Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658797 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1110820 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you or any Democrat bother with illegal voting since you support it.
i am not a democrat do not support illegal voting.

why would you wish to waste billions of tax dollars on nothing? i know us conservatives do not want to do that.

you must be a liberal, huh?
dem

United States

#1110821 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Harry Reid is a bumbling HACK.

He is so bad that on Tweeter people from Toronto is telling us that at least their crazy person is amusing.
Lol! Fkn illiterate hillbilly.
dem

United States

#1110822 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Adam, you are arguing with a person who would staunchly say the sky is not blue and you have no proof it is if you made the claim. The person does not attempt to debate issues-just stonewalls when not asking a series of questions without offering anything of value in return.
So he's arguing with you, hillbilly Kkkhunt?

St. Croix valley

#1110823 Apr 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they already exist, Woodtick? When I go to a drug store for controlled allergy medicine I have to provide an ID. All the store does is swipe my DL in their system like a credit card.
no, they don't exist. all that machine did was read your name off the magnetic strip .

so you really think your pharmacist is tied into the DMV's database? really? or the state voter registration base? be serious now, teaman...

sheesh!

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1110824 Apr 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
North Carolina’s Republican legislative leaders want to call one election before all the votes are in. They say that state elections officials, having identified hundreds and perhaps thousands of voters who may have cast ballots in two states (one being North Carolina) in the 2012 general election, have justified the GOP’s voter suppression laws. Those laws include curbs on early voting and especially a Voter ID law.
If indeed those elections officials are able to prove significant fraud, then Republicans may crow as they wish. But it’s far too early to pronounce that voter fraud in North Carolina is a massive problem.
In fact, as the State Board of Elections under executive director Kim Strach proceeds with an investigation, 765 alleged voter fraud cases may prove to be not exactly fraud at all.
Basically, the fraud allegations turned up because of a “cross-check” of voter records involving 28 states. The check showed 765 voters whose first and last names, dates of birth and the last four digits of their Social Security numbers matched with a voter registered in another state and who voted in North Carolina and another state in 2012.
Credit Strach as the voice of reason in the wake of the allegations, while Republican lawmakers were going around the bend with glee. She said the cases could be fraud, or they might not be. The numbers could be the result of mistakes by precinct workers, who in a big election year can be extremely busy checking voters in. And some voters remain on the rolls after they die, at least for a while. Strach’s point was that voter rolls have to be accurate to reduce the chance of error.
And Bob Hall of the watchdog group Democracy North Carolina will doubtless be shouted down by GOP leaders so eager to justify their shameful attempts to reduce the number of Democratic voters. But he made a most salient point in saying that just because there are duplicate names doesn’t mean those voters are guilty of fraud.“I know there is more than one Bob Hall with my birthdate who lives among the 28 states researched,” Hall said.
Strach and the elections board have to look more closely into the issue before Republicans, whom Hall noted have a “political agenda” here, can use this number as proof positive that they needed to do what they did on Voter ID. Of course, when they did it, their intention was transparent. Older people who don’t drive, even some college students and the poor are among those likely to lack a conventional photo identification, and they also happen to be more likely to vote Democratic.
Republicans pushed through the suppression measures because they weren’t satisfied with drawing legislative and congressional districts to their great advantage following the 2010 Census.
Also important to consider is that those 765 cases cited represent an incredibly small fraction of millions of voters on the rolls checked. Even if each and every one is a case of voter fraud, and that’s almost certainly not the case, the number would represent a tiny fraction of all voters.
But that’s inconsequential to Republicans who want to use these numbers to their political advantage. What if it turns out, however, that the vast majority of these cases of duplication aren’t fraud at all, but mistakes? We trust that at that point, Republican leaders will step forward to admit they jumped the gun and will promise to undo the damage they did with their voter suppression laws.
Unfortunately, the GOP leaders seem more inclined to ignore any result that runs counter to their ideology and their determination to ensure that election laws favor their party.
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/03/375586...
You do realize you linked to an opinion piece

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1110825 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am not a democrat do not support illegal voting.
why would you wish to waste billions of tax dollars on nothing? i know us conservatives do not want to do that.
you must be a liberal, huh?
Now its billions from millions.

Soon it'll be Trillions.

I bet you can find money for food stamps, section 8 housing and welfare
dem

United States

#1110826 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>MSLSD......lolololol
You were just leaving? Right?
Get the fk out of here idiot azzhole.
dem

United States

#1110827 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize you linked to an opinion piece
You do realize you are a hair splitting jagoff?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1110828 Apr 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's known. it's accurate.
Are you defending your use of an unknown blog after snarling at someone else for their source?

Why didn't you use HuffPo rather than the blog?

Was it because they didn't say what your blog did?

St. Croix valley

#1110829 Apr 4, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
There is a Christian legend about Pan. In some versions it takes place at the birth of Christ, in others it occurs during his crucifixion, but all involve travellers, usually sailors on the Mediterranean Sea. As they approach the coast, the wind suddenly drops, the air thickens, the vessel is becalmed, and an odd stillness descends. All day the sailors wait, and then, toward evening, a great thundering voice rings out: "The Great God Pan is dead!" Suddenly, from all the hills and streams, from the little hidden valleys, from temples and sacred groves, from mountain pastures and ferny cliffs, there rises a cry of lament, a vast outpouring of wailing and weeping and shrieking that echoes across the hills and valleys and spreads all across the land. Pan is dead.
After this event, the Greek oracles no longer prophesy accurately. The old gods of the classical world, the genies of all the old sacred sites, the nymphs of the wild places, the fauns and satyrs and centaurs, and all wild things fall silent. The Lord of the Wood is dead, and the new king's domain is not earth but heaven. The old order dies with Pan, giving way to a heaven-inspired mystic religion spread by the followers of Christ.
With the rise of science, the religious see their own demise on the horizon. Atheism is the next voice proclaiming the death of a god.
isn't that from "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110830 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratic Officials and Activists Linked to ACORN Plead Guilty in Voter Fraud Case
Numerous voters told Fox News that they were stunned that their signatures were faked on absentee ballot applications and ballots, which were cast as real votes in their names in the 2009 primary election.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/...
Your move
we started out talking about numbers. no mention in the FOX story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/21/of...

so? can you right-wing-media nail that down for me?

i kinda doubt it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110831 Apr 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if you think that's a one way street you're very much mistaken.
GOP Candidate Sentenced for Felony Fraud After Changing Party Affiliation of 300 Democratic Voters, Casting Absentee Ballots in Their Name
With these 300 fraudulent votes created by one Republican candidate alone, that's 300 more fraudulent votes than have ever been created by ACORN or anybody who has ever worked for them.
But, of course, you're unlikely to hear that, or even this story itself, from the tenacious Fox "News" "voter fraud special investigative unit" or the GOP clowns who help them disinform American voters.
http://www.bradblog.com/...
voter fraud is fraud, regardless of party....

thanks for your support.....
dem

United States

#1110832 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give them ideas
So when a dumb hillbilly Kkkhunt such as yourself sees the cops behind you, and you already have 2 duis, do you offer to suck the cops co ck dry. Or were you blackout drunk when you hit the kid?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1110833 Apr 4, 2014
Economists have agendas....

U1-U6...

depending on which one you look at it...

http://portalseven.com/employment/unemploymen...
dem

United States

#1110834 Apr 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>voter fraud is fraud, regardless of party....

thanks for your support.....
Let me guess. You were leaving anyway?

Lol

Beat it hillbilly racist

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1110835 Apr 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I frequently pick up medicines for wife and even neighbors at the Walgreen's or CVS drive thru's. Sometimes they will ask for an address.
What you dumfks don't consider is that those scripts are called in by a local physician for a specific patient to be picked up during a certain period of time, usually a few days.
This ain't rocket science!!!
In Virginia you need a photo Id to pick up scripts and buy certain OTC drugs. War on meth don't you know. You can pick up Meds for a family member but you still need an ID.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1110836 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>bet you it ties even more closely to education...
my county is consistently one of the highest percentages of turnout in the state and nation. we are not that rich but our main town of Grand Marais has the highest percentage of Phd's per capita in the nation...
smart people participate in their civic duty...
That's actually pretty funny. Key words per capita eh?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1110837 Apr 4, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you linked to an opinion piece
so unlike an opinion site like the 'American' Thinker.

not. but hey, hold me to higher standard why don't ya?

you folks are a real hypocrisy hoot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1110838 Apr 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>another case where voter ID would have made no difference.
a voter ID would have an address and would prevent someone from voting other than where they lived.....
dem

United States

#1110839 Apr 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Are you defending your use of an unknown blog after snarling at someone else for their source?

Why didn't you use HuffPo rather than the blog?

Was it because they didn't say what your blog did?
So when you hit the kid with your car is it true you pissed your pants?
Lol!
3 duis?
Damn you are a champ, Otis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Amy Derosa 21,300
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr susanm 322,221
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News Manchester Police Create LGBTQ Liaison 5 hr How the West Was ... 11
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Eric 72,044
News Ganim's campaign pays city for mileage, not driver Dec 11 BPT 7
News DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft (Apr '09) Dec 9 Fredman 244

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages