Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
919,841 - 919,860 of 1,100,112 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1001215 Oct 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree 100%(for the first time, might I add)with this comment. We in Arizona will HAPPILY take Texas (and any other Red State). I have LONG thought the two coasts should align in their own separate entity.
I honestly believe this will come to fruition gradually over the next couple of decades......
Definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1001216 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe that bull?
CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: But what is going to happen? I mean, are you clear on where a compromise is going to be? It's got to be discussed before the end of the year, no?

PAUL KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT.

++++++++++

So, you're calling Krugman a liar?

Paul Krugman - Ivy educated liberal, Nobel Memorial winner in economics - doesn't know what he's talking about?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1001217 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
The 8 Craziest Things Ted Cruz has said:
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/10/11/2...
1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him:“So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”

Now, this is funny coming from someone in the Senate. It's like having Will Rodgers there.

2. On the press:“The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”

Sounds accurate to me.

3. On the Constitution:“This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”

Sounds accurate to me.

4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech:“Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country

Funny, but has a basis in truth, like all comedy.

7. On the Cold War:“Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”

I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz wasn't in the Senate when the Cold War ended in 1989.

8. On Vice President Biden:“You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”

True.

http://thinkprogress.org/

So-called "progressive" site, promotes the most regressive ideologies that have ever existed.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1001218 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe that bull? Why don't you actually READ the act instead of posting lies from 2009? I actually thought you were smarter than that.
What rock do you live under?

"Canada has been able to develop a fairly successful system of healthcare rationing by balancing the conflicting concerns of equal access and cost efficiency, federal funding and provincial control, and public sector management and private sector provision. Financial constraints limit the kinds of services included within the notion of equal access, however, forcing healthcare providers to make difficult choices about who will receive a particular healthcare service."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10139963

DOH!

I forgot! You are a zombie that believes Obama, Democrats & the Ministry of Propaganda (liberal news media).

OK Democrat, you can go back to watching your cartoons now.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001220 Oct 11, 2013
APNewsBreak: Gen in charge of ICBMs to be fired

The Air Force said Friday it fired the two-star general from command of its nuclear missiles in response to an investigation into alleged personal misbehavior. It was the second sacking this week of a senior commander of nuclear forces.

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-gen-charge-...

Hmmm any comments

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1001221 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama is going down in flames--you are correct the conservatives and the republicans should not be negotiating. When the contributing members of the Republican party head for the finish line, the old-guard Republicans are lined up near the finish line trying to trip them. They should be trying to trip O'bama and pray he will not get up.
The TEA Party will continually be opposed by RINOs because the RINOs don't want to cede the power of controlling the party. They will always be opposed by Democrats because they are capitalist constitutionalists and not Marxist communists.

The confrontations will continue until the RINOs finally join the party they actually belong to.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001222 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop acting like the Dem's being women's benevolent daddy over our lady parts is what we want!
Maybe your wife wants this, but many women find it creepy.
that explains why Obama won the women's vote by double digits!!

You're 20 years past needing BC, so of course it's not important to you!!

But to women of childbeasring age, it is very important.

That's why yo're on the losing side. Silly vagina!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1001223 Oct 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha... Yeah, that one was too good to be true. As I said before, I'd actually LOVE to have a big chunk of hashish to ease the aching pain of my athletic joint injuries with one breath at night time. A helluva lot better and easier on the bod than the opiates docs will prescribe....
i'm 59, bad hips, knee, foot, shoulder. still playing basketball.

you figure it out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001224 Oct 11, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its my hope (and new poll numbers are very encouraging) is that this most recent nonsense will kill the Republican Party. The party is non-functional in its factionalism. The next three biggest organized and balloted parties are, in descending order: the Libertarian Party, Green Party, and the Constitution Party. The Libertarian Party speaks for itself, the Constitution Party is for all the Jesus Nazis, old school republicans would probably split between the two. Those two parties can caucus against the Democrats. I hope too that the Green Party will pull members away from the Democratic Party once the Republican Party is no longer the threat that binds the two now. Environmentalists and hippies are as disgusted with the Ds as Libertarians are with the Rs.
Then we might have a representative government that would be necessarily smaller because only shared purposes would make their way into law. For instance: the Constitution Party won't be able to ban abortion because that's not on any of the other parties' agenda meanwhile the Ds wouldn't be able to do something like expand welfare because that's not on any other parties' agenda either. But, the Green, Libertarian and D parties could all caucus against the Constitution Party to reduce military spending and overseas occupation.
Perfect!
If massive numbers of Republicans move to the Libertarian Party, they will take over the party and make it adhere to its platform.

2.4 Government Finance and Spending

All persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1001225 Oct 11, 2013
"So in almost two weeks a overwhelming 51,000 people have signed up for Obamacare. Good Grief! What a disaster!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001226 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Lily. The challenge to post the craziest things this president has said is hard to pass up. But there's so many, there isn't enough room to post them all without taking up a few pages.
I can't believe I agree with Billo:

Bill O'Reilly: Republicans Will Lose In 2014, 2016 If They Don't 'Solve Problems'(VIDEO)

Posted: 10/11/2013 9:19 am EDT | Updated: 10/11/2013 9:29 am EDT

"The Republican Party finds itself in trouble -- big trouble. Obamacare is not going to be defunded, and the GOP will have to make a deal with the president. And you know who's most happy about this? Hillary Clinton, that's who. Hard-right Americans should understand that Democrats will win next year's midterm elections and the presidency of 2016 if the Republican party does not begin to solve problems
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001227 Oct 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah sure you do__Jim DeMint would be very impressed with your understanding of current events.
*rolls eyes*

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001228 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is a welfare program. It's not for people who work their entire lives.
How long have you been on Medicaid??

Do they cover therapy for imagining ghosts are talking to you in your TV?? Or are you too batshyt crazy for that??

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1001229 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol waved the White Flag.
She lost on her stupid commie insults.
She's still living in th e1950's Joe McCarthy era.
According to these hateful racists, the reds are everywhere!! Led by our first black President!!
Except they're not.
And Carol's lies aren't working, so;
"The subject is closed"
In case you've been in a coma the past 4 years or so, they're in the White House.

And, yes, Vallerie Jarrett is our first black president. She's also our first female president.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1001230 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She don't care about bc. Her vagina has been non functional for decades!!
Her mother sure could have used it, though!!
"She don't care"?

Stupid F!ck.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001231 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dems are one point from matching their all time low.
No it isn't working. People will still hate Obamacare.
That maximum pain is causing embarrassment to their party.
"No pain, no gain."

If you're aim is to fundamentally transform a nation into a one-party system with total government control and a single-payer system as the starting point, somebody's gotta feel some pain.

It's just too bad it's us - and the families of fallen soldiers.

Good thing Obama and Hagel had all those lawyers to tell them it's okay to pay for those soldiers' funerals.

But, once again, welcome to a new America - The Dumb and Dumber United States of America.

(I'll just shorten it to DDUSA from now on.)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001232 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
She don't care about bc. Her vagina has been non functional for decades!!
Her mother sure could have used it, though!!
Perhaps Whatever should watch the Vagina Monologues so she can overcome her distaste of talking about her vagina!! It's hilarious.
I'm always fascinated by this false puritianism that is displayed by many Americans; as if sex is a bad thing, our bodies are bad.
Do they want to pretend that penises and vaginas don't exist? No wonder they're all into sick stuff.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1001233 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama is going down in flames--you are correct the conservatives and the republicans should not be negotiating. When the contributing members of the Republican party head for the finish line, the old-guard Republicans are lined up near the finish line trying to trip them. They should be trying to trip O'bama and pray he will not get up.
lol! Well gee son, it's not like you people didn't already make this fact known!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001234 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government, of course, which means by only the half of the country that pays all the income taxes) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).
If you don't/didn't belong to a union, you're not part of the special elite group that the rest of the country has to support.
Every communist community organizer and their organization gets special treatment and the half of the country paying all the income taxes has to support them.
Page 65/section 164: 12 SEC. 164. REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES.
13 (a) ESTABLISHMENT.—
14 (1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 90 days after
15 the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary
16 of Health and Human Services shall establish a tem-
17 porary reinsurance program (in this section referred
18 to as the ‘‘reinsurance program’’) to provide reim-
19 bursement to assist participating employment-based
20 plans with the cost of providing health benefits to
21 retirees and to eligible spouses, surviving spouses
22 and dependents of such retirees.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200i...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1001235 Oct 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I was having a conversation with a young dude (under 30) last night about saving and compound interest. The subject came up because he said by the time he got old there would be no SS left for him. By the way, the guy next to him said to him you put your money in and it will be there for you. I let that slide. Anyway, I tried to tell him that if he would set aside a couple of dollar a day and deposit it somewhere he could get a good rate of return it would add up in 30 years for him to take care of himself when he got old. He said he couldn't afford to set aside a couple of dollars a day. In the time we had the conversation he drank 4 Bud Lights and smoked at least three cigs. People don't want to be responsible for themselves. They would rather have the fun, the car, the big house, the fancy vacation every year and then screw the taxpayer when they got old or sick. Democrats know this and so pander to them. the destruction of the greatest country on Earth is on it's way from the inside out. It's a damn shame!
They were saying SS would be gone when I was growing up back in the 70's, of course all those people that were saying it are now collecting it today. SS is not going anywhere. Well unless we keep blowing money on useless wars like the Iraq War.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 68,973
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min danetoo 68,365
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr The real deal AB 18,865
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr SpaceBlues 46,307
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 5 hr Sir Samuel 20
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search