Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658810 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Frank M Stein

New York, NY

#1078126 Feb 11, 2014
Eliza, I WILL not tell you again. Put - the - computer - down - and - get up - here - and - and - take - care - of - your - family!!!
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078127 Feb 11, 2014
Eat me Schtupper!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1078128 Feb 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
All we have to do is ask ourselves this question:
Would most Americans have thought a Chicago politician - considering Chicago politicians were one of the most corrupt in the nation before 2008 - the best choice to lead this nation during even the best of times - much less the worst - on both the foreign and domestic fronts?
People were told to forget that Obama, Axelrod, Emmanuel, Holder and Jarrett were Chicago politicians cut from the same mold by the liberal media. And every single liberal and even some clear-thinking Americans promptly obliged.
But what we have are corrupt Chicago politicians forming an elite inner circle leading the nation.
We shouldn't be a bit surprised. Whatever happens.
More silliness and gibberish.

Sad__IMO.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078129 Feb 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
All we have to do is ask ourselves this question:
Would most Americans have thought a Chicago politician - considering Chicago politicians were one of the most corrupt in the nation before 2008 - the best choice to lead this nation during even the best of times - much less the worst - on both the foreign and domestic fronts?
People were told to forget that Obama, Axelrod, Emmanuel, Holder and Jarrett were Chicago politicians cut from the same mold by the liberal media. And every single liberal and even some clear-thinking Americans promptly obliged.
But what we have are corrupt Chicago politicians forming an elite inner circle leading the nation.
We shouldn't be a bit surprised. Whatever happens.
Reading your posts is like reading the diary of a chicken... every day is a brand-new day, isn't it, dear?.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1078130 Feb 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the rule, Galt. Become informed. Don't be a dumbass all your life.
Don't worry. That is your specialty.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078131 Feb 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Flack, it's the water company's fault to think that the river water wasn't polluted with chemicals.
Not the company that kept the chemical in an old tank with a faulty containment system.
water companies, particularly those on industrial rivers, have a responsibility to monitor the quality of their incoming water.....

that does not excuse the company that allowed the spill....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1078132 Feb 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not excusing the chemical company but it was 7500 gallons. The Elk there is not a big river but it is not a creek either. It has barge traffic which means it is deep. It flows at a good clip. Here, read this.
West Virginia American Water Company believed that its sophisticated filtration system would handle the spill, and only several hours later issued the do-not-use order after it became apparent the chemical was getting through. It’s important to note that had WVAWC stopped the intake it would have dropped pressure in the lines, putting fire service at risk.
The chemical that spilled is not considered toxic or hazardous, and it would take extremely high concentrations to cause any serious health problems. However, once WVAWC made the decision to impose the do-not-use order, it had to establish a process for determining acceptable levels, a time-consuming process requiring hundreds of separate tests throughout the system.
Freedom Industries tank farm does not require any specific permitting, beyond a standard license for rainwater runoff.“There was no environmental framework in place to stop the leak in the tank or the secondary containment,” DEP Secretary Randy Huffman told me.
This is why we need regulations.
Freedom kept a dangerous chemical in a crappy tank in a broken containment system.
Most other states would require regular inspections and a containment system in case of tank failure.
The idea WV has no laws concerning tank safety, is why the federal government needs to step in. What WV does to the river affects other states as well.
This is why we need regulations. We can't trust companies like Freedom to do the right thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078133 Feb 11, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe they could take advantage of the free education, student loans etc., and get a flucking job. They might have to foot their own bill for failures though.
speaking of "fluck", the Fluckster is now billed as an advocate for victims of sexual slavery....
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1078135 Feb 11, 2014
Short on deduction then.
The repeated use of Stein in my original post was apparently lost on you, dumpling.

What you should have "detected" was a distinctive disdain towards trolls, not Jews.

"We've"? Who's "we've"?

PS Marble Halvah is my favorite, and Kreplach Soup 'aint' bad either with a Pastrami "Sammich" .... YUM. ;)
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>
I detect a certain... anger towards Jews, new yawk... surely we're past all that by now? More Halvah, sweetie?
Barack Omama

Byron, IL

#1078136 Feb 11, 2014
Looks like trouble
Barack Omama

Byron, IL

#1078137 Feb 11, 2014
What do you get when you cross a libby slimeball with an apricot? Wait... I forgot the answer... brb...
cantremember

Seattle, WA

#1078138 Feb 11, 2014
Why not let folks write their own posts, you're not Faux News material, anyway...
Barack Omama

Byron, IL

#1078139 Feb 11, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>So you were right on board with W' s faith based initiatives? Don't let your infidel friends in the progressive junta find that out. You won't get invited to anymore of their coke party's.
Ha ha! Yeah! Coke party's, right on, man! You're telling them now!
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1078140 Feb 11, 2014
***I was never "for" the war in Iraq. You may be fickle. I'm just true to myself.

But if by fickle you mean:
I believe we should support Israel as our ally. I just don't believe we should be supporting Israel ( or any other Country ) monetarily since we can't even afford to support our own.

Again with the "we" ... sweet cakes ???

***But, Hussein had plenty of time, warning to smuggle those WMD out into Syria.
Not saying that he did .... But
Mossad, CIA and MI-6 all confirmed he had them. But, I didn't "vote" for that war.
Now you KNOW, Stein. No need to guess and reiterate the old adage: "I know who/what you are/believe ...." BS.
M Stein wrote:
You're sort of like the war in Iraq, aren't you, new yawk? First you voted for it before you voted against it. Women are fickle, aren't we? More snow tonight, sweetie, snuggle up.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1078142 Feb 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, unlike Rethugs, liberals believe in the Constitution:
Sixth Amendment:
"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense."
What a great country we live in.
Silly gooose, I merely pointed out how a mass murderer will receive a million dollar defense, thx to libs who care nothing about murderers, unless somehow they can blame it on conservatives.

Liberals have already forgotten James Holmes, but they never let up on Zimmerman, did they?

13 innocents dead
1 dead racist thug dead

Your boy liberal BO is violating the constitution right now, but that's fine with you, isn't it?
cantremember

Seattle, WA

#1078143 Feb 11, 2014
Harvard law review, you ?? LMAO !

“you know i know”

denver

#1078144 Feb 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Occupy Wall Street Question of the day:
Why is there never any discussion of how to pay for wars, tax cuts, and loopholes but when it comes to SNAP and unemployment insurance there's no end to the hand wringing about how we're going to pay for them?
The law breaking delinquents of OWS should stop their own crimes before they worry about other things. Your boy BO let them violate the law right out his front door. He said nothing, some crimes are OK with libs.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1078145 Feb 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite true, Duh-Pont. Progressives attack Christians, but not all are anti-religious. Some, like you, are plastic hypocrite, phony Christian types.
Hope that helps!
Ah! So you're a believer in pedophilia in the Church then son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1078146 Feb 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It was the water company that didn't shut the intakes for almost a whole day after being informed about the leak. If they had shut the intake and waited till the leak passed by none of this would be much of a story. The decision to not close the valve was the fire department would have insufficient water pressure to fight fires.
Ah! The ol' I-told-someone-else-so-it's-no t-my-fault excuse from reich wingers.

This is how you get around a faulty system?

Right now, I don't think it's the water company that's going to get sued son!

“you know i know”

denver

#1078147 Feb 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to keep kidding yourself fine, but this is FAILED Reaganism. In the late 50's early 60's or so the total wealth of the USA was owned by 70% of the population. Reganism, the right's icon invented this BS trickle down effect that those with the a$$ out of their pants want to believe in and defend. It's a total sham, the only trickle down with the 1%er's is the local Mercedes dealer and the illegals they employ to keep their home. That's where it stops! When you have a thriving community where wealth is shared across a greater percentage of the population then that is when the trickle effect works. Families buy more products, buy more services & that benefits everyone. When you are in survival mode, the spending stops. The 1%'rs are very hard to get rid of, they are the voice heard by all governments before acting on anything. So if you want that wealth to filter down again, you either start taxing hard or that group will keep on shrinking but always hold the power. After all Capitalism is just one giant pyramid scheme where eventually those at the top own the lot unless governments put in enough checks and balances to prevent it.
Reaganism? Our resident dumbass kangaroo humper who doesn't even live here brings up long dead Reagan. How about the dirtbag lying failure Mr. Potato Head who is failing us right now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Amy Derosa 21,300
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr susanm 322,221
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News Manchester Police Create LGBTQ Liaison 6 hr How the West Was ... 11
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Eric 72,044
News Ganim's campaign pays city for mileage, not driver Dec 11 BPT 7
News DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft (Apr '09) Dec 9 Fredman 244

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages