Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433236 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1001938 Oct 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans’ confidence in the two-party dominated system has hit an all-time low, with only 18 percent saying they’re satisfied with the way the nation is being run.
Let's have three parties?

Ok

DEMOCRATS

REPUBLICANS

TEA PARTY IMBECILES

Democrats continue to win!

Right whiners split the rest of the vote!

Guarantees YOU always lose!

LOSER!

LOSER!

SORE LOSER!
LMAO

Burbank, CA

#1001939 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a strange and baseless analysis.

The percentage of Americans rating the Republicans unfavorably. More than one-quarter of Republicans (27 percent) viewed their own party unfavorably. You and your party are living proof of that old quote from the bible "hate begets hate." Congrats!! Mission accomplished!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001940 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think arguing who is MORE unpopular proves any of them are?
I posted Obama's ratings to counter your claim that Obama has the support of Americans.
Like everything in life, it's all relative.

Obama is faring far better than your side, and it's driving you even crazier!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001941 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are still having problems figuring this out.
Quotes and polls- as a courtesy- should have links.
To finish the quote-
"Again, "Talking Points" understands Obamacare is not good for the country, but that must be vividly proven in order for the Democrats to take a massive hit. And the only way that will happen is if the law collapses, which it well might. When Americans begin to see their insurance premiums, co-pays and deductibles go up and their doctors not readily available, there's going to be a lot of anger and the tide will turn."
hey Chicken Little wazzz up!?

so if BillO nailed that part of his 'Republicans are screwed' dissertation, then he must have nailed the first part.

and if i don't cite a quote i did it on purpose. why should i be the only one who has to hunt down right wing sources?
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001942 Oct 12, 2013
time to elect congress on equal footing. a tea bagger representing a district with 200 racist tea baggers shouldnt have the same say as a person with a 100,000 people living in it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001943 Oct 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare's numbers are up, from 31% to 38%.
Yours are at 21% and sinking.
I figure Obamacare will remain far more popular than Teabag Nation.
Where are the trucks you nitwits were talking about all week??
USA wasted all day yesterday trying to prove that Obamacare was popular and we kept pointing out that it still fails to have anywhere near the acceptation of the majority of Americans and then you and others have come in here and destroy her claims.

An unpopular policy is still an unpopular policy.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1001944 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the Dems didn't want Bush to be one term.
PS Only the far Left finds it shocking that it is true.
of course the main difference is that the Democrats WORKED with the Bush administration and didn't close the government down or threaten to default on our debt already incurred.

In fact the last time this happened, a Federal gov't shut down and a threat to reneg on our debt, there was a Democrat in the oval office and Republicans controlled congress

DO YOU SEE A FRIGGIN PATTERN HERE
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001945 Oct 12, 2013
its obvious those dumb hillbillies arent up to the task of governing
they are traitors.
should be shot on sight
LMAO

Burbank, CA

#1001946 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a strange and baseless analysis.

The percentage of Americans rating the Republicans unfavorably also reached a record high of 60 percent unfavorably. More than one-quarter of Republicans (27 percent) viewed their own party unfavorably. You and your party are living proof of that old quote from the bible "hate begets hate." Congrats!! Mission accomplished!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001947 Oct 12, 2013
At least so far, the standoff has been a political bloodbath for Republicans. And maybe that’s exactly what was needed to right the political system: The effort to gut Obamacare had to crash like this so that Republican leaders and lawmakers would find the courage to stand up to tea party toughs, and so that business leaders would decide to stop funding a small band of right-wing activists whose interests are antithetical to their own.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001948 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you make misogynist comments, use crude vocabulary, call names and slander on a daily basis, but someone challenging your Egyptian non-reality is a meltdown?
Yes, because I can back up what I said.

What you said was just another lie, your specialty.

Enjoy your meltdown. You've earned it.
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001949 Oct 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You crazy teabaggers think you speak for Americans? HA! You're a damn fool.
if you add up the total number of votes recieved by democrats in the house vs what the republicans got, the democrats, even with the minority of seats, totalled millions more
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001950 Oct 12, 2013
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.

This could've been a week when Republicans crystallized the case against Obamacare. Instead it's been a week in which they've crystallized the case against themselves.

And for what?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001951 Oct 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Chicken Little wazzz up!?
so if BillO nailed that part of his 'Republicans are screwed' dissertation, then he must have nailed the first part.
and if i don't cite a quote i did it on purpose. why should i be the only one who has to hunt down right wing sources?
other than ema'am the nut from neb is the dumbest on here
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001952 Oct 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
of course the main difference is that the Democrats WORKED with the Bush administration and didn't close the government down or threaten to default on our debt already incurred.
In fact the last time this happened, a Federal gov't shut down and a threat to reneg on our debt, there was a Democrat in the oval office and Republicans controlled congress
DO YOU SEE A FRIGGIN PATTERN HERE
therein lies the problem with the democrats.
say what you will about those tea bag azzholes but they NEVER back down.
they are hillbilly ignorant and dont give a shit about our country. they just want it their way. dems wont do that because they arent mean enough.
LMAO

Burbank, CA

#1001953 Oct 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
USA wasted all day yesterday trying to prove that Obamacare was popular and we kept pointing out that it still fails to have anywhere near the acceptation of the majority of Americans and then you and others have come in here and destroy her claims.
An unpopular policy is still an unpopular policy.

"I do think leadership in the House needs to change," Hannity said. "I don't think John Boehner is equipped for the job. I don't think he has the stomach to negotiate. I don't think he has the ability to communicate the positive, solution-oriented vision for the country."
"How hard is it?" Hannity asked. "Why aren't these guys out there explaining what their vision is?"

KERPLUNK!!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001954 Oct 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar. It's your quote that started it.
"""Refusing to post links to back up your claims contrary to history is not an argument -it is waving the white flag." - whatever""
Funny, you demand links from others, yet insist you needn't provide any.
You just wave your White Flag a hundred times a day.
You are still having problems understanding the differences here I see-

""Refusing to post links to back up your claims contrary to history is not an argument"

If you are going to make outrageous claims that let's say World War II was a result of greed for gold, then you need to back it up.

"Silly, it was Nuc, Yuck and you who started the troll war of demanding proof for such idiocies as common knowledge, things irrelevant, things that can be easily found by searching or to what was an opinion.
No Surprise and perhaps others then trolled you back with the same moronic demands. "

The above is being petty and people noticed.

You can figure it out.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1001955 Oct 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that Americans don't want affordable health care because they don't want the government interfering in their lives. That ranks up there in the top ten dumbest things ever said here.
Peace
SMD
"emeen"
Your above literary of BS is the number 1 dumbest statement ever made on this thread.
The number of American's who do not want or support nobamakare is 58% and growing. WE all understand that a loser like you needs government to take care of your needs. You are unable, to lazy and ignorant, to care for yourself.
Peace
KMA
PS: Just curious, is this the meaning of;
S tinking
M ean
D umocrat
dem

Lombard, IL

#1001956 Oct 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.
This could've been a week when Republicans crystallized the case against Obamacare. Instead it's been a week in which they've crystallized the case against themselves.
And for what?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
absolutely
instead of the media focusing on the problems getting the aca going they are reporting on how dumb the tea party faction is.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001957 Oct 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because I can back up what I said.
What you said was just another lie, your specialty.
Enjoy your meltdown. You've earned it.
All you posted was an opinion. If you want to back it up, please do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min An NFL Fan 61,503
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 53 min Mini mouse 20,632
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,058
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr zef 311,906
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages