Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534353 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1028920 Nov 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
$200K for thermostats!
In Afghanistan!!!!
"You might be surprised to learn that Sayed Bilal Sadath Construction Company, the contractor who received the $300,000 overpayment, hasn't sent it back. And why would they? They were paid $200,000 for thermostats only worth $2,000,"
http://theweek.com/article/index/253258/how-o...
Should have read the entire piece.

Sayad Bilal Sadath Construction Company (SBSCC) of Melbourne Australia has performed various projects for the US since 2002, contracts are in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if this company was connected in some way to the CIA.

Not sure about your source__obviously you found the story's "idiots" version.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1028921 Nov 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it's Mob Rule now-liberals aka democrats aka progressives don't want the minorities to be heard. O'bama will stack the courts with communists, hell he can appoint Van Jones and William Ayers to the court--and the liberals will sing and dance.
The anti-democratic party of America strikes again.
LCNLin

United States

#1028923 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watch the O'Reilly Factor for one week. Or Sean Hannity. Or both. Or mix them up. Have a barf bag nearby just in case - but you might be surprised at the diversity of opinions - which is the definition of fair and balanced..at least the last time I looked.
They both have some pretty leftwing guests who have no problem articulating their points of view.
LOL
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028924 Nov 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
All SS agents should be vetted by the new President; who wants a dickhead like him in charge of protecting you?
The vodka taking gain. Go smoke another weed, wide butt moron.
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028925 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
All SS agents should be vetted by the new President; who wants a dickhead like him in charge of protecting you?
Aren't you late for dinner?
LCNLin

United States

#1028926 Nov 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The vodka taking gain. Go smoke another weed, wide butt moron.
"Now...it's Tee-Time for you. Go sit on one" - shinningelectr0n
LCNLin

United States

#1028927 Nov 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>President Paul? Gee, where'd you copy that from without citation? Even Methmouth-Goes-To-Grayson wouldn't touch that one with a ten-foot still...
She may be on medication as is ill this week.
Medication helps when supporting republicans
OBAMA the GENIUS

Angier, NC

#1028928 Nov 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMACARE KICKED MY AZZZZZ. I VOTED FOR THE TARD! MITT ROMNEY!
I know, LOSER!

How many years of crying?

19 more to go for sure.

Why do you hate citizens?

Why do you think a billionaire needs tax help?

Do you think GOD cares if a man has 6 luxury homes and kicks poor kids to the curb?

I think our actions for our fellow man is GOD's worry.

Not how much money you screwed the other guys out of.

Why does one guy worth a thousand million dollars need tax help from Republicans?

And then they cut food aid for poor kids and families.

What is up with that?

IT'S EVIL.

REPUBLICANS GOING TO HELL. LOL!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1028930 Nov 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No pal it's you and your chorus of flakes who are idiot's.
no pal? Lol...you prove my point e v e r y d a y
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1028931 Nov 22, 2013
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-KY) re-election campaign has a response for the Senate Conservatives Fund's (SCF) accusation that McConnell rolled over as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) changed Senate filibuster rules: that's "profoundly stupid."

"That argument is so profoundly stupid that it is hard to fully ascertain whether their deficiency is in math or logic," McConnell campaign spokeswoman Allison Moore told TPM on Friday. "It does however help further illuminate why SCF is so bad at what they do."

"What's stupid is for Mitch McConnell to think that appeasement is a winning strategy," Senate Conservatives Fund executive director Matt Hoskins said to TPM in response to Moore.

Moore's statement on Friday is in response to a fundraising email from SCF, which is backing McConnell primary challenger Matt Bevin, arguing that Reid was able to enact the "nuclear option" removing the filibuster option from judicial and executive nominees.

"Harry Reid did this because he knows Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) will let him get away with it,"Hoskins wrote in an email to supporters Friday. "The only way to deter a nuclear attack is to make it clear that the response will be equally devastating. Unfortunately, weakness is the only message Mitch McConnell has sent the Democrats on this issue."

The original statements by both Moore and Hoskins come a day after the Senate rules change. Right after the rules change Bevin's campaign released a similarly critical statement of McConnell.

"Kentuckians deserve better than a pretend leader who does nothing more than wave his arms for the cameras," Bevin said in a statement referring to McConnell.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconne...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1028932 Nov 22, 2013
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-democratic party of America strikes again.
That's anti-DEMOCRAT party, a**hole. Big difference.
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1028933 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
True, a dickhead like Obama shouldn't ever be in charge of anything, as we have witnessed over the last 5 horrendous years.
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028934 Nov 22, 2013
I think we should document how the "Topix Mods" Censor some conservative posts and notify the news media about what is going on.

I'm considering doing so with the contacts I have as I know they will look into it.

The CEO of Topix (Chris) will not be pleased with the Mod for making a hassle for him.
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028935 Nov 22, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, LOSER!
How many years of crying?
19 more to go for sure.
Why do you hate citizens?
Why do you think a billionaire needs tax help?
Do you think GOD cares if a man has 6 luxury homes and kicks poor kids to the curb?
I think our actions for our fellow man is GOD's worry.
Not how much money you screwed the other guys out of.
Why does one guy worth a thousand million dollars need tax help from Republicans?
And then they cut food aid for poor kids and families.
What is up with that?
IT'S EVIL.
REPUBLICANS GOING TO HELL. LOL!
Is life fun for you as an insane individual?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1028936 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest problem for conservative candidates in 2016 is where to begin.
Why not just stick with the usual formula? Anti abortion, anti gay marriage, anti public education, anti healthcare,....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1028937 Nov 22, 2013
Memo to the Secret Service:

The head of the Christian American Patriots Militia has put out an open call on Facebook for the assassination of President Obama.
“We now have authority to shoot Obama, i.e., to kill him,” writes Everest Wilhelmsen on his personal Facebook page.

http://www.dailykos.com/
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028938 Nov 22, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
DEMOCRATS ALL GOING TO HELL? LOL!

By the way, I am insane.

Sure are,

have fun down there, hot pokers await!

Why should the fed gov guarantee destruction of medical insurance for citizens?

If insurance co.'s are providing coverage the vast majority like,

then the government must stay out!

That is what the ACA is screwing up.

Leftting a wrong.

Only a Democrat going to hell would want citizens to not have coverage available.

They just did that by Obamacare forcing the cancellation of millions of policies people were happy with,

Only a hell bound Democrat would lie about cutting food aid to poor kids.

Only a Democrat going to hell would cut jobs and be hell bent on Obamacare.

Well, Democrats did all this! This year!

And they demand more welfare for the lazy!

While America rings up record war debt, they want to deprive the gov its due!

Obama:$6 TRILLION borrowed for wars!
What a waste!

Do you care? Hell no.

You just want citizens to die in the street without medical insurance.

Like I said before evil Democrats:

Democrats all going to hell. LOL!

(at least you know in advance! have fun in hell for eternity, evil ones!)
Good Post!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1028939 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
This one is a true pos who's been discussed on this thread before. He dishonored the Secret Service for personal gain__fk him and Lois Lame too.
Waxman

New York, NY

#1028940 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not just stick with the usual formula? Anti abortion, anti gay marriage, anti public education, anti healthcare,....
Liar!

Anti abortion (lie - truth/correction: late term abortion)

anti gay marriage (lie - truth/correction: Many Republicans voted for it)

anti public education (lie - truth/correction: Anti-Union - Yo' Money)

Lily = Hyperbole
anti healthcare (lie - truth/correction: Anti-Obamacare - shut out by Demon-C-RATS)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1028941 Nov 22, 2013
Memo to the Secret Service:
The head of the Christian American Patriots Militia has put out an open call on Facebook for the assassination of President Obama.
“We now have authority to shoot Obama, i.e., to kill him,” writes Everest Wilhelmsen on his personal Facebook page.
http://www.dailykos.com/
Daily Kos? The Onion and The Enquire -some reading list there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min ThomasA 314,299
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 25 min bayonne nj 21,037
News Bridgeport man pleads guilty to offering teen f... 5 hr Gavone 7
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) May 20 jowls humaway 71,287
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95
News Bankruptcy Should Be A Last Resort For Struggli... May 18 America Gentleman... 1
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) May 16 SharkHunter 325

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages