Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#997000 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
breaking news of great importance.
Conservatives call for boycott of Ritz Crackers because Al Sharpton said ‘cracker’ once, about 20 years ago
The boycott is led by Ben Shapiro, an editor for the conservative Breitbart News and author of the recent Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America, and is part of Truth Revolt, a project by the right-wing David Horowitz Freedom Center.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/07/conserv...
you can call me ignorant all you want, but at least i'm not a conservative who's been deluded into thinking everyone is paying attention to it's stupidity beyond the fact that it's stupidity.
so you can see why Jon Stewart is so successful, and, why conservatives think Colbert is for real.
Calling any food "cracker" is racially insulting. We demand they change the name. Or, change the name of the Washington Redskins to the Washington Crackers.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#997001 Oct 7, 2013
Census website shut down!

How's a 'social scientist' supposed to do any research?

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archi...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#997002 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just for clarity, can you run down the other types of Communism?
Plato descirbed a form of communism in his First and Second Republics.
You'd know that if you had an education, dupe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#997003 Oct 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your contention is that these commissaries make money?
"How could this happen? In an environment focused on reducing the deficit, law makers must cut expenses from the budget before agreeing to pay for new programs. Why does this affect the commissary? Unlike other grocery stores, the commissary does not make a profit. By law, commissaries can only charge consumers 5% more than the item costs to stock the shelves. This unique pricing allows military families to save more than 30% on their grocery bill. This works because the costs to operate the commissary is paid by a subsidy in the federal budget."
Paid with a subsidy. You should know about subsidies right?
"10 U.S.C.§ 2246 which prohibits the use of appropriated
funds to "equip, operate, or maintain" a golf course at a facility or installation of the
Department of Defense. "
Now what Dumbwaiter.
I just proved you were full of sh*t.
My contention is, funding to support the commissary is controlled by the comptroller of the base, just like the funding to support the golf course Obama kept open while he prevented dependents from buying food to eat while he kept his golf course open.
Stop embarrassing yourself. You really don't have a clue about what comes out of your mouth.... which makes you as qualified to be president as Obama. Can you read from a teleprompter?

How about we get the comptroller of the base to tell us all about how Obama closed the grocery store and kept his golf course open.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997004 Oct 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"How could this happen? In an environment focused on reducing the deficit, law makers must cut expenses from the budget before agreeing to pay for new programs. Why does this affect the commissary? Unlike other grocery stores, the commissary does not make a profit. By law, commissaries can only charge consumers 5% more than the item costs to stock the shelves. This unique pricing allows military families to save more than 30% on their grocery bill. This works because the costs to operate the commissary is paid by a subsidy in the federal budget."
funds to "equip, operate, or maintain" a golf course at a facility or installation of the
Department of Defense. "
Now what Dumbwaiter.
RealDumbDave knows nothing of a commissary.. You acting like an idiot.. Hell you have admitted you are no military and never served, yet a draft dodger.. Yes I have the post number and post...

You are an idiot...

it's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997005 Oct 7, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama wants to win, he wants to win again like he won in 2011 when he got the USA's credit rating downgraded? This arrogant narcissistic bastard thinks that he and his underachieving presidency are more important than the financial stability of our country.
A very interesting line in S&P's full report (.pdf) wherein it downgraded the sovereign debt of the US from AAA to AA+.

Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sp-does-not-be...

haven't you folks gotten smacked around enough for not telling the truth? you can't just keep saying it's all the dems fault. no one is buying anymore. why dig the hole any deeper? you all act like you're so damn mentally superior but you just keep making the same stupid mistakes.

STOP LYING! Republicans do make mistakes!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997006 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
(you can see why the Dems are winning.)
White House: HealthCare.gov Drew Five Times As Many Visitors As Anticipated
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-h...
CLUE!.....CLUE!.....
CLUE!
CLUE!
please?
If you commie liberals were winning, obama would have shut down the government...

Other than killing kids cancer treatments and threatening to arrest veterans for visiting their own monuments what did demokRATs accomplish last and this week?

Mandated Obamakkkare will win the Senate and House for the Tea Party in 2014... House Republicans have passed funding bills for WIC, NIH, PNS, Border Guards and other agencies.

Obama: Close all National Parks and make people suffer AND in all fairness anyone living on federal land needs to pack up and get out. Yeah, that includes you-Obama... http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/226557661.html

Obama closes Florida oceans to fish and tourist: The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban. Of access to an ocean.

Obama: Has shut down the Amber Alert website while keeping open Michelle Obama's Let's Move Drink Water campaign website. Michelle deciding and telling obama what is essential and should be left open...

facebook hates obamacare: Read the posts and see ads pandering to blacks and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

demonkRATs: Now, we have Obama literally throwing grandma out of her home. Tax granny's wheel chair! Mo' Money!

2014 midterm elections truth and consequences... Hairy Reid demonkRATs: Let the children with cancer die..

demonkRATs: Priests threatened with arrest if they minister to military during obama's shutdown...

The government shutdown is on obama's watch. Stock Market is up and the Government is shutdown and obama's continued deficit spending campaign on hold... 800,000 Non-Essential government workers stay home...

The American Patriot truly see demonkRATs for what they truly are: ghetto, nazi, losers and obstructionists.

AND... We Tea Party Patriots don't give a shit what you illiterate ghetto ass-clown commie liberals think...

It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#997007 Oct 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Department of Defense. "
Now what Dumbwaiter.
dave dave dave dave...

you missed it...

He kept a phrekkin golf course open...and kept poor mommy's from getting baby formula....
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#997008 Oct 7, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Obama wants to win, he wants to win again like he won in 2011 when he got the USA's credit rating downgraded? This arrogant narcissistic bastard thinks that he and his underachieving presidency are more important than the financial stability of our country.
Sure he does, that's why he presented numerous jobs bills &, the republicans how many? That's why he enforced the sequester cuts because, the republicans couldn't come up with a plan or fix. That's why he got the ACA passed when no other president could &, all of them tried. You people are nothing but sore losers, period! Y'all well stare in the face of defeat &, still try schemes &, make excuses for your failures.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997009 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Plato descirbed a form of communism in his First and Second Republics.
You'd know that if you had an education, dupe.
somehow i missed Fear-Mongering in Journalism 101. i guess i need to give back the sheepskin(s).

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#997010 Oct 7, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So that's what separates Africans from African Americans huh! 2 different countries, histories, & geographical landscapes. That's like Jamaicans demand for weed. They have none because, it grows freely. Now answer this question for me. Are there diamond mines &, gold shafts in America? Okay then, that's the difference!
The biggest difference I noticed between real Africans and the so-called "African" Americans is, real Africans don't abandon their children and pretend they don't exist like the so-called "African" Americans do as a matter of cultural tradition.
You don't see an entire culture of single mothers and children without a father in Africa, dupe. All these so-called "African" Americans would be the lowest people with no status or respect in any African community and culture.
You'd know this if you knew anything about Africa, moron.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#997011 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
breaking news of great importance.
Conservatives call for boycott of Ritz Crackers because Al Sharpton said ‘cracker’ once, about 20 years ago
The boycott is led by Ben Shapiro, an editor for the conservative Breitbart News and author of the recent Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America, and is part of Truth Revolt, a project by the right-wing David Horowitz Freedom Center.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/07/conserv...
you can call me ignorant all you want, but at least i'm not a conservative who's been deluded into thinking everyone is paying attention to it's stupidity beyond the fact that it's stupidity.
so you can see why Jon Stewart is so successful, and, why conservatives think Colbert is for real.
See, this is what I am talking about when I stated that you insist on remaining ignorant about what is happening in the US by using non-news sources for your information.

Raw Story-huh? Why not The Onion, Slate, The Enquirer?

You really fail at understanding what a news source is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997012 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling any food "cracker" is racially insulting. We demand they change the name. Or, change the name of the Washington Redskins to the Washington Crackers.
Washington Crackers sounds fine to me. a WH petition is in order. i'll get right on it.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#997013 Oct 7, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So that's what separates Africans from African Americans huh! 2 different countries, histories, & geographical landscapes. That's like Jamaicans demand for weed. They have none because, it grows freely. Now answer this question for me. Are there diamond mines &, gold shafts in America? Okay then, that's the difference!
Yes my child please read history please Son rubies, silver, yes son
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#997014 Oct 7, 2013
"Revenge of the freeloaders" strikes leftist freaks. Best quote I've ever seen from a leftist chimp:

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

(LMAO)......:-)

Obamacare's winners and losers in Bay Area
By Tracy Seipel
tseipel@mercurynews.com
Posted: 10/05/2013 04:52:50 PM PDT

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.
Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

"Welcome to the club," said Robert Laszewksi, a prominent health care consultant and president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates in Virginia. For years, the nation has been embroiled in the political rhetoric of "Obamacare," but this past week the reality of the new law sank in as millions of Americans had their first good look at how the 3&#65279; 1/2-year-old legislation will affect their pocketbooks.

This much quickly became clear:
As state- and federal-run health insurance exchanges debuted across the country offering a range of prices for different tiers of insurance coverage, the new online marketplaces -- which represent the centerpiece of Obamacare -- could greatly benefit more than 40 million Americans who now lack coverage. But an additional 16 million -- who buy individual health insurance policies on the open market -- are finding out that their plans may not comply with the new law, which requires 10 essential benefits such as maternity care, mental health care and prescription drug coverage.

In California, 1.9 million people buy plans on the open market, according to officials with Covered California, the state's new health insurance exchange. And many of them are steaming mad.
"There's going to be a number of people surprised" by their bills, said Jonathan Wu, a co-founder of ValuePenguin, a consumer finance website. "The upper-middle class are the people who are essentially being asked to foot the bill, and that's true across the country."

Covered California spokesman Dana Howard maintained that in public presentations the exchange has always made clear that there will be winners and losers under Obamacare. "Some people will see an increase who are already on the individual market purchasing insurance," he said, "but most people will not."

Covered California officials note that at least 570,000 of the 1.9 million people who buy their own insurance should be eligible for subsidies that will reduce their premiums. Even those who don't qualify for the tax subsidies could see their rates drop because Obamacare doesn't allow insurers to charge people more if they have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and cancer, he said.
"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level -- the cutoff for a tax credit.

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."
Whatever

Gering, NE

#997015 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
(you can see why the Dems are winning.)
White House: HealthCare.gov Drew Five Times As Many Visitors As Anticipated
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-h...
CLUE!.....CLUE!.....
CLUE!
CLUE!
please?
TPM as a news source? Fail again.

Hey, skippy, the website is close because as with most things created by the government it was crap! Suppose to open this am but still close.

Now if you would have used news sources you would KNOW that most of the visitors were looky lous-like the press- and only 1% actually signed up.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#997016 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they aren't spying on everyone. They exempted the known sources of terrorists here, like mosques known to radicalize their patronage. By order of Obama, Muslims are not spied on. This government is spying only on traditional Americans.
If that were true, you &, all these radical righties would've been targeted &, executed a long ring ago. But you weren't so , we have proof that thefreedom of speech still exists!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#997018 Oct 7, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Both states voted Obama. Coincidence?
West Virginia did not vote Obama.

You are wrong- Coincidence?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#997020 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDumbDave knows nothing of a commissary.. You acting like an idiot.. Hell you have admitted you are no military and never served, yet a draft dodger.. Yes I have the post number and post...
You are an idiot...
it's the culture...
Funny I know more than Dumbwaiter & now more than you.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#997021 Oct 7, 2013
It's funny Hillary Clinton stuck by Bill while he stuck his self into everything now she wants Weiners wife to leave him mmmm mmmmm mmmmm now this old Homosexual wants to breakup a family for her LUST, family values for you from the democrats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min The_Box 309,198
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min TRD 69,290
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 52,235
News Brooklyn Teen Charged With Attempted Murder (May '08) 12 hr Anton Ciguhr 10
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 hr scirocco 71,697
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu factcheck 19,717
News City of Hartford Sues Homeowners In Zoning Fight Wed stop the bullying 2
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]