Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263711 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dingle Barry

Denver, CO

#1009527 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
Rush Limbaugh Calls Troops ‘Welfare Queens, Moochers’
From the upscale Palm Beach corporate headquarters of his Excellence in Broadcasting Network, right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh unloaded on America’s men and women in uniform, insinuating their motives as less than pure.
The comments came during Limbaugh’s second hour on Monday. A caller had voiced support for President Obama’s signature Affordable Health Care Act, the crowning achievement of Obama’s administration thus far and a piece of legislation that conferred health care coverage on 40 million of the nation’s poor and middle class. When the caller identified himself as a retired Army Master Sergeant, and compared the AFA to the military’s free medical care for all servicemembers and their families, Limbaugh cut him off and began the controversial response.
You see, Master Sergeant,” began Limbaugh, rubbing his hands together,“you have exposed yourself. I thank you for the call — and I thank you for your service, I really do — but you’ve exposed yourself. Of course you like the idea of the government putting a b to war, you get free medicine, free food, free place to sleep, even free clothes to wear to work every day. The taxpayer even gives you years-long paid vacations to exotic foreign lands.....
“You’ll also probably think, well—” and here Limbaugh inclined the intonation of his voice to imitate that of a child,“Mr. Limbaugh, if only everyone could have fwee ice cream, Mr. Limbaugh, then the world would be all sunshine and unicorns and happiness. The only problem,” continued Limbaugh, returning to his normal voice,“is that ice cream, folks, like health care, is not free.... And if you believe otherwise, you are not a defender of the nation. You’re a welfare queen — or more appropriately, a welfare grunt.”
“You’ll also probably think, well—” and here Limbaugh inclined the intonation of his voice to imitate that of a child,“Mr. Limbaugh, if only everyone could have fwee ice cream, Mr. Limbaugh, then the world would be all sunshine and unicorns and happiness. The only problem,” continued Limbaugh, returning to his normal voice,“is that ice cream, folks, like health care, is not free. It is a product, created by a producer. And you have just as much a right to getting it for free as you have to getting ice cream for free. That is, you do not have a right to it for free. And if you believe otherwise, you are not a defender of the nation. You’re a welfare queen — or more appropriately, a welfare grunt.”
It used to be, back when I was of age to serve, back in the Vietnam era, that soldiers were stout, upright, conservative young men. They were Southern. They voted Republican. Their wives stayed home and had babies and knew their place. Cooked dinner, had a highball waiting when the husband got home, so forth. But nowadays we have a .well, in this case, you can change a leopard’s spots, folks. But he’s still a leopard. Still a moocher. A little Obama jihadist, ready to march out and drone-attack American citizens in Yemen or Pakistan.”
http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/10/rush-limbau...
Lying sack of excrement, no one believes your blatant pack of lies. Now go fellate the nearest liberal near you who can actually get it up for a shrivelled up old hag like you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009528 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? A rate increase could be $10 a month for all you know. From what I understand, their deductibles are less. Sit back and stop guessing..things will be just fine.
the provider networks will be different, and much smaller, something that someone like you who accepts whatever the cult provides would not understand....most people want the ability to select the physician and hospital of their choice....
dingle Barry

Denver, CO

#1009529 Oct 22, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy's on fire?
Right. And the Magic Negro's been pizzing on it since he got to town.
Afghanistan is a mess ever since the primate took over the reigns.
Hamid Karzai has been p

unking the Magic Negro longer than Putin has.
The world is laughing at the big-earred wonder.
10 million more Americans have abandoned the work force since the jug eared clown became president.

Wheres them jobs, Obozo ?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009530 Oct 22, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Oprah is a businesswoman. She understands guilt-by-association.
Her ratings mean everything. The Lawn Jockey is on his own.
Oprah resents Moochelle stealing her limelight after having done nothing to earn it.....the arrogant house servant taking over...
dingle Barry

Denver, CO

#1009531 Oct 22, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner for sure
fat, alcoholic, chain smoking, welfare queen for sure
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009532 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news and debunked...well, "clarified" is a better term. Florida Blue and Kaiser terminated the policies that did not meet the minimum requirements of the ACA and offered patients new policies. It is up to the patients whether they want to remain with Florida Blue or Kaiser. In the case of Florida Blue, they will automatically enroll patients in a plan if they haven't heard from them by a certain date.
facts, not "debunked"...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009533 Oct 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I really feel bad now (lol). A total zero just responded to me with a peanut gallery comment.
Did I say you could speak, Dong?
lol! No son, you didn't.

But then again, I don't need your permission in MY country!

I'm sure it works differently in YOURS!

I love this comedy channel.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009534 Oct 22, 2013
Waxman wrote:
I think it will be interesting to see how Topix moderators are exposed for censoring posts with print screens of posts Topix mods censor.
They allow trash, but censor decent debate, typical leftwing thugs.
Not all of the Topix Moderators do this, but there are a couple of corrupt ones.
lol! And your proof is you son?!?!?!?!

wow.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009535 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
From the upscale Palm Beach corporate headquarters of his Excellence in Broadcasting Network, right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh unloaded on America’s men and women in uniform, insinuating their motives as less than pure.
The comments came during Limbaugh’s second hour on Monday. A caller had voiced support for President Obama’s signature Affordable Health Care Act, the crowning achievement of Obama’s administration thus far and a piece of legislation that conferred health care coverage on 40 million of the nation’s poor and middle class. When the caller identified himself as a retired Army Master Sergeant, and compared the AFA to the military’s free medical care for all servicemembers and their families, Limbaugh cut him off and began the controversial response.
Rush Limbaugh was out sick on Monday and did not do his radio braodcast....

that would make you a proven liar.....or someone who takes garbage as fact....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009536 Oct 22, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt jemimah, the only thing you CAN get a handle on is the pancake griddle. Do so and makeme a short stack tommorrow morning at 6:00 A.M. Arizona time, or I will have to have you horsewhipped in the town square...
I still have boiled wolfie spine son!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009537 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
You see, Master Sergeant,” began Limbaugh, rubbing his hands together,“you have exposed yourself. I thank you for the call — and I thank you for your service, I really do — but you’ve exposed yourself. Of course you like the idea of the government putting a band-aid on every little boo-boo you get, wiping your nose for you, giving you free prescription Advil when you could buy it at the drug store like the taxpayer, so on and so forth. You like that idea because you’ve lived with that your whole life. You said you joined the Army at 18. My guess is that before that, before you enlisted, you were on welfare. When you joined, you were essentially on welfare, because whether or not you ever go to war, you get free medicine, free food, free place to sleep, even free clothes to wear to work every day. The taxpayer even gives you years-long paid vacations to exotic foreign lands.....
“You’ll also probably think, well—” and here Limbaugh inclined the intonation of his voice to imitate that of a child,“Mr. Limbaugh, if only everyone could have fwee ice cream, Mr. Limbaugh, then the world would be all sunshine and unicorns and happiness. The only problem,” continued Limbaugh, returning to his normal voice,“is that ice cream, folks, like health care, is not free.... And if you believe otherwise, you are not a defender of the nation. You’re a welfare queen — or more appropriately, a welfare grunt.”
“You’ll also probably think, well—” and here Limbaugh inclined the intonation of his voice to imitate that of a child,“Mr. Limbaugh, if only everyone could have fwee ice cream, Mr. Limbaugh, then the world would be all sunshine and unicorns and happiness. The only problem,” continued Limbaugh, returning to his normal voice,“is that ice cream, folks, like health care, is not free. It is a product, created by a producer. And you have just as much a right to getting it for free as you have to getting ice cream for free. That is, you do not have a right to it for free. And if you believe otherwise, you are not a defender of the nation. You’re a welfare queen — or more appropriately, a welfare grunt.”
It used to be, back when I was of age to serve, back in the Vietnam era, that soldiers were stout, upright, conservative young men. They were Southern. They voted Republican. Their wives stayed home and had babies and knew their place. Cooked dinner, had a highball waiting when the husband got home, so forth. But nowadays we have a new generation of young military youth — low-information voters raised on liberal propaganda like Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers and PBS, what have you. Get their news from the drive-by media. They learned welfare, mooching, kumbaya and hand-holding from those sources. They learned mooching from an early age, folks...."

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/10/rush-limbau...
lol! First he shakes the hand of a vet and thanks him for his service, then smacks him in the face!!!

Now there's a real con's con man!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009538 Oct 22, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
A fat, froggy chimp!! Figures.....
How about some wolfie tripe son?

And just for you, I haven't cleaned it!

The smell should be an aphrodisiac for you eh? Don't say I didn't do you any favors!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009539 Oct 22, 2013
dingle Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying sack of excrement, no one believes your blatant pack of lies. Now go fellate the nearest liberal near you who can actually get it up for a shrivelled up old hag like you.
lol! poor baby.

now folks, this is con education shining at its finest!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009540 Oct 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the provider networks will be different, and much smaller, something that someone like you who accepts whatever the cult provides would not understand....most people want the ability to select the physician and hospital of their choice....
Yada, yada, yada.

It's fortunate for you the only proof galt has is galt.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009541 Oct 22, 2013
Hmmmm.... now how else can 'Galt' be spun.

Let's see!

German To English - Talg
(der) n. tallow, product of melted animal fats used for candle and soap-making, hard crumbly fat deposited around the kidneys, sebum, suet

Ah yes! On target!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009542 Oct 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
facts, not "debunked"...
lol! As I said, it's a good thing galt has galt to back up galt!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1009543 Oct 22, 2013
Ooop! Looks like we need to look at the contractors!

"Economix - Explaining the Science of Everyday Life
The Jobs Report October 22, 2013, 10:32 am 85 Comments
Bloated Government? Federal Employment at 47-Year Low
By FLOYD NORRIS

It was the summer of 1966. Lyndon Johnson was in the White House and the Great Society was roaring. In August, the federal government had 2,721,000 employees.

Now it is the fall of 2013. There are complaints from Washington about a bloated federal government. Another Democrat, Barack Obama, is president.

In September, before the government shutdown, the government had 2,723,000 employees, according to the latest job report, on a seasonally adjusted basis. That is the lowest figure since 1966. Until now, the lowest figure for the current century had been 2,724,000 federal employees in October 2004, when George W. Bush was seeking a second term in the White House.

Now, the federal government employs exactly 2 percent of the people with jobs in this country. In 1966, the figure was more than twice that, 4.3 percent.

All these figures, by the way, are for civilian jobs. Members of the armed forces are not counted. If they were included, the contrast would be even sharper. In 1966 the Vietnam War was going on, and around 2.6 million people were on active duty. This year the figure is around 1.4 million.

While the federal government continues to shrink — the September figure is down 3.1 percent from a year ago — state and local government jobs have begun to grow again, albeit slowly..."
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1009544 Oct 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will declare the glitches in a new health care website "unacceptable" on Monday and outline ways for consumers to sign up for insurance while his team scrambles to fix problems that have tainted the rollout of his signature health care law.
http://news.msn.com/us/obama-to-call-health-c...
Someone should tell him his "signature law" was tainted from the get-go.
In fact, his entire administration has been one big glitch after another.
You're acting like this hasn't happened before Carol. When the Bush Medicare Part D was enacted it was at the outset an unmitigated disaster. Ohio Congressman John Boehner, future Speaker of the House, admitted as much to Fox News in February 2006 when he lamented that two years after its passage, "The implementation of the Medicare plan has been horrendous."
In 2006, the bill went into effect. It was a disaster. Computer systems didn't communicate with one another. Seniors were confused. Some of the poorest and sickest enrollees -- "dual eligibles" who qualify for aid under both Medicare and Medicaid -- weren't able to get their drugs. It was so bad that in his 2006 State of the Union address, Bush "said nothing about the new Medicare prescription drug program, an initiative Republicans once hoped to trumpet but has angered many seniors in its implementation," reported the Washington Post.
Much like Republican opponents of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, most Democratic Senators and almost all Democratic House members voted against Bush's Medicare Rx plan because they considered it an unnecessarily expensive, unfunded giveaway to insurance companies and pharmaceutical firms. But unlike Republican obstructionists who went to the Supreme Court, attempted to repeal and defund the law, blocked the expansion of Medicaid, refused to set up their own state health care exchanges, sought to cut-off funds for Obamacare "navigators," tried to halt spending on outreach and customer service, and even proclaimed they would refuse to answer constituent calls, Democrats at all levels helped save Bush's signature health care achievement from its disastrous roll-out. As then-Senator Hillary Clinton reasoned in 2006:
"I voted against it, but once it passed I certainly determined that I would try to do everything I could to make sure that New Yorkers understood it, could access it, and make the best of it."
That's the difference between Democrats and the current batch of Republicans Carol. Once the law was passed the Democrats got on board and actually helped it work. The ACA is making it even better by shrinking the donut hole and providing seniors with rebates to help them afford their medications.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1009545 Oct 23, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Donovan asked you a question. Why won't Sebelius testify at the congressional hearings?
Here's the answer you should have given: Because this administration has perfected the art of stonewalling and sweeping dirt under the rug, and the liberal media doesn't give a damn.
It has nothing to do with Republicans expecting to be included in the political process.
What's there to testify about Carol? Yes, the overwhelming response to the exchanges created an overload on the system. The same thing happened with Medicare Part D as I've already demonstrated. There weren't any congressional investigations then and there's no reason for them now. Unlike the Democrats who actually helped resolve the problems with the Bush/Republican plan, the Republicans only want to obstruct any progress.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1009546 Oct 23, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
How come Bush and Cheney never considered 'Old Europe' to be our allies??
After all, Germany and france criticized Bush's invasion of Iraq, after which, th eRepugnants renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries!!
Are you so stupid you do't remember how France was vilified by the Bush Admin??
----------
""French see Bush as the ugly American
By Vivienne Walt, USA TODAY
PARIS — In France's popular television satire, Les Guignols d'Info (The News Puppets), a Sylvester Stallone puppet struts on screen nightly, threatening to shoot 'em up against the Iraqis. French viewers clutching their sides in laughter understand who the show is lampooning: George W. Bush.
The disdain for Bush among many French people — exacerbated by the U.S. administration's aggressive push for a war in Iraq — is just one of several factors tearing the two allies apart. But it is the most visible. The view here and across parts of Europe is that the U.S. president's style and policies embody all that is brash, crass and impolitic about America. One reason the level of frustration may have reached a new high is many here feel there is little they or their leaders can do against America's overwhelming power.(Related item: Many Europeans oppose war in Iraq)
The shift in attitude is dramatic since Sept. 11, 2001, when French regularly stopped Americans in Paris to express their solidarity. France's Liberation newspaper published a poll 10 days later showing 73% of the French public believed their country should participate in any military action by U.S. forces in response to the attacks. On Sept. 12, 2001, the front page of France's largest newspaper Le Monde declared, "We are all Americans."
But they will be all French on Saturday, when thousands are expected to gather here as part of worldwide protests against a war in Iraq. A poll last week by the firm IFOP found that 77% of French adults oppose a war in Iraq, even if the U.N. Security Council gives its endorsement. And 81% said they didn't believe U.S. arguments that Saddam Hussein has been developing weapons of mass destruction in defiance of U.N. resolutions. Polls in Germany and several other European countries have shown similar opposition to the U.S. push to disarm Iraq by force.""
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/200...
----------
You're a filthy liar, nothing less.
You pull up a news article over a decade old roughly a month before the 2003 Iraq invasion. It exposed how a nation of surrender monkeys reacted to the potential of losing one of their top (mostly illicit) trade partners. After the 1991 Gulf War the French jackals were one of the biggest violators of UN imposed Iraq trade sanctions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Mexico 54,319
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min Gas Woman 70,144
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr feces for jesus 310,344
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) 16 hr Joan 12
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Fri psuzanne790 47
MK hot handbag cheap MK wallets Watch on iluxsh... Thu Dicy 1
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Wed zippy 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages