Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1600916 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016509 Nov 1, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was going to suggest something to you much worse to do against this country's present Tax Man but pulled back considering how public the forum is.
The Magic Negro's NSA might nail me on sedition.
But I think you can catch my drift:)
Yes...had to erase a post to dem the other day - something about the NSA having already flagged me so he didn't have to worry about one more "traitor" that "deserved to be shot".

After expounding a little more on that thought, thought it best just to erase the whole thing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016510 Nov 1, 2013
Envy leads to destructive behavior...

"About one third of the losers behaved destructively towards the winners..."

Wobker, I. & Kenning, P.(2013).'Drivers and Outcome of Destructive Envy Behavior in an Economic Game Setting'. Retrieved 1 Nov 2013 from, http://www.sbr-online.de/pdfarchive/einzelne_ ...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016511 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They don't understand. Just keep cutting taxes on the rich, eventually a job or two will trickle down. These dumbfks get what the deserve.
Envy leads to destructive behavior...

"About one third of the losers behaved destructively towards the winners..."

Wobker, I. & Kenning, P.(2013).'Drivers and Outcome of Destructive Envy Behavior in an Economic Game Setting'. Retrieved 1 Nov 2013 from, http://www.sbr-online.de/pdfarchive/einzelne_ ...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016512 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God Flack.
This country did very well in the 50's. A man could hold a job & raise a family in his owned home. That job could be a clerk in a store or a delivery man for the local bakery or run a machine in the local machine shop. Not today. It takes at least two incomes or more in these types of jobs.
The ratio of CEO pay to average worker pay as gone through the roof.
The less & less employees are paid, the less & less they have to buy things. Buying things run the economy.
Handing money to the wealthy only to have a small portion run into the economy is stupid.
It had nothing to do with what I am doing. It is not hating the wealthy.
It is about everyone sharing in the growth of this nations wealth. This is what made us great & so prosperous after WWII through the 50.
You f*cking idiots think this is about hating the wealthy when you are too GD stupid to know the wealthy have been gaming the system.
Why has nearly all the growth on wealth of this country gone to the wealthy? It was not like that before.
Evidently you think it was hard work by the wealthy. Yep, hard work buying politicians & bending the tax law & regulations to their favor. Deregulation!! Deregulation!!
The reason, taxes. The other two reasons is the libtard control of the education system and the progressive Great Society programs. Both designed to control the people. Why are you so envious of the wealthy? Is it because wealthy people are hard for the government to control?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016515 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They don't understand. Just keep cutting taxes on the rich, eventually a job or two will trickle down. These dumbfks get what the deserve.
Obama has given trillions of dollars to Wall Street, rescued his cronie moneyed interests and left the poor, middle class workers and homeowners to their own devices you loser...

The demokRATic party is no longer the party of the "workers" and "laborers" now the party of the unemployed and loser...

Democrats win elections humping the backs of the poor...

It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1016516 Nov 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. Emergency care is not preventive care. Putting off going to the doctor because you don't have insurance kills people.
O'bama should have killed millions by now according to your analogy. Let's just go with that: O'bama kills Millions of Americans by taking away their health insurance. Now how many exactly according to you have O'bama and his democrats have killed?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1016518 Nov 1, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homer trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...
It's the culture...
He will succeed and then eat it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016519 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So business must not be so good then? Because apparently the money you make isn't very much.
Why would you want the power elite to take more?
Have you stopped hiring and/or converted your full-time employees into part-time too?
No he's going to pawn them off on the exchanges, err, government.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1016520 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so smart, you "ESAD" every day, then "GFY" with a baseball bat. I'd rather be stupid than have your kind of "smarts"
Glad to assure you that you have attained your heart's desire: you're more stupid than at least 78% of Americans...'tis a pity you never mastered the ol' STFU so fewer people would find you out.

Orlando, FL

#1016522 Nov 1, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
gas prices have climbed...
milk prices have climbed...
bread prices have climbed...
egg prices have climbed...
car prices have climbed...
electric bills have climbed...
plastic surgery prices have climbed...
tuition prices have climbed...
on and on and on and on and on..
Solution:
Draft and pass the 'American Milk, bread, egg, auto, electric bill, plastic surgery, and tuition ACT'
Aren't those things hidden somewhere in the ACA?

Or have we been surprised by everything they didn't know was in it?

Wait a minute...did you hear that?

Sounds like lawyers - thousands of them - salivating and drooling. They can smell litigation a mile away.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1016524 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! Some blame the Arab Spring on rising food prices created by burning corn.
Over 85% of all ethanol/gasoline blends are used in the US and Brazil. I agree__yes it's stupid but let's see who votes for the continuance of the "ethanol subsidy."

Together, the R's and D's can end the folly but we already know that they won't. Too many lobbyists handing out too much cash.

As for the world's starving?

The US has invested billions in the attempt to teach the worlds starving how to farm something besides rice__Hah!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1016525 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No he's going to pawn them off on the exchanges, err, government.
You must be talking about defense contractors.....
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016527 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Go fk yourself old prickl
ghetto dem is good for sucking dick and is seldom good for anything else..

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1016531 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What part of I pay by the year don't you understand?
My God you are dense.

Are you paid up through 2014 yet?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1016532 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
I just don't get it, Homer. According Galt, Batty, namE, etc., everything is just peachy keen about the one percenters owning fifty percent of the country's wealth (and that means the the revenue belonging to 0-100% of the people)yet they're here day and night whining about everything being WRONG in the country. They should at least be thankful that people like Romney are getting what they deserve, no?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016533 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No he's going to pawn them off on the exchanges, err, government.
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's RealDave...

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016534 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! Some blame the Arab Spring on rising food prices created by burning corn.
...and somehow, people like realtime find a way to blame republicans. Amazing.

Orlando, FL

#1016535 Nov 1, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
A neighbor just got his copy of the bill for the liver transplant his wife had. Of the $440,000 he had to pay $40.
Smart person with insurance coverage pays $40
Dumb person with no insurance pays $439,960 (cash???)
He was lucky to get under the wire...before his insurer either dropped him or raised his premiums five times higher than they are now for the same surgery...or just in case his wife was pregnant at the time.

Like many Americans are finding out now.

Are you going to be happy paying for maternity care? Do you have a wife who is of childbearing years?

Doesn't matter. You'll be paying for it anyway.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016536 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The angry Jew has escaped the pizza oven.
ghetto dem is good for sucking jew dick and is seldom good for anything else..

It's the culture...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1016538 Nov 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to assure you that you have attained your heart's desire: you're more stupid than at least 78% of Americans...'tis a pity you never mastered the ol' STFU so fewer people would find you out.
Spreading your sunshine around again today, eh VHB?

I guess it's OK for you to talk about being dumb, seeing how you so experienced at that.

Now run along and go spell check some posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weapon X 317,470
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Percecution 21,175
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Mon Caitlyn Jenner 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sep 18 Into The Night 63,970
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31
News PrideFest Draws Hundreds To Downtown Hartford Sep 12 Did Not Go 2

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages