Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1681993 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1031197 Nov 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> patheos.com is about as honest as Orwell's Ministry of Truth. On patheos the only truth is whatever they want you to believe.
I think it's highly suspect that an atheist dominated site so completely supports a president who "claims" to be Christian. There is no such thing as *coincidence" in politics.
Consider the "coincidence" of Obama's intense interest in his Brain Initiative and Sam Harris' very serious desire to eliminate free will from the brains of religionists. The apathy of one group towards those they believe as relatively harmless will inflict more pain on innocent humans than any pogrom that was instituted in Europe. People need to step away from all the thought-stopping techniques flooding from the media and WAKE UP to the personal agendas the rich and powerful are planning on controlling them with! Apparently they are no longer satisfied with using everyday propaganda and brainwashing techniques. Funny how our tax dollars are used against us, ain't it? What's even funnier is how we never get a vote on the things that really matter like what that money's spent on. How convenient that is. Land of the free, my azz.
I've said it before elsewhere but it bears repeating: we need to begin seeding the Solar System. The concentration of poison her on Earth is gathering strength.

Freedom needs to leave the soiled nest and spread its wings elsewhere. It is time.

The Magic Negro killed NASA - coincidence?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1031198 Nov 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> As I've stated before. I believe God created the universe and then went on vacation. That is being a Deist. The natural law of nature. There is no 'daddy' watching over us. You make your bed, you live your life, and when it is over, it is over.
God is spirit. He is called "father" as a loving term of endearment. There is a spirit world. It exists just as flesh and blood exists. Our five senses allow us to experience God's love in creation. Our spirit allows us to experience God's love.

Love and the power of love has to come from somewhere. I believe Christ was who he said he was, and he said God is love and truth...and spirit.

My belief is that all life in the universe was created by the same source or God and that we are all somehow interconnected. Just how, I don't know. Just know we are.

It doesn't make sense to me that God would create the entire universe and all life in the universe and then say "see ya'".

How does that make sense to you?
dumbdem

Satellite Beach, FL

#1031199 Nov 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure son!
Let's see how you back this up!
lol! moronobamaloverfckfacedaughter forsure say what? lol!

Lapeer, MI

#1031200 Nov 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's easy with the stupidity you people put out son!
You find a dead housefly inside of your windowsill amazing.

Simple minds experience simple amazements, simple amusements and sexual abuse.

You have callouses in very strange places, don't you?

Lapeer, MI

#1031201 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is spirit. He is called "father" as a loving term of endearment. There is a spirit world. It exists just as flesh and blood exists. Our five senses allow us to experience God's love in creation. Our spirit allows us to experience God's love.
Love and the power of love has to come from somewhere. I believe Christ was who he said he was, and he said God is love and truth...and spirit.
My belief is that all life in the universe was created by the same source or God and that we are all somehow interconnected. Just how, I don't know. Just know we are.
It doesn't make sense to me that God would create the entire universe and all life in the universe and then say "see ya'".
If God created the Multiverse consisting of infinite other universes, it may be just like you wrote that He said "Seeya!"

And that's why we are driven to pursue Him wherever He might be at this moment. Does that make sense to you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031202 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
if God was around and in charge, a turd like Obama would never be President....unless God wanted to punish America...
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031203 Nov 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you're wrong...
Realbrother is a man, not a boy like Obama or njraider or Dumbass Dave or Ghost/Yeah/whatever...
And you call yourself a man I guess? lol! CITFO! You're nothing more than a conspiracy theorist, trying to find logic in your racism. I read your comment about " blowing the hoodie wearing mutherfucka away." Why have'nt you done it yet? I'll answer that for you, you're a freaking coward with nuts the size of peanuts. I'm willing to bet you don't venture too far from you single wide! I'M DARING YOU COWARD TOO APPROACH HOODIE MAN, whoever that may be. Take a witness so they can explain the outcome in details, giving your dead ass won't be able to.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031204 Nov 26, 2013
The Obama administration, in what’s been called an egregious slap in the face to the Vatican, has moved to shut down the U.S. Embassy to the Holy See — a free-standing facility — and relocate offices onto the grounds of the larger American Embassy in Italy.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031205 Nov 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You find a dead housefly inside of your windowsill amazing.
Simple minds experience simple amazements, simple amusements and sexual abuse.
You have callouses in very strange places, don't you?
Ah! So you're 'complex' then?

No wonder you're lost... as usual!

Orlando, FL

#1031206 Nov 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
selfish is intruding where unwanted...
Who says they're not wanted? In places like China and Russia, for example, people are hungry to hear the good news of Christ's love and forgiveness. They often meet in secret to worship and have to whisper not to be detected.

Who would do that unless they wanted to be there or were being offered something missing in their lives?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031207 Nov 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said it before elsewhere but it bears repeating: we need to begin seeding the Solar System. The concentration of poison her on Earth is gathering strength.
Freedom needs to leave the soiled nest and spread its wings elsewhere. It is time.
The Magic Negro killed NASA - coincidence?
lol!

"Making a Fool of yourself must be fun and easy if you keep on doing it!!- shiningelectr0n
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031208 Nov 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If God created the Multiverse consisting of infinite other universes, it may be just like you wrote that He said "Seeya!"
And that's why we are driven to pursue Him wherever He might be at this moment. Does that make sense to you?
lol!

"Allah Akbar!" - shiningelectr0n
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031209 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says they're not wanted? In places like China and Russia, for example, people are hungry to hear the good news of Christ's love and forgiveness. They often meet in secret to worship and have to whisper not to be detected.
Who would do that unless they wanted to be there or were being offered something missing in their lives?
fine, but be willing to pay the price when you break the laws of a foreign country....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031210 Nov 26, 2013
nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>And you call yourself a man I guess? lol! CITFO! You're nothing more than a conspiracy theorist, trying to find logic in your racism. I read your comment about " blowing the hoodie wearing mutherfucka away." Why have'nt you done it yet? I'll answer that for you, you're a freaking coward with nuts the size of peanuts. I'm willing to bet you don't venture too far from you single wide! I'M DARING YOU COWARD TOO APPROACH HOODIE MAN, whoever that may be. Take a witness so they can explain the outcome in details, giving your dead ass won't be able to.
silly little boy...

unlike you and your kind, Galt doesn't look for trouble, just stays prepared...

Orlando, FL

#1031211 Nov 26, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about mankind seeking and pursuing God.

Even Indians and tribal people believe in the spirit world and some version of God.

But anyone who seeks him, finds him. That's been true for a long time too. When Christ came to us, he introduced him.
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031212 Nov 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> patheos.com is about as honest as Orwell's Ministry of Truth. On patheos the only truth is whatever they want you to believe.
I think it's highly suspect that an atheist dominated site so completely supports a president who "claims" to be Christian. There is no such thing as *coincidence" in politics.
Consider the "coincidence" of Obama's intense interest in his Brain Initiative and Sam Harris' very serious desire to eliminate free will from the brains of religionists. The apathy of one group towards those they believe as relatively harmless will inflict more pain on innocent humans than any pogrom that was instituted in Europe. People need to step away from all the thought-stopping techniques flooding from the media and WAKE UP to the personal agendas the rich and powerful are planning on controlling them with! Apparently they are no longer satisfied with using everyday propaganda and brainwashing techniques. Funny how our tax dollars are used against us, ain't it? What's even funnier is how we never get a vote on the things that really matter like what that money's spent on. How convenient that is. Land of the free, my azz.
Are you serious? That's exactly what religion does, eliminate free will. It's either GOD or the devils fault. Man is not accountable for anything in you folks eyes. Incase you did'nt know, research the apostle Paul's version of CHRISTIANITY! It definitly does'nt match the version you follow. You worship the emperor constatine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1031213 Nov 26, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
there are "Americans" who welcome Islamic terrorists and who meet them in secret...doesn't mean that the country should tolerate them...

Orlando, FL

#1031214 Nov 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
fine, but be willing to pay the price when you break the laws of a foreign country....
Missionaries know the risk more than anyone. And are willing to take it.

Missionaries work with people who are lacking necessities of life. They build facilities for fresh drinking water, food supply, education and clothing/shoes. They also teach people to be self-reliant. They meet the physical needs as well as the spiritual.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1031215 Nov 26, 2013
lol! Awwwwww..... not good for the reich wing and t-pers!

"IRS pushes to rein in tax-exempt political groups
Email this Story

Nov 26, 11:36 PM (ET)

By ANDREW TAYLOR

WASHINGTON (AP)- The Obama administration Tuesday launched a bid to rein in the use of tax-exempt groups for political campaigning.

The effort is an attempt to reduce the role of loosely regulated big-money political outfits like GOP political guru Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS and the pro-Obama Priorities USA.

The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department said they want to prohibit such groups from using "candidate-related political activity" like running ads, registering voters or distributing campaign literature as activities that qualify them to be tax-exempt "social welfare" organizations.

The agencies say there will be a lengthy comment period before any regulations will be finalized. That means groups like Crossroads and Priorities USA will be able to collect millions of dollars from anonymous donors ahead of next year's campaign.

(AP) In this Tuesday, June 4, 2013, file photo, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman, Rep....
Full Image
"This proposed guidance is a first critical step toward creating clear-cut definitions of political activity by tax-exempt social welfare organizations," said Mark Mazur, treasury assistant secretary for tax policy. "We are committed to getting this right before issuing final guidance that may affect a broad group of organizations. It will take time to work through the regulatory process and carefully consider all public feedback as we strive to ensure that the standards for tax-exemption are clear and can be applied consistently."

Organized under section 501(c)(4) of the tax code, such groups are able to raise millions of dollars to influence elections. But they can also be small-scale tea party groups, many of which say they were harassed by the IRS after seeking tax exempt status.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., was skeptical of the administration's move.

"There continues to be an ongoing investigation, with many documents yet to be uncovered, into how the IRS systematically targeted and abused conservative-leaning groups," he said. "This smacks of the administration trying to shut down potential critics."

The 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision lifted the limits on donations by labor unions and companies to 501(c)(4) groups, allowing Crossroads, the largest of them, to raise large sums outside the limits that apply to candidates' campaigns and traditional party committees.

"Enormous abuses have taken place under the current rules, which have allowed groups largely devoted to campaign activities to operate as nonprofit groups in order to keep secret the donors funding their campaign activities," said Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21, which advocates limits on money in politics.

Under current rules, social welfare organizations may conduct some political work as long as it's not their main activity. The proposed new rules would block such things as running ads that "expressly advocate for a clearly identified political candidate or candidates of a political party" as fulfilling their tax-exempt mission. And ads that simply mention a politician to, for instance, urge him or her to vote a certain way couldn't be run 60 days before a general election of 30 days before a primary...."
nj raider 1

Vineland, NJ

#1031216 Nov 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
silly little boy...
unlike you and your kind, Galt doesn't look for trouble, just stays prepared...
It's a non factor. I'm not in the strees anymore, and you're afraid of the ghetto. I can only wish, but there's real gangsta's out there. Real gangsta's, not Trayvon Martin playing 1, or sadly mistaken for 1. Try your luck tough guy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Susanm 326,213
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr TRUTH TOLD 21,376
NAACP For Who? 16 hr three blocks 1
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 21 hr Ken 89
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Tue Into The Night 64,397
News Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim speaks outside the C... Jan 14 America Gentleman... 3
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Jan 14 Plotts 61

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages