Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252134 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#962914 Aug 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You are talking about maybe a few hundred thousand people spread over many states, you made this claim -
Even if states rights determined the outcome, there weren't enough blacks left in the south for the Democrats to oppress anymore. And they would have been left high and dry when the rest of them fled to the other states who passed the Civil Rights Act.
It's total bullshit.
We're talking about 20,000 people just from New York alone since 2009. That number has certainly grown in the past four years and the exodus back to the south has been happening in other major cities in the East and Midwest over the same amount of time.

States rights would have dictated the end of Democrat oppression in the south without the federal government being involved. Trust me.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#962915 Aug 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
bragging and the truth don't always relate.
12"!
;-)
Only 12? Mrs filter must really love you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#962916 Aug 12, 2013
Tonto 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chubby squaw, Hole in Head, has much to say as always but is distracting because sounds whistle through hole in skull.
Your story is boring, debil, since we all already know the ending of your tale.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#962917 Aug 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm following your sop, son.
You forgot to answer the post again.

How about telling us why all this information is hidden.
Release all State Department records concerning Barry Soetoro and his mother. Let's see who went where and with what name.
Supposing Obama is this same Barry Soetoro, when did Barry Soetoro become Barack Obama? He entered the United States with the name Barry Soetoro. Why is he using the name Barack Obama now? Where's the paper trail on that?... inquiring minds want to know.
And, what's the name on the supposed diploma Obama supposedly received from Columbia?

Tell us why Columbia would have on any list the name "Barack Obama" as a graduate, considering he was Barry Soetoro when he claimed to have gone to Columbia.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#962918 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never watched power rangers?
Nah, that was after my time. I watched Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, The Pink Panther, Speed Racer, etc. Homer was a child of the late 60's, early 70's
LCNlin

United States

#962919 Aug 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX) told constituents at an event Saturday in his district that, although it would amount to a fruitless effort that could potentially damage the country, Republicans have the votes in the House to impeach President Barack Obama.
Fielding a question from a birther at a gathering in Luling, Texas, Farnethold at first lamented that Congress didn't do more to investigate Obama's birth certificate.
“I think unfortunately the horse is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue.” Farenthold said.“The original Congress when his eligibility came up should have looked into this and they didn’t. I’m not sure how we fix it.”
“You tie into a question I get a lot, if everybody's so unhappy with what the President’s done, why don’t you impeach him,” Farenthold continued.“I’ll give you a real frank answer about that, if we were to impeach the President tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted.”
Farenthold said the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton should serve as a cautionary tale for Republicans. Clinton was impeached by the House in 1999, but was not convicted by the Senate and therefore remained in office.
“What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for and is found innocent? What do we say then is okay,” the Congressman conclude.“Aside from the fact that it wouldn’t be effective, I think there’s some potential damage to society that would be done with a failed attempt at impeachment.”
It was the latest interaction between a GOP congressman and a birther at a recent town hall. Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) told an angry woman last week who identified herself as the "birther brincess" that investigating the birth certificate was a non-starter, even though he said he believed what she was saying. A spokeswoman for Mullin subsequently told TPM that the congressman "just misspoke" and is not a birther. Meanwhile, Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL) told constituents earlier this month that he'll back a birther bill in the House, although he believes the issue is a "distraction."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
Rubio/Cruz 2016!!
Reagan would spin in his grave with the republican antics on 2013
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#962920 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it. Fox news does tell the truth.
I disagree.

Orlando, FL

#962921 Aug 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans were never going to cooperate with Barack Obama on anything nitwit, they decided that on the night he was inaugurated at the Caucus Room Restaurant where they took a blood oath too block anything he proposed even if they thought about it in the first place.
How many times is the President going to reach his hand out just to have it bitten?
If you break down the ACA into its component parts, like guaranteed issue, family coverage extension, elimination of the life time cap and accountability for premiums paid most people approve of them. In states that have set up exchanges like New York and Maryland premiums have gone down.
Let me ask you this Carol since you claim to be such a Christian. Why do you want a cancer patient to have treatment cut off? Why do you want a childhood cancer survivor to be unable to get insurance for the rest of their lives? Why do you want my family to spend $4000 more so that my son is insured?
Obama and the democrats were drunk with power after the 2008 elections.

They pretty much dismissed Republicans from the start as well as their constituents and Obama pretty much told them and us that he won and to be quiet and get out of the way. I might be paraphrasing a bit but not by much.

Even after Republicans took back the House in 2010 and tried to offer some solutions, Harry Reid as much as gave them the political finger and wouldn't even bring up bills passed by the House up for a vote in the Senate.

And then he blamed the Republicans for being the obstructionists.

An obstructionist in liberal lingo is anyone who doesn't do things Harry Reid's and Obama's way.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#962922 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 12? Mrs filter must really love you.
not near as much as when I was 30.

both btw.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#962923 Aug 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans were never going to cooperate with Barack Obama on anything nitwit, they decided that on the night he was inaugurated at the Caucus Room Restaurant where they took a blood oath too block anything he proposed even if they thought about it in the first place.
How many times is the President going to reach his hand out just to have it bitten?
If you break down the ACA into its component parts, like guaranteed issue, family coverage extension, elimination of the life time cap and accountability for premiums paid most people approve of them. In states that have set up exchanges like New York and Maryland premiums have gone down.
Let me ask you this Carol since you claim to be such a Christian. Why do you want a cancer patient to have treatment cut off? Why do you want a childhood cancer survivor to be unable to get insurance for the rest of their lives? Why do you want my family to spend $4000 more so that my son is insured?
Why cooperate with a Marxist communist muslim who was indoctrinated to hate the United States his entire life, and any enemy of the United States is a friend to him?
Any agreement with someone like that can't be good for the United States. Hell, Democrats have a problem agreeing with him. It took the Louisiana Purchase and Cornhusker Kickback to get ObamaKare through by the skin of the teeth, and of the ONLY two budgets Obama submitted to Congress out of the now 5 budgets the law requires him to submit, the combined vote for all of them stands at 612 to 0.
That's SIX HUNDRED AND TWELVE to FUCKING NOTHING.
Every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is an idiot. Obama couldn't get even one vote from the goddam Congressional Black Caucus.

By the way, why haven't we had a budget in, what is it now, five years?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#962924 Aug 12, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just checking in &, I can see your still at it wit this nonsense. You have to have a head child cuz, you've been blowing hot air all damn day!
How about just answering this question:

What is the name on the supposed diploma Obama supposedly received from Columbia?

Got a problem there, don't you?

Here's the rest of the post you didn't answer in case you feel like commenting on it:

You forgot to answer the post. How about telling us why all this information is hidden.
Release all State Department records concerning Barry Soetoro and his mother. Let's see who went where and with what name.
Supposing Obama is this same Barry Soetoro, when did Barry Soetoro become Barack Obama? He entered the United States with the name Barry Soetoro. Why is he using the name Barack Obama now? Where's the paper trail on that?... inquiring minds want to know.
And, what's the name on the supposed diploma Obama supposedly received from Columbia?
Tell us why Columbia would have on any list the name "Barack Obama" as a graduate, considering he was Barry Soetoro when he claimed to go to Columbia.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#962925 Aug 12, 2013
Bigots On Fox: Capitalist Pig On Fox News Lives Up To His Name

Jonathan Hoenig is the manager of the Capitalistpig Hedge Fund and a Fox News contributor who appears weekly on “Cashin’ In.” He routinely blurts out ignorant rants such as declaring that access to health care makes everyone a slave, or that kids would do better on the streets than in public school, or that Social Security should be scrapped.

On this week’s edition of the program (video below) Hoenig demonstrated that he is not above religious bigotry to make a dubious point and to slander a Democratic congressman.

During a discussion about the Inclusive Prosperity Act (aka the Robin Hood tax), a bill that would impose a fee of a fraction of a percent on certain financial transactions, Hoenig abandoned any pretense of debating the merits of the bill and instead decided to attack the bill’s sponsor, Keith Ellison, for his religious beliefs.

Hoenig: I don’t know if Rep. Ellison has read the Constitution. I know he is a practicing Muslim and in Sharia law, there is a prohibition against trading of derivatives, against speculation of any type. And so in my opinion you could make the argument this is even a little bit of Sharia creep here with the cracking down on trade, cracking down on the derivative trade, cracking down on wealth production.

The only “creep” here is Hoenig. His repulsive attack on Ellison’s faith is not only evidence of his ingrained hatred, but he makes no sense whatsoever on a financial basis. Nothing in the bill prohibits derivative trading or any other stock transaction. And in addition to generating billions of dollars, the nominal fee would produce a more stable trading environment that in recent years has become dangerously volatile.

The fact that Ellison is Muslim has nothing to do with the bill. It is co-sponsored in the House by 17 representatives who are mostly Christians (and at least on Jew). Hoenig is obviously not an expert in Islamic practices. Millions of Muslims invest in equities markets in the United States and around the world. That includes one Muslim named Al-Waleed bin Talal, a Saudi prince whose share of stock in the network Hoenig is broadcasting on is exceeded only by Rupert Murdoch and his family.

Furthermore, Hoenig’s snide curiosity about whether Ellison has read the Constitution only reveals his own constitutional illiteracy. Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution explicitly grants authority for the government to assess taxes and fees such as the one in Ellison’s bill.

This segment is the perfect capsulization of Fox’s abhorrent philosophy and mission. It illustrates both their overt contempt for anyone who is not a member of their preferred fraternity (in this case Muslims), and their kneejerk opposition to any tax measure that benefits the nation if it imposes even a tiny burden on the wealthy and greedy corporations whose rights they regard as superior to the people.

Hoening is just another ignorant and insulting cretin to whom Fox News provides a platform to disseminate hatred and disinformation. And that includes the program’s host, Eric Bolling, who was quick to agree with Hoenig’s dumbshit commentary.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#962926 Aug 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to answer the post again.

How about telling us why all this information is hidden.

Tell us why Columbia would have on any list the name "Barack Obama" as a graduate, considering he was Barry Soetoro when he claimed to have gone to Columbia.
You birthers have no credibility . I realize logic isn't something stressed in your circle but explain why a white, blonde,pregnant 20 year old , living with her parents in Hawaii would fly 15,000 miles to Africa simply to give birth then immediately fly 15,000 miles back to Hawaii? I know, to you this makes perfect sense
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#962927 Aug 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why cooperate with a Marxist communist muslim who was indoctrinated to hate the United States his entire life, and any enemy of the United States is a friend to him?
Any agreement with someone like that can't be good for the United States. Hell, Democrats have a problem agreeing with him. It took the Louisiana Purchase and Cornhusker Kickback to get ObamaKare through by the skin of the teeth, and of the ONLY two budgets Obama submitted to Congress out of the now 5 budgets the law requires him to submit, the combined vote for all of them stands at 612 to 0.
That's SIX HUNDRED AND TWELVE to FUCKING NOTHING.
Every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is an idiot. Obama couldn't get even one vote from the goddam Congressional Black Caucus.
By the way, why haven't we had a budget in, what is it now, five years?
We haven't we had a responsible government in five years now either.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#962928 Aug 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, that was after my time. I watched Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, The Pink Panther, Speed Racer, etc. Homer was a child of the late 60's, early 70's
Here, people harnessing the power of the dinosaur.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_...

Orlando, FL

#962929 Aug 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>90% of them???
Please describe who "them" is.
By the way the Detroit 2012 voting turnout was about 65% of registered voters or about 270,000 votes.
Obama would have carried Michigan without Detroit.
Picture it.

In November 2012, 20% of Detroit was on food stamps. Violent crime was 5 times the national average and it was rated as America’s Most Dangerous City.

40% of Detroit residents wanted to leave the city. Home prices had fallen 54% in just 3 years and Detroit had the highest poverty rate in the nation.

So guess who Detroit voted for by 98%?

http://www.punditpress.com/2012/11/obama-rece...

Two guesses - one doesn't count.

You might want to know which corrupt party Detroit voted decade after decade before it went belly up too. Guess which one.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#962930 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you said I was bitching about obamas vacation. That is a lie.
Why is it you can't tell the truth?
<someone explain to this idiot it was an insult to lily>
Trying to run & hide like a spoiled brat but you were lying about Bo got to the Obama vacation.

Orlando, FL

#962931 Aug 12, 2013
Well, I tried my best again today. Really I did.

Later.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#962932 Aug 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Letting someone get to you on an anonymous forum then trolling them by imitating their avatar is not normal. But to each his own.:-)
" trolling them by imitating their avatar is not normal."

Pot

Kettle

Black
LCNlin

United States

#962933 Aug 12, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
You birthers have no credibility . I realize logic isn't something stressed in your circle but explain why a white, blonde,pregnant 20 year old , living with her parents in Hawaii would fly 15,000 miles to Africa simply to give birth then immediately fly 15,000 miles back to Hawaii? I know, to you this makes perfect sense
Birfoons divert money and time from the Republican Party.

Stalin's useful idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 52 min rchrista60 45
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr No Justice 20,064
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 hr Earthling-1 53,996
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sun Ratloder 70,147
Electric heat Cromwell hills (Jul '14) Jul 3 Mslmike 2
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Jun 29 tom wingo 48
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Jun 29 This Thread Now C... 16,154
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages