Family of East Hartford High Student Speaks

There are 10 comments on the WVIT-TV story from Jan 12, 2012, titled Family of East Hartford High Student Speaks. In it, WVIT-TV reports that:

The family of the 15-year-old East Hartford boy who died after an incident at the East Haven High School pool on Wednesday is in mourning and said they expected he would be safe at school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVIT-TV.

Very Sad

Glastonbury, CT

#1 Jan 13, 2012
I work at the school, but I have no facts so I would not say anything without having facts. I hope the family members will not go on camera and make accusations without any real facts. I also hope that if there is some kind of negligence or incompetence the admins aren't just figuring out how to cover their asses. Just do the right thing and tell the truth. That goes for the school and the family.
Defend peeps safety

New York, NY

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Very Sad wrote:
I work at the school, but I have no facts so I would not say anything without having facts. I hope the family members will not go on camera and make accusations without any real facts. I also hope that if there is some kind of negligence or incompetence the admins aren't just figuring out how to cover their asses. Just do the right thing and tell the truth. That goes for the school and the family.
. B

I so agree. It is tragic a freshman boy dies in a swimming pool who wanted to learn to swim. We actually learned how to swim in that very pool by teaching ourselves, remaining in the shallow end of the pool and doing a dog paddle until we finally learned to swim and stay afloat! That is an a very deep pool though at the deep end. Is not ten feet deep at the deep end?

Sounds like someone was negligent to me unless the boy who died did notinsist on swimming in the deep end. Typical of East Hartford lately though....lots of lazy negigemt public servants now work in this town who don't seem to give a toss about other's safety. Our condolences for the loss of your young son.
Defend peeps safety

New York, NY

#3 Jan 15, 2012
Why do you think they are trying to over up something though? Do you feel comfortable saying why you think that? Why did they tell the parents to meet him at the hospital?
you drown you tend to die quickly! Was the teenage boy still alive when he got to the hospital??
very sad

Glastonbury, CT

#4 Jan 15, 2012
I only think there *might* be an issue because there is so little information. In the news articles I have read it is repeated that the school personnel will not say anything and will not give much info even to the family. Students are also saying that they were told not to talk about it. Why so much secrecy? Just give the truth of what happened. It's not hard to just tell the truth.
Witness

Windsor, CT

#5 Sep 30, 2012
I thought the pool there was safe too but I learned differently ...secrecy is the mo of east hartford!!!!
Former Democrat

East Hartford, CT

#6 Oct 9, 2012
East Hartford is the most dangerous & corrupt town in the state of Connecticut now!

If you see algo life threatening, the cops surely won't do a darn thing about it, but neither will the State Police, even if a state law is being violated.

Start calling Fox news, channel 6, and go on watchdogct.com .

Maybe SOMEONE WILL FINALLY OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT all the dangerous incidents that occur in the town of East Hartford, Connecticut!
Former Democrat

East Hartford, CT

#7 Oct 9, 2012
Witness wrote:
I thought the pool there was safe too but I learned differently ...secrecy is the mo of east hartford!!!!
Witness,.did u see the accident happen??

And was it really an accident or was he intentionally shoved into the pool?

This state is not safe for 15 year olds, for sure!
Witness

Windsor, CT

#8 Oct 29, 2012
Wow are you ever right. I have known this for years but if talk about it you open yourself up to a retaliatory attack that's impossible to live through.
Former Democrat wrote:
East Hartford is the most dangerous & corrupt town in the state of Connecticut now!
If you see algo life threatening, the cops surely won't do a darn thing about it, but neither will the State Police, even if a state law is being violated.
Start calling Fox news, channel 6, and go on watchdogct.com .
Maybe SOMEONE WILL FINALLY OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT all the dangerous incidents that occur in the town of East Hartford, Connecticut!
VISITOR

East Hartford, CT

#9 Nov 11, 2012
oh the police in East Hartford just LOVE to put people's lives in jeopardy & completely violate one's basic civil rights!

Bullies with Badges-Applies much more to East Hartford, than East Haven.
Cops here abuse & are negligent of safety of ALL races here, not just Hispanics.

Mayor needs badly to establish an External, not internal Police Investigation Group.
Corruption w/Police is.simply Rampant in East Hartford.

Who was atty who's filed lawsuit against the town?
We know others having their life put at risk too in East Hartford on a daily basis!

The cops don't care either, don't give a toss.
VISITOR

East Hartford, CT

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Did you ever call 911 for help cuz someone was threatening you, & all the cops did was SCREAM at YOU AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS, and act like they'd have YOU arrested instead, though you were NOT breaking ANY laws, you were getting your life threatened?

WATCH OUT FOR CAUCASIAN POLICER OFFICER Sullivan!
Very unethical, dishonest & abusive!

Mayor LeClerc needs to Fire him! He could of caused several people's death with his actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min stanly kowalske 1,233,313
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min red and right 53,562
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 70,028
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 309,886
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Bam 19,928
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 19 hr hrichard91 37
News Pastor Shot Outside Connecticut Church While Pu... Mon BUSTER CRABBE 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]