Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395920 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1054094 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice she didn't post a source to cite those comments by Rand Paul?
It would have been nice to cross reference that source and confirm what she posted.
They are quotes for Pete's sake. All you have to do is Google, Rand Paul Quotes. It isn't like I made them up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1054095 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
there ya go, lying again.
Why do you misrepresent what people say, continually.
Is it because your butt hurts so much??
Exercising your mouth muscles fits right in to your profession as a sex worker.

Are you guys unionized now?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054096 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take it personally.
As you said, you've given up on these folks.
I haven't. Not on all of them. Even Carol has her good points, though tolerance isn't one of them!! LOL
Who do you think you are talking to?

Lapeer, MI

#1054097 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's make a deal.
I'm no fan of Dem, but feel he is a great counter to what Waxman does. I'm tired of you folks denying it, it's so obvious.
You folks make it clear you don't like Waxman and his socks, and we will do the same with Dem.
Time to stop ignoring or feeding those whose only purpose is to Troll. At least Dem is honest about that.
Eventually, they will leave, I'm betting Dem will leave willingly, far before we can get rid of the degenerate Floriduh.
I'm shocked that you are so comfortable with Floriduh's homophobic and downright disgusting rants. And the new sock, Vodka and other names from SF is worse.
You can't claim any moral high ground with people like that polluting your message.
You're shocked?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Somebody hand me a Taser, please:>

Bozo is never shocked. Numb Skulls are called such for a good reason, Fool.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054098 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? LOL? You presume you speak for everyone?
FOCUS:
We were discussing voter ID. If you can't follow a conversation, maybe you need to bow out.
Also don't re-post a blog's nonsense after the law has been quoted showing it is fallacious
Now who thinks she is the boss of this thread? LMAO.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1054099 Jan 4, 2014
He's a mess!

Pathetic thing is he desires acceptance. But he courts rejection.
And solicits contempt and disdain.

Have A Happy, Healthy, Rockin' New Year, Waxman ..!!!
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You are really (not) funny.
You obviously never amounted to anything.
Zzzzzz......

Lapeer, MI

#1054100 Jan 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Guess some are just a little edgy between the scandals.
Next week should bring more controversies when Congress reconvenes and we learn about the latest cancellations and problems with insurers not getting accurate information from those who think they're signed up.
Seems I recall Communism having a rough start, too, just like Obamacare.

It eventually failed and was replaced with differing forms of democracy or at least self-rule and capitalism.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1054101 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you nuts? "IF it were George Bush's administration....." This whole thing started under the Bush administration and things were far worse under his control. Liberals screamed bloody murder while your kind said absolutely nothing under the Bush. It took liberals and Obama to put a stop to the warrant-less listening in on American citizens which was prevalent under Bush.
While I'm not convinced that the collecting of phone numbers is an invasion of privacy, most liberals have been campaigning against this spying since 2006. True to their convictions, they did not change their tune when Obama became president.....unlike you who supported the practice under Bush and changed your tune only when Obama became president.
IMO, these are nothing but numbers. There are no names or addresses attached to the numbers and the NSA can't access that information without a warrant. How is that an invasion of privacy?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
FACT: In January, 2006, civil rights organizations, lawyers, journalists and educators, filed a lawsuit "challenging the constitutionality of a secret government program to intercept vast quantities of the international telephone and Internet communications of innocent Americans without court approval." In August, 2006, A federal judge ruled that "the president of the United States ... has undisputedly violated the Fourth amendment to the Constitution in failing to procure judicial orders". Republicans cried foul and had a hissy fit!
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/17/domest...
No. No. No.

When conversing with Lois, Rule # 1 is:

"Thou cannot criticize George the Bush. Or shrub."

Never! Never! Never!

I'm convinced that GW Bush holds a position close to Sainthood in Carol's mind.

It's completely useless to suggest to her that Bush might have done anything wrong.

All the stuff Bush did??

It's Obama's fault.

Funny how that inexperienced first term Senator caused all the chaos that would later be blamed on Bush. It's all a Democrat conspiracy, you see.

They have the media in their pocket.

She's just another Patriot, a working class Sarah Palin, fighting to keep her rights to hold homophobic and racist views alive.

Democracy!! Ain't it grand??

(Now one of the nitwits will aay it'a Republic) LOL
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054102 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Magic Negro has the power to accumulate personal information on not only his opponents but his party members, too, then this country is sunk and Dennis Rodman can add the Oval Office to his Marxist itineraries, too..
It is a dangerous situation that needs address immediately!

Lapeer, MI

#1054103 Jan 4, 2014
Waxman wrote:
Senators blast Obama over Al Qaeda capture of Iraq city of Fallujah.
Obama: Mission Accomplished!
Baawwaahh!!!!
And the bas turd is more than likely shipping arms to Al Qaeda.

"Al Qaeda is on the run" says the Magic Negro!

Yep....running to him for support like the Muslim Brotherhood.

Location hidden

#1054104 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think you are talking to?
I wished you well at New Year's. You reciprocated.

Then you chose to believe an unverifiable claim to attack me and call me a 'puke'.

You chose the terms.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054105 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who thinks she is the boss of this thread? LMAO.
If you want to be so dumb as to post the same nonsense after it has been shown to be dung-you cannot whine when someone calls you on it. Well you can, but it doesn't make you look very good.

Location hidden

#1054106 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a dangerous situation that needs address immediately!
Be scared!!

Be very scared!!

HACHACHACHA

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054107 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No. No.
When conversing with Lois, Rule # 1 is:
"Thou cannot criticize George the Bush. Or shrub."
Never! Never! Never!
I'm convinced that GW Bush holds a position close to Sainthood in Carol's mind.
It's completely useless to suggest to her that Bush might have done anything wrong.
All the stuff Bush did??
It's Obama's fault.
Funny how that inexperienced first term Senator caused all the chaos that would later be blamed on Bush. It's all a Democrat conspiracy, you see.
They have the media in their pocket.
She's just another Patriot, a working class Sarah Palin, fighting to keep her rights to hold homophobic and racist views alive.
Democracy!! Ain't it grand??
(Now one of the nitwits will aay it'a Republic) LOL
LOL. Perhaps next time, she'll think twice before dragging Bush into the discussion.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1054108 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems I recall Communism having a rough start, too, just like Obamacare.
It eventually failed and was replaced with differing forms of democracy or at least self-rule and capitalism.
Did you see the article some ditz posted in Rolling Stone

Here is some of his commentary

"1. Guaranteed Work for Everybody

Unemployment blows. The easiest and most direct solution is for the government to guarantee that everyone who wants to contribute productively to society is able to earn a decent living in the public sector.
[...]
2. Social Security for All

But let’s think even bigger. Because as much as unemployment blows, so do jobs. What if people didn’t have to work to survive?
[...]
3. Take Back The Land

Ever noticed how much landlords blow? They don’t really do anything to earn their money. They just claim ownership of buildings and charge people who actually work for a living the majority of our incomes for the privilege of staying in boxes that these owners often didn’t build and rarely if ever improve.
[...]
4. Make Everything Owned by Everybody

Hoarders blow. Take, for instance, the infamous one percent, whose ownership of the capital stock of this country leads to such horrific inequality."

Ray thought it was satire but it turns out this as bright as the guy gets and he is serious.

NO, I will not provide a link to the moron's article. Look it up if curious.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054110 Jan 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And the bas turd is more than likely shipping arms to Al Qaeda.
"Al Qaeda is on the run" says the Magic Negro!
Yep....running to him for support like the Muslim Brotherhood.
Why do you insist on projecting Reagan's and H.W. Bush's actions onto Obama? Guilty conscience? Perhaps you need a refresher course in who sold arms to Al Queda. Hint: It wasn't Obama.

Location hidden

#1054111 Jan 4, 2014
new yawk wrote:
He's a mess!
Pathetic thing is he desires acceptance. But he courts rejection.
And solicits contempt and disdain.
Have A Happy, Healthy, Rockin' New Year, Waxman ..!!!
<quoted text>
This is for you, so you can understand why Lifetime Appointments were so important to our Founders:

""The basic purpose of lifetime appointment is to assure the integrity of the power granted to Court Justices and protect them against unwarranted interference from either the legislative or executive branch. The express and implicit separation of the Supreme Court from the other branches of Government is therefore upheld. In accordance with the principle of providing checks and balances, the executive and legislative branches exercise control over the Supreme Court by, respectively, proposing and approving candidates for that body.
In the highly politicized atmosphere which has long attended the nominally apolitical arena of Court Justices, Presidents often attempt to buttress their agendas by selecting Court Justice nominees favorable toward their views. At times, however, the judicial leanings of Court Justices prove different in practice than they had previously appeared. The policy of lifetime appointment, therefore, secures a Court Justice against "retribution" for decisions going against the wishes of his or her Presidential sponsor. In this regard, proponents have cited Alexander Hamilton's declaration in the Federalist Papers that "nothing can contribute so much to its firmness and independence as permanency in office".""

- See more at: http://constitution.laws.com/supreme-court-ju...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1054113 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Be scared!!
Be very scared!!
HACHACHACHA
Makes you wonder what she is involved in that has her so scared. I can think of several possibilities but I'll play nice.

Lapeer, MI

#1054114 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> they never work when I try to post them. It's why I don't. Just type in biomass generator.
No offense intended but Biomass, Wind Turbine, Solar, etc. are, to me, stopgap measures that are more like Science Projects than serious Energy Solutions for humanity. When the gubbermint starts handing out free money for "free" energy, of course we will hear about all the glories of Solar, Wind Turbines and EVs. Chris Mathews wets himself over it and Charlie Rose has an altar built to it.

We need game changers and not simply extensions of my High School Lab class.

Fusion is one possibility but not likely. There is an industry joke that goes like this: "Fusion will forever be ready in ten years".

Fundamental Physics is the only store in town. We need to frequent it more often.

There is a guy whose name escapes me at this moment - he's of Indian descent - and he is one of the original founders of Cysco? Anyways, he is now a very successful Angel Investor with a lot of new technology successes beneath his belt.

He feels the same way I do. He strongly believes that government has no business subsidizing energy schemes. Good technology should be able to stand on its own. Anything less and the market should kill it via Adam Smith. The Magic Negro's record with the Solyndra rip-offs testifies to this.

If we keep playing footsie with the renewables, the Magic Negro will have us subsidizing Horse Whips into the next century.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#1054115 Jan 4, 2014
Iraq city falls fully into hands of al-Qaida group

By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA, Associated Press
POSTED: 01/04/14, 1:14 PM PST |
BAGHDAD (AP)— The city center of Iraq’s Fallujah has fallen completely into the hands of fighters from the al-Qaida-linked Islamic State in Iraq and Levant, police said Saturday, yet another victory for the hardline group that has made waves across the region in recent days.

ISIL is also one of the strongest rebel units in Syria, where it has imposed a strict version of Islamic law in territories it holds and kidnapped and killed anyone it deems critical of its rule. Also on Saturday, it claimed responsibility for a suicide car bombing in a Shiite-dominated neighborhood in Lebanon.

==========

From what is described by the above, US policy appears to promote and build the Al-Qaeda groups.

Obama has not learned the lesson of Iraq as he wanted to strike Syria to support the Muslim rebels.

Lots of Muslim elements came from Chechen, the west and everywhere to join the rebels in Syria while Al-Qaeda went in as well, since Obama favored them and was on the rebels side, that Al-Qaeda loved the unrest violences created by Obama supporting rebels.
Syria is the work of Russia to restrict and deter Muslim and AL-QAEDA terror groups so that Syria could not have too much difficulty to fight rebels.

In Libya, Obama also built the Al-Qaeda there subsequently that Libya is not really stable.

So to speak, no government US helped installing is stable and secure, including the current Iraq government.

Saddam was the one who would deter and reject Al-Qaeda entrance.

If the present Iraq government would be run down or overthrown through more than 9 years of turbulent continuous violences, what is the point of liberation for the regime change?
But more than 8 years of unrest in Iraq is termed un-savable as a big failure, which is viewed as evil and ugly to still start that sort of venture in the new world.

Who says what the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED means, as that is only Bush on Aircraft-carrier by saying so?

Facts did show that when Biden was in Iraq, he DECLARED loudly that was A MISSION ACCOMPLISHED that Obama said so.

For this means approving the mission, as real facts exhibit that US is still supporting what is left-over in Iraq, that tells that Obama approves and supports that MISSION ACCOMPLISHED -- the Mission being telling lies by invasion for regime change OF supporting the current Iraq government subsequently, as examples of sending Helfire missiles and unmanned aircrafts to fight AL-QAEDA GROUPS prove that is the case.

If he does not support the mission of US intrusion for installing a new government, why would Obama just let them fight it out in Iraq, instead of carrying over to handle what is left from that Bush had done?

Sending Helfire missiles and unmanned aircrafts to Iraq would mean supporting the mission of overthrowing Saddam for a new robot government by committing genocides and torture.

If there was no mission, the story had ended as it was a major error in the Iraq case that Iraq is now equal to Vietnam, that it is only Iraqi business with no more US participation as the example -- the sending missiles is equal to supporting the mission.

It might become true of what Bush had started would become voided--that is, that present Iraq government could be gone anytime AND SOME DAY.

Logical paradox is based on facts shown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 min TRD 70,730
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Mothra 60,135
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 311,351
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
News More (Apr '15) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 3

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages