Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1348984 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

busy orlando

Greeley, CO

#1194033 Aug 29, 2014
OBAMA’S GRAND STRATEGY

Obama on ISIS:““I don't want to put the cart before the horse: we don't have a strategy yet. Well, actually we do. It’s the same one I’ve had since I became President:‘Mo’ free sh*t’. Nothing has changed. I’ve driven our bankrupt nation to the brink. We’re $17 trillion in debt and no end in sight. So let’s drive that cart into the hood and unload mo’ free stuff for my peeps. That’s what you voted for and that’s what I’ll deliver. As for all those foreigners and complicated defense, economics and all that? I haven’t got a clue. I’ve only ever been a community organizer. You knew that when you put me in office. Just WTF do you think they do anyway? They go around begging & threatening folks for mo’ free sh*t, that’s what! Hello?”
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1194034 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can convince me that China and India give a flying fig about anything that comes out of Obama's mouth - since they are the two biggest contributors to pollution - then you can defend him wanting to punish US by raising our taxes.
And unless Obama can push back the waters by decreeing it to be because he speaks it into being, there isn't much any of us can do about nature and what it's going to do all by itself.
That's why you liberals are much too clueless. You think you can control the actions of others and even nature by defending a president who is clearly out of touch with reality.
Can't get much more clueless than that.
Idiot speak! China is already paying a high price for neglecting it's air and water quality__India will follow__perhaps.

The US and others are simply leading by example__it has little if anything to do with Obama.

You're a moron.
WAKE UP VOTERS

Carthage, NC

#1194035 Aug 29, 2014
Over the weekend social media sites exploded with outrage over reports that the Islamic militant group ISIS was beheading Christian children in Iraq. The news is horrific and disturbing — but is it true?

The source of the claim comes from Mark Arabo in an interview with CNN. Arabo says that ISIS is “systematically beheading children” and that “there is a park in Mosul in which heads of beheaded children are put on a stick.”

Arabo is businessman in San Diego, California who is described as a “spokesperson for the Iraqi Chaldean community in San Diego County.” Arabo has been instrumental in promoting House Resolution 663, a resolution that expresses an “urgent need to protect religious minorities from persecution.” While he is a passionate spokesman for Iraqi Chaldeans and obviously sincere in his convictions, there is reason to question whether his claim about beheaded children is true.

There is no doubt that ISIS is persecuting the Christians in Mosul and other areas of Iraq. But almost all have already fled the city and the few that remain are continuing to leave the area. There are, however, journalists from Iraq and Western news agencies still in the city. Why have none of them taken photographs of these atrocities, or even reported on their occurrence? Why have such stories not been reported by the Christians who have fled to the cities controlled by the Kurds?

If Arabo was able to get news of such atrocities in San Diego, why has no one else heard stories of this ongoing tragedy?

Fueling the speculation has been websites, like Catholic Online, that purport to have pictures of children beheaded by ISIS.(The images on the site are extremely graphic and disturbing. I’d advise not looking at them.) Catholic Online, which is not officially connected to the Catholic Church, has only one picture that could be of a beheaded child. But there is no way to know whether it is real or whether it occurred in Iraq. There is no source or context for the photos and the story is credited to “News Consortium.”

One of the pictures that Catholic Online includes — and that has become ubiquitous on social media — shows a baby with three rifles pointed at his head (see image above). While the image is outrageous, it was not a photo taken of ISIS in northern Iraq.

The photo originally appeared online April 11, 2014 on the Facebook page of a person from Yemen. Numerous people on that page attest that the clothes the child is wearing are obviously Yemeni. A few days later, though, the image started popping up on pro-Syrian Army websites claiming that it was an Armenian child who was taken by Syrian rebels. Whatever the original context for the photo, we know based on the date alone that it was not recently taken in Mosul or northern Iraq.

While it is possible that children are being beheaded by ISIS in Iraq, there is currently no credible evidence to support that claim. We should pray this report turn out to be just rumor and that whatever other crimes are being committed, that God is sparing the children of Iraq from “systematic beheading.”

As Christians, we have a duty to champion the truth. We should avoid spreading unsubstantiated claims and inflaming dread and panic by playing on people’s natural disgust of harm to children. ISIS is an organization that has committed heinous acts of violence and violated the human rights of many of our fellow believers. But we must not partake in the spreading of lies, even if it is against our enemies.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194036 Aug 29, 2014
Those evil republicans and there war on va j j's....

'Franken says he regrets traffic-cone video; voters can look to his record'

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/...
WAKE UP VOTERS

Carthage, NC

#1194037 Aug 29, 2014

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1194039 Aug 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816
If you posted the entire quote, you would have known Jefferson was referring to institutionalized religion, i.e. priests.

This quote is much more prophetic when it comes to progressive liberals today.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
~Thomas Jefferson, speech to Virginia House of Delegates, November, 1776

So tell that to your other liberal pals and Realtime. What people choose to believe takes no skin of yours or anyone else's nose. Unless they believe in beheading you.

So please stop trying to silence the freedom to express one's religious beliefs.

Jefferson assumed we'd never become so barbaric as to kill human life out of a selfish convenience. So don't go there. Killing human life was wrong then and still wrong today.

Liberals have just become more tolerant of barbarism and selfishness.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1194040 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, it has been made clear that Assad has supported the rise of these islamists in Syria. many accounts of his forces leaving them alone...they can only foster infighting amongst the true syrians fighting against him and he now certainly doesn't look like the worst guy on the block...
you should pay attention to what is actually happening in the world...
'why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..

why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?'

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1194041 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, it has been made clear that Assad has supported the rise of these islamists in Syria. many accounts of his forces leaving them alone...they can only foster infighting amongst the true syrians fighting against him and he now certainly doesn't look like the worst guy on the block...
you should pay attention to what is actually happening in the world...
only liberals and communists use the word 'true' to perpetrate a lie. It is a propaganda use for 'original politics'.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1194042 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>calling Jefferson's words mindless gibberish? you have better?
the hubris of some idiots fascinates me...
Fk off loser! Sonic got it__Incognito got it__others got it.

Keep working that hind tit.

Go back to your other twenty three threads and take your right wing fan club along with you

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1194043 Aug 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Gee....
"Here's my strategy on the cold war: We win, they lose"
Ronald Reagan
https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/50514199418...
mindless soundbytes seem to be all you have, huh?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1194044 Aug 29, 2014
WAKE UP VOTERS wrote:
Over the weekend social media sites exploded with outrage over reports that the Islamic militant group ISIS was beheading Christian children in Iraq. The news is horrific and disturbing — but is it true?
The source of the claim comes from Mark Arabo in an interview with CNN. Arabo says that ISIS is “systematically beheading children” and that “there is a park in Mosul in which heads of beheaded children are put on a stick.”
Arabo is businessman in San Diego, California who is described as a “spokesperson for the Iraqi Chaldean community in San Diego County.” Arabo has been instrumental in promoting House Resolution 663, a resolution that expresses an “urgent need to protect religious minorities from persecution.” While he is a passionate spokesman for Iraqi Chaldeans and obviously sincere in his convictions, there is reason to question whether his claim about beheaded children is true.
There is no doubt that ISIS is persecuting the Christians in Mosul and other areas of Iraq. But almost all have already fled the city and the few that remain are continuing to leave the area. There are, however, journalists from Iraq and Western news agencies still in the city. Why have none of them taken photographs of these atrocities, or even reported on their occurrence? Why have such stories not been reported by the Christians who have fled to the cities controlled by the Kurds?
If Arabo was able to get news of such atrocities in San Diego, why has no one else heard stories of this ongoing tragedy?
Fueling the speculation has been websites, like Catholic Online, that purport to have pictures of children beheaded by ISIS.(The images on the site are extremely graphic and disturbing. I’d advise not looking at them.) Catholic Online, which is not officially connected to the Catholic Church, has only one picture that could be of a beheaded child. But there is no way to know whether it is real or whether it occurred in Iraq. There is no source or context for the photos and the story is credited to “News Consortium.”
One of the pictures that Catholic Online includes — and that has become ubiquitous on social media — shows a baby with three rifles pointed at his head (see image above). While the image is outrageous, it was not a photo taken of ISIS in northern Iraq.
The photo originally appeared online April 11, 2014 on the Facebook page of a person from Yemen. Numerous people on that page attest that the clothes the child is wearing are obviously Yemeni. A few days later, though, the image started popping up on pro-Syrian Army websites claiming that it was an Armenian child who was taken by Syrian rebels. Whatever the original context for the photo, we know based on the date alone that it was not recently taken in Mosul or northern Iraq.
While it is possible that children are being beheaded by ISIS in Iraq, there is currently no credible evidence to support that claim. We should pray this report turn out to be just rumor and that whatever other crimes are being committed, that God is sparing the children of Iraq from “systematic beheading.”
As Christians, we have a duty to champion the truth. We should avoid spreading unsubstantiated claims and inflaming dread and panic by playing on people’s natural disgust of harm to children. ISIS is an organization that has committed heinous acts of violence and violated the human rights of many of our fellow believers. But we must not partake in the spreading of lies, even if it is against our enemies.
Blah blah blah, Islam propaganda-Stop it.
carmino seranni

Scranton, PA

#1194045 Aug 29, 2014
Hi! I might start using my real name on topix to see if I get posted and/or if I am still
censored...I only get on space alien web sites, so that should not be too bad. I read on topix
where someone said about 10 special operations army guys are quitting the army every day,
because they are afraid President Obama is going to get them killed! My words: "The jihadist
soldiers are not afraid of being killed...they believe they are going to Heaven for killing
infidels!" The web sites I get on are saying there is going to be world peace and prosperity! That
is coming from the space alien web sites! I am going to post this comment to see if it gets
posted...Love, carmino seranni

Minnesota's North Coast

#1194046 Aug 29, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Putin must be so excited that the Americans elected this idiot twice-how did he get so lucky? I have followed Putin's statements and actions for years--no one can say he is not a leader. The propaganda is worse in this country than Russia ever thought about putting out there. The problem is we know O'bama and his minions lie, repeat, lie and repeat again.
if you really had followed Putin's statements and actions for years you would have cried bullshit on this post...

i am crying bulllshit for your post, as i usually do...

Orlando, FL

#1194047 Aug 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Proven?
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new Public Policy Polling nationwide survey.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/320...

But that was in 2010.

More recently in January 2014:

35% of Americans say they trust Fox News more than any other TV news outlet, followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/...

You and sonic might have to stop considering Comedy Central as a news outlet.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1194048 Aug 29, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>only liberals and communists use the word 'true' to perpetrate a lie. It is a propaganda use for 'original politics'.
so nothing to deal with the issue? as usual...

you have absolutely no idea what is happening in Syria, or even in your own nation, fool...
Boca Loca

Palm Coast, FL

#1194049 Aug 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What did they say about the tan suit? I thought he looked great in it.
You think everything looks better through the bottom of your vodka bottle, but especially your lord & master, Barry Soetoro.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1194050 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Now there's three mysterious holes in Siberia.
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php...
Just saying...all three holes don't look anything like a massive explosion from under the earth's surface. They're almost perfectly round with no "severe burning" around the rim ruling out a meteoric impact. The gas explosion theory is the only thing scientists have left other than a UFO intrusion. Seems to me a gas explosion wouldn't leave such a neatly rounded carved out hole.
Could they be Magic Negro divots?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1194051 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you posted the entire quote, you would have known Jefferson was referring to institutionalized religion, i.e. priests.
This quote is much more prophetic when it comes to progressive liberals today.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
~Thomas Jefferson, speech to Virginia House of Delegates, November, 1776
So tell that to your other liberal pals and Realtime. What people choose to believe takes no skin of yours or anyone else's nose. Unless they believe in beheading you.
So please stop trying to silence the freedom to express one's religious beliefs.
Jefferson assumed we'd never become so barbaric as to kill human life out of a selfish convenience. So don't go there. Killing human life was wrong then and still wrong today.
Liberals have just become more tolerant of barbarism and selfishness.
Unintelligible proposition!

Orlando, FL

#1194052 Aug 29, 2014
busy orlando wrote:
OBAMA’S GRAND STRATEGY
Obama on ISIS:““I don't want to put the cart before the horse: we don't have a strategy yet. Well, actually we do. It’s the same one I’ve had since I became President:‘Mo’ free sh*t’. Nothing has changed. I’ve driven our bankrupt nation to the brink. We’re $17 trillion in debt and no end in sight. So let’s drive that cart into the hood and unload mo’ free stuff for my peeps. That’s what you voted for and that’s what I’ll deliver. As for all those foreigners and complicated defense, economics and all that? I haven’t got a clue. I’ve only ever been a community organizer. You knew that when you put me in office. Just WTF do you think they do anyway? They go around begging & threatening folks for mo’ free sh*t, that’s what! Hello?”
Would be willing to risk big money Obama is thinking those exact words. Pretty sure he was more surprised than anyone he won again. Seriously. He hinted at wanting to be a one-term president.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1194053 Aug 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What did they say about the tan suit? I thought he looked great in it.
yes, perfect attire for a semi-formal summer party.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 57,336
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Kathwynn 310,662
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 11 Carl 72,024
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Feb 10 Sam 70,207
News Rabid raccoon bites Bridgeport man Feb 9 BPT 1
News Teacher's Aide At Berlin High Arrested (May '07) Feb 7 Never 7
News Dr. Reardon's Depravity (Dec '07) Feb 7 I hate Haig Shahv... 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages