Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762540 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1112288 Apr 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i think they should along with all gov't employees.. all or none.
Why hello there Hyime!

Nobody cares what you think, but since you have a dingy with 3HP motor, you should need to piss in a cup too. That sure would put a cramp in your weed smokin' style though, now wouldn't it Hyime!

Maybe you could get an exemption for being a liberal wimp!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1112289 Apr 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i think they should along with all gov't employees.. all or none.
Hyime does the weasel routine yet again. He ran from this three times!

Now answer the question wimp.

Why was your Politix account suspended?

http://politix.topix.com/profile/woodtick57

KKKoward...

Since: Mar 13

New Port Richey, FL

#1112290 Apr 6, 2014
That's gotta suck.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1112291 Apr 6, 2014
This was probably already discussed sometime today...but the U.S. sending two additional ballistic missile destroyers to Japan to counter the North Korean threat and saying China must better respect its neighbors is like saying Obama is going to give China a time-out if they don't play nice.

It's the tensions building up that could lead to the other shoe dropping which was mentioned the other day. Weak leadership in what should be a strong country leads to vulnerability and bad guys taking advantage of it.

It's Obama's naivety about the world shining through once again.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1112292 Apr 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just a 100 years ago or so, a woman at the beach in the US would have been arrested if she didn't have a full length swimming suit on, including foot coverings. some places required caps also.
oh, and it couldn't be form fitting, it was really a dress. this suit of annette kellerman's got her arrested in Boston in 1907...
Maybe 100 years in some coastal areas, not here___I've got pics of ladies on Ormond Beach, Daytona and elsewhere in these parts wearing revealing (legs and a tad of cleavage) one piece outfits, smoking cigs and drinking beer right out of the bottle.

LOL, 100 years is not that long ago__1914? Think it over for a minute or two.

The Ormond Beach Hotel opened in 1888.

And you thought it was sleazy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1112294 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if the progressives would stop trying to push class warfare they would have to admit this ruling is not tilted to either party.
What the ruling allowed was for a person to donate to more than 18 people.
Dems have their fair share of big money donors.
This bill hopefully moves the money out of the PACs and into individual campaigns making it more transparent.
"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --George Bush at the 2000 Al Smith dinner
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1112295 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment -"Sorry (an apology) we have veered off into a new conversation about the US Guest program. Feel free to ignore us -(as in we don't expect you to join in)
Really, it is insane to have to explain this to another adult.
So, this is my final comment on this topic.
Maybe if you re-introduced your topic, some here may be interested in it.
I will ignore your posts so I am not accused of the above again.
Have a nice day.
Ignoring is sop for you son...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1112298 Apr 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
This was probably already discussed sometime today...but the U.S. sending two additional ballistic missile destroyers to Japan to counter the North Korean threat and saying China must better respect its neighbors is like saying Obama is going to give China a time-out if they don't play nice.
It's the tensions building up that could lead to the other shoe dropping which was mentioned the other day. Weak leadership in what should be a strong country leads to vulnerability and bad guys taking advantage of it.
It's Obama's naivety about the world shining through once again.
"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."— George Bush interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1112299 Apr 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And my giant penis is your fat old lady's bread and butter, earth worm baby talker. BWAAAAA
"silly"
Be sure to give "poop" a big lol. You love it when he demeans and slurs women. If you do he will probably give you a free copy of his bio/fantasy he bragged, lied about.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1112301 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe 100 years in some coastal areas, not here___I've got pics of ladies on Ormond Beach, Daytona and elsewhere in these parts wearing revealing (legs and a tad of cleavage) one piece outfits, smoking cigs and drinking beer right out of the bottle.
LOL, 100 years is not that long ago__1914? Think it over for a minute or two.
The Ormond Beach Hotel opened in 1888.
And you thought it was sleazy.
Daytona is sleazy.

yes, 1914 isn't that long ago and woman were still being arrested for showing skin in public in the us.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1112302 Apr 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama's naïve Utopian "Big Government/Big Brother" vision hard at work.
http://politix.topix.com/story/11371-youll-be...
(How much Walmart prices will go up if minimum wage goes up.)
http://politix.topix.com/story/11363-a-drone-...
(Drone crashes near an elementary school in Pennsylvania.)
http://politix.topix.com/story/11369-you-migh...
(Four troubling facts in new jobs report.)
Same ol', same ol' leadership - or lack thereof.
Had company this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good one.
Linking topix forums? Forums that google, bing and others hold in low regard__bad reputation.

LMAO

St. Croix valley

#1112303 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Linking topix forums? Forums that google, bing and others hold in low regard__bad reputation.
LMAO
and somehow a drone crashing is Obama's fault?!?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1112304 Apr 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Daytona is sleazy.
yes, 1914 isn't that long ago and woman were still being arrested for showing skin in public in the us.
I'm real good on the history of the regions I've lived in__real good. But I'd be real ignorant to 'pretend" to know the history of your regions. www.thecasements.net

Flagler brought the RR down Florida's East Coast (Rockefeller came along) Plant brought his RR down Florida's West coast

We've got history too.

Daytona is sleazy because it's supposed to be__it is home to male oriented activities/sports etc etc. www.boothillsaloon.com

350,000 T shirt sales per year at $17.95 @ is not sleazy money.

What would you do with "all that money?"

Go fishin maybe?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112305 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if the progressives would stop trying to push class warfare they would have to admit this ruling is not tilted to either party.
What the ruling allowed was for a person to donate to more than 18 people.
Dems have their fair share of big money donors.
This bill hopefully moves the money out of the PACs and into individual campaigns making it more transparent.
Ding, ding, ding! Moran alert!

St. Croix valley

#1112307 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm real good on the history of the regions I've lived in__real good. But I'd be real ignorant to 'pretend" to know the history of your regions. www.thecasements.net
Flagler brought the RR down Florida's East Coast (Rockefeller came along) Plant brought his RR down Florida's West coast
We've got history too.
Daytona is sleazy because it's supposed to be__it is home to male oriented activities/sports etc etc. www.boothillsaloon.com
350,000 T shirt sales per year at $17.95 @ is not sleazy money.
What would you do with "all that money?"
Go fishin maybe?
ummm..i know sleazy when i see it...others do too.

do you think money makes something not sleazy? really? that kind of thinking alone is kind of, well, sleazy, isn't it?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1112308 Apr 6, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Be sure to give "poop" a big lol. You love it when he demeans and slurs women. If you do he will probably give you a free copy of his bio/fantasy he bragged, lied about.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Old Special Eed can't handle it, wimpie azz Demeans and slurs you say, you kidding me, She said that's how you both worked your way through Special Eed school. Actually she said you were a couple up on her in blo jobs.But we all love your obsession with me and my life. Get a life perverted baby talker.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112309 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They___ certain African native tribes and certain Muslim sects, circumcise their females as a way of eliminating any chance for the "weaker" sex to experience sexual pleasure. That practice, like forcing females to dressing heavy robes and hoods that cover the faces is all about control. Those people view women as chattel/cattle etc kinda like red state politicians do.
I'm not sure how humans get into a mindset where sht like that is OK.__but then I don't understand a bunch of pasty fat prks staring at FOX News all day every day either.
It's barbaric; there was a documentary about an Englishwoman who was paying for these women to get reconstructive surgeries; many of these women were literally butchered and could not hold their urine because of it.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1112310 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Linking topix forums? Forums that google, bing and others hold in low regard__bad reputation.
LMAO
A drone did crash near an elementary school in Pennsylvania.

The unemployment rate among blacks that's off the charts wasn't mentioned in the new jobs report.

And prices will go up the more wages go up.

And, apparently, the Feds are claiming capital controls would protect the U.S. dollar from the effects of rapid cash movements.

The only countries that are worried about capital controls are those deeply worried about a currency crisis.

According to Steve Hanke, a professor of applied economics at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore,“Capital controls signal that a country is very worried about preserving its foreign exchange....That means bad things are in the wind.”

Could be the domestic shoe that's about to drop.

St. Croix valley

#1112311 Apr 6, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's barbaric; there was a documentary about an Englishwoman who was paying for these women to get reconstructive surgeries; many of these women were literally butchered and could not hold their urine because of it.
it is amazing that those men fear women so much they do that to them...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1112312 Apr 6, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Obama's Father - Anti-Colonialist
Obama's Mother - Communist
Obama's Grandmother - Communist
Obama's Grandfather - Communist
Obama's Mentor-Communist
Obama's Pastor - Black Liberation Theologist
Obama's Ghost Writer - Terrorist
What part of this equation makes you think that he shares the same ideas as you or I?
What part of this equation makes you think he appreciates individuality or capitalism?
Anti-colonialist.. You mean like in our evolutionary War????
You people are dumber than sh*t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min cpeter1313 341,277
News 81-Year-Old Retiree Gets Raves From Students, P... (Mar '09) 3 hr Dan Jacobson 31
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Hate 21,721
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr INTO FARTS 64,687
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) 14 hr Prune 41
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Thu Newby666 336
Do pretty Girls Fart??? May 23 Guy 5

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages