Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,039)

Showing posts 40,761 - 40,780 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sure isnt.
Where is our new driving commentator friend?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is our new driving commentator friend?
Got busted for jay walking.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Got busted for jay walking.
BDF (Baby Drake Formula) says he walks around with a "satelite dish on my head."

I hope this isn't a safety concern when negotiating traffic (or in lightning!).
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a boo boo. I meant to say the KCL sample had a HIGHER pH.(AEC greater than the CEC (cat ion exchange capacity).
I have another question - this one more open (I dotn know the answer to)
Why is it my hair turns to straw when I swim in a chlorinated pool? Do the special swimmers shampoos actually work? They claim to acidify and most of them have sulfur.
rabbee: well i think you mean, a lower ph. less than 7 is acidic, and greater than 7 is basic. and potassium and sodium chlorides, are very slightly acidic. and distilled water, does not always have a ph of exactly neutral 7ph. since water can take on, a hydroxide HOH or acidic H2O form.

and adding chlorine, hypochlorite, or chloramine to water makes he water more acidic. so if you have ever used a carbolic acid soap, you tend to get the same effect. so i do not know, if adding more acid is a wise idea. one would think, you would use a mild hydroxide soap and slight alkaline conditioner to counteract it. and then to replace the oil in the hair, so that the barbs on hair lays back down and does not act like velcro. and hydroxide and oils lubricates, and acids don't lubricate at all. as you might say that acids, are the opposite of lubrication. and result in a rougher texture, to the hair. and i would avoid sulfites, on the hair.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Jump for Joy wrote:
You cannot force Jews to become practising Jews. There are always going to be people who want to be different. What are you going to do about the atheist,messianic and the agnostic Jews that are already in Israel? Are you going to force them at gun point to convert? Jews are a race, DNA proves that and not just a religion! The above are just as Jewish as anyone else and just as loyal to Israel! One of these days those freaks the Ultra Orthodox Jews will rule Israel and those pigs are worse that Muslims.
rabbee: well i do not believe, you can call jews* a race. since the multitudes that left egypt, were not all Evareem. and not only that because of the converts, since then tends to remove the racial designation. so i would not put my faith, that dna can determine who is a jew* or who isn't. and the tribe that Avraham came from, would also have simular dna structure. so that dna is not, an absolute soul determinant.

and lastly, i do not look at it, like this world does. i only go by who is true to G-D or not, here in TheStory of Creation again. so i don't care whether, you are self considered as jewish, christian, muslem, chinese, brittish, french, african, athiest, martian, or other pagan. or anyother diverse way, you have alienated yourself from G-D, here in TheSame Story again. since none of that crap, makes you true blue to G-D.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Former--I do not claim to speak the truth.......

HughBe--- Accepted

Former---That is the difference between you and me.

HughBe--- This is the difference, COMMON SENSE on my side. My experiences teach me that INTELLIGENCE is required to create order, to design, to establish laws etc. I do not subscribe to the BS that insentience can do these things. I have NEVER seen that happen but perhaps you have and that accounts for your belief.

Former---Do not compare your thought process to mine.

HughBe--- They cannot be compared.

Former--We clearly have different standards for what we consider "true."

HughBe--- I regard fiction and the BASELESS figment of your imagination as UNTRUE.

Former--I will say I like ice cream. That I know for a fact.
But I will not claim to know who made the universe. That I do not know. And neither do you.

HughBe--- I know that you do not KNOW Him but I do.

Former--What other religions did you check into before randomly choosing one?

HughBe--- atheism and agnosticism.

Former--What if you read The Koran first and found that instantly convincing to you?

HughBe--- It is not a matter of first come first chosen. I have been exposed to the teachings of both Judaism and Islam on this forum, have you? Are you convinced of anything? Why not, if not?

Former--What makes you think God wrote the bible?

HughBe--- I have NEVER said that.

Former--Do you not see Judaism as the foundation of Christianity?

HughBe--- I see Jesus and the prophets as the foundation.

Former--How do you distinguish man-made from god-made religion?

HughBe--- Ask an intelligent question and surprise me please. God-made comes from God while man-made comes from man. Examples CORRUPT men want to strip the Jewish people of their IDENTITY if they don't follow their decrees e.g. belief in Jesus. Not even God got the Jewish people to worship Him continuously.

Former--Didn't god make man, in your view?

HughBe--- yes and a brainless set of atoms made YOU. In fact they probably vibrated monkeys first and then vibrated some more and made you. That is ok as you are heavy into vibrations.

Former--Nothing you believe can be proven and yet you still believe in it, so why draw the line at reincarnation?

HughBe--- Pay attention. I cannot relate to the experience PERSONALLY. If I have been here before I DO NOT know about it. Get it?

Former--It seems a bit arbitrary.

HughBe--- because understanding is lacking.

Former--I have no beliefs in the sense that you do, so I have nothing to prove.

HughBe--- WRONG, you do have beliefs based on your own definition. Recall, "belief without proof". YOU believe things without being able to PROVE them. Do you hold a view as to how man came into existence? If yes, prove your belief.

Former---Do you think you are superior to a pig?

HughBe--- In every way. From intelligence to dick size. It is a pity that even in the department of looks your rival, the pig, outdo you.

HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
you didn't say good-bye to me, you baxtard!!
The thing is, I do not attach the word GOOD to bye as there is NOTHING good about it.

At the appropriate time I shall say bye to you but NEVER good-bye.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

bye Former
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- This is the difference, COMMON SENSE on my side. My experiences teach me that INTELLIGENCE is required to create order, to design, to establish laws etc. I do not subscribe to the BS that insentience can do these things. I have NEVER seen that happen but perhaps you have and that accounts for your belief.
I do not subscribe to that which you accuse me of.

I have never seen a universe made by anything or anyone, have you?

I do not claim to know the nature or intelligence of whoever or whatever there out there, if anything.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I regard fiction and the BASELESS figment of your imagination as UNTRUE.
What figment is this? I don't know to what belief you are referring.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I know that you do not KNOW Him but I do.
You personally know god and/or JC? Now you really have my attettion.

Do you talk to each other?
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- It is not a matter of first come first chosen. I have been exposed to the teachings of both Judaism and Islam on this forum, have you? Are you convinced of anything? Why not, if not?
How do you know that if you didn't know another religion as well as your own, you wounldn't like it better, or the same?

I rejected Christianity as a young man.

I have no reason at this time to believe in or follow any particualer religion.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Ask an intelligent question and surprise me please. God-made comes from God while man-made comes from man.
Yes, this is self-explanatory.

The question was how can YOU distinguish one from the other?

For example, the scriptures? Who wrote them or inspired them? How do you know?
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- WRONG, you do have beliefs based on your own definition. Recall, "belief without proof". YOU believe things without being able to PROVE them. Do you hold a view as to how man came into existence? If yes, prove your belief.
What are my beliefs? I don't recall listing any.

Belief without proof is the definition of faith. You practice this, not me.

I can accept NOT knowing all this came to be.

It is you who needs to follow a made up religion that pretends to have the answers.
HughBe wrote:
Former---Do you think you are superior to a pig?
HughBe--- In every way. From intelligence to dick size.
Is dick size how you decide superiority?

Would your god agree with this?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
You are funny. On one hand you reject my practice as Judaism. On the other hand you claim you have been exposed to the teachings of Judaism on this forum.

Which one is it?

Today is Thursday and I am wearing green, if that aids your decision.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, I do not attach the word GOOD to bye as there is NOTHING good about it.
At the appropriate time I shall say bye to you but NEVER good-bye.
Good bye
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny. On one hand you reject my practice as Judaism. On the other hand you claim you have been exposed to the teachings of Judaism on this forum.
Which one is it?
uh-oh, you know what wearing green on Thursdays means!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one is it?
Scary that someone would make major life decisions based on information they received on this forum. If he was truly interested in The Truth (TM), he would do exhaustive research on ALL of the worlds major and minor religions, study theological arguments and writings from various theologians, as well as brush up on science and logic (which he is obviously lacking), and then make an informed decision. Sounds like emotion rather than thinking went into his decision.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-oh, you know what wearing green on Thursdays means!
For now I think I'll defer to Drake Baby Formula for that pronouncement.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Scary that someone would make major life decisions based on information they received on this forum. If he was truly interested in The Truth (TM), he would do exhaustive research on ALL of the worlds major and minor religions, study theological arguments and writings from various theologians, as well as brush up on science and logic (which he is obviously lacking), and then make an informed decision. Sounds like emotion rather than thinking went into his decision.
On the other hand, just think how warped his world view must be! It could be a lot of fun.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

To Hugbe with love

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

abreviated version
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
To Hugbe with love
Now he's going to start the "Does G-d Have a son" routine again. Note this early post on my part: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

and the correction following in post 4
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he's going to start the "Does G-d Have a son" routine again. Note this early post on my part: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
and the correction following in post 4
only if he knows the words
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

I see my judging fan is back.

Would you like some hot chocolate?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,761 - 40,780 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 50 min RoxLo 1,072,426
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Rentib 304,914
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 45,499
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr voice of peace 67,529
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 8 Cahoots 15
B & D Automotive in Newington, Connecticut Jul 7 Byron Phillips 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search