Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382123 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001346 Oct 11, 2013
Did anybody see Crossfire last night? Van Jones and Ted Cruz? It was phenomenal!

&fe ature=youtu.be
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001347 Oct 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>lily who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid, loser and working hard to prove it... that's lily!
<quoted text>
It's the culture...
LOL, Nuc actually posted "Vaginas aren't good at facts."

If that is Dem culture, they are in trouble.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001348 Oct 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Boehner should have enough socked away by now to go back to Shitsville OH and sit at the bar for thirty years__or retire to The Villages and join one of the swingers clubs.
Good thing the American people donated to the Fisher House out of the goodness of their hearts to fund the families of the fallen soldiers - which should be near and dear to your own heart.

Obama and Hagel were too busy contacting lawyers and waiting for them to tell them it was okay.

Yet, Obama has no problem writing checks to the Egyptian leader using the power of the Executive Branch and Executive Order.

Go figure.

And you don't see something wrong with this picture?
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1001349 Oct 11, 2013
Hi! I have 2 alias names I am using...and this is one
of them...The war in Syria is remaining just a civil
war and The U.S.A. is not getting involved! The
exclamation mark shows how surprised I am. The stock
market went up 340 points yesterday. Today is October
11, 2013 and I am not predicting the end of the world
soon. The U.S.A. Government stopped giving some loans
to Egypt, because of the coup. What I am writing is
all in the newspapers, but I am just blogging and I
have nothing original to say. I have to watch what I
say, because I could not get it posted if I say the
wrong thing. Free internet? No! I will post this and
then surf the net. Love, el cid 777
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001350 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tenzing!
Truckers Ride for the Constitution October 11 - Take to Beltway in protest of Obama...

See Facebook Truckers Ride For The Constitution 150,688 likes · 105,135 talking about this..

https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstituti...

The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless leader and chief obama...

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

Go Truckers!!... Go Middle Clas!!... Go Bikers!!...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001351 Oct 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have been really impressed with the clowns in LA questioned on the street by reporters. Turns out that plenty of people hate Obamacare, but love the Affordable Care Act.
So they know what is in the Obamacare act they don't like.

But, they have no clue what is in the ACA act.

Did anyone tell them it was the same thing?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001352 Oct 11, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What rock do you live under?
"Canada has been able to develop a fairly successful system of healthcare rationing by balancing the conflicting concerns of equal access and cost efficiency, federal funding and provincial control, and public sector management and private sector provision. Financial constraints limit the kinds of services included within the notion of equal access, however, forcing healthcare providers to make difficult choices about who will receive a particular healthcare service."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10139963
DOH!
I forgot! You are a zombie that believes Obama, Democrats & the Ministry of Propaganda (liberal news media).
OK Democrat, you can go back to watching your cartoons now.
Oh, for crying out loud. We already have "healthcare providers making difficult choices about who will receive a particular health care service". We have had "utilization management" since the 40's.
Grow up.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1001353 Oct 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Approximately 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during healthcare.gov ’s first week online, according to an exclusive report from The Daily Mail.
The Number of People Who Have Reportedly Signed Up for Obamacare Is Embarrassingly Low
A woman looks at the HealthCare. gov insurance exchange internet site October 1, 2013 in Washington, DC. US President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as it is commonly called, passed in March 2010, went into effect Tuesday at 8am EST (Getty Images)
This may signal a serious problem.
The Congressional Budget Office said it needs at least 7 million enrollees during the open enrollment period, which is slated to last six months, to keep the massive new health care law financially stable.
At this rate, and if the 51,000 figure is accurate, the total number of Americans who will have signed up by the end of the enrollment period will be roughly 1.32 million (this includes the state-run exchanges).
“The administration’s goal is 7 million people in the first year,” Americans for Tax Reform president Grover Norquist told MailOnline.“We are not on track for anything like 7 million. New Coke was retired for being a smaller disappointment.”
Several Obama administration officials, including Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, have claimed that they do not have access to the official enrollment figures.
“There was no good reason to hide these number,” Norquist said, referring to the White House’s refusal to comment on the official figures.“This is not keeping a secret from the Russians or the Syrians.… Why lie about this, for crying out loud?”
The Daily Mail’s anonymous sources, who process data for the HHS, confirmed independently of each other that just 6,200 people applied for Obamacare on Oct. 1, the day healthcare.gov went live.
“These numbers reflect what we all know: Obamacare is a disaster,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told MailOnline.“It is time for the president to admit Obamacare is not working and that the American people deserve better.”
Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Enroll America — the group charged with “navigating” Americans through the signup process — declined to comment on the official enrollment figures.
“[I]f the numbers are accurate,” said Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas), who chairs the House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee, they show “that relatively few people have navigated the challenges of the first step of the process – roughly the population of a small town in my district.”
“The White House and HHS have continually claimed they did not have these figures,” Brady told MailOnline.“If they do, they have misled the Congress and the American people.”
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said the low numbers are indicative of a much bigger problem.
“Far more people have been unable to complete their applications because of crashing websites or impossible wait times than have successfully enrolled,” Issa said.“[T]he clock is ticking and the window for open enrollment gets smaller every day.”
But the number was wrong as clearing noted by the Bloomburg site.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001354 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup! Here we have it folks! Another vagina hater!
Quel surprise
You rightwing males really hate women don't you? You have that we gave you life; without us, you wouldn't exist. Yes! And, we can choose not to give you life as well! That's right!
We can choose if we will have sex with you or not.
We can choose if we will work for you, marry you, have your children! You are helpless; whining away with your limp little weewee and you can't do a damn thing about it.
Haahaa! Vagina power is here to stay and Hillary will be the next President!! Just wait!
lily who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid, loser and working hard to prove Nuc... that's lily!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Vaginas aren't good at facts. They just spew nasty mucous.
It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1001355 Oct 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my conservative son-in-law was crying about Silk Road being shutdown.
he just thought it was cool that someone was giving the Government the middle finger.
as for my proclivities as to recreational drugs....i've never inhaled.
The silk road is alive and well in Afghanistan under the O'bama regime. Bush was clear cutting and burning the poppies--O'bama is securing them.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1001357 Oct 11, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct Homer, I didn't read it probably just as you won't read this one.
Read what?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1001358 Oct 11, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Approximately 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during healthcare.gov ’s first week online, according to an exclusive report from The Daily Mail.
The Number of People Who Have Reportedly Signed Up for Obamacare Is Embarrassingly Low
A woman looks at the HealthCare. gov insurance exchange internet site October 1, 2013 in Washington, DC. US President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as it is commonly called, passed in March 2010, went into effect Tuesday at 8am EST (Getty Images)
This may signal a serious problem.
The Congressional Budget Office said it needs at least 7 million enrollees during the open enrollment period, which is slated to last six months, to keep the massive new health care law financially stable.
At this rate, and if the 51,000 figure is accurate, the total number of Americans who will have signed up by the end of the enrollment period will be roughly 1.32 million (this includes the state-run exchanges).
“The administration’s goal is 7 million people in the first year,” Americans for Tax Reform president Grover Norquist told MailOnline.“We are not on track for anything like 7 million. New Coke was retired for being a smaller disappointment.”
Several Obama administration officials, including Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, have claimed that they do not have access to the official enrollment figures.
“There was no good reason to hide these number,” Norquist said, referring to the White House’s refusal to comment on the official figures.“This is not keeping a secret from the Russians or the Syrians.… Why lie about this, for crying out loud?”
The Daily Mail’s anonymous sources, who process data for the HHS, confirmed independently of each other that just 6,200 people applied for Obamacare on Oct. 1, the day healthcare.gov went live.
“These numbers reflect what we all know: Obamacare is a disaster,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told MailOnline.“It is time for the president to admit Obamacare is not working and that the American people deserve better.”
Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and Enroll America — the group charged with “navigating” Americans through the signup process — declined to comment on the official enrollment figures.
“[I]f the numbers are accurate,” said Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas), who chairs the House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee, they show “that relatively few people have navigated the challenges of the first step of the process – roughly the population of a small town in my district.”
“The White House and HHS have continually claimed they did not have these figures,” Brady told MailOnline.“If they do, they have misled the Congress and the American people.”
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said the low numbers are indicative of a much bigger problem.
“Far more people have been unable to complete their applications because of crashing websites or impossible wait times than have successfully enrolled,” Issa said.“[T]he clock is ticking and the window for open enrollment gets smaller every day.”
they were touting they needed 16 million last week to keep the O'bamanotcare up and running--now it is 7 million? it cost over 600 million for the O'bamacare website--does this make any sense to anyone?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001359 Oct 11, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to talk process?
The Continuing Resolution has ZERO to do with Obamacare, Obamacare is already funded so it has NOTHING to do with Obamacare. It is not being held up by democratic process because the process is to put it to a vote in the House but Boehner WON'T take it to the floor.
Hate having to always school you on stuff you should have learned in HS.
The Republicans wants a one year extension of Obamacare

Since: Nov 11

United States

#1001360 Oct 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

on the rise.

and btw....republicans vote and they're not happy with republicans.

Many Republican respondents were unsparing in their view of what their representatives have been doing:

More than a third of Republicans disapproved of how their partyÂ’s members in Congress are doing their job, while nearly 40% said congressional Republicans were putting the partyÂ’s agenda above the good of the country [bold mine-DL].

When that many people in your own party are against what you’ve been doing, it is absurd to believe that you are in a position to “win” anything.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Obama(Care) who?
You can make any poll to say anything you want!

Democrats had done it before!

No single Republicans ever mess with polls as Democrats are experts on that!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001361 Oct 11, 2013
Update!!*** 173,674 likes · 142,729 talking about Truckers Ride For The Constitution

https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstituti...

Obama's continued government shutdown proves just how brown shirt the USA and demokRats have become since George Bush, comrade obama denying people freedom, controlling peoples lives, and denying people their rights..

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...

United States

#1001362 Oct 11, 2013
OBAMA: THE ANGRY BLACK MAN

United States

#1001363 Oct 11, 2013
The "most transparent" administration, just had a closed door "secret" meeting.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001364 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing the American people donated to the Fisher House out of the goodness of their hearts to fund the families of the fallen soldiers - which should be near and dear to your own heart.
Obama and Hagel were too busy contacting lawyers and waiting for them to tell them it was okay.
Yet, Obama has no problem writing checks to the Egyptian leader using the power of the Executive Branch and Executive Order.
Go figure.
And you don't see something wrong with this picture?
This whole thing was poorly handled.

Jay Carney was stating they wouldn't sign a bill allowing a Death Benefit at the same time they were voting for such on the Hill.

Carney stated Fisher House plan was a good one, then at 8:30 pm last night the news wires announce Obama signed it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001365 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I can't believe I agree with Billo:
Bill O'Reilly: Republicans Will Lose In 2014, 2016 If They Don't 'Solve Problems'(VIDEO)
Posted: 10/11/2013 9:19 am EDT | Updated: 10/11/2013 9:29 am EDT
"The Republican Party finds itself in trouble -- big trouble. Obamacare is not going to be defunded, and the GOP will have to make a deal with the president. And you know who's most happy about this? Hillary Clinton, that's who. Hard-right Americans should understand that Democrats will win next year's midterm elections and the presidency of 2016 if the Republican party does not begin to solve problems
Yes, I agree. And Democrats are going to have one helluva time defending Obamacare this time next year too.

It seems to me it's going to be a lot easier for Republicans to come together after trying to solve the problem of Obamacare and insisting Obama act like an adult leader in a two-party system than Democrats defending the impending disaster after the present back and forth is all said and done and forgotten.

Can't you just see the ads in 2014 showing Mount Rushmore and the WWII Monument railed up and sandbagged for no reason whatsoever except to punish the people to get back at Republicans?

With Nancy Pelosi on a split screen giving a grandstand speech on the National Mall for illegal immigrants at the same time?

I can pretty much guarantee that won't be so easily forgotten.

United States

#1001366 Oct 11, 2013
el cid 777 wrote:
Hi! I have 2 alias names I am using...and this is one
of them...The war in Syria is remaining just a civil
war and The U.S.A. is not getting involved! The
exclamation mark shows how surprised I am. The stock
market went up 340 points yesterday. Today is October
11, 2013 and I am not predicting the end of the world
soon. The U.S.A. Government stopped giving some loans
to Egypt, because of the coup. What I am writing is
all in the newspapers, but I am just blogging and I
have nothing original to say. I have to watch what I
say, because I could not get it posted if I say the
wrong thing. Free internet? No! I will post this and
then surf the net. Love, el cid 777
Just wait until we default on the National Debt, and come back!

Let's see when the Chinese refuse to buy any more dollars (Treasury Securities), just wait, just wait!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min litesong 59,441
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 9 hr JoeBakRotsInHell 134
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... 9 hr Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) 9 hr JoeBakRotsInHell 87
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr zef 311,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Sue Remington 20,274
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 70,599
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages