Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536423 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928958 Jun 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If Eric Holder decides to resign, that's his decision. The President will not ask him to. Those 4 out of 10 Americans represent the dummies who probably listen to Fox all day and marched with signs that read Don't Take Away my Medicare. There are alot of dummies in this country; just look at this small representation on here that is totally clueless.
I think Hillary will run, and win. Who will you run?
It's my bet - and I'd bet the farm - that at least 3 out of those 4 in 10 Americans who believe Obamacare has already been repealed live in the most liberal states and voted for Obama.

Liberals in the most liberal parts of the country aren't paying attention because they believe they voted for the right person - so what could go wrong?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928959 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
If Eric Holder decides to resign, that's his decision. The President will not ask him to. Those 4 out of 10 Americans represent the dummies who probably listen to Fox all day and marched with signs that read Don't Take Away my Medicare. There are alot of dummies in this country; just look at this small representation on here that is totally clueless.
I think Hillary will run, and win. Who will you run?
You are hopelessly clueless.

I swear reading your posts is not much different than reading frontporch's.

Tell us, does the market sell off on good news.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928960 Jun 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack yearns for the days of the two handed set shot.
Just playing by current rules would be sufficient.

Can Dave tell us when palming the ball was legalized?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928961 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party in Orlando would most likely not welcome you.
-
Tea Party is good for the Democrats
U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.&#8232;
Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.&#8232;
"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.&#8232;
"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."
He added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."&#8232;
It's probably best not to dig up skeletons. They're already dead.

Time to look ahead and pay attention to the present chaos which is alive and well.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#928962 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. I have nothing to hide. Get a cell phone scrambler and disconnect your landline and voila, no more worries.
When I was in college, I always had a hard time chasing checks because someone that had a bad financial history had almost the exact same drivers license number as me (the only difference was mine started with C, her's started with A; everything else was identical). I feel bad for you when you can't fly to Greece because someone with almost an identical phone number as you ordered 5000 rounds of ammunition every month for the last year.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928963 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
If the government spys on eveyone, who's to say they didn't dig up dirt on someone like judge roberts and use that dirt to get him to do their bidding? Or won't do something similar in the future?
The Obamacare decision by Roberts would tend to support that idea.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928964 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican Party in Orlando would most likely not welcome you.
-
Tea Party is good for the Democrats
U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, who won Missouri's GOP Senate primary earlier this month and will face incumbent Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November's general election, said Sunday that he misspoke when he claimed "legitimate rape" rarely resulted in pregnancy.&#8232;
Answering a question about whether or not he thought abortion should be legal in the case of rape, Akin explained his opposition by citing unnamed bodily responses he said prevented pregnancy.&#8232;
"First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy in an interview with KTVI. A clip of the interview was posted online by the liberal super PAC American Bridge.&#8232;
"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin continued. He did not provide an explanation for what constituted "legitimate rape."
He added: "But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."&#8232;
The guy was an idiot and you are an idiot. Your point?
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928965 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, you have no one better...
.... so your only option is to attack the opponent.
I could be wrong, but I have to believe most Democrats want to start with a clean slate in 2016.

Most are just hoping they can survive until then. Obamacare is the next new reality.
Aunt Bettie Lou

Orlando, FL

#928966 Jun 21, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought Romney would win?
Anyone with a functioning brain thought Romney would win.

Now look where we are.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928967 Jun 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
They've expanded the information they put in that file. Why are you leaving out the chili beans you had with the bratwurst?
They told me how frequently Homer goes to kMart and Target.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928968 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As long as they qualify, it's not a problem.
But it's the same thing as CRA.
And if a disproportionate number of minorities lack the financial qualifications???
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#928969 Jun 21, 2013
Taking OBAMACARE of Business

Washington has given just shy of a billion dollars to California “to set up its insurance exchange.” That’s not chump change, even in Obama’s America. So what’s it been spent on? Answer:“Outreach”:

* California lawmakers passed a law (Senate Bill 35) requiring that voter registration be part of the health insurance exchange.

Last month, Covered California announced $37 million in grants to 48 organizations to build public awareness about the opening of the health exchange on Oct. 1.

OF THE 48 ORGANIZATIONS THAT GOT GRANTS, ONLY A HANDFUL ARE HEALTH-CARE RELATED. THE CALIFORNIA NAACP RECEIVED $600,000 TO DO DOOR-TO-DOOR CANVASSING AND PRESENTATIONS AT COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS.

* Service Employees International Union, which says its mission is “economic justice,” received two grants totaling $2 million to make phone calls, robo-calls and go door to door.

* The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor AFL-CIO got $1 million for door-to-door, one-on-one education and social networking. It describes its role as “engaging in both organizing and political campaigns, electing pro-union and pro-worker candidates.”

OBAMACARE WON’T ADD A SINGLE DOCTOR OR NURSE OR EVEN HOSPITAL JANITOR, BUT IT DOES DIVERT STAGGERING SUMS OF MONEY TO DEMOCRATIC PARTY INTEREST GROUPS ENTIRELY UNRELATED TO HEALTH CARE, AND THAT’S WHAT MATTERS.
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#928970 Jun 21, 2013
Taking OBAMACARE of Business

The supposed rationale for Obamacare was that Americans pay more for health care than any other country, and yet too many of its citizens get none at all.

On the eve of implementation, two things can now be said for certain: Health care will be more expensive than ever, and worse than ever.

This will be a disaster beyond the wildest dreams of the British NHS or any other socialized system.

The Affordable Care Act was always exclusively about destroying the private insurance risk pools making premiums prohibitively expensive while accelerating the mandate-driven fascism of the US health care system with the goal of making single-payer federal leviathan health care the only functional game in town.

With this administration, political racketeering has become the modus operandi of the entire institutional left. Obama doesn't have much of a public CV but when it comes to organizing rent seekers, looters, and thugs, he's the One!

The immigration bill is full of this same thing -- diversion of funds and responsibilities to "community organizers," labor unions, and other Democratic party interest groups.

The way the bill is written now, those private Democratic party interest groups will get to re-write the material on American government that new citizens are supposed to learn and know.

This is on top of giving the Democrats 40 million new voters over the next couple of decades.

The Affordable Care Act was never affordable nor is it about care. It is a liberal boondoggle to cement their hold on the low information voter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928971 Jun 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Everett Flatch:[Shooter is coaching the team at a critical moment after Coach Dale was ejected] You think #22's gonna take their last shot, Dad?
Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch: Yeah, probably... they been pickin' low all night. Rade, let yourself get taken out! Uh, Buddy, drop down and take his place! Close that lane!
Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch:[after Buddy Walker steals the ball] Time! Time!
Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch: Alright, boys, this is the last shot we got! We're gonna run the picket fence at 'em! Jimmy, you're solo right! Everett, Merle should be open on the other side of that fence! Now, boys, don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Today, they would just give the ball to Lebron at the top of the key and let him bull his way to the basket for a slam dunk, without the need to dribble.

Entertaining, but not basketball.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928972 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Senators gained on Thursday what they clearly see as a crucial new ally in their quest to pass an immigration measure: Bill O'Reilly.
The Fox News host announced that, after the completion of a new Senate deal on border security, he was in favor of the bill's passage.
"It is time for the USA to pass immigration reform," he said. "For years I’ve called for a more secure southern border, you know that. And now it looks like the secure border is in reach. At least somewhat. So I hope this bill does become law."
O'Reilly and Fox News have been the subject of an intense, personal lobbying campaign by members of the so-called "Gang of Eight" who are working on the immigration bill and feel that the network's support is crucial if the GOP wants its base to accept the measure . The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza recently wrote that senators Marco Rubio, John McCain and others have talked privately to O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto to get them on side.
On Thursday, O'Reilly said that he had spoken to Rubio earlier in the day.
"Senator Rubio told me on the phone today that it would be at least 13 years—13—before people in the country illegally right now could gain full legal working status, and even longer to achieve citizenship," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/bill...
Rubio's Presidential hopes are hanging by a thread.

Ted Cruz is the real winner.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928973 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, you have no one better...
.... so your only option is to attack the opponent.
Unlike the Progressive sites who have attacked how many possible Rep candidates? 10 to 20 of them?

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#928974 Jun 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree with all immigration at this point with the way the O'bama economy is, and including Jeb Bush. Part of his family is hispanic, I think he holds a personal view because they came here legally and they are fine up-standing people. You can't govern from a personal ideology --this is evidenced by Barack Hussein O'bama.
I disagree with all immigration too. deport all those here illegally & their offspring.

Lets make it retroactive.

Good Bye Fetch.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#928975 Jun 21, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because when you have no standards and power is the only motivation driving you, it's easy to constantly find yourself between a rock and a hard place.
It's where most liberals live.
lol! that's where bushie boy lived from 2002.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#928976 Jun 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ingraham Dismisses Sen. Rubio's 2016 Chances For Supporting Immigration Reform: "Rubio's Over. Stick A Fork In Him"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/06/21/ingr...
Rubio/Jindal 2016!!
Bloomberg for President!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#928977 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you disagree with Jeb then? He worries that there will not be enough people to take care of the elderly white folk!
Who will clean the asses of the old white folks? The white kids?
Hey Dave,

Here is raging racist.

Where is your claims of racism when it is glaring obvious?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mooooooo 63,621
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr John-K 314,357
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Disturbed 20,924
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 18 hr Boob Power 7
News Police Deny Foul Play -- Courant.com (Jul '07) Fri Anonymous 23
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... May 25 Gremlin 7
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) May 24 AIPAC mohels 13

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages