Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567825 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

angel

Satellite Beach, FL

#1014517 Oct 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdowntic in progresstic
Cheer up ... your meltdown is only a few hours away from your Happy Hour soak-up.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014518 Oct 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>If not for obamakare, Ted Cruz and the Tea Party would not have been a great success..
AND... when we Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...
It's the culture...
repeat please
WOW

New York, NY

#1014520 Oct 30, 2013
Lily is the topix FLUFFER
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1014521 Oct 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually, I thank God I'm not 'smart' like you son....
It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1014522 Oct 30, 2013
>OUR< theory is better than your theory because my guy is in a wheel chair, smokes pot, and hates God...

"Democracy is essentially tragic because it provides the populace with a weapon to destroy itself..."

Nick Land
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1014524 Oct 30, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times did Bush tell this lie?
George Bush, Monday 17 March 2003
"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/mar/18/...
Result of this lie:
American deaths 4,489
American wounded 32,021
Cost of this unprovoked unnecessary war to taxpayers:
$trillions!!!
Such a intellectual Giant...

Blame Bush!!!!!
WOW

New York, NY

#1014526 Oct 30, 2013
President Obama finds himself under fire on two disparate fronts these days, both for the botched rollout of his signature health care program and for the secret spying on allied heads of state. In both instances, his explanation roughly boils down to this: I didn’t know.

Contribute to Our Reporting
The Times would like to hear from Americans who have begun to sign up for health care under the Affordable Care Act.

Share Your Experience » Multimedia
3 Things to Watch in Sebelius Testimony
3 Things to Watch in Sebelius Testimony
Close VideoSee More Videos » Graphic
How HealthCare.gov Was Supposed to Work and How It Didn’tRelated
Cancellation of Health Care Plans Replaces Website Problems as Prime Target (October 30, 2013)
Health Site Chief Expects Low Initial Enrollment Number (October 30, 2013)
In Practice: People Who Buy Own Health Policies Face Big Changes (October 29, 2013) Readers’ Comments
Share your thoughts.
Post a Comment »
Read All Comments (449)»
As a practical matter, no president can be aware of everything going on in the sprawling government he theoretically manages. But as a matter of politics, Mr. Obama’s plea of ignorance may do less to deflect blame than to prompt new questions about just how much in charge he really is.

In recent days, the president’s health and human services secretary said that despite internal concerns and a failed test run Mr. Obama was not told about serious problems with the new program’s website until it was rolled out this month. Other officials said the president was not aware that the National Security Agency was tapping the phone of Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany and other friendly leaders until this summer, although intelligence officials said Tuesday that others in the White House had known.

Opposition lawmakers and pundits have seized on the White House explanations to accuse Mr. Obama of being a “bystander president,” as the Republican National Committee put it. Even some Democrats are scratching their heads at the seeming detachment from significant matters. MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” ran a montage of clips showing Mr. Obama or his aides disclaiming presidential knowledge of various issues as well as a graphic titled “Implausible Deniability.”

“It seems to me there’s a pattern here — with any bad news coming out of the administration, the excuse is the president just didn’t know about it,” said Representative Adam Kinzinger, Republican of Illinois.

“There’s a point at which the I-didn’t-know excuse really violates the idea of the buck stops here,” he added.“We want to have a feeling that the president ultimately takes responsibility. The American people want to know they have a president who’s in control and in charge.”

PRESIDENT SHAGGY IT WASNT ME or one from LIBERAL BIGOT RACISTS CLINTON I DIDNT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN lolololohahahahahaha
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1014527 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This president seemed to love that word back in 2008. Can't count the number of times he said it in the context of "transforming this great nation".
Problem is, you and the majority never questioned what he wanted to "transform" us into.
Now you're finding out the hard way. At least the liberal media is finally starting to wipe the stardust from their eyes.
Perhaps you should write him a letter and ask him.

Richard Nixon Knew Family Planning Saves Taxpayer Dollars, But Today’s GOP Doesn’t Care

http://www.nextnewdeal.net/richard-nixon-knew...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014528 Oct 30, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to laugh every time I read one of his posts. He types with such conviction!!! Too bad his perceptions have no basis in truth.
He has an encrypted connection to his reich wing handlers!

And besides, he's only a standalone speaker!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1014529 Oct 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Galt is just so full of himself.
Stop smoking dope!!!
WOW

New York, NY

#1014530 Oct 30, 2013
OBAMA took the JOB when he was told EVERYTHING WAS free it was like really free everything like eddie murphy in trading places mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmm and who was behind the whole thing WOW

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014531 Oct 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Trotting out that damned lie again Carol? Joe Scarborough, a conservative has a program on MSNBC called "Morning Joe" five days a week. Michael Steele, former RNC chairman is a regular guest on Chris Matthews "Hardball" as well as other programs.
So what liberal or even moderate has a program or even a regular commentary on Fox?
Poor Joe used to be a conservative - the only reason I used to tune in to MSNBC. But he sadly put job security over principles and succumbed to the other side.

Scarborough campaigned for Bush and served as a point man in Florida during the 2000 recount. He then criticized McCain's campaign for being "strapped to the Bush administration”. The only time he defended McCain was when another guest mocked the nominee's alleged love of Abba.

“‘Waterloo,’” he said.“Great song.”

Yep, Joe fits right in.

(Although I like some of ABBA's other songs too.)

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1014532 Oct 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack's Household poll? Quinnipiac?
RCP Average 9/23 - 10/28 -- 49.1 40.1 McAuliffe +9.0
Quinnipiac 10/22 - 10/28 1182 LV 47 45 McAuliffe +2
Washington Post 10/24 - 10/27 762 LV 53 42 McAuliffe +11
Rasmussen Reports* 10/20 - 10/20 1000 LV 50 33 McAuliffe +17
Old Dominion Poll* 9/23 - 10/18 670 LV 44 37 McAuliffe +7
NBC4/NBC News/Marist 10/13 - 10/15 596 LV 52 43 McAuliffe +9
Christopher Newport Univ.* 10/8 - 10/13 753 LV 46 39 McAuliffe +7
Politico/PPP/Harper 10/5 - 10/6 1150 LV 52 42 McAuliffe +10
http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2013/gove...
don't worry O'bama the liar is going to campaign for McAuliffe--things are bound to change.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1014533 Oct 30, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
man-hater!!!!
I bet the first conversation you have every morning is with your VA J J!!!!!!!!!!
That's right; I say Good Morning Beautiful to it everyday.

You might say that to your dyck if you had one.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014534 Oct 30, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
As stated---a now frequent pattern of repeated aplogetics for REPEATED INCOMPETENCE.
CHRISTIE/Ryan/Paul..Uncle Joe et al 2016!
T.E.A.!!!
Independent voters FOR competant leadership in America again-Not INcompetant divide and drain against it!!
Your idea of competent is incompetent son!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1014535 Oct 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That wouldn't be pedaling to folks as educated as you claim to be, now would it? Somehow I don't think that's a typo, namEless.
Einstein couldn't spell worth a dam either. I'd rather be in his company than yours.
WOW

New York, NY

#1014536 Oct 30, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hi phag!! Still using GWB to prop up your uselessness, eh?
As Bush PREDICTED THEY WILL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE Obama has be spoon fed by Clinton, Carter and his BIGGEST SUPPORTER HIS COUSINS BUSH AND CHEANY funny the first Black President has no BLACK AMERICAN FAMILY you know like second cousins to MLK or Malcolm, harriet tubman, ALI, he needed a WHITE FAMILY TO BE LEGIT no connection to BLACK AMERICAN HISTORY mmmmm mmmmmm mmmm

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1014537 Oct 30, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
You get to keep what you like and transitions...
"Top Democrat says those aren't 'cancellation notices,' they're 'transitions' into Obamacare"
http://washingtonexaminer.com/top-democrat-sa...
obamas promise was very specific. They can spin all they want, his words are there for eternity.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014538 Oct 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have Flacktatd having the audacity to blame Obama for 750,000 lost jobs in January of 2009.
My God Flack. You really re this stupid.
I have news, Flack,. George W Bush was President in 2008. Not Barack Obamas.
George W Bush was President when the worst recession in 80 years started 4th quarter of 2007.
George W Bush was President when Housing collapsed
George W Bush was President when we experience a near financial meltdown.
George W Bush was President when the debt was doubled.
All of these things brought about job losses.
But, Flack says its all Obama's fault.
More proof on what kind of idiot Flack is.
My God people, have you no shame?
Yeah, but he's had five years to get us back on track after both Democrats and Republicans dropped the ball before the housing market crisis.

His first two years was with a Democrat-controlled Congress, but they put jobs and the economy on the back burner.

Obamacare was their priority.

We're now experiencing the wonderful world of Obamacare and jobs and the economy are still crawling along at a snail's pace.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014539 Oct 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homer still posting from a cave somewhere in the coal mines of Bethlehem PA.
It's the culture...
Your asylum must be proud of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 55 min Pinky 315,372
News Connecticut LGBT Advocate Says Military's Trans... 1 hr Pinky 6
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Dave spano 21,017
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Tue Disgusted 11
How DEPRESSING is it living in The State Of Con... (May '16) Jul 24 udougy 5
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... Jul 23 Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show Jul 23 tears of a clown 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages