Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394798 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005470 Oct 16, 2013
The magic of the machine and Fact-checking...

"Some say this isn't an election about ideology, it's an election about competence. Well, it's nice of them to want to play on our field. But this election isn't only about competence, for competence is a narrow ideal. Competence makes the trains run on time but doesn't know where they're going. Competence is the creed of the technocrat who makes sure the gears mesh but doesn't for a second understand the magic of the machine."

1988 Bush...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005471 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
Has Fox News declared victory for the Republicans yet?
Just checked__they've got Robin Leach on and the fat old Limey fk is a right wing loon__who knew.

Or maybe he just needed a quick paycheck.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1005472 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot go AWOL if you aren't in the military. But continue trying.
It's obvious what Clinton did.
http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005473 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
"We fought the good fight," Boehner said. "We just didn't win."
You never stood a chance JB
Frankly, boxing matches aren't my thing. So I'm actually relieved the gloves have come off and that part's over.

Now we can sit back and watch the show - don't know if it's a tragedy or comedy - it's another surprise.

Talk to ya' later, Homer. The Five is on.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005474 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having some problems following your logic.
The House planned to shut down the government by passing funding bills and sending them to the Senate, right?
By the way, there was never any government shut down. It was all a hoax. 87 percent of the government remained unaffected. And we need to cut that 13 percent. The govenment cannot possibly avoid collapse at the current spending levels.
I must have missed all those various 'clean' bills of theirs.

Or the cons in the House must have completely ignored anything anyone else said.

I vote for the later.

Prevented this

#1005475 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that we have all seen actually cry was John Boehner, and more than once. I haven't heard Obama cry about any of those. I suspect that you are a victim of your own imagination and inability to think rationally. So being a bagger was rather easy for you.
We all have seen O'bama the ball baby, the victim. O'bama the victim. O'bama the ball baby victim.
https://www.google.com/search...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005476 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you learn that repeating the same lies over and over again will not result in it become truth?
lol! It's just natural for them!
KarlRove

Rochester, KY

#1005477 Oct 16, 2013
Wait all the votes are not in yet !!!!!!!!!! The Tea Peas may still shut it down.

Prevented this

#1005478 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So you're claiming bushie boy didn't screw up iraq son?
do tell!
Is sabotaging the economy considered a WMD to you?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005479 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again.
I'm having some problems following your logic.
The House planned to shut down the government by passing funding bills and sending them to the Senate, right?
You having problems with logic isn't anything new or exceptional son.

It's normal.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005480 Oct 16, 2013
Oh brother,

Fresh off finishing the shut down, Dems are now pushing more spending, higher taxes, and immigration reform. Awesome

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005481 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that. You said they planned to shut down the government and then said there was no government shutdown. Make up your mind already.
You have some problems reading and comprehending the written English language.
I never said the Republicans planned to shut down the government. I suggested the government be shut down until it grows up and can do the most basic things every other government in the entire world does like budget itself. Even countries like Nigeria can generate a budget. Our government is more incompetent than the government of Nigeria.
There was no government shut down. It was all a hoax.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005483 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You having problems with logic isn't anything new or exceptional son.
It's normal.

Orlando, FL

#1005484 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Do you read our brain damaged plagiarist Fayetteville poster who links Pastor John Hagee's rapture jiberrish?
Be honest for a change eh?
Don't know who Pastor John Hagee is. And, no, didn't read the post or see the link.

However, the scriptures are clear about some of us leaving the earth in the clouds somehow before the tribulation.

But I also happen to believe Moses and Ezekiel were "taken up to the sky" in a UFO and we're all somehow linked to ETs.

Doesn't change my fundamental beliefs whatsoever. Still believe Jesus was sent from God to tell us we have to love and forgive each other and to offer hope and salvation to those at the end of their rope...and, of course, that God is the source of all creation and the universe.

But some of us are definitely going to leave this earth somehow before the you-know-what hits the fan.

So what was your question again?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005485 Oct 16, 2013
KarlRove wrote:
Wait all the votes are not in yet !!!!!!!!!! The Tea Peas may still shut it down.
This time I hope it's not another Democrat hoax government shut down. The government needs to be shut down until it grows up.
How about we shut the government down until a budget is passed and signed. Until a budget is passed and signed, nobody in the government gets anything, no welfare checks get sent out, no money gets spent whatsoever until a budget is signed.
How about that?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005486 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>BTW earlier you made another mistaken post__Oh My.
Islam is very anti gay__but not, definitely not, anti abortion. You can learn all you want at Islam on Abortion and those, cough, guidelines are widely misinterpreted throughout the Islam world. India for instance, where women seek sonograms to learn sex and immediately abort females in order to save dowry dollars.
Life is cheap eh? During the first four months__but then who's really counting?
Strange you are using India as proof as their main religions are Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism

Orlando, FL

#1005487 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Just checked__they've got Robin Leach on and the fat old Limey fk is a right wing loon__who knew.
Or maybe he just needed a quick paycheck.
That's funny. Heard him talking in the background. Couldn't remember what his name was. Wasn't even sure he was still alive.
NJ raider 1

Orange, NJ

#1005488 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, boxing matches aren't my thing. So I'm actually relieved the gloves have come off and that part's over.
Now we can sit back and watch the show - don't know if it's a tragedy or comedy - it's another surprise.
Talk to ya' later, Homer. The Five is on.
Look up H res. 368, passed undercover by the republican house members on Oct 1, to stymie any attempts of anyone beside the majority leader or, his appointee the privilege to bring forth a vote on reopening the gov't. Also look up rule 22;4 of the standing house rules so you can see how they put the freeze on any progress

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005489 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner won.
He knew they could never get defunding or delay of Obamacare. He knew he had the votes to pass a lean CR before the Oct 1 deadline. But if he did, then Cruz, Lee & the Tea Partiers would say how they could have stopped Obamacare but that mean nasty Boehner stopped him.
They would be out this year pushing Tea Party candidates in the primaries.
So Boehner gave them the rope & Cruz ETAL hung themselves out to dry showing not only how stupid they were but how dishonest they were.
" Oh No we didn't shut down the government, Obama did"
The American People outside a few Tea Party morons knew this was a lie.
They know that was not how Congress was supposed to operate.
Instead the Tea Party painted themselves to be morons & painted Congress as dysfunctional - dysfunctional because of the TeaParty.
It might hurt the non wacko Republicans in the fall elections but it will help them fight off tea party challengers in the primaries. After the primary, gerrymandering will keep their seats.
John Boehner planned this out & he won. He kept additional Tea Party members out of Congress in 2014 & likely throw some existing tea party seat holders out.
Kudos for John Boehner.
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a RINO costume. How long have I been saying that? Since January, 2011, right? Any doubt about that now?
He leads the Republican's 5th column.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005490 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's just natural for them!
like...
"The attack in Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous demonstration...."
How many times did Susan Rice repeat this lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,034
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,710
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Brian_G 311,325
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) Jun 22 ladyslipper 156
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages