Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382935 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#964330 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you start thinking like a liberal (nothing is your responsibility), it will all make sense to you
If I started thinking like a liberal, I'd be even more confused.

Because Obama coming up with the idea of sequestration and then using it to paint a picture of doom and gloom is bizarre.

We all know he wanted Republicans to look like the bad guys if they let it happen. But it's still bizarre.

Even liberals must know this made no sense. We can only hope.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#964332 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe i just don't care what you said.
:-)
That's better than your last post. Don't do that to me! You're my last best hope for the democrat party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964333 Aug 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm imagining he actually has to earn a living (a concept that is foreign to you reservation ripple-swillers).....
the $100,000 audio production studio i'm sitting in disagrees.

yes, you can work and make FOXbots look stupid at the same time. very little effort and the return is hilarity of the highest order.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964335 Aug 14, 2013
U.S. Satisfaction Sinks to 22% in August

Decline seen among Democrats and Republicans alike

Democrats maintain higher satisfaction than either political independents or Republicans, a pattern seen throughout President Barack Obama's White House tenure. Nevertheless, their satisfaction fell seven percentage points this month (from 44% to 37%), consistent with the six-point drop among Republicans (from 14% to 8%), and slightly greater than the four-point drop among independents (from 25% to 21%).

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163940/satisfactio...

Orlando, FL

#964337 Aug 14, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like Root either but you'll have a hard time convincing me Biden or Palin were better choices.
Really? Yours was a retard with boobs.
Realtime is the only one who criticized Root for coming forward and saying he nor his fellow classmates studying the same major and graduating in the same class as Obama at Columbia remembered him.

He said he was "batsht crazy".

So that's when I told him you voted for him.

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#964338 Aug 14, 2013
shrimp_on_a_treadmill wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you feel if you had to pay for a KKK members abortion?
Where do I send the check?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964339 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's better than your last post. Don't do that to me! You're my last best hope for the democrat party.
uh...i'm not a democrat.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964340 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the $100,000 audio production studio i'm sitting in disagrees.
yes, you can work and make FOXbots look stupid at the same time. very little effort and the return is hilarity of the highest order.
Fckn elitist. Do you know how many people yoi could feed!!!!

Orlando, FL

#964341 Aug 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had group health insurance? I doubt it or you would know that they already have caps on out of pocket expenses and have had them for years. Aetna, for example, has the same $2,000/$4000 cap that you are attributing to Obama and has since 2006 or longer. And, the life time limit on their "non-preferred plans" is currently $2,000,000. Eliminating it will not "result in skyrocketing premium costs" as you assert.
As far as the schools you mention, their coverage was lousy...that is why STUDENTS (NOT THE SCHOOL) were only paying $165 -$245 A YEAR for their insurance coverage. Schools, including Puget Sound, are no longer offering student insurance plans because those woefully inadequate plans are no longer available under the Affordable Care Act...not because the school "could no longer afford it". That's a lie.
Besides, most students will now remain under their parents/guardian policy or become eligible for a low cost plan under the Affordable Care Act.
The sky is not falling Chicken Licken.
It sure seems like it's falling. Everyone's ducking for cover - unions, Congress, businessmen, Democrats - just about everyone. Except the 1 in 4 Americans who don't even know it's the law of the land. They don't know which way is up, so they don't know if the sky's falling or not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964342 Aug 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sitting in my own right now; how coincidental... What do you do? Radio spots & jingles, or music prod? You a Pro-tools guy? Dont tell me analog, or I'll have a cow.
music production. do a lot of remix work.

been 10 years now since i sold the Allen & Heath. Acid Pro for mixdown work. FL Studio for some of my music, Acid Pro for the rest. though i have worked with Pro-tools in the studio in Indy that calls me on occasion.

Orlando, FL

#964343 Aug 14, 2013
republicans r 4 the rich wrote:
Go Obama !
That's what I say every day. Go Obama. Go now.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964344 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
been 10 years now since i sold the Allen & Heath. Acid Pro for mixdown work. FL Studio for some of my music, Acid Pro for the rest. though i have worked with Pro-tools in the studio in Indy that calls me on occasion.
Would we know any of your work. Dont have to be specific.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964345 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You hate the idea that some of your tax dollars might go to help black people - not unexpected from a racist f*ck like you.
Why should our tax dollars help any specific group, particularly on the basis of race?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#964346 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
uh...i'm not a democrat.
...and that's why your my last best hope for the democrat party.

Orlando, FL

#964347 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
last poll i saw about the tea party said....22% of us are tea party crazy.
and the way their rallies have been lacking in attendance...they won't be saving anyone.
Well, you should take a look at the latest poll.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163940/satisfactio...

Only 37% of Democrats are satisfied with the direction of the country. That's a lot who are dissatisfied.

Oddly enough, only 16% of Democrats were satisfied at the end of 2011 and then suddenly they became ecstatic at 64% right before the 2012 election.

Strange. Now reality has set it again. Democrats can't seem to make up their minds if they're happy or not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964348 Aug 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
To be an alumnus, you actually have to attend classes, dufus.
Nobody has ever found anyone who was in a class with Obama at Columbia.
What was Obama doing in New York while he claims to have been in classes with people who never met him? Being indoctrinated in Saul Alinsky tactics?
So, how did a college dropout from Occidental get admitted to Harvard?
Sad to say, but it is possible to obtain degrees from many college without showing up for class on any regular basis. Just pass the final exam.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964349 Aug 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So, how do you register for school without a birth certificate?
Show up, just like voting.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#964350 Aug 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Would we know any of your work. Dont have to be specific.
i've had some stuff on TV and a couple of movies. just background noise, but it pays.

that happens here....

http://www.broadjam.com/
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#964351 Aug 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because of David Gregory
How quickly they turn on their own.

Rachel Maddow would have been a better choice.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#964352 Aug 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually meant analog tape from a bygone era with better sound (as in 2" 16/24 track). I'm now a Steinberg digital guy in the studio; guess its the highest end of the pro-sumer market (my radar gave up the ghost). Still using my trusty A & H mixmaster for live gigs, though. Love sonically wasting the guys with their digital boards with all the bells & whistles.

Oooops; I just used part of your topix handle......:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Truth is might 311,162
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Brian_G 59,473
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min Ize Found 70,599
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr But Hay 20,291
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) Tue Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... Mon Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) Mon JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages