Do you report neighbors for blantant ordinance violations (blight, noise, etc.)?

Created by RespectfulNeighbor on May 29, 2012

26 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Celia

East Hartford, CT

#1 Jun 1, 2012
I'm a lot less dismayed by something called "visual blight" than I am by something that consists of constant danger!
If you don't the way something looks, look the other way. There's so many people who break, not just ordinances, but simply laws on the books, both state, local & federal in the town of East Hartford, it's incredible!
AND even if you report the ordinances being broken, the town won't do anything about it. They just look the other way!
That's a large problem.
And as far as noise goes, people simply don't care how much noise they're making in our area. There was a woman who had her repairman start a horribly loud CHAINSAW of all things, on a Sunday morning, at 7 am, on Sept 11th, the 10th anniversary of 911!
And we were told to just "put up with it", or call the police by the repairman.
Don't use Accurate Tree Service. You could end up being fined.
That company had no right to start running CHAINSAWS on a Sunday morning at 7 am.
And I hear people screaming & swearing at people all the time off neighborhoods on Silver Lane, so obviously that's seems to be OK with the citizens of that area.
You don't have a right to swear & yell at someone, but there's TOO many citizens in that area, that think it's ok.
Calling the police does no good at all! They won't stick up for you, sadly enough. They'll stick up for the people who are harassing you instead. How sad this town has become.
Want Decent Nights Sleep

East Hartford, CT

#2 May 1, 2013
That same company, Accurate Tree Service started chain saws in East Hartford at 7:30 am on a cool Wednesday morning.
Considering how warm it's getting during the day many people want to leave their windows open at night so they do not have to turn in their Air Conditioning or their fans & save electricity!
If you work 2nd shift you're certainly not going to get a decent night's sleep if you have to live in East Hartford!
Want Decent Nights Sleep

East Hartford, CT

#3 May 3, 2013
Do not move to Sunset Estates if you want a decent night's sleep from spring-fall.
Too many really cruel, inconsiderate residents there who think it's their "right" to violate the town's noise ordinances & wake people up very early w/extremely LOUD power equipment.
That is one nasty & unsafe neighborhood to live in, definitely not safe or "desireable"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE DEVIL 1,173,022
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min TATlover 50,354
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min JOEL 71,541
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ChickBrilliance 307,962
Review: 100 Percent Martial Arts 10 hr davidvalvas 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Wishing everyone a safe place and wellness duri... Mon Christy 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:10 pm PST