Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
881,541 - 881,560 of 1,080,433 Comments Last updated 59 min ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're proving you're a devote right winger extremist son.
All I did was point out how your so called 'source' referenced something that didn't exist.
And you dropped it at that point.
I also pointed out how even wiki shows they're not definitive....
... and again as usual, you dropped it.
Seems you're constantly making things up.
I see you trying drop the subject by using the Pseudo Liberals deflection tactic by spinning what we have been dicussing about the CRA and No I am Democrat but to you I guess I a right winger and doesnt sound good for you to say that because I am Not the Devoted Pseudo Liberal Leftist Extremist Democrat that is out to destroy the US that these Pseudo Liberal Democrats as they call themselves have evolved into and what to head towards & Closer to Communism and everything from FDR & LBJ align with Communism which I and others want nothing to do with.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Emoron wrote:
Coercion, censorship, and obstruction is the phony "less government interference" conservative mantra:
The Republican National Committee is threatening not to partner with NBC and CNN on future presidential debates unless they halt production of recently announced programs about Hillary Clinton, according to letters RNC Chairman Reince Priebus sent to network heads.
The Republicans should not ever be partnering with communist liberal hack media. Look at how they were helped out. Candie Crawlessonherass for Benghazi lie. Radditz her hair with O'bama shampoo--and who was that other one? doesn't matter, the Republicans need to start attacking, not defending themselves, as the liberals are being forced to do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> It is a well-known finding of Government watchdog groups that it was government regulatory agencies lax enforcement of the rules and often ignoring violations by the big banks and mortgage lenders that caused the financial subprime crisis to explode --republicans are creating the conditions for another 'train wreck' of our financial system by pushing defunding of these government regulatory agencies so they can not do their job of oversight and policing of Wall Street. Do-nothing republicans in the House wants our government to fail and our economy to collapse because they think that it will hurt President Barack Obama. How did Tea Party republicans get so hateful and destructive?
Will your beloved regulatory agencies verify the income of mortgage applicants and advise them if they lack the financial resources to purchase a home?
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Are you pregnant? Under the present republican plan of Health Care you can expect this…
Renée Martin pregnancy in Laconia N.H. was a wake up call to her and her husband Mark Willett both professionals with Health Care Insurance. Her present policy does not cover maternity! Soon they began to question each cost factor. Epidural anesthesia with the option of a birthing tube labor became a serious decision. Additional investigation as to what the actual cost of maternity care was vague to non existence. Inquiry to Hospitals finance offices had little help. Giving Ms. Martin a range of $4,000 to $45,000 ! Actually the “average” cost is slightly above $37,000 in the USA. Ms. Martin discovered many of the arrays for maternity have no fixed price if any. Midway through her pregnancy she received a bill for $935 for an ultrasound that she had already paid a radiologist to read the scan $256, which took 20 minutes. After extensive stressful negotiations bill was reduced to $655 from the $935 billing.
“I feel like I’m in a used-car lot,” Ms. Martin replied.
Sticker shock on pregnancy can be attributed to how the cost has tripled since 1996.{N.Y. Times, Truven Health Analytics} Four Million annual births now cost the USA over $50 billion. Other developed nations through out the world have fractions of that cost to their Health Care programs. Additionally they provide all the same quality technological and primary care that the USA offers on their most expensive maternity procedures.“It’s not primarily that we get a different bundle of services when we have a baby,” said Gerard Anderson, an economist at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health who studies international health costs.“It’s that we pay individually for each service and pay more for the services we receive.”
As of 2011, up to 62% of American women with private insurance and not through an employer denied or excludes maternity care. Those that do have them are feeling the cost as their deductibles and co-payments accelerating. All the while certain pregnancy related services become excluded. 2004 to 2010 vaginal births cost rose 49% and Caesarean sections by 41% Out of pocket expense quadrupled! Three Health Care groups hired Truven for that analyst as well as to the average total price of delivery. Which is as follows; Vaginal births $30,000 and $50,000 for the C-section. Insurance paid out an average of $18,329 and $27,866 end of report. Survey by Childbirth Connection reported that the women’s out of pocket fee average $3,400 .
In the other developed nations there s little to no charge for maternity care. They consider it vital to ensuring the health of future generations.
Ireland free maternity at public hospitals and a small fee for deliveries in private hospitals. Switzerland, France and the Netherlands have an Average price for a vaginal delivery of $4,000 of which the mother pays very little of that due to strict regulations and price settings. France, one example of many in the developed nations, have their mothers remain for up to a week to recoup where in the USA 1 to 2 days and out they go.
With Obamacare we can rein in this messed up maternity nonsense. Republican’s Austerity ideology does not work is evident in all factors of our cultures here and through out the world.
Convert to homosexuality...problem solved!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Again son, CRA doesn't force banks to make bad loans.
That's right wing crazy rhetoric.
And as for the foreclosure, that's part of the the capitalistic greed of corporations.
As I've said before, if you REALLY believe CRA is the problem, then show me 1) how the problem still exists or; 2) when the law was repealed.
Again, AS USUAL, you simply skip factual issues you don't want to address.
If you want to remain blind, that's up to you. But don't blame others for your inability to recognize the truth.
you posting Left Wing Nonsense.

The Trillion-Dollar Bank Shakedown That Bodes Ill for Cities
Howard Husock

The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation's banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups, intent, in some cases, on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/10_1_the_tri...
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, so is Cass Sunstein, Obama's regulatory czar who said web sites should be obliged to remove "false rumors" while liberal laws should be altered to make it easier to sue for spreading such "rumors".
Then there was another advisor, Van Jones, who was forced to resign after admitting to being an avowed communist; and then there was Anita Dunn, who also had to resign after singing the praises of Mao Tse-Tung.
Then, of course, we have WH officials threatening journalists - Bob Woodward, Lenny Davis, James Rosen, Fox News and the Associated Press - and illegally confiscating personal emails and phone calls.
The crème de la crème is Obama publicly demonizing anyone who dares to criticize or oppose his personal vision and agenda. That would be half of us.
Yes, fascist would seem accurate.
try to stay on topic?
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor Weeener, you need to show more respect for the chimpy dead. Just look at these wholesome family members mourning the young murderer's death......
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NY-C...
My friend, if Obama had constituents they would look just like Shaaliver Douse's family members.

His was a young life full of promise that was taken by another trigger happy white cop who just couldn't stand the thought of a child having a little fun shooting at someone at 3am.

The mother of this 14 year old future Democrat voter had such big plans for him,

a full fledged gangmember in the projects,

a no-show job arranged by a community organizer,

at least two babies by two baby mamas by age 16,

a prison stint or two where he would obtain his GED in order to become a physician in a government sponsored affirmative action program to recruit more minorities into the medical field once qualified doctors have resigned because of ObamaCare.

I could go on, but it is just too tragic. Plus its time for another photo shoot. I hope I don't accidentally tweet Hillary again.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I see you trying drop the subject by using the Pseudo Liberals deflection tactic by spinning what we have been dicussing about the CRA and No I am Democrat but to you I guess I a right winger and doesnt sound good for you to say that because I am Not the Devoted Pseudo Liberal Leftist Extremist Democrat that is out to destroy the US that these Pseudo Liberal Democrats as they call themselves have evolved into and what to head towards & Closer to Communism and everything from FDR & LBJ align with Communism which I and others want nothing to do with.
Is this post of yours written in some sort of code that only idiots can make sense out of?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran's economy is a mess. Iran's new leader said the solution is talking to the West about these sanctions.
Republican will oppose everything
LOL

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You people put your boy in the White House and the net result has been regression for the black community.
An empty victory.
Galt slings more slurs.

Is that all you right whiners got?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Loved the film.
"One cut of the film includes bloopers from a deleted scene, played during the closing credits: Sellers, lying on a gurney, tries in vain to recite the "message" given by the gang leader (one of the gang members is played by future Allman Brothers band bassist Oteil Burbridge), which includes quite a bit of swearing, with a straight face. Sellers ends up flubbing the lines and laughing instead"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_There
Visited the "Biltmore Estate"
Post more films
I loved it too!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I see you trying drop the subject by using the Pseudo Liberals deflection tactic by spinning what we have been dicussing about the CRA and No I am Democrat but to you I guess I a right winger and doesnt sound good for you to say that because I am Not the Devoted Pseudo Liberal Leftist Extremist Democrat that is out to destroy the US that these Pseudo Liberal Democrats as they call themselves have evolved into and what to head towards & Closer to Communism and everything from FDR & LBJ align with Communism which I and others want nothing to do with.
Again son, its' YOUR claim. It's YOUR opinion.

I can't do anything about that.

Now if you want to go ranting off on FDR and LBJ..... fine.

The topic you made a point of was CRA... in case you forgot!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Is this post of yours written in some sort of code that only idiots can make sense out of?
I would say it proves you are an Idiot, a Useful one the the Pseudo Liberal Democrats need.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Again son, its' YOUR claim. It's YOUR opinion.
I can't do anything about that.
Now if you want to go ranting off on FDR and LBJ..... fine.
The topic you made a point of was CRA... in case you forgot!
again

The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas had it right when it said—in a paper pointedly entitled "Red Lining or Red Herring?"—"the CRA may not be needed in today's financial environment to ensure all segments of our economy enjoy access to credit." True, some households—those with a history of credit problems, for instance, or those buying homes in neighborhoods where re-selling them might be difficult—may not qualify for loans at all, and some may have to pay higher interest rates, in reflection of higher risk. But higher rates in such situations are balanced by lower house prices. This is not a conspiracy against the poor; it's how markets measure risk and work to make credit available.

LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt slings more slurs.
Is that all you right whiners got?
Galt's world is filled with republicans destroying republicans and he is in denial.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you posting Left Wing Nonsense.
Howard Husock
The Clinton administration has turned the Community Reinvestment Act, a once-obscure and lightly enforced banking regulation law, into one of the most powerful mandates shaping American cities—and, as Senate Banking Committee chairman Phil Gramm memorably put it, a vast extortion scheme against the nation's banks. Under its provisions, U.S. banks have committed nearly $1 trillion for inner-city and low-income mortgages and real estate development projects, most of it funneled through a nationwide network of left-wing community groups, intent, in some cases, on teaching their low-income clients that the financial system is their enemy and, implicitly, that government, rather than their own striving, is the key to their well-being.
From your author 8 years later. Even this article supports the FRB findings REGARDLESS of what you claim....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/community-re...

"Lending leverage
Community Reinvestment Act may gain new prominence
Stories You Might Like

By Ruth Mantell, MarketWatch

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)-- As the market evolves during the financial crisis, the Community Reinvestment Act may achieve new prominence among consumers, regulators and institutions.

The law, which encourages federally regulated banks and thrifts to provide credit to low- and moderate-income communities, has come under pressure from conservative critics who claim it fostered irresponsible lending and led, at least in part, to the subprime mortgage meltdown. But the law's defenders say the CRA has done just the opposite and that if more institutions had been subject its provisions the subprime crisis might have been averted.

Since the act stipulates that regulators look at an institution's CRA performance when considering a request to expand, as the banking industry consolidates and credit markets thaw it's likely that more attention will be paid to CRA, said Nicolas Retsinas, director of Harvard University's Joint Center for Housing Studies.

CRA's importance going forward will depend on regulators, said Howard Husock, director of the Manhattan Institute's social entrepreneurship initiative.

"It could be a significant element of how banks are judged, and thus CRA-type loans would be encouraged," Husock said....

... Controversial lending law

Not all good borrowers fit into a lender's cookie-cutter model, and the 1977 CRA was crafted to make sure that good borrowers who had been redlined could get good loans.

A major criticism is that the CRA fueled loans to risky subprime borrowers, with regulators pushing banks to ignore sound underwriting -- a combination that contributed to the widespread housing market weakness. Husock said good CRA ratings were "coin of the realm" for banks that wanted to expand.

But despite the incentives, there's evidence that CRA-covered lenders did not, in fact, throw all caution to the wind. Analysts recently found that borrowers with subprime loans were three to five times as likely to go into default as those who got "affordable mortgages," such as CRA-related loans, through a program designed to expand homeownership...."
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved it too!
Excellent film.
Anthony W

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you posting Left Wing Nonsense.
Howard Husock
I disagreed with this 2008 Fortune article and I still disagree now. Imagine, the government and its social engineering causing the collapse? No way Jose.

The CRA forces banks to make loans in poor communities, loans that banks may otherwise reject as financially unsound. Under the CRA, banks must convince a set of bureaucracies that they are not engaging in discrimination, a charge that the act encourages any CRA-recognized community group to bring forward. Otherwise, any merger or expansion the banks attempt will likely be denied. But what counts as discrimination?

According to one enforcement agency,“discrimination exists when a lender’s underwriting policies contain arbitrary or outdated criteria that effectively disqualify many urban or lower-income minority applicants.” Note that these “arbitrary or outdated criteria” include most of the essentials of responsible lending: income level, income verification, credit history and savings history–the very factors lenders are now being criticized for ignoring.

The government has promoted bad loans not just through the stick of the CRA but through the carrot of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which purchase, securitize and guarantee loans made by lenders and whose debt is itself implicitly guaranteed by the federal government. This setup created an easy, artificial profit opportunity for lenders to wrap up bundles of subprime loans and sell them to a government-backed buyer whose primary mandate was to “promote homeownership,” not to apply sound lending standards.

Of course, lenders not only sold billions of dollars in suspect loans to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, contributing to their present debacle, they also retained some subprime loans themselves and sold others to Wall Street–leading to the huge banking losses we have been witnessing for months. Is this, then, a free market failure? Again, no.

In a free market, lending large amounts of money to low-income, low-credit borrowers with no down payment would quickly prove disastrous. But the Federal Reserve Board’s inflationary policy of artificially low interest rates made investing in subprime loans extraordinarily profitable.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/18/fannie-fredd...

Acorns anyone?
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I would say it proves you are an Idiot, a Useful one the the Pseudo Liberal Democrats need.
Republicans are with President Obama and you are with teabaggers?

In an attempt to break through the political impasse in Egypt, U.S. Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham are expected to arrive in Cairo on Monday to meet with Egypt's interim leaders.

The two Republican senators will meet with interim President Adly Mansour, Defense Minister Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and interim Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy, said Egyptian foreign affairs spokesman Badr Abdelatty.

McCain and Graham are making the trip at U.S. President Barack Obama's request.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Insurance providers aren't required to provide maternity benefits in all health plans. Maybe if you are 'planning' on having a baby you should make sure you have Maternity benefits--of course what's a liberal to do? plan? not likely. Under Obamacare, an estimated 8.7 million women will maybe obtain maternity coverage if they sign up and pay more-if not too bad. O'bamaabortion is what is being pushed, you will no longer worry need to worry about that pesky maternity care.
Obamacare doesn't fund abortions like Romneycare in Massachusetts does(Romney's abortion-on-demand companies like Steri-Cycle made millions in profits, but maternity care is covered now under Obamacare---a very pro-choice/anti-abortion policy at the heart of Obamacare.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••