Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1026235 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ridiculous. People go to the emergency room when they don't have insurance because they can't be turned away. People who have a regular doctor do not go to the emergency room for the "common cold". Obamacare will fix the problem not exasperate it.
Emergency department use has increased substantially over the past 15 years, mostly
because of increased use by people with private insurance and other health coverage.
While emergency department crowding is often attributed to the uninsured, their use of
emergency departments is considerably less than privately insured people. Increases in
emergency department visits by the uninsured account for only a small share of the overall
increase in emergency department volumes.

Statement of Peter Cunningham, Ph.D., Center for Studying Health System Change, before the U.S. Senate,
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, May 11, 2011

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1026236 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! He climbed into a cockpit for two years of training and even then he didn't have enough flight hours to qualify for combat! Can't get much more rear than that!
"uselesssinceforever "
While Bush was climbing into a cockpit and serving his country, president nobama was suckingcock, engaging in gay sex, using crack and smoking pot.
Peace
KMA

Prevented this

#1026237 Nov 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
More VILE Progressive/Liberal hate..
Bashir: "I hope that someone cr**s in her mouth and p**s in her eyes."
He stated this during is MSNBC show.
That's not a VILE Progressive/Liberal/Democrat.. .that is an AVERAGE Progressive/Liberal/Democrat!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1026238 Nov 18, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you stop motoring your big, opinionated mouth and build a solar plant, peon?
OH, what did you say? You want other people's money?
Yes, I thought so.
If your big opinionated mouth (which is much larger than your brain) had a clue, you would be pointing out what a failure your corrupt Obama & Democrats are with energy policy.
That idiot could have started realistic initiatives 5 years ago instead of saying "it takes too long".
Solar is not there yet and the pollution & chemicals used to make solar suck.
Biodiesel on the other hand is something that has potential to reduce the need for gas & coal in plants & cars. It requires the use of one caustic chemical that is easy to contain.
People applied to build a biodiesel plant near me, but it was blocked. By liberals of course. These same liberals that killed it have no problem using chemicals on their lawns and then drinking the well water.
You liberals are all brain dead.
We have a nuclear power plant not too far from here (San Luis Obispo) and, as I just said, we have a terrific solar power plant in the desert. I think we (Californians) are doing more for planet earth than people in Connectadot.

I do not support corn-based ethanol or biodiesels. Too many negatives. Have you ever driven through an area that has been transformed from cultivating crops for food to cultivating corn for ethanol? It's pathetic. Heck, corn, with it's high water requirement, has already put stress on the fresh water supplies in the Great Plains and central Southwest. No the way to go.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1026239 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
AARP is NOT the sole provider of Medicare Advantage. There are many private companies(Humana Inc., Aetna Inc., WellPoint, Kaiser) that contract with Medicare to provide Medicare Advantage plans.
United Health Care has been in trouble ever since its April 1 takeover of the $20.5 billion contract to administer delivery of health care in Tricare’s 21-state West Region.een In fact, they have been so horrible the Pentagon has twice stepped in to allow doctors to circumvent UnitedHealth Care's incompetence.
"UnitedHealthcare Military and Veterans apologized for delays caused by what it called an unexpectedly large caseload."
43 national medical associations and 40 state medical societies have complained to Medicare administrator Marilyn Tavenner about UnitedHealthcare's timing and tactics. IMO, they are using the ACA as an excuse to get dig themselves out of a hole.
http://www.startribune.com/business/213994101...
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
I stand corrected as I thought most had abandoned the program due to the changes caused by ACA, but a few are still around.

Fewer Medicare Advantage plans in 2014, analysis finds

"Factors for the drop in MA plans include continued phase-in of payment cuts under the Affordable Care Act, modifications to the CMS risk-adjustment model, implementation of new medical loss ratio requirements for Medicare Advantage, and application of the new health insurer fee, Avalere noted. Around 80% of counties in Southern and Midwestern states will see a reduction in MA plan options. Click here to see a table of Medicare Advantage plans by type.

"The multitude of payment changes for MA plans under the ACA are taking root and starting to broadly impact the number and types of plans available in the market," said Matt Eyles, executive vice president of Avalere Health.

There will be a 13% drop in Special Needs Plans (SNPs) in 2014, the company also noted. Additionally, HMO offerings are expected to grow while Preferred Provider Organization offerings will decline."

http://www.mcknights.com/fewer-medicare-advan...

Prevented this

#1026240 Nov 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes you think these people will bother to get a "regular doctor" before their child gets sick?...or can find a doctor willing to take them as patients?...or will wait until they can get an appointment?...
Bingo!!!
Increases in emergency department visits reflect a more general increase in the demand for
ambulatory care, and it should be emphasized that physician office visits have increased at
an even higher rate than emergency department visits. As office-based physicians struggle
with growing practice capacity constraints, some of the excess demand is spilling over into
hospital EDs. For their part, some patients prefer going to the emergency department—
even when they have a primary care physician—because emergency departments are open
24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Statement of Peter Cunningham, Ph.D., Center for Studying Health System Change, before the U.S. Senate,
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, May 11, 2011

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1026241 Nov 18, 2013
Progressives are poor losers...
'Homes raided, subpoenas issued targeting conservative groups and allies of Scott Walker'
http://capitolcityproject.com/homes-raided-su...

Location hidden

#1026242 Nov 18, 2013
I am glad we have a Congress...

"White House working with insurers to bypass HealthCare.gov : WSJ"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101198671
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1026243 Nov 18, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Emergency department use has increased substantially over the past 15 years, mostly
because of increased use by people with private insurance and other health coverage.
While emergency department crowding is often attributed to the uninsured, their use of
emergency departments is considerably less than privately insured people. Increases in
emergency department visits by the uninsured account for only a small share of the overall
increase in emergency department volumes.
I have seen people wait until 5:30 pm to seek care because insurance co-deductibles were less for the ER.

Also to avoid use of drop-in clinics by Medicaid patients. Really don't understand this logic, but signs are posted warning they may to pay for visit if not an emergency.
LCNLin

United States

#1026245 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ridiculous. People go to the emergency room when they don't have insurance because they can't be turned away. People who have a regular doctor do not go to the emergency room for the "common cold". Obamacare will fix the problem not exasperate it.
GOP tale of the emergency room get old.
Need proper health care to prevent diseases ....
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security so this is their pattern
LCNLin

United States

#1026247 Nov 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, I posted Gallup and CNN to prove you wrong again.
And yet you still call me stupid.
ill informed and funny, not stupid
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1026248 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the offenders have insurance or Medicaid.
Both are avoiding the use of available drop-in clinics
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1026249 Nov 18, 2013
killtaker wrote:
I am glad we have a Congress...
"White House working with insurers to bypass HealthCare.gov : WSJ"
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101198671
Is this legal? Can a POTUS knowingly thumb his nose at a law never mind the irony that it was one he wanted.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1026250 Nov 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP tale of the emergency room get old.
Need proper health care to prevent diseases ....
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security so this is their pattern
Students suffer ObamaCare sticker shock as premiums soar, plans cut

ObamaCare is having a major impact on college students across America, as universities are being forced to decide whether to offer significantly higher-cost plans or cancel coverage altogether.

You lie.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1026251 Nov 18, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a VILE Progressive/Liberal/Democrat.. .that is an AVERAGE Progressive/Liberal/Democrat!
It appears to be so.

Nothing is uglier than Progressive/Liberal/Democrat coming to the realization Americans do not want what they are peddling.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1026252 Nov 18, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>If I go missing for a few days you will know. This is insane.
Seriously. No joke.

I think it is safe to assume that the NSA is perusing our comments and perhaps even recording them.

The Boy Messiah smiles so warmly like Josef Mengele greeting his patients.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1026253 Nov 18, 2013
Democrats while Clinton was president:

Republicans want to "cut" social Security!

Truth:

A smaller "increase" more inline with inflation.

Democrats lie...

Location hidden

#1026254 Nov 18, 2013
Some random poster...

“The case of democracy is a case in which the jury has heard only from the defense. Year after year, generation after generation, democracy’s lawyers trot out an ever-changing dog’s breakfast of alibis, character witnesses and Harvard scientists, all singing one tune: the ironclad innocence and stellar nobility of the defendant, who is no more and no less than Gotham’s finest citizen. As for the prosecutor, his corpse has been rotting in the men’s room for years. Sometimes the bailiff, who has a ninth-grade education, a Tennessee accent and a drinking problem, picks up a few pages from his brief and reads them out of order.”

Mencius Moldbug
LCNLin

United States

#1026255 Nov 18, 2013
The biggest Republican-leaning money machines are spending dramatically less this year to help the party ahead of the 2014 Senate elections, two years after millions of dollars in early advertising by outside groups against Democrats backfired in embarrassing losses in otherwise winnable races.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1026256 Nov 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes you think these people will bother to get a "regular doctor" before their child gets sick?...or can find a doctor willing to take them as patients?...or will wait until they can get an appointment?...
IMO, "These" people will be thrilled to be part of a system where they have regular medical care. I don't believe anyone is going to have trouble finding a doctor and I don't know of any doctor that won't fit a patient in if they are sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min J RULES 70,551
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 48,351
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 306,557
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr WPWW 19,465
B & D Automotive, Newington Connecticut 16 hr Marc Dworsky 1
Office Depot Closing Both Metro Hartford Locations Oct '14 West Coast OD emp... 2
Wethersfield woman gangstalked (Sep '09) Oct '14 Anthony Wall 126
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:27 pm PST