Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383566 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#918935 Jun 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The starting point for Obama is as follows:
1) losing 750,000 jobs a month & growing trend
2) An economy Shrinking at over 6%
3) Two quagmire wars
4) A housing collapse
5) A near financial meltdown.
These things created
1) fast rising unemployment
2) More people on Food Stamps
3) Fewer people paying federal income taxes
4) Lower average incomes
5) Trillion dollar deficits
Employment/incomes are lagging indicators & take longer to recover. Average incomes have improved since they bottomed out. Unemployment rate is has improved since Obama stopped the job losses & it peaked. Deficits have been shrinking since they peaked in 2009,2010.
After the original stimulus dwindled down, we needed more action as many economists agree. Several of Obama's stimulus actions since Jan of 2011 have been stymied by Republicans in the House & Senate.
"are you joking"
"real dumb" is a troll. He has no answers as to why we are still in a recession, his words, not mine. He has no answers as to why; millions more American's on food stamps, millions fewer American's paying Federal Income tax, declining household incomes, housing values far below the level when his boy, president nobama took office, unemployment still high, officially a bit below 8% in reality over 15%. Oh, he does have a reason, It is Bush's fault. His answer for everything.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918936 Jun 5, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt…So this is like Horse Trading in your Opinion, so you share Sebelius opinion ‘Someone Lives, Someone Dies!”
There are never enough organs, of all kinds, for those who need them.

All decisions should be made on a medical basis, not on emotion.

Galt does not agree with Sebelius or any other Obama stormtrooper on any issue.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918937 Jun 5, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You really are ignorant? When someone calls you on your opinion you change the subject, You don't get away with that stuff, people know you can't argue anything but Demorat talking points. SON...
Answering questions posed by the opposition would mean betrayal. "Useful idiots" don't do that. They might be considered clear thinkers or, even worse, honest with themselves.

Horror of horrors.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#918938 Jun 5, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-4-...
Don't you just love Dumbya in front of that more appropriate sign?
Your link don't work Melvin. Unlike you libtards I realize the the Daily Show is a comedy show and not real news. But that is why all of you are clowns. You get your news from comedy and satire sites and shows and think it's real. You will grow up one day, maybe.
Lincoln

United States

#918939 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden is definitely the counterpart to the Narcissist-in-Chief.
What a nice refreshing change that alone would be.
Time to change the recording ....?

Your hatreds are blinding you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918940 Jun 5, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
"Flack" is not speaking of a law when he noted that convienence stores post a sign regarding hoodies. Stores are not telling anyone they can not wear a hoodie they are simply telling them to take the hoodie down when they enter. Stores have the right to refuse service to those who adversely affect their business. They can refuse entrance to those who do not wear a shirt or shoes.
"silly" you are the one who wants laws passed that restrict how a business is ran.
If folks were not sofuckinjg stoopid many laws would not be necessary. Texting while driving should be a no no. Folks should have enough sense not to. Just wait until some idiot texting rams into you.
Peace
KMA
The only reason for wearing a hoodie with the top up inside a business is to prevent identification by the surveillance cameras.

Red alert for the store owner to have his firearm ready.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918941 Jun 5, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Compassionate Liberals will NOT make a lung transplant to a little 10 year old girl because Obamacare regulation dies not permit that!
See? Sarah Palin was right- death panel!
The REAL problem is that she is NOT the little daughter of any Liberal in here. That is the REAL tragedy.
Obamacare is a major disaster, but we need to focus on the real problems of Obamacare and not on this unrelated event.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918942 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorist at Fort Hood has been granted permission to represent himself in court and can question the victims himself.
He's also getting paid to do it.
It's going to be a spectacle for the Al Jazeera network.
America truly lost its way electing those who now sit in power.
Complacency will be our undoing.
This trial demonstrates how badly Obama has screwed up the military.

The Muslim terrorist should have been tried and executed within a few months.
Lincoln

United States

#918943 Jun 5, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a foreign policy expert. I rest my case there. If you looked objectively at Susan Rice's job resume then she is eminently qualified to fill the position of NSC adviser Tom Donilon. On opposite sides of the political spectrum Madeline Albright and Jesse Helms would agree. "Susan Elizabeth Rice (born November 17, 1964) is an American diplomat, former Brookings Institution fellow, the current United States Ambassador to the United Nations, and the National Security Adviser-designate. Rice served on the staff of the National Security Council and as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs during President Bill Clinton's second term. Rice was confirmed as UN ambassador by the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent on January 22, 2009. "... "Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, a longtime mentor and family friend to Rice, urged Clinton to appoint Rice as Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs in 1997.[5] Rice was not the first choice of Congressional Black Caucus leaders, who considered Rice a member of "Washington's assimilationist black elite."[5] At a confirmation hearing chaired by Senator Jesse Helms, Rice, who attended the hearing along with her infant son, whom she was then nursing, made a great impression on senators from both parties and "sailed through the confirmation process."[5]" Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rice
Galt in funny in his inconsistencies ...he aspires to be Carol but misses that mark.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918944 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I somewhat agree with you. Although I'm not sure about republicans padding their pockets. It would seem to me that would be a bipartisan thing. Everybody wants their hand in free money. Using an EBT card to save printing the stamps is a good thing. However I think it should make people uncomfortable to be seen using one. It will give them an incentive to get off of them. Hell I say have a special line for EBT only. The catch being the computer registers on the other lanes be programed not to except them. I like that idea! Give them their own lane.
What's next have them wear a star on their clothes like the Nazis did with the Jews? You people are fcked up.
Lincoln

United States

#918945 Jun 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is a major disaster, but we need to focus on the real problems of Obamacare and not on this unrelated event.
Will this affect your homeland?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918946 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorist at Fort Hood has been granted permission to represent himself in court and can question the victims himself.
The best part of that wnole deal is he is going to stand before the court, the country, and the world and boost about doing it for Allah, the jihad, and Islam. It's going to blow Obama's 'workplace violence' sheep dip out of the water.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#918947 Jun 5, 2013
People who aren't interrogated gestapo-style or have their names and addresses posted because of their political beliefs and who aren't treated like they're on the government's "enemy's list" are, in fact, "useful idiots".

Otherwise, who in their right mind in a country that was once proudly hailed as the land of the free not see this is illegal, un-American and a dangerous abuse of power which will only get worse if the complacency we see on here spreads?

I'm seriously very concerned. Our freedoms that once defined us is on the chopping block.

And some on here are the few of many others holding the cleaver.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918948 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well lets see. Out of a 365 day year Saturday and Sunday take up 104 days. That brings it down to 261 days. The federal government takes off what 50 days a year for holidays (a guess). That brings it down to 211 days. A minimum of two weeks vacation brings it down to 201. Oh the logs they are specifically referring to are after the 2010 mid-terms when the democrats got their butts handed to them. So that would be 2011-2012. So 201 times two is 402. 3 times 161 is 483. Yeah right!!!
That would be correct except he only visited 11 times. So do the math on that ya stupid fck.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918949 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What's next have them wear a star on their clothes like the Nazis did with the Jews? You people are fcked up.
No I want them to do that? Personally I think giving them there own check out line would solve a lot of problems.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918950 Jun 5, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't he an American citizen? Have you all heard of this thing call the U.S. Constitution? Go read up on the 6th Amendment.

The Right To Be Your Own Lawyer

The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees certain rights for someone accused of a crime:
•a speedy and public trial
•a trial by jury
•complete notice of the accusation
•confrontation of witnesses
•calling witnesses on one's behalf
•assistance of counsel
•self-representation

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#918951 Jun 5, 2013
Stupid PC. That should say " No, why would I want them to do that?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#918952 Jun 5, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That would be correct except he only visited 11 times. So do the math on that ya stupid fck.
Homer believes everything Obama says, never doubting, never questioning, a true cult devotee.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918953 Jun 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I want them to do that? Personally I think giving them there own check out line would solve a lot of problems.
That's just dumb. Why are you people so obsessed with poor folk?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#918954 Jun 5, 2013
Besides why reward poor people with their own checkout line? Make them wait in line with the rest of us. Why don't rightwingers ever think anything through?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Earthling-1 59,512
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Im back 20,304
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr cpeter1313 311,215
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr TRD 70,607
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May 23 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May 23 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages