Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564578 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919595 Jun 6, 2013

The House approved a bill Thursday that would grant legal status to President Bush's warrantless wiretapping program with new restrictions. Republicans called it a test before the election of whether Democrats want to fight or coddle terrorists.

"The Democrats' irrational opposition to strong national security policies that help keep our nation secure should be of great concern to the American people," Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said in a statement after the bill passed 232-191.

"To always have reasons why you just can't vote 'yes,' I think speaks volumes when it comes to which party is better able and more willing to take on the terrorists and defeat them," Boehner said.

Democrats shot back that the war on terrorism shouldn't be fought at the expense of civil and human rights. The bill approved by the House, they argued, gives the president too much power and leaves the law vulnerable to being overturned by a court.

"It is ceding the president's argument that Congress doesn't matter in this area," said Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Heather Wilson, R-N.M., that give legal status under certain conditions to Bush's warrantless wiretapping of calls and e-mails between people on U.S. soil making calls or sending e-mails and those in other countries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919596 Jun 6, 2013
WHAT THE HELL wrote:
(Reuters)- The Obama administration on Thursday defended its collection of a massive amount of telephone records from at least one carrier as part of U.S. counterterrorism efforts, re-igniting a debate over privacy even as it called the practice critical to protecting Americans from attacks.
The admission came after Britain's Guardian newspaper published on Wednesday a secret court order related to the records of millions of Verizon Communications customers. The surveillance appears to have involved the phone records of millions of Americans
DAMN, IS THIS THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION??????????
5 ways Obama is just like George W. Bush

From drone strikes to proxy detentions to warrantless wiretapping, he's kept the U.S. on permanent war footing

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/09/5_ways_obama_...
B
WOW

New York, NY

#919597 Jun 6, 2013
The SLAVE MASTERs are now the freedom fighters and the enslaved are their best warriors
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919598 Jun 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Gives Himself A $600,000 Raise-Un-freaking Believable, What about the Sequesters, This SOB is just out of control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xH7APxjuM6EXX
It's the culture...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/payrais...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#919599 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't cite a source, and i'm fibbing?
KMA
"sonic"
The CBO. Good enough source? They say the deficit spending in fiscal 2013 will be 642 billion dollars. Check it out. You how do you not?
Peace
KMA
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919600 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The House approved a bill Thursday that would grant legal status to President Bush's warrantless wiretapping program with new restrictions. Republicans called it a test before the election of whether Democrats want to fight or coddle terrorists.
"The Democrats' irrational opposition to strong national security policies that help keep our nation secure should be of great concern to the American people," Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said in a statement after the bill passed 232-191.
"To always have reasons why you just can't vote 'yes,' I think speaks volumes when it comes to which party is better able and more willing to take on the terrorists and defeat them," Boehner said.
Democrats shot back that the war on terrorism shouldn't be fought at the expense of civil and human rights. The bill approved by the House, they argued, gives the president too much power and leaves the law vulnerable to being overturned by a court.
"It is ceding the president's argument that Congress doesn't matter in this area," said Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
The bill, sponsored by Rep. Heather Wilson, R-N.M., that give legal status under certain conditions to Bush's warrantless wiretapping of calls and e-mails between people on U.S. soil making calls or sending e-mails and those in other countries.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Ghetto Folks, A Dumb Beauty Queen and Why The Country Is In A Mess, Mother's Nutritional Center Opens New Location As Federal Funds Keep Coming In, Ghetto People think they deserve special treatment, Stop Having Babies

It's the culture...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#919602 Jun 6, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the republicans wouldn't let him
"silly"
That is a lie.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919604 Jun 6, 2013
Is The IRS/Tea Party Affair A False Flag Operation By GOP Operatives?

...This affair smells fishy from the get-go. It was made for media consumption. Nobody got wound up in the Benghazi story because there was no easy handle for malicious reporters to grab unto, or for the public to readily grasp. But everybody already hates the IRS, so fabricating an abuse of power fable has built in appeal. Thatís how you end up with wild stories about the IRS Commissioner visiting the White House 157 times, with insinuations that he was conspiring with the President. When a legitimate news reporter followed up, there were far fewer visits (perhaps as few as eleven) and they were all to attend meetings, with people other than Obama, related to the implementation of the health care bill.

However, accuracy and honesty were never a part of the brazen hype machine that has been pumping out the lurid allegations and wispy rumor mongering that Republicans have embraced as their replacement for evidence and facts. The truth is merely an obstacle to the fulfillment of the GOPís agenda. But it is becoming more apparent every day that the truth may have more to do with Republican malfeasance than that of Democrats. And anyone who dismisses the role of Republicans in creating and executing this alleged scheme is willfully blinding themselves to the reality that the GOP had far more to gain by manufacturing this scandal than the Democrats would have had in carrying out something so inept and ineffective.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

[Authors Note: If you got this far I would like to reveal now that I don't believe for a second that the IRS affair is a false flag operation by the GOP. While all of the facts presented above are true, the conclusion is a farce meant to illustrate how different the crazies on the right are from the crazies on the left.

Conservatives would have jumped on a story with the factual details that this one has and propagated, in all seriousness, the conspiracy theory that I outlined above. Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, and even congresspersons like Michele Bachmann and Louie Gohmert would be polishing their tin-foil hats right about now. However, despite the ripeness of these facts, there is no one on the left pushing such a conspiracy theory.

Just a little something to ponder when right-wingers seek to make phony arguments of equivalency whenever they are caught doing or saying something that is monumentally stupid.]
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#919605 Jun 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
The CBO. Good enough source? They say the deficit spending in fiscal 2013 will be 642 billion dollars. Check it out. You how do you not?
Peace
KMA
The Congressional Budget Office reported Tuesday that the federal budget deficit is declining this year compared to fiscal 2012.

For the first seven months of 2013, the deficit was $489 billion. That is $231 billion less than the budget shortfall for the comparable period last year.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#919606 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
This president has made it no mystery he rewards loyalty and despises criticism, dividing both parties by demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office.
This is not the actions of a leader. They are character traits of a narcissist.
Lol. The president is loyal to the majority of citizens who elected him based on democratic ideals. If the people had wanted a republican president they would have elected one.

You have some nerve accusing Obama of "demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office" when it is VERY WELL documented tht it was the republicans who started their anti-Obama campaign that night. Take your blinders off.
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919607 Jun 6, 2013
Though you have eyes,.. you cannot see.
You have ears,.. yet you cannot hear.

Barack Obama : Zionist Stooge
Watch @:

Quote:
The so-called "president" is subservient to a foreign nation that is hostile to America. He cares more about a foreign country than he does the one he is "president" of.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#919609 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you're not in favor of tax credits to small businesses, but you were For Them when Bush43 gave them out to the oil companies, Big Ag, the big banks, the wealthiest 1% of Americans? What changed your mind? A Black American got elected as President.
I understand you are a liberal so I will type this real s-l-o-w. There is a difference between somebody or a corporation keeping more of the money they earn and the government simply giving someone or a corporation money. That saying, I say cut it all. Every damn one of them. Nothing for anybody. Here is my way.

$0.20 sales tax total.$0.12 local.$0.05 state.$0.03 federal. That's it!!! No other taxes period. NONE!!! If you cant run the government with the money you get cut the government till you can.
WOW

New York, NY

#919610 Jun 6, 2013
What the Obama supporters protested under Bush they now celebrate under obama, susan rice = donald rumsfeld = no change only different color Lier in CHIEF the country is not better in the last 20 years one lying president POLITICIAN after another that promised the country he would be different he is just worst
TSM

El Paso, TX

#919611 Jun 6, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you're not in favor of tax credits to small businesses, but you were For Them when Bush43 gave them out to the oil companies, Big Ag, the big banks, the wealthiest 1% of Americans? What changed your mind? A Black American got elected as President.
Front are you really this uninform, Obama as a Senator voted for Tax Cuts (Subsidies) for Big Oil!! I guess Obama was having a John Kerry moments ĎI voted for it, before I Voted against Ď
Lincoln

United States

#919612 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Democrats are turning on this president.
It's the only thing that gives me hope for the future of this country after being on here.
Carol has 1,000 posts on the attack on Benghazi...

then posts against preventing another attack through phone records

Administration, lawmakers defend NSA program to collect phone records
The Obama administration and key U.S. lawmakers on Thursday defended a secret National Security Agency telephone surveillance program that one congressman said had helped avert a terrorist attack in recent years.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#919613 Jun 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Is The IRS/Tea Party Affair A False Flag Operation By GOP Operatives?
...This affair smells fishy from the get-go. It was made for media consumption. Nobody got wound up in the Benghazi story because there was no easy handle for malicious reporters to grab unto, or for the public to readily grasp. But everybody already hates the IRS, so fabricating an abuse of power fable has built in appeal. Thatís how you end up with wild stories about the IRS Commissioner visiting the White House 157 times, with insinuations that he was conspiring with the President. When a legitimate news reporter followed up, there were far fewer visits (perhaps as few as eleven) and they were all to attend meetings, with people other than Obama, related to the implementation of the health care bill.
However, accuracy and honesty were never a part of the brazen hype machine that has been pumping out the lurid allegations and wispy rumor mongering that Republicans have embraced as their replacement for evidence and facts. The truth is merely an obstacle to the fulfillment of the GOPís agenda. But it is becoming more apparent every day that the truth may have more to do with Republican malfeasance than that of Democrats. And anyone who dismisses the role of Republicans in creating and executing this alleged scheme is willfully blinding themselves to the reality that the GOP had far more to gain by manufacturing this scandal than the Democrats would have had in carrying out something so inept and ineffective.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
[Authors Note: If you got this far I would like to reveal now that I don't believe for a second that the IRS affair is a false flag operation by the GOP. While all of the facts presented above are true, the conclusion is a farce meant to illustrate how different the crazies on the right are from the crazies on the left.
Conservatives would have jumped on a story with the factual details that this one has and propagated, in all seriousness, the conspiracy theory that I outlined above. Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, and even congresspersons like Michele Bachmann and Louie Gohmert would be polishing their tin-foil hats right about now. However, despite the ripeness of these facts, there is no one on the left pushing such a conspiracy theory.
Just a little something to ponder when right-wingers seek to make phony arguments of equivalency whenever they are caught doing or saying something that is monumentally stupid.]
Educated Black Woman Says ET Is a Disgrace to Blacks, Obama is not a Disgrace, Jesse Jackson Is Not A Disgrace, Al Sharpton Is Not A Disgrace, Black on Black Crime Is Okay, There are some dumb Negros out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

It's the culture..

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#919614 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, anyone who would support Americans being denied equal rights under the protection of the Constitution is technically the enemy.
That would be you, I believe.
Just which one of your Constitutional rights is being denied, Batty? You've obviously made the most of your right to remain stupid.

As to your beliefs, they are rather like your knowledge: non-existent and incorrect. IMHO, you have neither honor, patriotism, compassion, nor "walkin' around sense."
For the DEAF and BLIND

Meridian, MS

#919615 Jun 6, 2013
How many people do you know that can "suggest assassination" of political figures and get away with it?

Atlanta Jewish Times Column Suggests,..(title Edit)(Click for full title)
Watch @:

Quote:
Andrew Adler suggests that by assassinating the president it would save Israel from a Nuclear Iran. If a Gentile said this it would be considered terrorism and he would be in Gitmo......yet the "Chosen Ones" get a free pass.
Lincoln

United States

#919616 Jun 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama publicly and naively went after Fox News right after taking office. Remember?
He then banned Fox News from press conferences until the liberal media stood behind Fox.
This president has made it no mystery he rewards loyalty and despises criticism, dividing both parties by demonizing and diminishing republicans ever since he took office.
This is not the actions of a leader. They are character traits of a narcissist.
You must have forgotten the tea party - citizens who protested in peaceful dissent against big government - were put on the Homeland Security's list in 2009.
If you're still laughing, you're delerious.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday that he was "glad" the National Security Agency is collecting the phone records of Verizon Communications customers,

The Washington Times reported.

Speaking on Fox News, Graham explained that he was a Verizon customer and was happy to have his service provider handing over phone records to the government in an effort to track suspected terrorists.

"I'm a Verizon customer," Graham said. "I don't mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States."

Graham clarified that under the law, "you just can't track people's phone calls," and said there must be a reasonable belief that the people being surveilled are involved in terrorism.

"I donít think you're talking to the terrorists. I know you're not. I know I'm not, so we don't have anything to worry about," he said. "I am glad that NSA is trying to find out what terrorists are up to overseas and inside the country."
WOW

New York, NY

#919617 Jun 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Educated Black Woman Says ET Is a Disgrace to Blacks, Obama is not a Disgrace, Jesse Jackson Is Not A Disgrace, Al Sharpton Is Not A Disgrace, Black on Black Crime Is Okay, There are some dumb Negros out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
It's the culture..
Thats how the obama supporter thinks not BLACKS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weaponX 315,225
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... 2 hr Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show 4 hr tears of a clown 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 11 hr Norch 165
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Jul 20 jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages