Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460367 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1120958 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't know FASHION&STYLE was right wing (whatever that is?).
The two things that people would never confuse you and the baggers with is fashion and style.

“41 Days”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1120959 Apr 18, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now they'll all balk and not realize this comes from the American Conservative!
Good article.
I just figured out what would really confuse you and Sonic. Start a website saying "We Progressives" and post articles that are at times critical of Obama.

What would you do? They say they are Progressives.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1120960 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
How Many Presidents Have Been Divorced?
Stuart Fox, Life's Little Mysteries Staff Writer | June 18, 2010 02:52pm ET
Submit
Reddit
Lifeslittle
Despite many public and presumably even more numerous private instances of infidelity, presidential marriages have remained remarkably stable throughout history. America has only had one divorcee president, but two widower presidents moved on to second wives while in office. And one president never got married at all.
Ronald Reagan was the only president who ever divorced his wife. But he left that first marriage so early in life, and moved on to such a stable and functional second marriage, that the voters didn't care, said Michael Nelson, a professor of political science at Rhodes College and coauthor of The American Presidency: Origins and Development, 17762007 (CQ Press, 2007). Some presidents, like Franklin Roosevelt, faced the possibility of divorce after their wife discovered an affair , but kept the marriage together for the sake of their political career, Nelson said.
A president, or someone who wants to be president, has every reason to do whatever it takes to keep his wife from divorcing him, Nelson told Life's Little Mysteries. The political price of divorce, where he was the guilty party, even today, would be significant.
The Clintons displayed the political power of avoiding divorce, Nelson said. Had Hillary Clinton not stood by her husband after the public learned of his affair with Monica Lewinsky, President Clinton would have likely faced removal from office or forced resignation, Nelson said.
However, that does not mean that every president has remained in the same marriage throughout their lives. John Tyler and Woodrow Wilson both lost their wives during their presidency, and remarried during their term, Nelson said.
Only one president, James Buchanan, remained a bachelor for his entire life, Nelson said. But he had a good reason for not marrying.
James Buchanan was unmarried at the time he was in office, and is widely thought of to have been what we would today call gay, Nelson said.
So,Obama the first 'black' president may also be the first divorced president during or after office. Interesting. Must be the Chicago way!
"Reagan moved onto a more stable and functional marriage" Bwwaaahaaa! Their children hated her! He rejected his children for Nancy. Functional?
The Obama's are not getting divorced; you are a victim of the typical righwinger who passes around dirt after dirt every single day to the point where you believe it. You salivate at any hint of scandal; tingling with joy at the possible misfortune of others. You're sick in the head.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1120961 Apr 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still nothing at all? just tell me which of my facts are confusing you....
and you even run from this...pathetic..
even when i chase you down you run from your own words...don't you ever tire of making an ass of yourself?
Facts to a con are like kryptonite to superman. They render them powerless which makes them either lash out with personal attacks or change the subject. Pathetic.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1120962 Apr 18, 2014
the “Tom Joyner Show” on Wednesday, Rev. Al Sharpton spoke about the meaning of Easter:
“I think that the message is, no matter what the world may do to you unfairly, no matter how your crucified, nailed to the cross at home, or in your personal relationships, or on the job that you can rise if you don’t lose yourself during the hard times and the challenges.
The story of Jesus on the cross. No matter what they humiliated him with. No matter how they mocked him he took it, because he knew he could rise. And the story of Easter and my message for this Easter session is no matter what unearned suffering you go through, that if you know you can rise above it, don’t become like the diseases that you fight.
As I looked at President Obama at our convention last Friday where all he took he’s been able to rise politically again.. I’m not comparing him to Jesus, but I am saying that to every crucifixion there is a resurrection for those who believe…”
Wow. Is something wrong with this, or is it just me?
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1120963 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Waxhead, how goes it in your perverted psychotic world?
Dumb Bumpass Pervert Gay Ghost in a '47 jalopy banned from Red Lobster and groveling at the soiled feet of drunken racist lily, while wearing her dirty slingbacks... how gross...LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1120964 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The two things that people would never confuse you and the baggers with is fashion and style.
LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1120965 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't know FASHION&STYLE was right wing (whatever that is?).
you posted it, didn't you? pretty sure you're right wing crazy desperate.

and trying to get site hits from crazy stuff with unverified sources would leave one to believe that FASHION&STYLE must be owned by News Corp.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1120966 Apr 18, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Living is tough, dying is easy"
---- Zorba The Greek
DumbDave is taking the easy coward's course as a Liberal.
I'll take the tough course with all of the slings and arrows.....and racist put-downs because I wear the Truth and proudly.
You mean you wear your racism proudly.

“41 Days”

Location hidden

#1120967 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Exhibit "A" on communicating with the very "STUPID".
Exhibit A was your post. You sound like an idiot reporter on Tweeter who also made an inane tweet (I thought you had copied his) similar to yours than couldn't figure out why it just brought mockery

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1120968 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
They are reporting your hero from acdc is dying of AIDS.
;-(
You're a moran!!!

AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young is suffering from dementia and will likely never play again, the Sydney Morning Herald is reporting.

Reports hinted that the heavy metal legends had planned to retire after learning the truth, but they said in a statement they planned to carry on.

“That is true, Malcolm is sick,” friend Mark Gable told Australian public radio on Wednesday.“From what I understand, and it’s even been confirmed in part by his son Ross (Young), that it would appear Malcolm is unable to perform anymore.

“It’s not just that he is unwell, it’s that it is quite serious. It will constitute that he definitely won’t be able to perform live. He will probably not be able to record.”

Gable said it is unlikely the 61-year-old guitarist will ever play live again.

A family member told the Herald that while the diagnosis remained foggy, Young’s condition had deteriorated to the point where his loved ones were looking into full-time respite care.

The Herald reported that Young is having difficulty “remembering familiar faces” and is having increasing problems communicating.

“His memory loss is so bad it is consistent with Alzheimer’s or dementia although we do not know that is what it is,” the source told the Herald.“There has been talk about cancer too.”

As for AC/DC calling it quits, the source called retirement talk “pure speculation.” Yet music industry insiders say Young’s brother Angus — who helped him co-found the band in 1973 — believes “Malcolm is the band” and could be irreplaceable.

And there is a precedent for AC/DC replacing ailing — or dead — members. Brian Johnson replaced the band’s beloved frontman, Bon Scott, after the latter’s booze-fuelled death in 1980.

And when Malcolm Young was previously ill, his nephew Stevie replaced him on tour and hardly anyone noticed, the Herald reports.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1120969 Apr 18, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fching joke. FACT: MILLIONS die from drowning. Does that prove ocean levels have risen to dangerous levels?
Yes and we know that the earth is flat..
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1120970 Apr 18, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
They are reporting your hero from acdc is dying of AIDS.
;-(
He just learned how to copy and past but not edit. Pathetic.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120971 Apr 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it up to a right whiner to kill honey bees.
Highly toxic to bees.
I wish someone had an answer to your addiction to a GMO Obama bin Lyin killing people and honey bee's you idiot..

Throwing money at your addiction to idiot would be like throwing crack at an addict you moron, telling him to go away, yet you dumbassdave still come back for more...

It's the culture....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1120972 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
the “Tom Joyner Show” on Wednesday, Rev. Al Sharpton spoke about the meaning of Easter:
“I think that the message is, no matter what the world may do to you unfairly, no matter how your crucified, nailed to the cross at home, or in your personal relationships, or on the job that you can rise if you don’t lose yourself during the hard times and the challenges.
The story of Jesus on the cross. No matter what they humiliated him with. No matter how they mocked him he took it, because he knew he could rise. And the story of Easter and my message for this Easter session is no matter what unearned suffering you go through, that if you know you can rise above it, don’t become like the diseases that you fight.
As I looked at President Obama at our convention last Friday where all he took he’s been able to rise politically again.. I’m not comparing him to Jesus, but I am saying that to every crucifixion there is a resurrection for those who believe…”
Wow. Is something wrong with this, or is it just me?
It's you
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1120973 Apr 18, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reagan moved onto a more stable and functional marriage" Bwwaaahaaa! Their children hated her! He rejected his children for Nancy. Functional?
The Obama's are not getting divorced; you are a victim of the typical righwinger who passes around dirt after dirt every single day to the point where you believe it. You salivate at any hint of scandal; tingling with joy at the possible misfortune of others. You're sick in the head.
It's your vodka...and your failed marriages.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1120974 Apr 18, 2014
Does anyone else think that Rob Ford [the Toronto mayor] looks like Rush Limbaugh's twin brother. I guess that isn't all those two idiots have in common.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1120975 Apr 18, 2014
what we already know.....

A new study from Princeton spells bad news for American democracy—namely, that it no longer exists.

Asking "[w]ho really rules?" researchers Martin Gilens and Benjamin I. Page argue that over the past few decades America's political system has slowly transformed from a democracy into an oligarchy, where wealthy elites wield most power.

Using data drawn from over 1,800 different policy initiatives from 1981 to 2002, the two conclude that rich, well-connected individuals on the political scene now steer the direction of the country, regardless of or even against the will of the majority of voters.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/princet...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120976 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
ghost "BLAMING" others for his addiction to teabaggering , all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize "Flack" you idiot bagger..

It's the culture...

“41 Days”

Location hidden

#1120977 Apr 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm the one who can't ever find a MSM source?
posting nonsense from right wing nutjob sites is as far from MSM as it gets. though there are very rare exceptions....
I don't link to partisan sites Mr News Corpse.

You know the street goes two ways-you post from left eing nutjob sites.
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Wrong with the Right
.....Once again, the establishment right takes its marching orders from what the destroyers on the left dictate. The right consistently allows the left to destroy our most effective voices – Sarah Palin is a major example. Unequivocal voices like Palin’s are tarred and smeared, while the right instead offers up weak and meandering fools like John McCain – and stands by him even when he poses with al-Qaida leaders in Syria and insists that they’re “moderates.”
We see many come out in a burst of light, political supernovas like Allen West, Palin, and now Ted Cruz. But we also see the right abandon these same people when the left goes after them like the jackals and the vultures they are. Did the GOP establishment have Palin’s back? What did the GOP establishment do to defend Palin from the attacks by vultures in the media like the affable Eva Braun, aka Katie Couric, and the contemptible Charlie Gibson?
The leaders of the conservative establishment are clearly more comfortable with the weakest and most liberal figures on the right than they are with genuine conservatives. And then they abandon their flavor of the month as soon as the leftist sharks start circling.
This is how the establishment right makes it bones: on the bones of the principled right. This is how the establishment right gets legitimacy: by pandering to the left and selling out the clear, uncompromised voices on the right. Instead of destroying our philosophical enemies in the war of individualism vs. statism, the establishment right trims its message, then trims it some more, desperately hoping to appease leftists and their media lapdogs.
Is it any wonder that we can’t win elections? McCain? Romney? We can’t win until we find our spine.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/whats_...
so you having trouble finding some spine? though all of this right wing whining about that that can't be changed by right wing whining would lead some to question if you ever had a spine.
Pffft, so the right does not try to operate using one brain like progressives and to you this is a bad thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Well Well 7,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr panties9688 62,354
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 312,873
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,241
News Desperate debtors are ripe targets (Aug '08) Thu I Am The Problem 130
News Motorcyclist Critically Injured (May '08) Thu you are animals 96
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Dec 6 myspace 12

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages