Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581821 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1056343 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you still cannot show any successful modern countries tha don't have a welfare system...why is that?
you already lost this one indy...dragging it to another page is just idiotic of you...but then maybe you like being slapped around...sorry, i'm not into that kinky shit...
One difference would be one country actively teaching people how to become self-reliant, while the other country is actively promoting dependence on the government.
Guess which country Obama was named president of.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1056344 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama not only promised but practically guaranteed the American people he would bring the people responsible to justice.
No, actually, he VOWED to bring to justice those responsible for the deadly assault on a U.S. embassy in Benghazi and said catching the militants who killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans remained a top priority.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/obam...
That was before it became a "phony scandal".
Look, in case you didn't know it....Benghazi is not a part of the United States. Vowing to "bring to justice those responsible for the deadly assault on a U.S. embassy in Benghazi" doesn't mean that these culprits will necessarily be brought to justice in the United States. Do you really think that is worth going to war?

"Federal law enforcement authorities have filed murder charges against Mr. Khattala, a militia leader in Benghazi, in connection with the attacks. The authorities have identified several others who they said they believe participated in the attacks, and have filed charges under seal against some of them, according to American officials." It is the Libyan government that has "rebuffed the Obama administration’s efforts to arrest the suspects".

Of course, Republicans have tried to use that as an excuse to authorize a military strike against Syria.

“You cannot have an attack on the mission, 12 months later identified a good number of the participants, and have absolutely no consequences for the taking of American lives,” Representative Mike Rogers of Michigan, who leads the House Intelligence Committee, said in an interview."

To hell with Republicans and your pro-war stance. You have absolutely NO respect for another country’s sovereignty but you would be the first to complain should those suspects be taken out by a drone.

“The Libyan government has to wrestle with this idea:‘What would that mean to us if we apprehended some of these people, if we tried them, if we handed them over?’” Gen. Carter F. Ham, a former head of the military’s Africa Command, told a conference in Aspen, Colo., in July.“It’s a very, very complex issue.”

Heck, I'm surprised that you people haven't demanded that the President invade Russia to capture Snowden. Same difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/world/afric...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1056345 Jan 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many who previously had insurance will now be on Medicaid and will have no choice...
no reason to use the ERs if you are on medicaid..

you really need to at least try to think...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1056346 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ddi yo actually read that shitty study?
they gave medicaid cards to people who had no idea how to us any health care other than what they had already did...go to the ER...now they just knew it would be covered.
if the study had even put one single phone number on the back of their card to one of many services that could have guided them to proper care, the results would have been more in line with what happens in the real world....
just because people do a study does not mean it is a good study
And some different group of people will sign up for the welfare part of ObamaKare?
If you do the same thing, expect the same result.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056347 Jan 7, 2014
Funny how Obama can come up with some ridiculous number of people that will lose their jobs b/c of UI, but can't produce real ACA numbers.

St. Croix valley

#1056348 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must understand Mr. Woodtick. There is only one truth and one reality...his.
Everyone else is a stupid, uninformed cult member.
if you could only counter even one of my posts...why is it you didn't do that just now?

hmmm....

guess you've been owned...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1056349 Jan 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising capital gains taxes only reduces revenue only for a sort period. Prior to the date the tax raise takes place, those thinking of selling assets will do so before the tax rates increase. This produces fewer sales of assets after the higher rate goes into effect. This lowers the revenue generated for a short period only.
Only an uninformed person does not know this.
Income inequality got worse due to the recession which hurt poor & middle class people more. Why is it you keep blaming the effects of the Bush recession on Obama? He was not in office when the worst recession in 80 years started.
Trickle down economics does not work. Neither does deregulation as we saw with Wall Street in the near financial collapse.
I love how the Obama admin determines your cause of the week. I've posted a few articles on how pumping money into wall street worsens income inequality.

St. Croix valley

#1056350 Jan 7, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
One difference would be one country actively teaching people how to become self-reliant, while the other country is actively promoting dependence on the government.
Guess which country Obama was named president of.
that is a totally different discussion.

on that, i would mostly agree with you.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056351 Jan 7, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You spell "is" with an "i", not a "u".
You're welcome.
I guess that depends on what the definition of 'is' is.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1056352 Jan 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
The diligent efforts of our liberal education system have finally come home to roost. The President has declared that extended unemployment payments lead to new jobs and a vibrant economy. What exactly IS unemployment insurance? For a President of the United States to stand before America and make such a claim is remarkable. But for him to expect you'd believe it, tells me one thing: he was a teacher, he KNOWS you'll believe it. Bravo, well done.
President Obama did not say extending the unemployment benefits alone would lead to a vibrant economy.

Those who receive these benefits would spend that money in the economy & it could help create jobs & help our economy overall.

Maybe you need to take some Econ course Mr Mighty Dumb Builder.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1056353 Jan 7, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz claims unemployment insurance grows the middle class.
Wasserman-Doltz is, without a doubt, one of the most ignorant, hypocritical, and fraudulent politicians I've ever had the displeasure of reading about.

Even Bill Maher shut down Wasserman Schultz.

Maher:“Is a lie justified if it’s for something good?” he asked.“And if he hadn’t told that lie, could Obamacare have been passed?”

Wasserman Schultz, who has a reputation for living in an alternate reality, maintained Obama didn’t lie.

“It was not a lie, let’s just be very clear. When the president and myself and every other Democrat talked about that if you like your health care you can keep it, that was referring to the overwhelming majority of Americans who had health care,” she said.“The reality of Obamacare is, not only are they able to keep their health care, but it is very likely going to cost less and have better benefits.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11/02/bill-m...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1056354 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so why is it you cannot find even ONE SINGLE country that is successful that doesn't have a welfare system?
why do you keep running from your own words, Indy? you[ve been doing it on this topic for over a month now...ample time for you to research and find a flaw in my logic, yet you still haven't...why do you think that is?
bye now...run along , little boy.
You just proved my point you dont know what your talking about and they are all failing that have a welfare system in place which Europe as a whole is failing miserably which we all know and is the reason why Denmark eliminated their welfare system and will be successful now besides if anybody is running from their own words and cant prove their point it is you woodtick57 and the reason you have been doing this for months is the fact you are dependent on the welfare state and system to provide for you and your replies and counter arguments confirm it so by now and run along little boy and no need to come back since your logic is flawed and is dependent on others to do the providing for your type of Society.

September 24, 2013

Europe Declares the Welfare State Dead

With the Congress and the administration in full battle mode over implementing ObamaCare to convert the United States into a European welfare state, Dutch King Willem-Alexander gave a nationally televised speech to his nation's Parliament on September 16th declaring that the welfare state was dead. The message, written for the King by Prime Minister Mark Rutte's government, stated that current levels of state spending for unemployment benefits and subsidized health care are unsustainable amid Europe's ongoing economic malaise. With Moody's credit rating agency threatening to downgrade Dutch debt, the King announced that citizens soon will be expected to create their own social and financial safety nets with much less help from the state.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/europe...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056355 Jan 7, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, was just thinking a minute ago I should probably look for another part-time job to supplement the income from my present one and SS checks.
Since part-time jobs are the new full-time jobs, it shouldn't be that hard to do - and I'm 62.
Surely, younger people can find two part-time jobs fairly easy.
they have no incentive. Welfare pays more.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1056356 Jan 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
The diligent efforts of our liberal education system have finally come home to roost. The President has declared that extended unemployment payments lead to new jobs and a vibrant economy. What exactly IS unemployment insurance? For a President of the United States to stand before America and make such a claim is remarkable. But for him to expect you'd believe it, tells me one thing: he was a teacher, he KNOWS you'll believe it. Bravo, well done.
short-term unemployment insurance may be necessary....

however, long-term unemployment insurance is welfare and should be subject to means testing...

if one cannot find a job in six months, one never will...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1056358 Jan 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
The President has declared that extended unemployment payments lead to new jobs and a vibrant economy.
Then using his dishonest and retarded logic, raising taxes on the middle class will have the exact opposite effect. Unfortunately his supporters are dishonest and retarded.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1056359 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, yes i am...
would you like to try to counter my knowledge on this subject? you will be whipped beyond your imagination...
nuc?

St. Croix valley

#1056360 Jan 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is not insurance, but welfare instead...
and many doctors and urgent care clinics do not want to treat welfare patients...
so they will continue to use hospital emergency rooms...
then they are in violation of their hippocratic oath and need their licenses revoked..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1056361 Jan 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, in case you didn't know it....Benghazi is not a part of the United States. Vowing to "bring to justice those responsible for the deadly assault on a U.S. embassy in Benghazi" doesn't mean that these culprits will necessarily be brought to justice in the United States. Do you really think that is worth going to war?
"Federal law enforcement authorities have filed murder charges against Mr. Khattala, a militia leader in Benghazi, in connection with the attacks. The authorities have identified several others who they said they believe participated in the attacks, and have filed charges under seal against some of them, according to American officials." It is the Libyan government that has "rebuffed the Obama administration’s efforts to arrest the suspects".
Of course, Republicans have tried to use that as an excuse to authorize a military strike against Syria.
“You cannot have an attack on the mission, 12 months later identified a good number of the participants, and have absolutely no consequences for the taking of American lives,” Representative Mike Rogers of Michigan, who leads the House Intelligence Committee, said in an interview."
To hell with Republicans and your pro-war stance. You have absolutely NO respect for another country’s sovereignty but you would be the first to complain should those suspects be taken out by a drone.
“The Libyan government has to wrestle with this idea:‘What would that mean to us if we apprehended some of these people, if we tried them, if we handed them over?’” Gen. Carter F. Ham, a former head of the military’s Africa Command, told a conference in Aspen, Colo., in July.“It’s a very, very complex issue.”
Heck, I'm surprised that you people haven't demanded that the President invade Russia to capture Snowden. Same difference.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/world/afric...
how about using drones on terrorists like "Khattala" instead of on American citizens???...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1056362 Jan 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no reason to use the ERs if you are on medicaid..
you really need to at least try to think...
Hmmm, another one of these- despite what research show- you know better?

You appear to believe science is all politics and actual data and research is just an inconvenience to your world view.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1056363 Jan 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
What's the old joke - It's so cold the democrats are keeping their hands in their own pockets. LOL
Extending unemployment benefits will allow Catherine to raise her thermostat a degree and buy an extra loaf of bread and dozen eggs!
That may cause the utility company and grocery store to hire an extra person! Wow!
What a dipsh*t you fools elected.

Evidently, Ray thinks just one person will be spending that extra money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min John-K 316,355
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) 6 hr Warning 44
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
News While Somers writes, her representatives work 21 hr Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages