Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383277 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009690 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What government shutdown?
I don't recall any government shutdown.
What planet do you live on?
not the FOXbot planet.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1009691 Oct 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up, dip[stick.
The subject was the ACA.
We weren't taking about the subsidies that pay your salary.
Would you bve referring to those mythical subsidies to oil companies yu can't find any evidence of?

And you want to convince us that the Democrats intend to give welfare to some useless PoS now and their plan is to take it away later?

<nuts>
<clueless>
... looking for a <dunce> icon....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009692 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
as if any Republicans are interested in anything coming from anybody associated with the disastrous Romney campaign.....
LMAO

from love to hate on election day.

so who did you vote for?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1009693 Oct 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
when someone repeatedly posts the same thing isn't that propaganda?
and i'm pretty sure that makes you an Alinsky disciple.
No. It's continually bringing you back to a post you run away from because you answering the post will prove you to be an ignorant dupe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1009694 Oct 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not the FOXbot planet.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1009695 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You skipped the post immediately following your description of the SIM criteria.
I pointed out to you that the SIM criteria is determined by a secret committee nobody knows who's on it.
I also pointed out to you two cases where this committee adjudicating SIM criteris intentionally ignored muslim terrorists.
Perhaps you intentionally didn't show that post from me.
Obama has ordered there be no spying on muslim institutions in the US.
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. Go back and show the post where I identified the two specific cases as evidence Obama does not allow intelligence to be collected on muslim terrorist institutions in the US.
I didn't "ignore" your post at all. This is what I said about your post on SIM:

"I gave you the FBI provision dealing with such matters to prove that Obama did not exempt Muslim institutions to which you replied with a rambling conspiracy theory about decisions on sensitive investigative matters (SIMs)being made by some secret committee that no one knows about and of which Obama must "obviously" be calling the shots. It was a ridiculous post that didn't rate a reply."
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1009696 Oct 23, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the truth where can keep your existing insurance plan?
Maybe the truth where you can keep your own doctor?
Or maybe the one where Benghazi was due to a video?
Are those the "truths" you are talking about idiot stick?
ObammyCare will be the gift that keeps giving. Free everything via redistribution of healthcare and a wakeup to the middle class who will suffer the unintended consequences of another failed Democrat entitlement.

And here's another truth: We’re doing worse than even Obama economists predicted had we done NOTHING.

The result?

Forget the One Percent: Today we have 50 percent of families who have fulltime employment and 50 percent who don’t, but want fulltime employment.

That’s the real divide in America.

This divide is sponsored by Obamacare, the Dodd-Frank Banks and IRS offices near you.

Can I take a moment to shout out the obvious point that somehow the media missed, mostly likely because the point resides at the top of their head?

You may not like the Republicans, but come on: One has to admit, after 5 full years of stewardship, that the Democrats have NO EARTHLY CLUE about the economy and how jobs are created.

If your problem was income inequality (so-called), it’s gotten worse not better under Obama.

If your problem was Big Banks, the problem got worse not better.

If your problem was cronyism and corruption, the problem has gotten worse not better.

If your problem was healthcare, the problem has gotten worse not better.

Because of Obamacare, for example, insurance companies across the nation are, in some instances, canceling up to 80% of existing policies affecting hundreds of thousands, and even perhaps—likely actually-- millions of policies.

“Health plans are sending hundreds of thousands of cancellation letters to people who buy their own coverage,” reports NBCNews,“frustrating some consumers who want to keep what they have and forcing others to buy more costly policies.”

In Florida one company sent 300,000 cancelation notices.

In California, Kaiser Permanente sent 160,000 notices. NBCNews says that one company “in Pittsburgh is dropping about 20 percent of its individual market customers, while Independence Blue Cross, the major insurer in Philadelphia, is dropping about 45 percent.”

The math says that millions of insured will not be able to keep their existing coverage, breaking a promise that Obama and the Democrats made when rushing Obamacare through.

And of course, the cost is high. Higher than many want to reckon, even.

Insurance premiums are going up. They have to. More people will be covered and more coverage will be offered.

Even Ezra Klein admits this.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1009697 Oct 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Never Have Republicans Been More Disliked Than Right Now as GOP Unfavorables Hit 64%
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/23/republ...
Obammy's now at 37%--a figure that was front page news by the liberal media when Bush was there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009698 Oct 23, 2013
CNBC’s Steve Liesman did what the family of NBC networks do. On Squawk Box, 10 minutes before the lousy jobs report was released, Steve Liesman blamed the lousy job numbers on Ted Cruz and the government shut down. This despite the fact the jobs numbers were from September, before the 16 day shut down ever occurred. Then, when CNBC put Ted Cruz’s face up on the screen, racist Steve Liesman called for some ‘Mexican Music’ to be played in the background. Of course, Liesman is too stupid and racist to know that Ted Cruz is Cuban, not Mexican.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1009699 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
For the unbelievably ignorant....
FACT: Every contractor acquires and/or places the people on the contract the current administration desires.
FACT: The contract does not have to be changed to do this. There are clauses in the FAR that allow contractors to change people to please Obama.
FACT: The people that were put on the contract to replace the people who worked on that contract before Obama took office were the people who were so inexperienced and ignorant in software development they didn't know they would start setting off software bombs that are put in every sophisticated software application by the developer to protect themselves from thieves like Obama who will steal their software.
The Obama administration is undoubtably the most incompetent administration in the history of the United States. It is in competetion for the most incompetent government that has ever existed in the history of civilization.
You do not know what you are talking about and I'm not going to explain "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" contracts again.
You are on your own.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009700 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's continually bringing you back to a post you run away from because you answering the post will prove you to be an ignorant dupe.
i told you before that i won't attempt to answer questions that you can't answer.

try a new tactic birther boy.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1009701 Oct 23, 2013
OBAMMY, THE JOB KILLER

We’ve become a nation of part time job creation.

The civilian population able to work has grown by 2.4 million people in the last year, while 1.4 million jobs have been created with a disproportionate amount of those jobs part time jobs.

The number of unemployed and underemployed people remains stubbornly high.

And digging under the surface, much of the drop in the unemployment rate over the past two years is nothing but a statistical mirage coupled with a massive increase in part-time jobs starting in October 2012 as a result of Obamacare legislation.

One can not accurately gage the true cost of Obamacare without reckoning in the dislocation of the American workforce, which is increasingly dependent on part time work.

8 million people are working part time that want full time work.

That's like saying that the entire state of New Jersey or Virginia can only work part time.

When you count in the loss of workforce numbers, the loss to the country in GDP and American families in income, one can reckon losses in the trillions of dollars, not billions.

But at least they have a really poor website. And not everyone is covered. A typical Democrat solution.

ObammyCare, the gift that keeps on giving. Or is that the gift that keeps on sticking it to the middle class?
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1009702 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Moochelle sent two of of 800 of her personal assistants home.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009703 Oct 23, 2013
Food stamps for sale (for cash) on Craigslist and Ebay....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1009704 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for your unsubstantiated subjective bullshit...
The execution of ObamaKare is Machiavellian, giving subjective authority to "the Secretary" to decide... everything... without any standard to comply with written into the law.
The principle application of ObamaKare is so Marxist, it could have been written by Karl Marx himself. The bottom line is, ObamaKare does not distinguish between a crackwhore and anyone who works their entire life to support their family and increase their living standard... with the sole exception of who pays for every goddam thing.
If you don't know the details written in the text of ObamaKare, all you have to do is look at the fact that every Democrat in Washington hates it and don't want ObamaKare anywhere near them.
That's all you need to know to form the conclusion that we need to get rid of that Marxist bullshit law.
If Congress had to abide by ObamaKare, it would be gone tomorrow.
You really shouldn't be accusing anyone of posting "unsubstantiated subjective bullshit" when that is all you do.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1009705 Oct 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't you just throw out the usual right wing bs about the housing bust?
if i were you i'd stop compounding that error.
didn't you ever learn to read?

how is that right wing bs when it was written by 2 LIBERALS?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1009706 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, yes. When Bush awarded CGI and 15 others the $4 billion "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" (IDIQ) contract for upgrading Medicare and Medicaid's systems it was a multi-year contract. IDIQs are specifically intended to streamline the bidding process by PRE-QUALIFYING those who can bid on government jobs during the contract period. "The advantage of an ID/IQ contract is that it can be expanded almost indefinitely without the government having to solicit new bids for additional work." Of course, it also kills the competitive bidding system.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
Here, you can access all the contracts awarded to CGI under the 2007 IDIQ.
http://www.hhs.gov/about/smallbusiness/smallb...
I know you're ignorant of how things work in federal contracts procurement, so I'll explain this to you again.

Contracts do not specify who works on that contract.
The Obama administration specified who worked on that contract.
It was someone who Obama named to:
1) Plan to steal the software they were being paid to write;
2) Select the programmers who would attempt to destroy evidence of the software being stolen;
3) Approved the stolen software as being the deliverable software the contract paid to be written (and not stolen); and
4) Is responsible for the disaster the Healthcare.gov website is.

Can't you clowns come up with something besides "it's Bush's fault" just once?
Obviously, Obama being president caused this disaster.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009707 Oct 23, 2013
Oh no...

A comparison of crazy...

Obamacare signups...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/17/1248... #

versus

Pet Rocks!
"...5 million of his pet rocks in a six month period."

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/pet-rock-made-man-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1009708 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Food stamps for sale (for cash) on Craigslist and Ebay....
So you were shopping?....Lookout, it's probably a sting operation.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1009709 Oct 23, 2013
Grampy wrote:
Obama has announced that he is bringing in "the best and brightest" tech professionals to fix the trainwreck that is the healthcare.gov website.
After wasting how many millions of dollars the smartest people in the room will now try to get it right? LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Truth is might 311,203
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Earthling-1 59,505
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr see the truth 20,301
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr Ize Found 70,604
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) Tue Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May 23 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May 23 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages