Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1017119 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
The great "irony" is your refusal to admit the great failure of our times has been Republican "trickle down" economics, based on the faulty premise that the more government cuts taxes, the more revenue is generated.
The simple fact is, the tax breaks never generated enough new revenue to compensate for what was lost.
So, yes, we are fighting our way out of the ashes, all right. Five terms worth of failed GOP economics.
I guess you missed this:

Bush Has a Good Economic Record - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB12203989072239... ;
The U.S. has outperformed by almost any international measure.

Obama's Economy Is Worse Than Bush's, By Obama's Own ...- Forbes
www.forbes.com/.../obamas-economy-is-worse-th... ;
Oct 1, 2013 - President Obama is fond of saying that he came into office in 2009 when the economy was in free-fall, when we were suffering from the worst ...

Bush Economy Stronger Than Clinton Bubble | The Gateway Pundit
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../bush-economy-str... ;
Apr 9, 2007 - The Bush economy continues its climb back from the Clinton ... a half years ago on President Bush's watch is more robust than the much-touted ...

Throw in the always denied fact Bush had to deal with the Clinton legacy, 9/11.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1017120 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
The great "irony" is your refusal to admit the great failure of our times has been Republican "trickle down" economics, based on the faulty premise that the more government cuts taxes, the more revenue is generated.
The simple fact is, the tax breaks never generated enough new revenue to compensate for what was lost.
So, yes, we are fighting our way out of the ashes, all right. Five terms worth of failed GOP economics.
I have done well under the last 5 presidents, want to hazard a guess as to why? Right now my wife and I are living well and spending money, making employment for others. I benefit from trickle down and others benefit from our spending.

However, if people choose to be indolent and unambitious they'll likely get left behind.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1017121 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of difficult to get things done when the sole goal of the opposition party is to make the president look bad, not help get the country back on its feet.
The country IS on it's feet. Socialized medicine aka single payer, which is the goal of this administration, is NOT the will of the people. Thank God someone is trying to stop it.

Obama needs no help looking bad. He's doing a fine job all by himself. The lies and deceit have become legendary.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1017122 Nov 2, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The country IS on it's feet. Socialized medicine aka single payer, which is the goal of this administration, is NOT the will of the people. Thank God someone is trying to stop it.
Obama needs no help looking bad. He's doing a fine job all by himself. The lies and deceit have become legendary.
Obama is hoping to beat the Republicans to it since originally that was the goal of TR and the Progressive Republicans.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1017123 Nov 2, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done well under the last 5 presidents, want to hazard a guess as to why? Right now my wife and I are living well and spending money, making employment for others. I benefit from trickle down and others benefit from our spending.
However, if people choose to be indolent and unambitious they'll likely get left behind.
Look at Slovakia, Poland, Belgium, Usbekistan, Chile, Ecuador....the list a long and shining example of what happens to economies when government gets out of the way.

And here in America, the Magic Negro exclaims that "You didn't build that!" and then proceeds to choke economic freedom right out of America's lifeblood.

This is the sort of ironic plot one finds in fiction novels....

..but Truth is stranger than fiction.
NFOBANG

Ballwin, MO

#1017124 Nov 2, 2013
Hilliary said, what difference does it make. Really, she didn't have no sons in Benghazi.

Obama, what difference does it make. He's not from America and Passport to leave the country once he finishes driving the country in the ground.

Fall of the Republic viewed 4,153,235
Mr Lib

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1017125 Nov 2, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform - the White House
georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov › News & Policies › October 2008&#8206;
Oct 9, 2008 -(Editorial, "Hear, See And Speak No Evil About Fannie And Freddie," The ... December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to ...
Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com/.../fact-check-obama... ;
Sep 5, 2012 -“On the flip side, President George W. Bush warned the Democratic Congress 17 ... Moreover, Fannie and Freddie acquired “more loans ... And the risk remains high that the administration or Congress could meddle in the ...
The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac ...
nicedeb.wordpress.com/.../the-white-house-war... ;
Sep 21, 2008 - December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to pass .... The Bush administration warned of Fannie and Freddie problems 17 ...
Bush adviser warns of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac risks - MarketWatch
www.marketwatch.com/.../bush-adviser-warns-of... ;
Nov 6, 2003 - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, government-sponsored enterprises created by Congress to help fund home mortgages, enjoy special privileges,...
None of this challenges my fundamental statement, that the immense debt we have today was caused by GOP "trickle down" economics.

Your citations argue the White House was not culpable for the real estate meltdown.

But they fail to exonerate the GOP Majority in Congress for allowing the crisis to careen out of control.

Pointing the finger at Obama doesn't get the Republican congressional majority off the hook for its laxity.

But the biggest issue is the enormous federal deficit which was created by GOP "trickle down" economics.

Check and mate.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#1017126 Nov 2, 2013
Tylenol Just Once A Month Raises A Child's Asthma Risk 540%

11-02-2013

http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/

If you're not familiar with "Magog", this may help:

http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/ds1997/FEB97A....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1017127 Nov 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this is an opinion site...Galt has no socks, unlike you, Jean...
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts and express the lie as your "personal opinion". Got it.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1017128 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax receipts went up every year under Bush. Normally the congres, not the president controls the budget and spending, however Oblama and dirty Harry are using legislative crookery to prevent any budgets or votes on budgets, to enable the obscene spending and more obscene deficits.

Where are the jobs the $85 billion a month are supposed to be creating? Seems like the WS fatcats are doing well.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1017129 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this challenges my fundamental statement, that the immense debt we have today was caused by GOP "trickle down" economics.
Your citations argue the White House was not culpable for the real estate meltdown.
But they fail to exonerate the GOP Majority in Congress for allowing the crisis to careen out of control.
Pointing the finger at Obama doesn't get the Republican congressional majority off the hook for its laxity.
But the biggest issue is the enormous federal deficit which was created by GOP "trickle down" economics.
Check and mate.
see above,$500 billion a year in welfare isn't helping the situation.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1017130 Nov 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
One more time you are correct. My neighbor is really irked at me. A couple of years ago because I was watching I called the police when a couple of losers were cleaning out his garage. Mower, snow blower, tools, kids bike you know just stuff he did not deserve to have. You are right he was pissed.
Peace
KMA
Are you Waxman from CT? Or do you have dementia?

Bozeman, MT

#1017131 Nov 2, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is hoping to beat the Republicans to it since originally that was the goal of TR and the Progressive Republicans.
Ten minutes of research shows that Massachusetts' Romneycare is a bad idea at the state level.

The plan is for Obamacare to be a disaster at the national level, followed by the inevitable single payer.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1017132 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and mate.
check and mate? hogwash. I showed you Bush sounded the alarm on the impending mortgage crisis and Barney Frank had a meltdown on the floor of the House.

Would you like to see the evidence of the dems culpability in creating it in the first place? It started with the CRA.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1017133 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and mate.
What have the poor ever done for anybody? What do they create? Besides problems?
Mr Lib

United States

#1017134 Nov 2, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible to make the situation better when all the president cares about is wealth redistribution, paying tribute to the tree huggers and does zero to create jobs.
When Oblamer proposes something useful I'm sure the repubs will get on board. Right now the country is watching the disastrous healthcare implosion created by the dems.
The usual repertoire of GOP propaganda here.

Wealth redistribution? Yes, I recall how under GW Bush,$125 billion per year in tax payer money was given out to wealthy corporations like XOM and IBM as free stipends.

Nothing like catering to the rich, eh? But that's the GOP way.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1017135 Nov 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the freedom to choose to pay to send your child to parochial school or homeschool him.
You don't have the right to practice your religion in public schools.
Period. Public education funds are not to go to parochial or private schools.
(Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It's been a rather eventful day. Bought a used motorcycle for hubby today.)

But you'd have to have a good reason why education funds cannot go to any school of any parent's choosing.

If we are truly "the land of the free", religious freedom is also a freedom.

Any religious private school that provided a better education but taught the tenets of that religious belief system should be provided to parents because of their freedom to choose.

Why would taxpayers deny them this freedom?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1017137 Nov 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I keep missing those jobs that were supposed to come after Obama gave in to the bushie boy tax cuts son.
Are they like your dows too?
Woulda, shoulda, coulda, Barack Hussein Obama still has hasn't done what he promised and he's been in office for 5+ years. Obama was just one lone vote, Against, get your stories straight.

Bozeman, MT

#1017138 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and mate.
LOL...so the fix is what?$25 per hour minimum wage?$50? Pool all private earnings and hand it out equally?

Let a progressive government run everything?

You blame the GOP for Obama's $6 trillion in new debt?

The GOP is behind union pensions bankrupting cities?

The GOP started the Dept. of Education money pit?

This country started going to sh*t immediately after LBJ's State of the Union address on January 8, 1964. Follow the money and his 'war on poverty.'

You people would hate JFK.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1017139 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and mate.
Get into your time machine...
and go to 1930s Soviet Union and get back to us...

Well, stay there...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 70,988
Merry Christmas everyone. 1 hr teri 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Country Girl 306,951
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,875
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr kal 49,174
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Joe Scarborough And Mika Brzezinski (Jun '09) Dec 9 Bbh252y 64
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 pm PST