Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263781 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1015793 Oct 31, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.. Prove it Dumbass Dave...
It's the culture...
The idea that you did not know that is proof what an uninformed person you are.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015794 Oct 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile, and the world smiles with you.
Act stupid and you are alone.
Hurts, don't it?
Well, since you're stupid I'm sure you don't feel a thing son!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1015795 Oct 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so...his plan was raising taxes. I know it, you know it (but you'll deny it cause you are in love with the guy)
End the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy was part of that plan.

You remember those unfunded tax cuts that piled onto the national debt, right?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015796 Oct 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling the truth is proof in itself that the teller has class.
You will never experience the feeling.
Well, no one expects you to tell the truth son!

In fact, you said it yourself!

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1015797 Oct 31, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore the drones!
Obama had killed more innocent people with drones that any president ever!
Bit if it were Bush then the Democrat hypocrites...
Oblamer, our liar in chief, guilty of murder and international war crimes:

Pakistani family of drone strike victim gives harrowing testimony to ...
www.theguardian.com News World news Drones&#8206;
2 days ago - The family of a 67-year-old midwife from a remote village in North ... Zubair, 13, and Nabila, 9, described his mother, Momina Bibi, as the "string that held ... Instead, he said, only one person was killed that day: "Not a militant but my mother.... "As I helped my grandmother in the field, I could see and hear the ...

Where's Code pink? Where's Sean Penn ?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1015798 Oct 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since you're stupid I'm sure you don't feel a thing son!
Normally a b rain and a mouth work together in synchrony.

You brain left a long time ago and your mouth is obviously very lonely.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1015799 Oct 31, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Anyone here who runs a business see or think their health insurance costs are going down?
Another Obama lie.
The whole idea about universal health care working as being half way affordable is by EVERYONE being on it. Especially those healthy 20 somethings, that is what drives the costs down. It works EVERYWHERE else that way around the world, yet the only country that didn't have it, the good ole USA had the highest medical costs by as much as a third over everyone else. Now that is just BS, not only that medicine costs twice as much too, why do you think people do the drug runs to Mexico & Canada to fill their scripts. If you think this system is something you need to defend even shutdown government over is beyond belief.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1015800 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
insurance companies are like the Jews of Europe, trying to buy off Obama as he leads them to the death camps....
If only Oblama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin, Boxer, Feinstein, etc. could take a nice, refreshing "shower", a shower of no return. Sounds harsh? Not really, they are traitors deserving of forfeiting their worthless lives to save this country from ruin..

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1015801 Oct 31, 2013
'White House official confirms Israeli attack on Syrian missile site' By ARIEL BEN SOLOMON
LAST UPDATED: 10/31/2013 22:07

Select Language&#8203;&#9660;
Obama administration official confirms to CNN that Israel attacked missiles and equipment it felt might be transferred to Hezbollah; Al-Arabiya reports Israel destroyed SA-8 missiles in Damascus and Latakia. An Israel Air Force jet
An Israel Air Force jet Photo: REUTERS Israel conducted air raids against a Syrian missile base near the port city of Latakia on Thursday night according to a leak by an anonymous US administration official, speaking to CNN.

The US official said that Israel targeted missiles and related equipment out of fear that they would be transferred to Hezbollah.

It is unclear why the US would leak such information as it could put more pressure on Syria to retaliate against Israel.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which collates reports from opposition activists, said late on Wednesday that there had been an explosion at Syrian air defense base near Jableh, in the Mediterranean coastal province of Latakia.

The Latakia area is an Alawite stronghold, which also is the religion of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

"We're not commenting on these reports," a spokesman for the Israeli Defense Ministry said.

One Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he thought that Israel had indeed carried out a strike. He stressed that he was not entirely certain, however.

Israel has repeatedly warned that it is prepared to use force to prevent advanced weapons, notably from Iran, reaching Hezbollah through Syria. It carried out several air strikes on Syria earlier this year.

The Lebanese national News Agency stated that Israeli fighter jets and reconnaissance planes entered Lebanese airspace Thursday morning and circled over Lebanon before returning to Israel.

Pan-Arab news outlet al-Arabiya reported on Thursday evening that Israel attacked two different targets in Syria on Wednesday: one target near the port city of Latakia and the other in Damascus.

Al-Arabiya quoted sources saying that the target of the alleged Israeli attacks were SA-8 surface to air missiles that were being delivered to Hezbollah. The missiles were destroyed completely according to the report.

Missiles fired from the Mediterranean sea targeted the air defense base near Latakia, according to Syrian opposition sources quoted by the report.

Reuters and JPost.com Staff contributed to this report.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1015802 Oct 31, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oblamer, our liar in chief, guilty of murder and international war crimes:
Pakistani family of drone strike victim gives harrowing testimony to ...
www.theguardian.com News World news Drones&#8206;
2 days ago - The family of a 67-year-old midwife from a remote village in North ... Zubair, 13, and Nabila, 9, described his mother, Momina Bibi, as the "string that held ... Instead, he said, only one person was killed that day: "Not a militant but my mother.... "As I helped my grandmother in the field, I could see and hear the ...
Where's Code pink? Where's Sean Penn ?
Sean Penn ?

He's playing Harvey Milk for real somewhere in a cheap SF bathhouse.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1015803 Oct 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
More on the right's favorite gun owner Zimmerman.
When he finally moved out of the home he and his wife shared during the year leading up to and during the trial he left behind a bullet riddled range target tacked to a wall.
I was dissappointed Traygone's body was never described as "bullet riddled" , it certainly deserved to be after his racist, illegal,and violent attack on the peaceful GZ..

“no one told me”

Denver

#1015804 Oct 31, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
You can trust me and my Democrat Party!
We never lie!
Suckers!
It's a well known fact demorats have to lie to be elected

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1015805 Oct 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
In single payer universal health care; the government negotiates the price of drugs for it's citizens. Why is a company like Perdu Pharma making billions on oxicontin; that they created knowing it was highly addicted? Then the poor people who get addicted to it go to prison.
O'bama could have negotiated the prices with his stinking O'bamacare, he chose not to. Oxycontin does not only affect the poor-it is people across the spectrum. It is a gate way drug to heroin. Where does heroin come from. Muzzieville. Get rid of the moslems running heroin into our country. And why doesn't O'bama clear cut and burn the poppies in Afghanistan like Bush did?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015806 Oct 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally a b rain and a mouth work together in synchrony.
You brain left a long time ago and your mouth is obviously very lonely.
lol! Clearly your 'b rain' isn't running smoothly son.

Would that account for your habitual lying?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1015807 Oct 31, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Blaspheme much, "Shinning"? What a "moran"!
"leosampleanus"
You are comparing the
poster to "moran", i.e. "silly"? That is a low blow.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#1015808 Oct 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed shows just ow ignorant he is with his use of racial slurs.
"real dumb"
Would you prefer that I refer to the president nobama as girl? It would be apropos, he is surely not a man. He is a little boy who is in over his head.
Peace
KMA

Prevented this

#1015809 Oct 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole idea about universal health care working as being half way affordable is by EVERYONE being on it. Especially those healthy 20 somethings, that is what drives the costs down. It works EVERYWHERE else that way around the world, yet the only country that didn't have it, the good ole USA had the highest medical costs by as much as a third over everyone else. Now that is just BS, not only that medicine costs twice as much too, why do you think people do the drug runs to Mexico & Canada to fill their scripts. If you think this system is something you need to defend even shutdown government over is beyond belief.
Why do Americans take most of the world's pharma? what's that about? Almost 70% of Americans are taking at least one prescription drug, more than half take two, and 20% are on five or more--and you wonder why insurance and your so called 'health care' is so expensive. It is because of the PEOPLE. We now have more people dying from pharma than illegal drugs. More people dying from pharma than car accidents. Hell more people driving while on legal drugs are killing more people than drunk drivers. Eugenics and liberalism combined-America is being eaten from the inside out. Yet you people beg for O'bamacare.

Prevented this

#1015810 Oct 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use any drugs or meds but I'm willing to pay my insurance premium to "subsidize" people that need them. That's how insurance works. And it's typically arrogant of you right wingers to assume people can "avoid drugs". I have relatives that are diabetic that would be ecstatic to be drug free.
are they type 2 diabetic?

Spokane, WA

#1015811 Oct 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said he had a plan to help us recover from the Bush debacle.
"real dumb"
Based on the lack of success in the boy presidents efforts to turn around the economy we are now undergoing the nobama debacle. Let us take a look, under the administration of president nobama we have seen;
- Higher unemployment
- More American's on food stamps
- Fewer American's paying federal income tax
- Home sales and new home starts, down
- Anemic economic growth, barely keeping up with the inflation rate
It would seem his "plan" was just a campaign ploy. Face the facts "real dumb" nobama loves a lousy economy, it makes more folks dependent on the government, more moochers to vote for hand out policy's, more democrat votes.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1015812 Oct 31, 2013
if you've ever wondered why we think you people are crazy....

Texas To Tea Party: No, The Alamo Won't Fall Under U.N. Control

The Alamo will not fall under United Nations control if it is named a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Texas Land commission assured Texans on Wednesday, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

In a statement Wednesday Jerry Patterson, the Texas land commissioner, called rumors that the U.N. might manage the Alamo and other Spanish missions in Texas "horse hockey."

"The people of Texas own the Alamo now and in the future. Nothing is going to change that," Patterson said at a gun rights rally at the Alamo on Oct. 19.

George Rodriguez, former president of the San Antonio Tea Party, stirred up rumors in a piece titled 'The New Battle of the Alamo.'

Rodriguez said Wednesday that he never stated that the U.N. would take control, but that he merely provided a "cautionary tale."

I'm just constantly saying 'may' or 'might,'" he explained. "I'm never once saying that this is going to happen. We need to be aware."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/un-will...

like Glenn Beck aware? maybe? Maybe? MAYBE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Brian_G 310,346
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IBdaMann 54,322
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Gas Woman 70,145
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) Fri Joan 12
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Fri psuzanne790 47
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... Jul 30 Dicy 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 29 zippy 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages