Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497098 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#1031421 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, he certainly must not be happy with a lot of liberals who invoke His name at every opportunity to push liberal secularism where God isn't even welcome unless it's to sit in judgment of others who aren't liberal secularists to condone a liberal secularist agenda.
Glinda, the Good Witch of the North

" You have no power here!
Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!"
W of Oz

Peace
LCNLin

United States

#1031422 Nov 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NYC Bocajew Pope-worshipper...
More California couples tied the knot in July following the U.S. Supreme CourtÂ’s historic ruling allowing same-sex marriages in the state than in any other month since 2006, according to new data.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031423 Nov 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of losers__Lara Logan has taken a leave of absence after her Benghazi lies came full circle.
Never trust a reporter with a British accent!!!
Logan was set up by Obama as part of his war on women...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1031424 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
JFK supported lower taxes, less government and a strong capitalistic society.
Bill Clinton supported the Welfare Reform Act and less government by announcing the era of big government was over.
Where's the hate?
They both had personal short-comings but they didn't lead like they sat on a throne decreeing their will upon us simple-minded peasants.
I find that both offensive and insulting.
Of course you do.
But you LOVED the leadership style of "THE DECIDER"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031425 Nov 27, 2013
Obama, who has said he feels personally responsible that the law has made things difficult for his fellow Democrats, adopted a more assertive tone when discussing it with donors and supporters - signaling he hoped his fellow party members would follow suit.

"We're going to continue to implement the healthcare law. The product is good, people want it and we should not live in a country where people are going bankrupt just because they get sick," he said.

"And anybody who is going to keep on pushing against that, they will meet my resistance because I am willing to fix any problems that there are, but I am not going to abandon people to make sure that they have got health insurance in this country."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/obam...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1031426 Nov 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is the original "birther"....
Bah! She lost too, didn't she?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031427 Nov 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice the drop in comments on A C A?
The party line must have changed.
There's nothing more to say when the goose is already cooked.

Just another few days and we'll find out if Obama's promise of the website being functional is just another broken promise.

In another month, we'll find out if this goose is not only cooked - but burnt.

80 million insured on employer-based insurance will be cancelled.

And that's just the beginning. When people find out much this goose is going to cost them, they'll be ordering take-out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031428 Nov 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
They also seem quiet on Iran ....
Iran is already changing the terms of the agreement and rejecting the Obama version...

...relaxation of sanctions is all they care about, will ignore the nuclear stuff...

total surrender by Obama...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1031429 Nov 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said before, I believe God is not happy about being used as a political tool anymore than he was happy about the temple being used as a "den of robbers". That "whip of cords" awaits them.
What's always been curious for me is how reich wingers hide behind Him to use as a tool... the "my words are God's words" crowd.

To me, the worst of the bunch are the evangelical capitalists.
LCNLin

United States

#1031430 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what it is.
Also...
Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine, recently announced the ACA contains provisions for IPAB, i.e. "death panels", which decide which critically ill patients receive care and which don't.
The Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) is a government-appointed panel who develop and submit proposals to slow the growth of Medicare and private health care spending and improve the quality of care.
In other words, they decide who is worth the expense of an expensive treatment or procedure depending on their quality of life so others can have improved quality of care.
Many of us were telling the truth from the very beginning.
----------
Wicked Witch of the West: Who killed my sister? Who killed the Witch of the East? Was it you?

Dorothy-Carol : No, no. It was an accident. I didn't mean to kill anybody.

Wicked Witch of the West: Well, my little pretty, I can cause accidents, too!
LCNLin

United States

#1031431 Nov 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Check
and
Check Mate - Lilly
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031432 Nov 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
The 911 calls from Sandy Hook will be released next week unless the judge's ruling is appealed.
In Florida those calls would have been released within hours__a day or two tops.
Also read that Lanza and his mother hadn't been talking to one another and communicated only via e-mails yet she still intended to buy him a handgun for Christmas.
They were both nuts__dad and brother hauled azz and never looked back.
911 is useless in these situations...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031433 Nov 27, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Glinda, the Good Witch of the North
" You have no power here!
Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!"
W of Oz
Peace
If you could walk a mile in my shoes, you'd have some idea of what you're talking about.

Lost count of the number of times some liberals suddenly found Jesus and tried to beat me up using Bible scriptures or sat in judgment on their liberal secularist progressive thrones while demonizing all Christians at any other time.

You know not of what you speak, my liberal friend.

But don't tell me. You're Glenda, the Good Witch of the North.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031434 Nov 27, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ever hear of spell check?
Helpful tool for tools like you lacking education.
crawl back in your hole, you child-molesting teacher wannabe...
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1031435 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting; also read that he hadn't left the house in months. She taught him to shoot and he killed her. It would almost be poetic if he hadn't killed all those kids too. Should have stuck to his mother and himself. Two less nutjobs in the world.
...and lily makes three.
WOW

New York, NY

#1031436 Nov 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Mr Shitfly, you can pretend you didn't say it all you want.
You were having a GD fit about the ACA bringing the IRS more & more into our private lives by verifying income for subsidies.
You said it.
How do they verify it? By looking at your tax returns you sent them already.
My God Phil. Pull your head out of your ass & look around sometime. Maybe you won't be so GD stupid all the time.
TMy post to which you responded was directed at one of you ignorant buddies who claimed the IRS was running healthcare.
If you can't keep up with a conversation, STFU.
Dunb A$$ dave is back from designing and fixing the disastercare website hahahahahahalolololo the circus is back in town the clown real dave is back talking $hit the expert
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031437 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Hillary won the primaries with real voters, but lost in a rigged caucus system...
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1031438 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
the Monicare Lewinskyscare Act, the First Black President Clinton Blacks Desertion,the democratic nomination and the original ObamaHillaryScare...so far...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1031439 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then, he certainly must not be happy with a lot of liberals who invoke His name at every opportunity to push liberal secularism where God isn't even welcome unless it's to sit in judgment of others who aren't liberal secularists to condone a liberal secularist agenda.
How can that be son?

Reich wingers claim non cons are atheists.

Now you're making religion a toss salad!
LCNLin

United States

#1031440 Nov 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing more to say when the goose is already cooked.
Just another few days and we'll find out if Obama's promise of the website being functional is just another broken promise.
In another month, we'll find out if this goose is not only cooked - but burnt.
80 million insured on employer-based insurance will be cancelled.
And that's just the beginning. When people find out much this goose is going to cost them, they'll be ordering take-out.
You are into cooking today?

Day before thanksgiving is not too serious on thread?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Rshermr 63,271
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 313,372
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 71,375
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun mexico 20,845
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Sat mike 320
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) Feb 17 John 12
Morse School of Business, Where are they now? (Dec '06) Feb 16 Tim hoyt 19

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages