Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
943,221 - 943,240 of 1,080,446 Comments Last updated 39 min ago
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
As the anniversary of Kennedy's death approaches, I'll remind everyone it was a far left nutjob who killed him.
He was killed with a gun, right?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one here comes close to the likes of you, USAsince1680 and a few others in the useful idiot department.
You've had your heads stuck so far up Obama's a** you couldn't hear him lying to the rest of the country.
lol! Why son? All I do is sit here and watch reich wing idiots complain about one thing after another, hoping something will stick.

Well, now you have ACA, thanks to Obama's openess.

After all, even bushie boy couldn't admit he lied to Americans or his allies about iraq! Now THAT was a lie!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wish more talking heads would speak up and remind Oprah and blacks defending her statement that it was the left who made race an issue.
No one else.
If you make a Left Turn and then continue making a Left Turn constantly, you end up going in circles to the Left.
The Magic Negro got dizzy and needs to take a golf break.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
You still fellating the backstabbing traitor Kerry?
You hate vets don't you son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
True story:
10 year old: why does the president talk so funny?
LMAO
What was the answer son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit lying, we know you signed up to teach negroes how to wash their peckers properly. For free.
lol! You are just sooooo fixated on black peckers son.

Pure envy on your part!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Still pouting? Try holding your breath! That will show me!
lol! Not on my part son.

After all, I'm still smarter than you!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Does anyone think Obama & Democrats are honest?
I'm waiting for Obama to sent out Susan Rice to tell everyone Obama's lie about keeping your doctor and insurance policy was "because of the Youtube video".
Well, unlike you they're American son!
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, unlike you they're American son!
he might post some Canadian politics?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Awwwww........ Zimmerman is back in jail again?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>he might post some Canadian politics?
I thought he was ruskie!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You hate vets don't you son?
Heck no. One saved my cat after a Liberal ran it over on their way to the Welfare Office.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I thought he was ruskie!
seems to support the Russians.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

How quickly this thread's LIEberal democRATS have abandoned ship while their Master and Commander flounders in a roiling sea of lies.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to support the Russians.
he certainly doesn't support America!

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency department use has increased substantially over the past 15 years, mostly
because of increased use by people with private insurance and other health coverage.
While emergency department crowding is often attributed to the uninsured, their use of
emergency departments is considerably less than privately insured people. Increases in
emergency department visits by the uninsured account for only a small share of the overall
increase in emergency department volumes.
Statement of Peter Cunningham, Ph.D., Center for Studying Health System Change, before the U.S. Senate,
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, May 11, 2011
Gee, you posted something interesting for a change.(Picture me flabbergasted).

From your article:

"Medicaid enrollees have by far the highest per person use of hospital emergency departments..." So, when Peter Cunningham speaks of the uninsured vs the insured, he's grouping those on Medicaid with those who are privately insured. It stands to reason that those would outnumber the uninsured.

My first thought was, "Oh, Oh, adding millions to Medicaid is going to make a mess of emergency rooms". Then, I reminded myself that the whole purpose of the ACA is to see that people get preventive treatment before their illnesses become acute. People on Medicaid are naturally sicker. Perhaps we won't see the positive effects on emergency rooms right away. People are too sick. But, it will happen.

Even Peter Cunningham believes that "shifting emergency department use for non-urgent health problems to primary care providers in the community to relieve crowded emergency departments, lower the costs of care and improve the quality of care" is a good idea for those on Medicaid as "the potential cost savings to the Medicaid program could be substantial." As Cunningham noted in your article, "Few emergency department visits are truly nonurgent."

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-11...
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Republican problems

Washington's been abuzz today over the Cheney family's public dispute about same-sex marriage. The rift between Liz, the Wyoming Senate hopeful, and her sister Mary, a lesbian, had all the elements of a 'Game Change' vignette: marquee names, internal conflict, even a hot-button social issue, and topped the homepages of the country's major news outlets -- including this one.

Meanwhile, the folks in Casper, Jackson Hole, Cody and Cheyenne seem relatively ambivalent.

"These types of tiffs between the two sisters, that really isnít the headline drawer for us," Kyle Roerink, the State Reporter for the Casper Star-Tribune, Wyoming's most influential paper, told POLITICO. "What we want to report on here in Wyoming, what matters most, is where they stand on policy. It's clear where both the candidates stand on gay marriage, and its been clear since day one."

Jim Angell, the executive director of the Wyoming Press Association, said the battle between the Cheney sisters "seems to be an unimportant piece of the debate," the kind of fodder that could find its way to "a gossip column" but wouldn't have any real effect on how people vote.

To be sure, the news will get play in the local press -- how could it not? For the local papers covering Cheney's bid against incumbent Republican Sen. Mike Enzi, an intra-family conflict involving the former vice president of the United States is news you can't ignore. But it's hardly the sort of front-page, talk-of-the-town story that has gripped Washington. Indeed, few Wyomingites see it as a major issue in the campaign, local journalists told POLITICO, nor one that is likely to have much traction after tomorrow.

The reason for the relative apathy is two-fold, they said. First, the prospects for gay marriage legislation in conservative Wyoming are, for the time being, nearly non-existent. Moreoever, the state's voters are far more preoccupied with other issues.

(PHOTOS: 10 fiery quotes from Liz Cheney)

Second, Cheney's stance on same-sex marriage is well-known. Though opponents have tried to portray her as being pro-gay marriage -- a push-poll in August asked voters if they were aware that Cheney "aggressively promotes gay marriage" -- Cheney has long said marriage should be decided by the states.

In mid-September, Kerry Drake, a columnist for the WyoFile Capitol Beat, declared that with both candidates "in the Republican mainstream on same-sex marriage, itís not an issue in the Wyoming race, at least in and of itself." At most, Wyoming voters would be upset "that Cheney effectively threw her sister under the bus on this issue."

"When it comes to gay marriage and all this, I donít think thatís what the core base of voters is really too concerned with, because right off the bat theyíve known both of the candidateís stance on the issue since the beginning. It doesnít seem like the number one issue here," Roerink said.ďWhat Wyomingites need to do is decipher between Liz Cheney the sister and Liz Cheney the candidate. This feud that erupted yesterday is just one more step in that deciphering process."

Add to this that the Cheney-Enzi race isn't exactly a nail-biter and has more than eight months to go. Enzi is up by 53 points, according to internal polling conducted by the anti-Cheney super PAC American Principles Fund. That lead may be overstated -- the super PAC has spent weeks attacking Cheney -- but it's not wholly unrepresentative.

Indeed, some cited sheer civility as a reason to give the story short shrift: "Iím not saying itís a conscious thing,[but] after Lizís campaign had so many missteps and so many problems, thereís a sense maybe amongst some --'Well, gosh letís just not pile on this issue. Nobody else makes a big thing out of it. Weíve covered it lets move on,'" said Bruce McCormack, editor and publisher of the twice-weekly Cody Enterprise.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

The lack of excitement among Wyoming's press corps is important because newspapers are a major player in the state's political process, according to Angell. There are 44 newspapers in Wyoming serving a population of less than 600,000. With the exception of statewide papers like the Casper Star-Tribune (circ. 25,000), most of these papers cater to the concerns of locals, who read the papers in order to understand where candidates stand on issues.

"If Liz shows up to do a town hall, the local paper will do a story. If she releases new policy points, the papers will do a story," Angell explained. "What's not catching on is this whole battle between the Cheney sisters."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

There are only 10 regular right wing nut job posters on here and they use a 100 sock puppets to make it look like a popular movement. They are pretty easy to spot when a "HELLO" post gets marked with a bunch of brilliant judge its.

But the bottom line is they are all bigots, not in the least bit concerned about BIG picture stuff. Their knowledge stops within a 100 mile radius of where they live & that's it. The rest they make up, and Oprah was right when she made the comment about no respect for the office because who is in it.
No doubt that will be a talking point on Fox for weeks to come, the formula there is the same as the formula here. Nothing to offer but whine day in day out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you posted something interesting for a change.(Picture me flabbergasted).
From your article:
"Medicaid enrollees have by far the highest per person use of hospital emergency departments..." So, when Peter Cunningham speaks of the uninsured vs the insured, he's grouping those on Medicaid with those who are privately insured. It stands to reason that those would outnumber the uninsured.
My first thought was, "Oh, Oh, adding millions to Medicaid is going to make a mess of emergency rooms". Then, I reminded myself that the whole purpose of the ACA is to see that people get preventive treatment before their illnesses become acute. People on Medicaid are naturally sicker. Perhaps we won't see the positive effects on emergency rooms right away. People are too sick. But, it will happen.
Even Peter Cunningham believes that "shifting emergency department use for non-urgent health problems to primary care providers in the community to relieve crowded emergency departments, lower the costs of care and improve the quality of care" is a good idea for those on Medicaid as "the potential cost savings to the Medicaid program could be substantial." As Cunningham noted in your article, "Few emergency department visits are truly nonurgent."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-07-11...
...and you clearly need the drug abuse component of ObamaKKKare...

preventive care is a joke....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••