- I want you to take the time to meditate upon my words in my previous post. They are below the line but first, let me simplify the matter for you.
1. YOU have ELEVATED, ESTEEMED and PROMOTED your thoughts and opinion ABOVE God's explicit words. In essence YOU believe that your words are of more VALUE and merit than God's.
2.YOUR thoughts are placed ABOVE God's. YOU must be a god/IDOL. For no one is ABOVE God in any way including opinions.
3 YOU are guilty not only of DISOBEDIENCE but also of breaking this commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before me.(some translate it as "in My presence")
4. YOU have made yourself into a god/IDOL who is NOT the EQUAL to Almighty God but one whose opinion is SUPERIOR to the Creator God.
5. YOU are greater than the God of Abraham. If you were NOT greater than Him YOU would have SUBMITTED to His words.
6. YOU want others to follow your strange and FALSE doctrine instead of God's words. YOU have therefore put yourself IN PLACE of God, you are an idol.
7. YOU have FAILED to surrender to God because YOU feel that you are superior in VALUE to God Almighty and this is evident in your blatant contradiction of what God says.
HughBe---Your limited understanding of the word IDOL is noted.
Let me share a DICTIONARY definition. Idol=a person who is revered(meaning having a lot or RESPECT for), admired, or highly loved.
Now, putting it in context, it is clear to even the BLIND that if an Authority says one thing and an individual says the opposite then such an individual has greater RESPECT for his or her own view than for the view of the AUTHORITY. In fact such a position can be taken to mean that there is no RESPECT for the Authority.
Now God says one thing and YOU say the opposite. In other words you do not REVERE what God says. Instead YOU have elevated your own views above His. In essence you have magnified yourself ABOVE God.
If YOU have elevated your views above God then you must be a god/idol and your master is yourself.