Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973489 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
...not my problem, but completely inconsequential in a zero interest rate environment where the government runs the printing presses.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973490 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's not adjustable every year. What is taxed?
The FairTax is a single-rate, federal retail sales tax collected only once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed. A rebate makes the effective rate progressive.
Why isn't it adjustable every year?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Are you under the assumption we have no debt?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973491 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So what you guesstimate the amount would be if the entire U.S. tax base withheld 10%?
Seriously, Homer, do you actually get a refund every year?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#973492 Aug 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No it doesn't. I hope he's required to pay the Martins a bundle--which, of course, he can't.
Yo u better look again because they are cutting him a big fat check.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973493 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>There are ways around the consumption tax. So I'm visiting the local lumberyard for some stuff, you all know my abhorrence to the big box stores, so the amount is maybe 10 bucks worth of stuff, now I typically pay for everything with my credit card, the guys sees my card and says hey do you mind paying cash this way we don't have to pay any taxes(wink wink)? So I whip out a 10 spot and pay, I'm not about to start a war with some obviously anti-gov't deranged rightwinger, nor can I truly prove his intent.
So clearly there are ways around a consumption or flat tax.
Homer is also not in the habit of snitching for those of you suggesting I turn his ass in, also there isn't any proof, to be fair I did not look at the receipt to see if there was a line item for taxes before I pitched it.
And before you start yapping about me using a credit card, it is paid in full every month, I have never paid any interest nor annual fee on it. I use it to accumulate points and get free stuff. Homer working the system.
Obama found hired a bunch of folks who found ways around income tax.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973494 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>How does the prebate work?
All valid Social Security cardholders who are U.S. residents receive a monthly prebate equivalent to the FairTax paid on essential goods and services, also known as the poverty level expenditures. The prebate is paid in advance, in equal installments each month. The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Servicesí poverty level guideline multiplied by the tax rate. This is a well-accepted, long-used poverty-level calculation that includes food, clothing, shelter, transportation, medical care, etc.
'The size of the prebate is determined by the Department of Health & Human Services' Bah Homer not happy giving the Federal government that much control.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973495 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
Galt knows people who have only a minimal amount withheld most of the year and then file a new W-2 in November withholding their entire paycheck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973496 Aug 30, 2013
Sorry, W-4.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973497 Aug 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I 've been put on "permanent" ignore at least 4 time. Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary.
I've never been put on permanent ignore, you must be a real jerk.

'Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary'

Was that really necessary? I don't think your new wife would appreciate your speaking to another woman like that.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973498 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How are you going to determine the tax rate?
23%. The amount needed to replace all the taxes removed with the fair tax. How does the FairTax affect wages and prices?

Americans who produce goods and earn wages must pay significant tax and compliance costs under the current federal income tax. These taxes and costs both reduce after-tax wages and profits and are then passed on to the consumers of those goods and services in the form of price increases. When the FairTax removes income, capital gains, payroll, and estate and gift taxes, the pre-FairTax prices of these goods and services will fall. The removal of these hidden taxes may also allow wages to rise. Exactly how much prices will fall and wages will rise depends on market forces. For example, in a profession with many jobs and too few to fill them, wages will likely increase more than in fields where there are too many employees and not enough jobs.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#973499 Aug 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since marriage is a right, I take katie perry as my bride.
Well, now, that would seem to make perfect sense only to one of the saggy phaggies Mopia on here who thinks that if a woman tells someone to go ef himself, it means she's feeling frisky... Did they instruct you on the facts that Triple E is a size of ladies' underpants and grown women wear size three shoes, as well?[I do, however, support your and Galt's right to wed.]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973500 Aug 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Is consumption a reliable source of revenue?
Yes, in fact, consumption is a more stable source of revenue than income, as shown in Figure 3. The chart compares the yearly changes in the tax bases for the income tax (adjusted gross income -- AGI) and the FairTax (personal consumption expenditures -- PCE) for years 1974 to 2004. PCE has always grown from year to year, whereas AGI dropped from 2000 to 2001 and from 2001 to 2002 -- two years in a row. The higher growth rates of AGI in boom years result in overspending and then when the economy slows down either budget cuts are needed or, what is more often the case, taxes are raised or the budget deficit increases.
I don't see figure 3. What chart?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#973501 Aug 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's been reported that BushCo began discussing how to invade Iraq just after the election results were, cough, official__well before the the coronation.
It was job one so to speak.
And many of that same group are begging for large scale intervention in Syria-Lebanaon seeing that as a way to eliminate Hezbollah.
Just read where Sunni's throughout the Arab world are quietly hoping for the end of Assad and by proxy Hezbollah.
Sounds like a plan eh?
It's been reported that zimmermanco stood up for a black man, you brainwashed idiot.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973503 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...not my problem, but completely inconsequential in a zero interest rate environment where the government runs the printing presses.
If you are concerned about the debt it is your problem. But then as a rightwinger we know you're not really concerned about the debt.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#973504 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why isn't it adjustable every year?
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:
The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.
Are you under the assumption we have no debt?
The Fair Tax AMENDMENT is an amendment to the constitution which also removes the 16th amendment.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#973505 Aug 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Connecticut Man Who Shot Himself Riding A Bike Blamed It On Gangs
A Connecticut man who accidentally shot himself with a gun in his waistband while riding a bicycle initially blamed it on a local gang, the Associated Press reported Friday.
Stratford police charged 22-year-old Wendell Docteur with making a false statement to authorities, including the unlawful discharge of a firearm during the May incident. Docteur posted a $10,000 bail and is due for arraignment on Sept. 5.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
Hmmmm Wendell - Waxman ????? If my theory is correct there will be less dumbass posts on Sept. 5 as the Topix moron will be busy being arraigned.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973506 Aug 30, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been put on permanent ignore, you must be a real jerk.
'Stinky azz skank needs to screw someone for a dictionary'
Was that really necessary? I don't think your new wife would appreciate your speaking to another woman like that.
"Permanent ignore" works best when not announced so that the fools in that status keep on trying.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973507 Aug 30, 2013
Picture Obama's shock when the British Parliament went racist and said no.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973508 Aug 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, Homer, do you actually get a refund every year?
I typically get a small one. Look I get what you guys are saying, I agree it's not smart to have the government take out a bunch so you can get a big check every year.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#973509 Aug 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama found hired a bunch of folks who found ways around income tax.
Excellent. The system works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min OzRitz 46,797
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,521
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,414
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr WARRIOR 19,223
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
Beware Dog Walkers-off Silver Lane in East Htfd... (May '12) Fri katie 7
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Fri Unknown 296
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE