Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#948499 Jul 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I am honored by your admiration and consequent use of my genius quotations but may I suggest that you first learn the content and context first before application?
You are looking foolish.
...but then, your being comfortable is important, too, I suppose....
You may suggest son. But I already understand and use it appropriately.

If you believe the quote is foolish, then you must believe you are foolish as well!

And there as a shiny electron, you'll get no argument from me son.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#948500 Jul 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What Yeah drops in the can after a long night of rough sex.
So based on your personal experience, what is it that drops in the can son?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948501 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You may suggest son. But I already understand and use it appropriately.
If you believe the quote is foolish, then you must believe you are foolish as well!
And there as a shiny electron, you'll get no argument from me son.
Your *application* is foolish.

See? I was correct in my keen observation of a full grown Idiot.

I take notes.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#948502 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So based on your personal experience, what is it that drops in the can son?
A non-functioning chunk of your brains.

....which could be any section from any location:)

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#948503 Jul 19, 2013
To all you Trayvon Martin crybabies: what happened to the case of Antonio West? What about the thousands of black on black murders that have occured since TM died? Is it too much like the "N" word, i.e. "That is OUR word, not society's word; those are OUR crimes, not society's crimes."
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#948504 Jul 19, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
To all you Trayvon Martin crybabies: what happened to the case of Antonio West? What about the thousands of black on black murders that have occured since TM died? Is it too much like the "N" word, i.e. "That is OUR word, not society's word; those are OUR crimes, not society's crimes."
Black on black murders are justified under ghetto law's "stand yo turf" provision,(similar to Florida's "stand your ground").

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948505 Jul 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's not so, what the family and many others wanted was an arrest in order that the event play itself out in the courtroom and not the back room. The SYG law was introduced by the police department as it's basis for cutting George loose rather than booking him and letting a judge make the decision.
Pay attention___we've had a first hearing judge and then three others. George has had two sets of attorneys, the first set held a press conference to proclaim that George had established a collection-website and then disappeared and was not returning their calls.
We learned that George's pal Mark was steering him around early, advising against Hal Uhrig and promoting Mark NeJame. We learned that NeJame couldn't get involved as one of his partners was married to the first judge assigned to the case. NeJame recommended O'Mara and the judge had to recuse herself anyway because it was learned that NeJame was in bed with O'Mara too.
Enter Judge Kenny Lester who has no use for Zimmerman, his family and probably O'Mara. Lester hikes George's bond to one million $ because he lied, Shellie lied and it was learned that George had two passports. Brokeazz George who's running from creditors and has over a hundred grand in pay pal loot also has two passports. Hah!
O'Mara claims he had no earthly idea that George had been shuffling big money around via Shellie on the jail house phone and gets a huge pass from Lester because the former lawyer, Uhrig knew all about the loot.
Are you following along here? Probably not because you're too fkn stupid to keep up or you just don't like details.
And that explains how Hoodieman was hopped up on Codeine coming back from the store with the ingredients for a new batch of Drank and was bashing Zimmermans head against a concrete sidewalk when he was blown away.
You forgot to mention the part where the state's attorney committed a felony and lied under oath to railroad Zimmerman into a court room where some radical left wingnut judge could ignore the Constitution and orchestrate a guilty verdict.

If you want to jump on a real case of a miscarriage of justice, jump on this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-trial-turns-s...

"Marissa Alexander, 32, an African American who was sentenced to a mandatory 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot into the wall of her home in 2010 to end a violent argument with her abusive husband."

How about you dig up some dirt on this person.
Or, is this a miscarriage of justice and a bonafide Stand Your Ground case? What would have happened to this woman if she didn't have a gun? Do you think her excuse for a husband would have beat the shit out of her, like he usually did?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#948506 Jul 19, 2013
Hollywood's big budget flops? Conservatives and Republicans are boycotting the films because most of the "Stars" are annoying vocal liberals. Liberals and Democrat patronage is waning because movie theaters have stopped accepting SNAP EBT cards as payment for tickets and skittles.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#948508 Jul 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
I don't see an increase in the number of blacks assaulting whites and hispanics since the verdict of not guilty was announced for Zimmerman. It seems to be the same, with the exception that there is just another excuse used for the same old uncivilized bullshit.
Now, when some black "child" shoots a baby in the face or mugs some 70 year old great grandmother, they just add "this is for Trayvon" to their diatribe to go along with "give me your wallet".
25 black Liberals gang rape an 11 year old girl mad at Zimmerman's verdict!!!

See? Liberals, all Liberals in here and everywhere, think alike, are one and the same and are sick monsters!!!
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#948509 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked this editorial by Graham J Noble.
IRS lawyer Carter Hull told congressional investigators that his superiors informed him that the chief counsel’s office, headed by Obama-appointee William Wilkins, needed to subject certain applications to additional review because of potential political activity. It should be noted that no left-wing organizations had been subjected to this scrutiny.
The common refrain from this administration, in every situation, is that the people at the top of the ladder are, somehow, always completely unaware of decisions made by their staff.
It begs the question; why does the US government even have an executive branch when, by its own contention, it makes no decisions and is not, in any way, involved in running the country?
An additional question might be; why is anyone reading the mainstream media, when they constantly refuse to report on some of the most important political issue of the day?
The American people should be asking themselves; if the previous President’s administration was so directly culpable in every event that damaged the nation, then why is the current President’s administration so completely detached and uninvolved?
...That's what I ask myself every single day.
Of course you'd like it Carol, it parrots all of the lies you've been spewing for a while. The biggest lie is that only "conservative groups were targeted. The fact is that groups that used the terms "Progressive", "Medical Marijuana," "Occupied Territory Advocacy," "Healthcare legislation," were also given extra scrutiny as they should have. How many "conservative" groups were denied 501(c)(4) status Carol? NONE! They were also free to operate under that status while their cases were under review. So just how were they harmed in any way? But go ahead Carol, keep flogging that dead horse and prove what a fool you are on a daily basis.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948510 Jul 19, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you'd like it Carol, it parrots all of the lies you've been spewing for a while. The biggest lie is that only "conservative groups were targeted. The fact is that groups that used the terms "Progressive", "Medical Marijuana," "Occupied Territory Advocacy," "Healthcare legislation," were also given extra scrutiny as they should have. How many "conservative" groups were denied 501(c)(4) status Carol? NONE! They were also free to operate under that status while their cases were under review. So just how were they harmed in any way? But go ahead Carol, keep flogging that dead horse and prove what a fool you are on a daily basis.
Care to back this party line propaganda spam bullshit up?

How about we see what a Congressional investigation comes up with. For some reason, Obama's controllers are opposed to this idea.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948511 Jul 19, 2013
Why do we need things like neighborhood watches?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/woman-se...

If someone like George Zimmerman lived in that neighborhood, he would have made himself visible, and this burglary probably would not have happened.

“The neighbor quickly alerted police, who arrived as the burglar was leaving. Though no arrests were made, all stolen items were recovered after the intruder made a clumsy escape.”

The police arrive and see the burglar. The burglar dumps all of the stolen articles and escapes to burglarize another home some other time.

… and here’s the good part. NO ARRESTS WERE MADE.

I wonder what the description of the burglar the police use if they are inclined to catch this criminal would be....
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#948512 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter son? Hate the truth
If you we're unable to vote, you'd be unable to eat....
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#948513 Jul 19, 2013
were...
PDUPONT

Easthampton, MA

#948514 Jul 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I miss President Mitt Romney.
Of course you do Carol, you're both sociopaths, pathological liars and hypocrites.
LCN Llin

United States

#948515 Jul 19, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you'd like it Carol, it parrots all of the lies you've been spewing for a while. The biggest lie is that only "conservative groups were targeted. The fact is that groups that used the terms "Progressive", "Medical Marijuana," "Occupied Territory Advocacy," "Healthcare legislation," were also given extra scrutiny as they should have. How many "conservative" groups were denied 501(c)(4) status Carol? NONE! They were also free to operate under that status while their cases were under review. So just how were they harmed in any way? But go ahead Carol, keep flogging that dead horse and prove what a fool you are on a daily basis.
Bush expanded entitlements with Prescription Drugs under Medicare.
Largest expansion of entitlements

When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.

The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent

America continues to suffer from the Republican Stock market crash of 2008.
LCN Llin

United States

#948516 Jul 19, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Morning again to all my topix friends!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum. I will also be juding your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed.
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
PLEASE join me!
Warm and sincerest hugs!!! "Waxman"
PS, another one of my wonderful sockpuppets has come forth. He calls himself "Jorge Zimmerman".
Please my dear friends, show him some Topix Love!!
Not telling my doctors about this one!
I'm in full judgit meltdown mode my friends!!!!!!!!!!
Republicans best act is the all day long whine :-)
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#948517 Jul 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So based on your personal experience, what is it that drops in the can son?
'If you fail to find the polling place in your district eventually you will starve!'
tell_it_like_it_ is

Oklahoma City, OK

#948518 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush expanded entitlements with Prescription Drugs under Medicare.
Largest expansion of entitlements
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent
America continues to suffer from the Republican Stock market crash of 2008.
'If you fail to find the polling place in your district you will eventually starve!'

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#948519 Jul 19, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush expanded entitlements with Prescription Drugs under Medicare.
Largest expansion of entitlements
When President Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at 1,342.54.
The day he left office, it was 805.22, a drop of 40 percent
America continues to suffer from the Republican Stock market crash of 2008.
Let's go over the facts again.

The Democrats supported the war in Iraq in exchange for the Republicans giving to them no effectove oversight of their Marxist CRA subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank.

Now you have no excuse for repeating that obvious propaganda lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min zion 52,838
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min TRD 69,680
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 38 min EasyEed 309,670
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Fri Larry 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Wed KM Philcox 148
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Apr 21 Schmones 17
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]