Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1007549 Oct 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, we can add to that.... got the hostage taking t-p to concede defeat on the debt ceiling.... accelerated the draw down in Afghanistan.... got Russia to bow to him and force Syria to agree to wmd destruction... has kept the economy from tanking since the good ol' bushie boy days.... has allowed America to become the biggest oil produces.... has allowed America to be a net gas exporter.... has re-instituted the bushie boy tax cuts for the rich (though I think cons should give him credit for that!).... a net outflow of immigrants from Mexico....
By golly this is a long list!!!!!
Oh, I like your list. We should definitely add, Improved America's image abroad after Bush took it to an all time low; expanded stem cell research and reined in offshore tax havens.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007550 Oct 19, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and not all medical costs are covered by medical insurance.
do yourself a favor there just try googling
"Leading cause of bankruptcy in the United States"
and learn something before you post, this way you won't like someone who hasn't a clue
and change your name to Jimmy Taggart, it'd be more appropriate
do you really live in a dump like Elmont?

just curious.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007551 Oct 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife fought &, still is fighting the onslaught of unhealthy food choices in school that targets majority black diseases.
by starving white kids for racial reasons???

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007552 Oct 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth s that GM would not have needed a bail out if George W Bush & the dickhead Republicans had not created the worst recession in 80 years.
That is the tragedy here.
You freakin bozos should quit blaming those who had to fix the mess & start blaming your own GD party that created tit.
My God.
GM built lousy enough cars that Toyota and Honda kicked their ass...dumassDave...
grow up....

Location hidden

#1007553 Oct 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Tea Party Republican Defends Being on Medicaid While Opposing Medicaid
A Tea Party candidate for Idaho's House of Representatives defended himself against allegations of hypocrisy following an NBC News article in which he admitted to signing his entire family up for Medicaid while running on a platform that calls for the dismantling of all government programs.
"I don’t think that the government should be involved in health care or health insurance," Greg Collett, 41, of Caldwell told NBC News earlier this month.
Collett, a self-employed software developer by trade, went on to note that his ten children — two biological, eight adopted — are all recipients of health insurance through the government's Medicaid program, and acknowledged that "there are a lot of people out there that’ll cry foul" over the dissonance.
And, indeed, many people did visit Collett's personal site shortly afterward to ask him what the hell.
In a lengthy response to all the naysayers, Collett attempted to defend his hypocrisy, but made it so much worse:
Let me set the record straight. Yes, I participate in government programs of which I adamantly oppose. Many of them, actually. Am I a hypocrite for participating in programs that I oppose? If it was that simple, and if participation demonstrated support, then of course. But, my reason for participation in government programs often is not directly related to that issue in and of itself, and it certainly does not demonstrate support. For instance, I participate in government programs in order to stay out of the courts, or jail, so that I can take care of my family; other things I do to avoid fines or for other financial reasons; and some are simply because it is the only practical choice. With each situation, I have to evaluate the consequences of participating or not participating.
Or, as Opposing Views helpfully summarizes: "[I]t is okay to take part in programs one opposes as long as one does not 'support' those programs."
http://gawker.com/tea-party-republican-defend...
typical.
Crazy..like most Tea Party candidates. I am left wondering what type of court system allows someone to adopt eight children when they can't even support themselves.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1007554 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Gray. This is not the thread for religious fanatics. There's a never ending supply of threads in the Christian forum for zealots to "opine as they see fit".
"uselesssinceforever "
Who give's a rats rear end what you think. To fit in you should go an idiots thread, you and "poop" would be naturals for that thread.
God bless America.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1007555 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter whose taxes were increased, unless you believe in discrimination?
"John Galt"
"real dumb" is a firm believer in taking those who bust their fanny and our successful and giving to the lazy, the ones with their hand out.
Peace

Location hidden

#1007556 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medical bills may be the tipping point in some cases, but not the root cause.
78% of those filing for bankruptcy have medical insurance...
Yes, but their loss of income as a result of not being able to work is considered a medical expense in a bankruptcy filing. Making it more likely that medical expenses really a tipping point.

Location hidden

#1007557 Oct 19, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What has Barack Hussein Obama done for African Americans, especially youths and families?
He has been an inspiration and symbol of hope.

Location hidden

#1007558 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE Ford received a $5.9 billion loan from the government in June 2009...the same month GM filed for bankruptcy. You people sure have selective memory.
GM is the 'turd' that can't be polished...

taxpayers even rescued GMAC...

"...Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companies’ auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC)..."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2012/...

True Capitalists don't believe in bailouts...
Kinda like Liberals don't believe in working...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007559 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
you're deflecting
...with feces flinging. Get the caretaker in there to clean up your cage.
What does " i'll i've seen is...." mean???
Bad air in the hood tonight?
3 monitors at once. headphones on. remixing 18 track song. trying to concentrate whilst taking down baggers usually doesn't take a lot of effort but on occasion.....and i need to make the money so i can pay for my new health insurance. or maybe i just need to quit working and let you pay for it.[?]

btw...i don't need to deflect. i didn't get my azz kicked by a failed effort from conservatives to take this country over the edge.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007560 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy..like most Tea Party candidates. I am left wondering what type of court system allows someone to adopt eight children when they can't even support themselves.
'But Judge, I need the Money!'

yes, we can see that you do.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007561 Oct 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Who give's a rats rear end what you think. To fit in you should go an idiots thread, you and "poop" would be naturals for that thread.
God bless America.
Peace
KMA
Hey dumazz liar what's a GIVE'S then An idiots thread...Idiot.You cannot hide your stupid or your feeble attempts at pretending that you have anything anyone else would be the least bit interested in. LOSER. Get back in that single wide and stay drunk like you are now.. Pervert. Who else would name themselves "EASY". One lowlife clown filled with envy and stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007562 Oct 19, 2013
Republicans Who Refused to Do Their Jobs Are Complaining About Getting Nothing Out of Shutdown

For Republicans to complain they did not “get anything” out of their government shutdown and damage to economic growth including killing jobs is an outrage. It is true that Republicans measure their success by the harm they cause the American people and the economy, but even the greediest Republican should be pleased they drew their congressional salary, cost the nation $24 billion, cut nearly a percentage point off of GDP, and killed hundreds-of-thousands of jobs adequate recompense for shutting down the government. However, it was not enough for Republicans and they intend to make up for it by heading into the next stage of their “work” resolute they will get “something big” for not doing their jobs when government funding runs out and the debt ceiling needs to be raised.

An overwhelming majority of Americans worried about the Republican shut down’s impact on the nation, with 71% saying the shutdown hurt the economy, and 73% saying it had hurt the country as a whole, and various economists’ assessments demonstrate the people’s worries are well-founded. What Americans should really be worried about is how much damage the next stage of Cruz’s extended battle will inflict on the nation, because if Republicans think costing the nation $24 billion, a drop in GDP, and hundreds-of-thousands of jobs lost was “not getting anything,” the people are in for a world of hurt because although congressional Republicans’ are employees of the people, they cannot terminate them for a year.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/19/republ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007563 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
GM built lousy enough cars that Toyota and Honda kicked their ass...dumassDave...
grow up....
GM is fourth in auto sales in California, behind Toyota, Honda, and Ford....

most GM sales are trucks, large SUVs, and muscle cars...

Cadillac sales are almost non-existent

Location hidden

#1007564 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if people had savings and had not already used their home as a piggybank, medical costs would not be a problem...
you're talking about people living week to week, not functioning members of society...
ObamaKKKare won't save them...
FACT: "Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all."

So, using your "logic" Republicans are just as likely to be "non functioning members of society" as Democrats. In fact, I would say more likely since they just love to buy things they can't afford.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-...

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#1007565 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companies’ auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC)..."
First person I've ever seen post who knew the GM bailout was actually for GMAC... a mortgage company.

Location hidden

#1007566 Oct 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He made it illegal for a person to go to prison for a possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
My God...

What in the hell are you smoking?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007567 Oct 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
"real dumb" is a firm believer in taking those who bust their fanny and our successful and giving to the lazy, the ones with their hand out.
Peace
What would a lowlife drunken lying loser like you know about being successful. On here drunk ever day, talking baby talk. You are laughed at by all with an IQ over 50. Great life you have butt boy.

Location hidden

#1007568 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I just need to point this out in case you have forgotten..GMAC, GM and Chrysler received those bailout funds under the Bush administration.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/30/gmac-washing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 50 min cpeter1313 305,715
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Chuck 19,243
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 46,843
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr Eric 69,427
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr TRD 68,522
The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) 21 hr Strayer 89
Beware Dog Walkers-off Silver Lane in East Htfd... (May '12) Sep 19 katie 7
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••