Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404811 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939429 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I obviously disagree with what you consider the legitimate function of government. The social compact empowers the government with the authority to defend life, liberty, and property. If you can't frame a government action within that context I disagree with it. It applies differently from the Federal level down to the local. If your community wants the government to sanction marriage that's fine with me provided its within the equal protection clause; I don't have to be a member of that community. However, the further you get from the community level the more restricted the government must be otherwise you end up with a federal government like the one you constantly bitch about on here.
I just find it strange that you are so anti-marriage and find no common good for having these laws.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#939430 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I obviously disagree with what you consider the legitimate function of government. The social compact empowers the government with the authority to defend life, liberty, and property. If you can't frame a government action within that context I disagree with it. It applies differently from the Federal level down to the local. If your community wants the government to sanction marriage that's fine with me provided its within the equal protection clause; I don't have to be a member of that community. However, the further you get from the community level the more restricted the government must be otherwise you end up with a federal government like the one you constantly bitch about on here.
You still have nothing better to do than carry out your life on a thread?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#939431 Jul 7, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure I'm to blame for the obsession about Fox since I happen to like O'Reilly and haven't been shy about saying so.
Been an O'Reilly Factor fan for more than a decade though - almost since the very beginning.
Don't watch much other Fox shows either - maybe once in a while or when it's a special event being covered.
I can't say much about things Fox because I'm not there but from what I read about O'Reilly, he is extremely popular.

And those snippets of him on YouTube are appealing:]
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#939432 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That post wasn't about "standards of care", it was about admitting privileges.
They're not trying to apply standards evenly in TX, they're trying to force abortions into surgical centers while not requiring the same for other surgical procedures routinely performed in clinics. I asked Nobama about this several pages ago, he never answered.
What other surgical procedures comparable to abortion are "routinely performed in clinics"?

And don't give us that "lancing a boil" crap.

Abortions should be performed in hospital outpatient clinics.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#939433 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what your quote states
"THA agrees that women should receive high-quality care and that physicians should be held accountable for acts that violate their license. However, a requirement that physicians who perform one particular outpatient procedure, abortion, be privileged at a hospital is not the appropriate way to accomplish these goals. A hospital’s granting privileges to a physician serves to assure the hospital that the physician has the appropriate qualifications to provide services to patients in the hospital. Thousands of physicians operate clinics and provide services in those clinics but do not have hospital admitting privileges. Requiring a hospital to grant admitting privileges to physicians who do not provide services inside the hospital is time-consuming and expensive for the hospital and does not serve the purpose for which privileges were intended; rather, the Texas Medical Board is the appropriate agency to address whether physicians are delivering appropriate care to patients, as the TMB regulates all physicians. Hospitals should not be required to assume responsibility for the qualifications of physicians who do not practice in the hospital."
Notice it wasn't a reply to anyone? I was introducing a new, related topic to the discussion I was having with Nobama.

Your dumb is impressively persistent.

Location hidden

#939434 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The implication is that hospitals want nothing to do with abortion clinics and consider many of their physicians to be less than qualified.
So, how do these hospitals feel about botched abortions being dumped on their emergency rooms because the abortion clinics lack proper personnel, facilities, and equipment?
Why not perform abortions in hospital outpatients clinics, where all the physicians already have admitting privileges?
Evidently the Texas Hospital Association opposes the legislation. Any other answers you want you'll have to take up with them.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939435 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, you goobers with your hypocritical "less government" keep me plenty busy. Some particular outrages by the left get me to post about them here but the left hasn't been the side touting "less government" when they increase it.
I would prefer a mostly NO government but understand that most people aren't like me and are dependent on some measure of government. All I would ask would be that the government act within the confines of the Constitution, it IS the law and adherence to it is the government's foundation for legitimacy.
What you are claiming as hypocrisy is a whole bunch of illegitimate straw men that you have created so far today-

Applying the same standards to abortion clinics as other out-patient clinics is creating new regulations -not true.

Marriage laws despite being part of our and other nation's laws for centuries all of sudden becomes "Big Government" because of your interpretation of the constitution-no court cases to back it up.

Lapeer, MI

#939436 Jul 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> I'd rather have an honest President Obama on the limits of American power in the Middle East than a dishonest George Bush who lied and rushed us into a war that we could not win in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Interpretation: you'd rather have an incompetent Affirmative Action guy ruin America and America's world status than to have a qualified President run things any day.

Stupid is, Stupid does.

Location hidden

#939437 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you in favor of government granting contractual rights in marriage, or not?
Galt is not clear on your position.
If you want the government to arbitrate the dissolution of a marriage contract I can live with that. I personally think private arbitration is better but I tend to think most things are better performed by the private sector.

Lapeer, MI

#939438 Jul 7, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Jealous Liar.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939439 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice it wasn't a reply to anyone? I was introducing a new, related topic to the discussion I was having with Nobama.
Your dumb is impressively persistent.
You were the moron claiming the law was forcing abortion clinics into the hospital which was NOT supported by your article.

Is this another straw man trying to deflect from your misstatement/LIE?
Nostrilis Waxman

Phoenix, AZ

#939440 Jul 7, 2013
All of the Tea Party(communists) use personal attacks rather than logic. They fear the Progressives as they jeopardize the baggers chances at stealing from other people who actually work.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939441 Jul 7, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have nothing better to do than carry out your life on a thread?
A very strange life at that as he is frequently confused about what he just posted.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939442 Jul 7, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about straw men, you need to support your original claim that they were supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.
I already proved you were wrong.
No you didn't so the onus is yours.
Nostrilis Waxman

Phoenix, AZ

#939444 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever lily
Whatever Carol!!

Lapeer, MI

#939445 Jul 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: they don't have a tv in your institution. Fkoff you lying polack beast from hell.
Wow. You really value that TV, eh, lily? It's your entire life.

I'll bet you point the Remote at me and keep pressing the Channel Button.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... .

How many TV's have you ruined throwing liquor bottles at them?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... .

You ARE a trip, ladee...
Nostrilis Waxman

Phoenix, AZ

#939446 Jul 7, 2013
I still have nothing better to do than carry out my life on a thread.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#939447 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What other surgical procedures comparable to abortion are "routinely performed in clinics"?
And don't give us that "lancing a boil" crap.
Abortions should be performed in hospital outpatient clinics.
The main problem with his statement was the article did not support his claim that they were forcing them into the hospital setting.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#939448 Jul 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said Bush liked Lois Lerner, or even knew who she was?
by the birther rules of guilt by association.....it was a Bush plan from the beginning.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#939449 Jul 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to tell us what you think the Tea Party professes as you have danced around this for several turns now.
The t-p professes what they want son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 24 min Junket 311,494
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Ize Found 70,836
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,661
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 3 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 6 hr Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages