Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418707 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#952739 Jul 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Nothing much. Just saved the world.
You committed suicide?
NJ raider 1

Arlington, VA

#952740 Jul 24, 2013
All I keep hearing from you right wingers is, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit &, if Obama had a state, it would look like Detroit. Are y'all not weary of the fact that, most republican states receive more from the govt than they contribute or, pay in?After that FACT, y'all should just STFU! Now I see why all you whiners are on this thread whining everyday. Easy solution to the debt of our country. Why don't y'all stop whining & contribute something other than an open, empty hand all the damn time. Meanwhile, most democratic states contribute more to the govt than they take &, you're the ones calling other folks moochers! Hypocritical Bastards!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#952742 Jul 24, 2013
Cheshire Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody do that? You're in a wheelchair with half you colon missing?
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your mind" and "You should probably change you colostomy bag and see your therapist about this??"

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#952743 Jul 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicmoron will follow his Handlers to HELL and he wonders why no one cares about his cut-n-paste bullshit when his attitude is the issue, nothing more than an idiot, he's a loser for life...
sonicmoron always trying to make chicken salad out of old chicken bones & chicken shit...
It's the culture....
When he posts things like Hannity "edited" Obama's statement about our taxes going up leaving off the part "by design", it didn't even cross his mind that Obama WANTED our taxes to go up. He just added "by design" to try and place the blame elsewhere. As usual.

Obama's promise of a middle class tax cut was a failed promise or a flat out lie - because everyone saw more money taken from their checks last January and will again next year.

And they still keep electing these people.

sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#952744 Jul 24, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"A Democratic legislator from Minnesota swiftly apologized Tuesday for a tweet he sent that referred to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as "Uncle Thomas" following a major ruling on the nation's landmark voting rights law."
But Winkler is far from alone. A family member of mine had already used the term with me upon learning of the court's ruling. Thomas has been called that and much worse. There are conservatives, though, who argue that any African American who dares to defy the Democratic stereotype is automatically branded a sellout or Uncle Tom. My previous reporting on black Republicans found that is simply not the case.

Black Republicans like former Secretary of State Colin Powell have long been warmly embraced in communities of color, and in Powell's case even long before he endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president. Those black conservatives who are embraced, however, from Powell to Joe Watkins, appear to share one commonality: Their commitment to the black community was never in question.

As black Republican consultant Raynard Jackson told me at the time, "The black Republicans who receive the most favorable treatment within our community are those who are actually engaged in our community. When you look at people like Mia Love, Allen West and J.C. Watts, most of these prominent black Republicans are not engaged within the black community in a significant way."

But in the case of Thomas, the opposite is true. Not only has he never engaged with civil rights groups in a meaningful away -- unlike Powell, who has a long-standing relationship with the United Negro College Fund -- Thomas has spent much of his career attacking civil rights measures, measures from which he benefited.

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/blogging-beltway...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#952745 Jul 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill does call for new taxes but a portion is paid through offsets & savings in other areas.
I realize that the word "taxes"is evil to those who do not wish to support their country.
Hypothetical offsets and savings, real taxes.

The Revolutionary War was about taxes and people who did not wish to support a government that had become oppressive.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#952746 Jul 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill does call for new taxes but a portion is paid through offsets & savings in other areas.
I realize that the word "taxes"is evil to those who do not wish to support their country.
We realize that the word "taxes" is evil to the 47% who do not pay taxes to support their country.

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#952747 Jul 24, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one of your boyfriends; talks just like you:
“F*ck all you libtards out there, as a matter of fact, read my shirt,” he says, turning around to show a message on his back which read,“Liberals take it in the a**.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/23/pennsyl...
Seems you retardicans are really frustrated closet queens. Come out of the closet, you'll feel better and wont' be so violent.
Maybe that guy and dumbass dave with his strap on can get together.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#952748 Jul 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
George Zimmerman filed a lawsuit against NBC claiming that NBC made him (George) look racist in a edited 911 tape they aired.
The thing is, when George Zimmerman filed his Complaint with the Court, he, Zimmerman, edited out the portion of the 911 tape that George makes himself look racist when he said, "F'cking Coons." (listen to Time Stamp 2:22)
Also, at Time Stamp 3:20, on the tape you can hear George knocking or taping on a door and if you listen closely you can hear George say: "Keep an eye on my truck." Who did George say that to, and why did he edit those words out of the Transcript he filed with the Court?
Try to wrap your head around that one.
Zimmerman files a lawsuit with the Court claiming he has suffered damages of "emotional distress" from an edited 911 tape that he claims made him him look racist -- but at the same time -- Zimmerman gives the Court his own edited version of same 911 tape by cutting out his own comment: "F'cking Coons"
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/07/1167...
phenomenal! his lawyers are looking for a way to get paid since Georgy and Shelly spent all the donations on bonbons from Target.

Lapeer, MI

#952749 Jul 24, 2013
Cheshire Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody do that? You're in a wheelchair with half you colon missing?
Please tell us what the inside of your colostomy bag looks like.
From the outside, you look silly, sh ithead:)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#952750 Jul 24, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Since the '50's? Man, Cherokreep Tommy, who are you pretending to be now--second comming of Strom Thurmond?
Are you stoned already? You now think Easy is some "Cherokreep" poster? You have some serious malfunctions.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#952751 Jul 24, 2013
WOW wrote:
WHEN BLACKS KILL BLACKS THEY ARE TOLD TO STOP SNITCHING lolololololostill no NATION WIDE PROTEST FOR THE MURDERS IN CHITOWN , PHILLY, BRONX,CLEVELAND, where are the NAMES of these BLACK PEOPLE THAT ARE MURDERED IN DRIVE BY WHERE IS THE PROTEST AGAINST ARON HERNANDEZ
so do you white folks do drive-bys, or do you just keep it in the family?

the white on white crime epidemic scandal needs to be investigated by Congress.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#952752 Jul 24, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go play with your embarrassments and leave the opinions to me:)
lol! You're full of both son.

No need to give me any of yours. I don't want them!

Lapeer, MI

#952753 Jul 24, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
All I keep hearing from you right wingers is, Detroit, Detroit, Detroit &, if Obama had a state, it would look like Detroit. Are y'all not weary of the fact that, most republican states receive more from the govt than they contribute or, pay in?After that FACT, y'all should just STFU! Now I see why all you whiners are on this thread whining everyday. Easy solution to the debt of our country. Why don't y'all stop whining & contribute something other than an open, empty hand all the damn time. Meanwhile, most democratic states contribute more to the govt than they take &, you're the ones calling other folks moochers! Hypocritical Bastards!
If the Magic Negro had a rambling, drug-addicted son, he'd sound like you:)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#952755 Jul 24, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You committed suicide?
Yes son.

... and that's why right wing 'logic' dictates I can post to answer your question!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#952756 Jul 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare is paid for (partially thanks to Dumbya)by taxes, but these SSI lifers think that's just hunky dory. "Reward the one percent; screw the forty-seven" has become the mantra of these aged baggers who are kept alive by public funds. I think these right-whiners "just can't get right,"

Lapeer, MI

#952757 Jul 24, 2013
Typical Liberal Flock here. They duck their responsibilities and bring you the bill:

http://www.bing.com/az/hprichbg/rb/DuckCousin...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#952758 Jul 24, 2013
Never before have we seen such a thin-skinned, sensitive president who only wants to be liked and adored by his admirers...and who personally went after and demeaned his only opposition.

(Forgot to add the last part.)

But it's quite remarkable. And worrisome.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#952759 Jul 24, 2013
Cheshire Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, baby. It's about to get fairly bloody around here, you might want to avert your eyes... I know how delicate your sensibilities are...
You sure are working your proxy list. Keep going, debil. Don't let topix take you down!!!
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#952760 Jul 24, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
When he posts things like Hannity "edited" Obama's statement about our taxes going up leaving off the part "by design", it didn't even cross his mind that Obama WANTED our taxes to go up. He just added "by design" to try and place the blame elsewhere. As usual.
Obama's promise of a middle class tax cut was a failed promise or a flat out lie - because everyone saw more money taken from their checks last January and will again next year.
And they still keep electing these people.
so now i get it.

FOX edits video so we can all know what Obama really means.

but that's not journalism. that's opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,621
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Mike torres 20,504
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Curiouser And Cur... 61,038
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ize Found 70,952
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages