Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457903 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1162811 Jul 8, 2014
SPACEFLIGHT
Startup successfully tests space tourism balloon, service set to lift off in 2016
Digital Trends
By Trevor MoggPublished June 26, 2014Facebook23 Twitter78 livefyre5
WorldView1.jpg
WorldView
If Virgin Galactic’s $250,000 asking price for a ride aboard SpaceShipTwo to the edge of space is a little on the steep side, perhaps you can scrabble together the $75,000 required for a balloon-based experience also offering a view of Earth from up high.

Arizona-based World View Enterprises, a startup born out of the Paragon Space Development Corporation, announced this week the successful completion of a high-altitude test flight of a stratospheric balloon and capsule based on a final design being prepped for commercial service in 2016.

“We couldn’t be any more excited about the results from this test flight,” World View CEO Jane Pointer said this week, adding that it represents “a foundational achievement that moves us one step closer to offering a life-changing experience” for its future passengers.

The five-hour test flight, which launched from Roswell, New Mexico, involved taking the massive helium balloon and capsule to an altitude of 120,000 feet – about the height from which Austrian extreme skydiver Felix Baumgartner jumped in 2012.

Once the team was satisfied with its performance at that altitude, the test vehicle was brought down to 50,000 feet, at which point it deployed a parafoil to bring it gently back to terra firma.

The plan is to offer regular folk – or regular folk with $75,000 to spare – a “peaceful” flight to the edge of space “for a two-hour sailing-like experience,” World View explains on its website. In contrast, SpaceShipTwo fliers would only experience suborbital conditions for several minutes.

Those aboard World View’s eight-person capsule (two crew and six passengers) will be able to “marvel at the beauty of the Earth below and watch the sun slowly rise above the curvature of our planet suspended in a vast, black and infinite universe,” according to the startup.

It also plans to attract educators, researchers, private companies and government agencies interested in making use of the near-space environment.

While Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo is designed to take passengers more than 65 miles above the Earth’s surface – compared to 23 miles with World View’s service – the longer, and more serene experience (not to mention the more attractive price tag) may well persuade some space enthusiasts with money in the bank to opt for the startup’s experience.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1162812 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, those women just can't set priorities for their money......or control their animal desire for sex....
probably the most sexist post in history....
from a complete fool.....
I'm overwhelmed by the irony.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1162813 Jul 8, 2014
This will be remembered as Obama'sDarkPASSAGE.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1162814 Jul 8, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Studies have shown that if you watch Fox News right before going to bed you will wake up dumber the next day. It actually causes brain cells to die while you are sleeping.
It does however cure foot fungus.
Studies?

Oh!.....you mean those studies done by Eric Racist Holder's DOJ, the IRS's Lois Lerner and Magic Negro's FCC Fairness Doctrine studies!!!

BTW, how many States are in the United States?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1162815 Jul 8, 2014
Optics...

"Colorado's 3 top Democrats to miss Obama event at Cheesman Park"

http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_2610416...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1162816 Jul 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
GM now has how many tens of millions of recalls for vehicles across the entire globe?
How many have died?
And then there's the case of a woman who was convicted of vehicular homicide and has been in prison for ten years now because the jury didn't believe her story that the vehicle would not respond to her attempts to control it - the defective ignition switch.
Let's see now..... to Liberal Magic Negro Apologists, jobs are more important than lives.
As long as its not YOUR life.
You sound like you want to shut down the cigarette industry. You Commie!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1162817 Jul 8, 2014
TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH
Immigration crisis: Tuberculosis spreading at camps
Todd Starnes
By Todd StarnesPublished July 07, 2014FoxNews.com
Are the thousands of illegal immigrant kids housed in detention facilities happy and well fed -- or are they living in disease-infested compounds shrouded in secrecy?

Well, it depends on who you ask.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) seems to think the children coming across the southern border are remarkably healthy. It's a sentiment shared by BCFS -- the Texas-based agency formerly known as Baptist Child & Family Services contracted to run camps at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio and Fort Sill in Oklahoma.

My source said there are children showing classic tuberculosis symptoms -- spitting up blood, a constant cough and chest pain.
More than 7,000 children have been processed through the two camps, according to a BCFS official. They allege that only 119 children have been treated for lice, 22 for scabies, and one for the H1N1 Flu. BCFS says the most common illnesses seen at Lackland are fever, headache, upper respiratory cold and ingrown toenails.

However, at least a half dozen anonymous sources, including nurses and health care providers who worked at Lackland, allege that the government is covering up what they believe to be a very serious health threat.

Several of my sources tell me that tuberculosis has become a dangerous issue at both the border and the camps.

"The amount of tuberculosis is astonishing," one health care provider told me. "The nurses are telling us the kids are really sick. The tuberculosis is definitely there."

Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner David Lakey, M.D. says state health officials have seen only three cases of tuberculosis, the Associated Press reports. One of my sources with close ties to the Texas HHS tells me all three cases were reported in Austin.

However, nurses at Lackland in San Antonio, said they know of at least four teenagers in their camp who have tuberculosis.

"The nurses are telling us the kids are really sick," the source told me. "The tuberculosis is definitely there."

My source said there are children showing classic tuberculosis symptoms -- spitting up blood, a constant cough and chest pain.

BCFS officials deny that any child at Lackland has been diagnosed with TB and the state health commissoner downplayed the health threat. While confirming their had been three cases of TB, Lakey said it was not unusual, the Associated Press reported.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1162818 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, those women just can't set priorities for their money......or control their animal desire for sex....
probably the most sexist post in history....
from a complete fool.....
From simple minds come simple solutions.

BTW isn't sex, by nature, an animalistic desire?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1162819 Jul 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
GM now has how many tens of millions of recalls for vehicles across the entire globe?
How many have died?
And then there's the case of a woman who was convicted of vehicular homicide and has been in prison for ten years now because the jury didn't believe her story that the vehicle would not respond to her attempts to control it - the defective ignition switch.
Let's see now..... to Liberal Magic Negro Apologists, jobs are more important than lives.
As long as its not YOUR life.
You probably want to take everyone's guns away too. You anti-American scum.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1162820 Jul 8, 2014
BCFS officials deny that any child at Lackland has been diagnosed with TB and the state health commissoner downplayed the health threat. While confirming their had been three cases of TB, Lakey said it was not unusual, the Associated Press reported.
Dr. Marc Siegel, a professor of medicine at New York University's Langone Medical Center and a Fox News A Team medical contributor, said tuberculosis appears to be spreading through several counties in southern Texas. He told me that some counties are reporting twice the usual average number of cases.
"Some of the tuberculosis that comes from Central America is drug resistant," he told me. "It's not easier to spread but it is harder to treat. I'm concerned about that."
And while, TB is not that easy to spread, he warned that all those children living in close quarters could be a ticking time bomb.
"It is a disease that needs to be carefully monitored and screened for -- something that is not possible under the current circumstances," Siegel said.
HHS released a statement neither confirming nor denying what the nurses are telling me: "When unaccompanied children come into the Department of Health and Human Services program, they are given a well-child exam and given all needed childhood vaccinations to protect against communicable diseases,” the statement read.“They are also screened for tuberculosis, and receive a mental health exam. If children are determined to have any communicable disease or have been exposed to a communicable disease, they are placed in a program or facility that has the capacity to quarantine."
This is the same HHS that previously denied there were any cases of scabies. They make it sound as if there are very few health problems among the illegals. They even downplay the lice epidemic -- just 119 “officially confirmed” cases.
“They are lying,” one nurse told me.“We treated that many kids with lice on a given day. We would put 20 kids in front of us – 10 in each row. You could see the bugs crawling through their hair.”
Another former staff member told me it was like working in a giant emergency room.
“They had children in the infirmary that had been there several days,” the former staffer told me.“You were on your feet nonstop. They had chicken pox, measles, and there was a concern strep was spreading.”
BCFS denied any of the children had the measles. They said public health authorities “have inspected our facility and had access to freely converse with our medical staff and children.”
Health care providers tell me the Lackland facility is like a giant orphanage. And while lice and scabies abound -- they warn that the bigger problem lurking is tuberculosis.
"Lice and scabies are fixable," a nurse said. "TB is the real problem here."
It's impossible to know the full extent of the communicable diseases that have come and are coming across the border. Nurses and other care givers tell me they've been told to keep their mouths shut. Those caught divulging information are subject to immediate dismissal -- and all my sources said they were told they could also be arrested.
BCFS won't even allow random inspections of their facilities by the media or members of Congress.
Oklahoma Rep. Jim Bridenstein was denied access last week to the HHS facility at Fort Sill – another facility run by BCFS.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1162821 Jul 8, 2014
“There is no excuse for denying a federal representative from Oklahoma access to a federal facility in Oklahoma where unaccompanied children are being held,” the congressman said in a statement.
Bridenstein said he was told that unannounced visitors are not allowed – even if they are elected officials – and that he would have to make an appointment to visit the facility.
“What are they trying to hide?” he asked.“Do they not want the children to speak with members of Congress?”
He was told to come back for a pre-arranged and heavily scripted dog-and-pony-show tours -- but those events were fact-free fact-finding missions. I’d say the congressman has a better chance of getting into GITMO.
BCFS blames HHS for the shroud of secrecy. Sources within the organization tell me they’ve been ordered not to talk to the media and not to let anyone inside the camps.
In spite of everything my sources are telling, a BCFS representative describes the facility at Lackland as a place where children are happy, well-fed and engaged in daily activities.
Meanwhile, several San Antonio pastors who dropped by unannounced at the Lackland camp, have shared with me a rather unsettling discovery. The ministers told me the facility was under heavy guard from security personnel.
To be honest, we have no idea what's going on at that fenced facility but I have a feeling it's not good.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1162822 Jul 8, 2014
Obumbles The Zero wrote:
<quoted text>Chances are that the illegals will first spread illnesses to the poorer areas, so maybe they'll be fewer poor American citizens by the time Obammy is done "redistributing" the diseased illegals all across America. I'm betting Moochelle won't be hosting any illegal kids this summer at her next expensive luxury vacation--No fresh air for you!!! Next in line.
transport all the illegals to Hawaii and let the rich liberals take care of them.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1162823 Jul 8, 2014
flack wrote:
Ancient landscape
An examination of the two cores one from the large lake, Laguna Oricore, and one from the smaller lake, Laguna Granja revealed a surprise: The very oldest sediments didn't come from a rainforest ecosystem at all. In fact, the Bolivian Amazon before about 2,000 to 3,000 years ago looked more like the savannas of Africa than today's jungle environment.
The question had been whether the early Amazon was highly deforested or barely touched, Carson said.
"The surprising thing we found was that it was neither," he told Live Science. "It was this third scenario where, when people first arrived on the landscape, the climate was drier."
The pollen in this time period came mostly from grasses and a few drought-resistant species of trees. After about 2,000 years ago, more and more tree pollen appears in the samples, including fewer drought-resistant species and more evergreens, the researchers report today (July 7) in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Charcoal levels also went down, indicating a less-fire-prone landscape. These changes were largely driven by an increase in precipitation, Carson said.
The earthworks predate this shift, which reveals that the diggers of these ditches created them before the forest moved in around them. They continued to live in the area as it became forested, probably keeping clear regions around their structures, Carson said.
"It kind of makes sense," he said. "It's easier to stomp on a sapling than it is to cut down a big Amazonian tree with a stone ax." [Gallery: Biodiversity of the Amazon (Photos)]
Questions answered
The discovery that the human activity came before the forest answers some questions, like how Amazonian people could have built in the rainforest with no more than stone tools (they didn't have to), how many people would have been necessary to construct the structures (fewer than if clear-cutting had been required), and how the population survived (by growing maize).
The study also has wider implications for the modern day, Carson said. The question of how to preserve the Amazonian rainforest is difficult to answer; some people say humans need to get out, and others believe people and the forest can coexist. Ancient history could provide a guide, as well as a greater understanding of how the forest has recovered from earlier perturbations.(The Amazon also drives climate as well as responds to it, thanks to its ability to take up carbon from the atmosphere.)
The new study suggests that the modern forest is a coproduction between humans and nature, Carson said. Natural cycles drove the rainforest to sprout, but humans stayed on-site for 1,500 years afterward, he said.
"It's very likely, in fact, that people had some kind of effect on the composition of the forest," Carson said. "People might favor edible species, growing in orchards and things like that,[or] altered the soils, changing the soil chemistry and composition, which can have a longer-lasting legacy effect."
Those long-range changes are next for Carson and his colleagues to investigate. "This kind of study has only just started in Amazonia," Carson said.
Bah, the Earth is only 4-5 thousand years old, maybe 10 at the most, there was not time of all this, next you'll be talking about evolution - Creationist rightwing Homer

Lapeer, MI

#1162824 Jul 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean you're for confiscating guns because of the "death and misery" they cause?
Try to think about the logic of your dumbass posts before hitting the send button.
Huh?

I'm all for confiscating defective guns manufactured and sold by lying bas turds who knew full well they were defective even before they put them together.

I'm also all for firing the jerk that financed the crooked gun company in the first place.

Try to think about the logic of your dumbass posts before hitting the send button.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1162825 Jul 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Obama holds off on deportation changes, seeks $3.7B to address border crisis
the more money spent on housing Obama's (and Carol's) children, the more children will come....

Lapeer, MI

#1162826 Jul 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a 'climatologist'?
How long has this 'science' been around?
Where are the MAJORITY of these climatologist employed?
Where are the MAJORITY of these climatologist employed?

In Liberal politics.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1162827 Jul 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, Obama saved the part of the worldwide auto industry that employs Americans.
Obama saved the UAW pension fund, not the auto industry.....

most "foreign" cars sold in the US are assembled in the US and are just as American as the crummy cars built by Government Motors.....

meanwhile, GM is the bottom of the barrel on product quality....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1162828 Jul 8, 2014
Finally, an instance where Democrats are all about saving tax dollars...

'Democrats Feign Outrage Over the Cost of Investigating Obama’s Scandals'

http://www.jammiewf.com/2014/democrats-feign-...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1162829 Jul 8, 2014
EUROPE
Holder: Threat from Syria endangers Europe, US
Published July 08, 2014Associated Press

Attorney General Eric Holder called on European nations Tuesday to deal more aggressively with the threat posed by the thousands of Westerners who have traveled to Syria to join the fighting there.

In a speech for Norwegian diplomats in Oslo, Holder encouraged European countries to pass laws that make it illegal to prepare for or plan an act of terrorism; to conduct undercover operations against citizens planning to visit Syria; to share information and data with the U.S. and other countries about foreign fighters; and to develop programs to counter radical extremism.

"This is a global crisis in need of a global solution. The Syrian conflict has turned that region into a cradle of violent extremism," Holder said in his speech, according to a copy of his prepared remarks. "But the world cannot simply sit back and let it become a training ground from which our nationals can return and launch attacks. And we will not."

The speech comes amid growing concerns about citizens from the United States and Europe who are traveling to Syria to join the fight against the Syrian government. U.S. officials fear those individuals, who are able to travel without visas between the United States and Europe, could easily return home radicalized and apply terrorist training received while in Syria. In May, a 22-year-old man from Florida carried out a suicide bombing mission in Syria. Intelligence officials believe there are roughly 7,000 foreign fighters in Syria, including dozens of Americans, the attorney general said.

The speech reflects the belief among U.S. officials that the threat posed by the fighting in Syria is spread among the United States and Europe.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson recently ordered the Transportation Security Administration to call for extra security measures at some international airports with direct flights to the United States.

As part of his four-part plan, Holder called on European countries to adopt statutes similar to one in the United States -- and, more recently, in France and Norway -- that make it illegal to provide support for terrorists or to plan acts of terrorism. He also said European law enforcement should follow the lead of the FBI in designing undercover operations to catch individuals before they depart for Syria.

Holder was discussing the situation in Syria in meetings this week with government officials in Norway, including Prime Minister Erna Solberg. He was also expected to talk about it during meetings in London later this week.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1162830 Jul 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard Choices refers to her selections of gigolos when abroad.
doubt it...

Hillary plays for the other team....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr coon dogs 20,695
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Moans6157 62,300
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr silly rabbit 312,664
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) 20 hr Squach 1,168
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 hr Ize Found 71,230
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Dec 1 Trying to be hopeful 36
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Nov 29 Madmom 70

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages