Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783308 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1049736 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...if that is a threat, bring it on...but have the guts to do it in person, instead of using the IRS Gestapo...
It sounds like a true commie!!!
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049737 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Truman started the practice of undeclared war...
...followed by JFK and LBJ...
The fact of the matter is any president who violates his oath should be impeached, do you agree?
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1049738 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i get a check every month from BMI for my protected work.
seems simple enough to me.
While still receiving your "other" monthly check?
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049739 Dec 30, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'WE BUILT THAT CITY' are on fire!

"Greater Cleveland continues to shed more jobs than any big city metro area in the nation'

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2...
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049740 Dec 30, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not earn that retirement' plan are on fire!

'Retired GM workers just lost $450 million in benefits'

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101265411
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049741 Dec 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people haven't inherited the family business and wealth. Where is the money supposed to come from to start a business? You are the anti-American. I've got news for you. People that are hungry and homeless are going to take what they need to survive.
are you really advocating mass looting and insurrection???...
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049742 Dec 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If the issue is failure to a implement program as stated by law and /or allowing waivers not intended or involves EOs that rewrites laws then it does fall fully on the executive branch.
Then you need to blame the gop for not starting impeachment.]
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049743 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing will get you shot in my neighborhood...
...which is why the moochers and thieves want to disarm Americans...
Abolish The Fed

Baltimore, MD

#1049744 Dec 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The troubling NDAA provision first signed into law in 2012 permits the military to detain individuals indefinitely without trial and remains on the books for 2014.
What's your point?
Due process only applies to U.S. citizens. Not enemy combatants.
Again, your point?
The point is the definition of enemy combatant.

Government has been spying for s long time, bush nor Obama haven't recognized its evils or stopped it. Neither has the congress.
Why do you support these people?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1049745 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
anybody who wants a job can find one...maybe not the job they want or the money they want, but a job...
at least that was true until the Obama Depression...
The "Obama depression"? The one started 14 months before Obama took office, that one? The one started in Bush's 7th year in office?

My God you people are pathetic.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1049746 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Browns coach fired after 1 season
Vikings coach fired after 3 seasons
Redskins coach fired after 4 seasons
ACA website roll out Nov 2013 and not fully implemented.
Using your logic President Bush should have been fired at 09:15 EDT 9/11/2001
Your logic is what comes up lacking with a big dash of pettiness to top it off.

FOCUS: The topic is appointed positions. The positions I listed fell into that category---

All appointed positions may be terminated at anytime for any reason

Still following...

Sibelius is an appointed position and can be removed at anytime for job failures.

And here I thought the Progressives couldn't screw this one up.

tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049747 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The world braces for the retirement crisis.
There are baby boomers in many nations.
Here's an anecdote for ya...

I met a 80 year old woman in Turkey who never set foot in a hospital...

Her son was my landlord...every time I bumped into her she was hollering 'toprak...toprak...."

Finally I looked it up in my handy-dandy

it means 'earth'

She was telling me she was ready to die...

So?
This broke ass UN-educated woman who never had a dental exam was able to prepare herself for death....

and Americans can't buy some 8 dollar BC pills without having to tax someone to provide it...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1049748 Dec 30, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you have to go further back than that. Try researching the "Banana Wars" and 2X Medal of Honor winner USMC General Smedley Butler.
Of course I don't expect you will, as you won't be able to attack Democrats knowing the truth.
Oh and BTW, all evidence indicates that JFK was going to pull the troops out of Nam. His quotes, actions and interviews with administration officials provide ample evidence of such
shortly before his own assassination, JFK ordered the assassination of the Diem brothers, guaranteeing expanded US presence in Vietnam...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049749 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Obama, Clinton Most Admired Man And Woman
Obama led the second most admired man, former President George W. Bush, by 12 points.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama_m...
a republican will never top the list.
does anyone do a most hated poll?
Sadly enough, it only means we're still the Dumb and Dumber United States of America.

You can't admire someone you didn't trust only a month ago.

Last month, 53% of Americans thought the president was not honest according to a CNN/ORC poll and only four out of 10 thought Obama could manage the federal government effectively.

Moreover, fifty-six percent of the public last month said he is not a person they “admire” and not agreeable on issues concerning the country.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/obamas-trust...

So, as usual, a lot of people are still really confused in this country.

You also can't admire someone whose disapproval rating is 49% with only 42% approving and 56% disapproving of his signature law with only 40% approving.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Dail...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/lates...

So what's there to admire if the majority don't approve of his job performance as president, don't trust him and don't approve of his legacy law?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1049750 Dec 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>no credit cards here. no car payments, no house payments, no nothing. i'm a musician. and not always an affluent one. the starving artist gig makes for great life lessons. cash money. can't afford it, don't buy it.
It's the culture....
tell it like it is

Norman, OK

#1049751 Dec 30, 2013
*dictionary

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1049752 Dec 30, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>In Afghanistan now under the O'bama administration, a soldier can fire upon a moslem, even though the moslem fired at the American soldiers--if the moslem fired and killed a few Americans and then puts his gun down. This is what is going on in O'bama's war of necessity.
*Aug 17, 2009 - President Obama told military service members Monday that the war in Afghanistan was a "war of necessity".
We invaded Afghanistan top get Bin Laden.

Your hero George W Bush, after botching the war, declared Bin Laden irrelevant & matched of to a war on Iraq about oil laving behind not only Bin Laden but a nation building project.

President Obama said he would get Bin Laden where ever he was & he did & then he had to get us out of Afghanistan & leave behind some sort of functioning government.

So yes that was the war of necessity. It was still in progress at the start of the Obama administration solely because Bush made it a mess & could not clean it up.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1049753 Dec 30, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you did not earn that retirement' plan are on fire!
'Retired GM workers just lost $450 million in benefits'
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101265411
Each?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1049754 Dec 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
are you really advocating mass looting and insurrection???...
apostman = 99Percent = Emeem

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1049755 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was anticipated doll__practically guaranteed by French and German intel and even the likes of retired US military people such as Barry McCaffrey.
BushCo didn't give a sht__they weren't considering the long term, they were only considering starting a war.
The War They Wanted the Lies They Needed.
It always amazes me how much you know about everything. But can never prove it with any credible sources.

Why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Susanm 346,300
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 46 min Mexico 22,043
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr TheFartingClintone 64,852
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 72,098
News Ansonia man wins $360,000 after visit to packag... Thu Ava Ava 4
News Schools Prepare for Temperatures in the 90s Monday Jun 20 Gavone 9
News Newington Discusses Curbing Panhandling Jun 18 Bruddah Z 1

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages